Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking Llorente off 18:01 - Apr 22 with 6764 viewsMagic_Michu

One of the worst, most defensive decisions I have seen down the Liberty... especially when it could be goal difference it comes down too.

30 mins to go and we try and shut up shop. What was that all about!?

If it wasn't for an atrocious penalty miss.... Clement would have been absolutely slated left right and centre.

I hate defensive football... grow some balls and attack!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Taking Llorente off on 18:36 - Apr 22 with 1325 viewsMagic_Michu

Taking Llorente off on 18:25 - Apr 22 by jack247

We won today. I'm not going to educate you on why Baston doesn't suit us again. You never seem to understand why no manager picks him anyway.

Who's mentioning anything about Baston?

Put Montero on to scare their full backs and stop the counter a bit and put Siggy as false 9

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Taking Llorente off on 18:37 - Apr 22 with 1318 viewsperchrockjack

So did Hull with ten men

Therefore less games to pull back the points

My dad loved Judy Garland and Deanna Durbin

Practise safe sex with Pross .his knob stinks .Fact

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Taking Llorente off on 18:37 - Apr 22 with 1322 viewsjasper_T

Three centrebacks isn't parking the bus.

When your central midfielders are running box to box on counters you're not parking the bus.
Taking Llorente off on 18:38 - Apr 22 with 1319 viewsjack247

Taking Llorente off on 18:32 - Apr 22 by perchrockjack

Oh. but I do

There again, parking up the bus with more than 30 mins to go?

Explain that one

On second thought ,have your Tea

The best explanation I've got for that is Llorente was shattered and we didn't have a striker capable of playing up front on his own to call on.

532 isn't as negative as replacing Llorente with Van der Hoorn suggests. The full backs pushed up and we had both Siggy and Ayew as outlets, we just didn't have anyone we could cross to. We didn't park the bus.
Taking Llorente off on 18:39 - Apr 22 with 1306 viewsperchrockjack

No offence meant as regards "tea"

I'm sure you live in a nice area and it's dinner

Not tea ,which is served afternoon

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Taking Llorente off on 18:41 - Apr 22 with 1305 viewsDarran

Taking Llorente off on 18:36 - Apr 22 by Magic_Michu

Put Montero on to scare their full backs and stop the counter a bit and put Siggy as false 9

The bin dipper.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Taking Llorente off on 18:42 - Apr 22 with 1295 viewsjasper_T

Taking Llorente off on 18:36 - Apr 22 by Landore_Jack

"I made the change based on the way he was feeling at half-time, but there is no injury,” he explained."

“At that point I made a tactical change as well. I wanted an extra defender to help deal with the aerial threat of (Peter) Crouch and we wanted our wide defenders to press higher up the pitch because the formation we were playing was allowing Stoke space out wide.”

Johnson especially was getting very far forward with a lot of time on the ball. The extra defender allowed Kingsley and Carroll to press higher towards him, which led to a lot of awful crosses from Johnson in the last period.

They adapted to our system as the game went on. That Clement was willing to adapt in turn is a positive step for him.
Taking Llorente off on 18:44 - Apr 22 with 1284 viewsjack247

PRJ. I even quoted him.
Login to get fewer ads

Taking Llorente off on 18:45 - Apr 22 with 1279 viewsraynor94

Montero? scare their full backs, you are having a laugh, Clement called it and it paid off, apart from the fortunate penalty, Stoke could have played all night and not scored

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Taking Llorente off on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 1248 viewsmorningstar

Taking Llorente off on 18:19 - Apr 22 by jojaca

Mr Clement got away with that after the missed penalty. I can't remember a decision like this in our modern era which completely baffled and silenced the crowd.

Totally agree. The last time we brought on an extra centre back to see out the game we won 0-1 at Everton. We won today as well! Atrocious decision.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Taking Llorente off on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 1202 viewsjohnlangy

But how fit is he ? He played very well today apart from the goal and maybe they were trying to ensure he was fit for next week.

And, even though it seemed a really defensive change we played some very good attacking football after it.
Taking Llorente off on 19:03 - Apr 22 with 1193 viewsmonmouth

Taking Llorente off on 18:51 - Apr 22 by morningstar

Totally agree. The last time we brought on an extra centre back to see out the game we won 0-1 at Everton. We won today as well! Atrocious decision.

