Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leroy Fer 22:03 - Jan 31 with 11904 viewsGaz_M

A player who's come in for a lot of criticism this season - some deserved, most undeserved.

He had a superb game this evening. Sharp in the tackle (embarrassing Cork showing how it's done), good on the ball, and drove forward at times.

He's already been a good signing. Hopefully he continues to improve under a proper manager.
Leroy Fer on 18:10 - Feb 12 with 2805 views34dfgdf54

Fer was outstanding today. Strong as an ox on the ball.
Leroy Fer on 00:17 - Feb 13 with 2545 viewsAngelRangelQS

Personally I think he's been fantastic under Clement. Absolutely brilliant.
Leroy Fer on 00:26 - Feb 13 with 2530 viewsdailew

Leroy Fer on 00:17 - Feb 13 by AngelRangelQS

Personally I think he's been fantastic under Clement. Absolutely brilliant.

Amazing how so many players are playing better under Clement.

Fer, FF, Mawson,Cork,Llorente,Routs..

If only Bob Badley had had the good fortune to see players inexplicably improve under him.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Leroy Fer on 00:33 - Feb 13 with 2519 viewsBanosswan

Everyone knows murph is a melt

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Leroy Fer on 01:16 - Feb 13 with 2491 viewsHighjack

Leroy Fer on 16:12 - Feb 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

Chris Wathan bizarrely named Cork MOTM.

I thought he was somewhere in the middle.

Yeah that was him, it's where he usually plays.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leroy Fer on 06:49 - Feb 13 with 2397 viewskarnataka

When Leroy is up for it, he can be a real beast and if Clem can keep him as motivated as he clearly was yesterday he's got a massive part to play in our continued resurgence. He was immense yesterday and if he keeps that form up, I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting international calls again.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2017 6:53]
Leroy Fer on 07:31 - Feb 13 with 2358 viewsDr_Winston

Could use one of those green smug smileys right about now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 10:21 - Feb 13 with 2261 viewsUppa_Swans

What sets Fer apart from a lot of players is his ball-carrying IMO. Pure yards. An attribute that never gets as much credit in football as it does in the egg but it's still hugely important. When Fer gets into his stride you can see it's massively difficult to stop him. A similar sort of player to Spurs' Dembele in that respect (who also goes under the radar when compared to others). He's already winning the ball well and playing key passes, if he can keep adding goals to his game we've got a serious player on our hands.
Login to get fewer ads

Leroy Fer on 11:48 - Feb 13 with 2220 viewsGreatBritton

Leroy Fer on 09:41 - Feb 4 by WarwickHunt

One of the funniest books ever written.

Have an up arrow, old fruit.

and another one from me. Brilliant book. Sad story about the author
Leroy Fer on 12:16 - Feb 13 with 2186 viewsdameedna

I watched Fer today as I was concerned Drinkwater would run the park. We made sure drinks only realy threatened out wide and Fer put a lot of hard work into keeping the centre tight and shrew face to one decent chance through the middle. Not sure though about standouts it was a sterling team effort. Oh go on then it was Alfies day thought o thought Freddie had a good game. Sorry to drift away from Leroy.
Leroy Fer on 14:41 - Feb 13 with 2130 viewsandypitt56

Leroy Fer on 10:21 - Feb 13 by Uppa_Swans

What sets Fer apart from a lot of players is his ball-carrying IMO. Pure yards. An attribute that never gets as much credit in football as it does in the egg but it's still hugely important. When Fer gets into his stride you can see it's massively difficult to stop him. A similar sort of player to Spurs' Dembele in that respect (who also goes under the radar when compared to others). He's already winning the ball well and playing key passes, if he can keep adding goals to his game we've got a serious player on our hands.

It was impressive when he went eased past 3 players before getting hauled down, and nut megging one of them in process. he has a very weird running style almost looks lazy at times, but then out of nowhere he has gone past a player.
Leroy Fer on 21:36 - Feb 13 with 2026 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Leroy Fer on 07:31 - Feb 13 by Dr_Winston

Could use one of those green smug smileys right about now.

I have been summoned...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Leroy Fer on 06:59 - Feb 14 with 1937 viewsDr_Winston

Leroy Fer on 21:36 - Feb 13 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I have been summoned...

Wondered if you'd pop up, and you didn't disappoint.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leroy Fer on 08:44 - Feb 14 with 1879 viewsWarwickHunt

Leroy Fer on 00:26 - Feb 13 by dailew

Amazing how so many players are playing better under Clement.

Fer, FF, Mawson,Cork,Llorente,Routs..

If only Bob Badley had had the good fortune to see players inexplicably improve under him.

To be fair, he did try to swap his tombola machine for a magic wand on Gumtree.
Leroy Fer on 19:43 - Mar 5 with 1685 viewsGaz_M

Another brilliant game from an excellent player.
Leroy Fer on 19:58 - Mar 5 with 1660 viewsDr_Winston

An integral part of a midfield trio rapidly becoming one of the most effective in the bottom half of the PL. With more time spent together under the coaching of Clement and Makalele, who's to say how good Fer, Cork and Carroll can become as a unit?

