Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss 12:51 - Mar 9 with 2304 viewsCopperJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39219285

Aww diddums. Fortunately, they have a government that spends £15m on bringing that Ashes there whilst telling the taxpayers who fund it that it's 'Good for Wales'.

P*ssed on a century of history when they moved them out of Swansea. Good riddance.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 13:04 - Mar 9 with 1958 viewsSwanjaxs

Throwing taxpayers money around so they can have a test match every other year and a couple of T20's/ 50 overs, meanwhile Glamorgan have become a laughing stock with a squad barely above minor county standard....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 13:19 - Mar 9 with 1940 viewsowainglyndwr

Used to know loads of people going to watch Glamorgan years ago, hardly hear of anyone going these days.
Failed when they decided on a permanent home.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2017 20:06]
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 14:10 - Mar 9 with 1910 viewsperchrockjack

I too loved watched Glamorgan and seen them at the northern grounds.

Colwyn Bay was/is great day out.

Somehow, the thrill has gone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:08 - Mar 9 with 1841 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well I'm glad we've got an international cricket venue in South Wales. I've had a few cracking days out when I've been there for Tests and limited overs games.

Poll: Tory leader

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:24 - Mar 9 with 1808 viewsperchrockjack

Even if it's possibly been at the expense of our county.

Frankly, Glamorgan ccc is now a joke as compared to what it was.

St Helens was a ground held in much esteem and affection not least by Arlott

We ve (I've ) seen some of the great touring teams play there and it was packed from the off

Halcyon days now but a memory , all sacrificed on the Cardiff altar

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:24 - Mar 9 with 1809 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:08 - Mar 9 by exiledclaseboy

Well I'm glad we've got an international cricket venue in South Wales. I've had a few cracking days out when I've been there for Tests and limited overs games.

Do you not think Glamorgan has gone down the Swanny since moving permanently to Sophia Gardens? It would seem crowds have gone through the floor apart from the few times you turn up to watch the bigger games.
Serious question as I know less about cricket than egg chasing and that is saying something.
To me they had a vastly superior ground in St Helens but decided to polish the Cardiff Turd and they are now reaping the rewards.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:32 - Mar 9 with 1788 viewsexiledclaseboy

To answer both posts above, yes the upgrading of the stadium has clearly been at the expense of Glamorgan. But county cricket has only ever existed to service the national side, that's pretty much its purpose. I used to love watching Glamorgan in Swansea and places like Ebbw Vale and Pontypridd and I too have lost interest now. I won't go to Cardiff to watch Glamorgan but I do enjoy being able to watch international cricket on my doorstep (relatively speaking).

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:35 - Mar 9 with 1780 viewsperchrockjack

I feel like a dinosaur Andrew as I long for the days when we had a Sunday league played on a Sunday, text matches that meant something and a county cricket structure when you k ew when games would start and end

Far far too many competitions, far too much cricket

Less is better

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:35 - Mar 9 with 1781 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:32 - Mar 9 by exiledclaseboy

To answer both posts above, yes the upgrading of the stadium has clearly been at the expense of Glamorgan. But county cricket has only ever existed to service the national side, that's pretty much its purpose. I used to love watching Glamorgan in Swansea and places like Ebbw Vale and Pontypridd and I too have lost interest now. I won't go to Cardiff to watch Glamorgan but I do enjoy being able to watch international cricket on my doorstep (relatively speaking).

I actually had the same view of cricket as Dylan Thomas. We only went to watch it to have a drink when the pubs closed for the afternoon ;-)
Joking aside I think it is tragic as I can remeber massive crowds watch Glamorgan play the WIndies etc. Shame it is all gone.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:37 - Mar 9 with 1774 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:35 - Mar 9 by perchrockjack

I feel like a dinosaur Andrew as I long for the days when we had a Sunday league played on a Sunday, text matches that meant something and a county cricket structure when you k ew when games would start and end

Far far too many competitions, far too much cricket

Less is better

I don't disagree.

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:38 - Mar 9 with 1768 viewsperchrockjack

Well that s me fooked

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 20:39 - Mar 9 with 1692 viewsdickythorpe

Wallace retired last month to much acclaim.....I actually think he has been poor for years.....the real shock to me was Dean Cosker has retired.

He should have played for England, if Croft was good enough then do was this guy in his pomp.

When we won the one day leagues in 2002 and 2004 he was the best fielder in the game, plus his miserly bowling spells helped.
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 21:03 - Mar 9 with 1669 viewsLoyal

Glamorgan, fck em.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 21:26 - Mar 9 with 1638 viewsWarwickHunt

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 20:39 - Mar 9 by dickythorpe

Wallace retired last month to much acclaim.....I actually think he has been poor for years.....the real shock to me was Dean Cosker has retired.

He should have played for England, if Croft was good enough then do was this guy in his pomp.

When we won the one day leagues in 2002 and 2004 he was the best fielder in the game, plus his miserly bowling spells helped.

Left arm too.

Not as if he was up against Titmus and Underwood like the great Don Shepherd. Mind you, Ontong was good enough for the Saffies but not England...
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 21:30 - Mar 9 with 1632 viewsperchrockjack

Whereas Robin Hobbs ,the leg spinner became the Mark gower of the county

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 11:26 - Mar 10 with 1549 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:08 - Mar 9 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed so, shame they decided to p*ss on over a century of history and move them out of Swansea, because heaven forbid they actually build something not in Cardiff.

I'd rather go to Edgbaston than justify their expenditure by lining their pockets, they already take our taxes to pay for those internationals. It's a shame because I loved watching the cricket and they did actually have a team that represented all of the former county. Now, we get one game a season as a 'look, we haven't abandoned you' and they're in deep debt because of it. Stuff 'em.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 11:55 - Mar 10 with 1524 viewsProfessor

There was a need for a 'home' ground and financially Cardiff made more sense. St Helen's was the better ground, they were better supported and if the rugby had moved could have been developed into a real bowl of a ground. Sadly the county has suffered with the redevelopment of Sophia Gardens to chase the tests. No WAG around when the initial decision was made and thereafter followed Glamorgan's greatest period of success. What has happened since the test status decision was a disaster.

I wish that St Helen's had been the choice-it could have been a magnificent ground
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 12:09 - Mar 10 with 1512 viewsSwanjaxs

The Vetch August/May St Helens May/August...... best years of my life

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 13:08 - Mar 10 with 1479 viewsdickythorpe

Professor, Bryn Road residents and the Fecking Council have held back plans for St. Helens for decades now.

In 1993 plans were submitted but never acted upon
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 13:36 - Mar 10 with 1459 viewstheloneranger

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 19:24 - Mar 9 by perchrockjack

Even if it's possibly been at the expense of our county.

Frankly, Glamorgan ccc is now a joke as compared to what it was.

St Helens was a ground held in much esteem and affection not least by Arlott

We ve (I've ) seen some of the great touring teams play there and it was packed from the off

Halcyon days now but a memory , all sacrificed on the Cardiff altar

Richie Benaud said St Helens was his favourite cricket ground out of all the grounds he'd been to in the world

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 15:10 - Mar 10 with 1440 viewsCountyJim

Do People from Sheffield and Bradford complain about having to watch Yorkshire at Leeds because they used to stage matches there at least Swansea is still used

Move on, I meam they no longer use the Gwent grounds but Glamorgan is still my Club
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 16:07 - Mar 10 with 1415 viewsProfessor

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 13:08 - Mar 10 by dickythorpe

Professor, Bryn Road residents and the Fecking Council have held back plans for St. Helens for decades now.

In 1993 plans were submitted but never acted upon

A great shame- the seated bank in front the pavilion could have been wrapped around and new stands with all the facilities along the mumbles road side. Is a pretty large playing surface. I'm a Neath boy so the the all whites could bugger off to ground share with Dunvant or Bonymaen!
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 17:30 - Mar 10 with 1387 viewsWarwickHunt

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 15:10 - Mar 10 by CountyJim

Do People from Sheffield and Bradford complain about having to watch Yorkshire at Leeds because they used to stage matches there at least Swansea is still used

Move on, I meam they no longer use the Gwent grounds but Glamorgan is still my Club

With respect Jim, the Gwent grounds didn't have the history of St. Helen's nor the massive potential.

Swansea was the spiritual home of Glamorgan CCC and much loved by everyone in the game.
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 18:00 - Mar 10 with 1366 viewsCountyJim

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 17:30 - Mar 10 by WarwickHunt

With respect Jim, the Gwent grounds didn't have the history of St. Helen's nor the massive potential.

Swansea was the spiritual home of Glamorgan CCC and much loved by everyone in the game.

As was Bramell Lane in Sheffield

I just picked Yorkshire but other Counties have done the same over their history as well
Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 18:31 - Mar 10 with 1351 viewsCountyJim

Cardiff Cricket club suffer financial loss on 17:30 - Mar 10 by WarwickHunt

And as for the spiritual home I beg to differ when I was growing up 70s-80s my Mam and Dad brought me up on Glamorgan and that was Sophia Gardens in the main couple of visits a season to Swansea the one visit to Ebbw Vale and Abergavenny and in early 90s Newport was used again

I can vaguely remember did they also play at llanelli and Neath as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024