Leroy Fer on 20:04 - Mar 5 with 1644 viewsdailew

Leroy Fer on 19:58 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

An integral part of a midfield trio rapidly becoming one of the most effective in the bottom half of the PL. With more time spent together under the coaching of Clement and Makalele, who's to say how good Fer, Cork and Carroll can become as a unit?

Yup.

Complement each other nicely.

Those three pick themselves now.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Leroy Fer on 21:01 - Mar 5 with 1587 viewsDrizzy

Encouraging to see Clement finding a system that accentuates the strengths of average players such as Fer. It was painful watching him play in central midfield and have little impact on games but he's thriving with more freedom to gallop forward. Should be a good squad option in the future.

It's a step back towards our philosophy of building a team that is greater than the sum of its parts and not relying on individual talent. Obvious we're going to need another quality central midfielder though, especially if we persist with this formation.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Leroy Fer on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 1533 viewsnantywatcher

Leroy Fer on 21:01 - Mar 5 by Drizzy

Encouraging to see Clement finding a system that accentuates the strengths of average players such as Fer. It was painful watching him play in central midfield and have little impact on games but he's thriving with more freedom to gallop forward. Should be a good squad option in the future.

It's a step back towards our philosophy of building a team that is greater than the sum of its parts and not relying on individual talent. Obvious we're going to need another quality central midfielder though, especially if we persist with this formation.

"average player" - what clowns like you are doing on a football forum is way beyond me, utterly clueless - get back to your Play Station
Leroy Fer on 22:14 - Mar 5 with 1510 viewsKerouac

I always said we needed to fit him in somehow, as he makes things happen in the final third.

Add in;
- He is very strong in the air
- He eats up the ground
- He is strong on the ball
- He is fukking up for it

...and you have an important player for us.

One thing he could do more of (as his strengths will allow him to succeed at it) is get into the box when a cross is about to be stuck in there.

Several times I have noticed that he hangs back just outside the box, often with Siggy.
Siggy and Carroll should be lurking outside the box and Fer should be breaking his neck to join Llorente in the box.
I guarantee you that if he gets himself in there he will score goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Leroy Fer on 22:31 - Mar 5 with 1480 viewsDarran

Leroy Fer on 19:43 - Mar 5 by Gaz_M

Another brilliant game from an excellent player.

Great thread Murph.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leroy Fer on 22:38 - Mar 5 with 1464 viewsbonymine

Leroy Fer on 22:31 - Mar 5 by Darran

Great thread Murph.

He looks a different player under Clement ... much fitter and disciplined, committed to going forward and playing with confidence alongside the likes of Olson, Carroll, Siggy and Narsingh ..,,,STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Leroy Fer on 11:18 - Mar 6 with 1330 viewsDafyddHuw

Leroy Fer on 21:59 - Mar 5 by nantywatcher

"average player" - what clowns like you are doing on a football forum is way beyond me, utterly clueless - get back to your Play Station

Don't be so patronising - who says you're the font of all knowledge when it comes to football? Are posters who disagree with you not allowed to post?

The truth is, Fer has been absolute dogshit when playing for QPR and Norwich, and was no better under Guido or Coach Bob. It's only under PC that his talents are coming to the fore.
If he was the worldbeater you seem to think he is, his class would have risen above all that. So "average player" isn't that far off the mark -albeit PC has now got him playing out of his skin. And long may it continue.
Leroy Fer on 14:10 - Mar 6 with 1275 viewsDr_Winston

Leroy Fer on 11:18 - Mar 6 by DafyddHuw

Don't be so patronising - who says you're the font of all knowledge when it comes to football? Are posters who disagree with you not allowed to post?

The truth is, Fer has been absolute dogshit when playing for QPR and Norwich, and was no better under Guido or Coach Bob. It's only under PC that his talents are coming to the fore.
If he was the worldbeater you seem to think he is, his class would have risen above all that. So "average player" isn't that far off the mark -albeit PC has now got him playing out of his skin. And long may it continue.

That second paragraph isn't really "truth" though is it?

Fer's been a decent player since he got here, and was the only one scoring goals during a tough start. Had he not done that we may have been even deeper in the relegation shit than we are.

"Absolute dogshit"? Don't be daft.

Leroy Fer on 14:19 - Mar 6 with 1258 viewsmagicdaps10

There is certainly a good player in Fer but not as a holding midfielder or one who just plays in the front of the centre halves.
Seems to feed on confidence much more than the average player and at present is playing in his best position, but is he the best player we have capable of playing in that position?
At present, our main focus is staying in this league and Gylfi has to be sacrificed out wide to allow Fer to play that role behind the striker, at present this is working a treat.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024