Gary, there was an hour gone and 99 times out of 100 the penalty goes in against us and after that we are totally f*cked. There is no rhyme or reason for doing that. If anything we looked shakier in defence after the change, and a stupid pen and a deflection saved our negative pathetic arses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Taking Llorente off on 19:10 - Apr 22 with 1137 viewsjack247

Taking Llorente off on 19:03 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Gary, there was an hour gone and 99 times out of 100 the penalty goes in against us and after that we are totally f*cked. There is no rhyme or reason for doing that. If anything we looked shakier in defence after the change, and a stupid pen and a deflection saved our negative pathetic arses.

Let's be fair, it was a lucky penalty and slightly against the run of play. You can never legislate for everything, though I do agree it probably would have relegated us.

I thought Stoke were coming back into the game and we looked better after Llorente went off.
Taking Llorente off on 19:11 - Apr 22 with 1124 viewssP7qupUf

Taking Llorente off on 18:08 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

Llorente was shattered and Clement had to do something to adjust the system as Stoke were finding more and more space getting into our final third.

Ki and Carroll had more freedom to push on once we went to the three at the back, which paid off.

This
Taking Llorente off on 19:16 - Apr 22 with 1091 viewssP7qupUf

Taking Llorente off on 18:51 - Apr 22 by morningstar

Yes. This year away at Everton we were 1=0 up with a CB on the benched BB brought on KIi. They hit a high one into the box and equalised. PC was stop on.
Taking Llorente off on 19:21 - Apr 22 with 1069 viewsmorningstar

Taking Llorente off on 19:03 - Apr 22 by monmouth

That's just down to our nerves and gritting of teeth stuff Mon. Apart from the pen, we won that game at a canter. They we're never in it mate. We're still shit tho.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Taking Llorente off on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 1051 viewsmonmouth

Taking Llorente off on 19:10 - Apr 22 by jack247

Let's be fair, it was a lucky penalty and slightly against the run of play. You can never legislate for everything, though I do agree it probably would have relegated us.

I thought Stoke were coming back into the game and we looked better after Llorente went off.

To be fair, I was watching it through a prism of disbelief and fear. I had by own negative attitude throughout that I still can't shake off. It would have been interesting (not that I 'd want to) to see what the shape would have been if we hadn't scored the second so quickly. I think we would have funnelled deep, and invited huge pressure, but we'll never know, thank God.

I'll accept a different perspective when I'm unwound. I'm currently like a frigging spring after going through that. The players were much better though, they so clearly tried harder, which makes me increasingly angry for the last two away games, and tried to play with some pattern.

Taking Llorente off on 19:37 - Apr 22 with 1015 viewsSTID2017

I thought the same thing when Guidolin took Ayew off and brought Gomis on against Chelsea with us 1-0 up last season.
Luckily both times the decisions worked, but in both cases the managers were very lucky

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Taking Llorente off on 19:39 - Apr 22 with 1011 viewsrock1n

We won.....

Seriously what the absolute ###k

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Taking Llorente off on 19:39 - Apr 22 with 1011 viewsmonmouth

Taking Llorente off on 19:21 - Apr 22 by morningstar

That's just down to our nerves and gritting of teeth stuff Mon. Apart from the pen, we won that game at a canter. They we're never in it mate. We're still shit tho.

Now I've seen Clements logic I'm cooler with it mate. I was too dull to work that out at the time as I was begging for a second goal and I saw it as just a defensive shit out. I can see clearer now, as Johnny Mathis nearly said. Still not sure I'm wholly in tune though...I really don't like teams with zero pace, but I suppose if Olsson was out and you have two wingers you simply can't trust, it's hobsons choice.

Taking Llorente off on 19:43 - Apr 22 with 972 viewsSTID2017

Taking Llorente off on 19:39 - Apr 22 by rock1n

We won.....

Seriously what the absolute ###k

The point is that at a crucial point we could have given a goal away and undone all the hard work.
We won and we're are all delighted, but if we'd lost or drawn all the praise in the world would have been worthless

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Taking Llorente off on 19:46 - Apr 22 with 955 viewsjack247

Taking Llorente off on 19:43 - Apr 22 by STID2017

The point is that at a crucial point we could have given a goal away and undone all the hard work.
We won and we're are all delighted, but if we'd lost or drawn all the praise in the world would have been worthless

We were more likely to concede a goal with Llorente out of gas and Stoke starting to take control of the midfield.

It wasn't as negative a change as people seem to think.
Taking Llorente off on 19:47 - Apr 22 with 951 viewsbuilthjack

Good management

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Taking Llorente off on 20:23 - Apr 22 with 847 viewsGriffting

Taking Llorente off on 18:45 - Apr 22 by raynor94

Montero? scare their full backs, you are having a laugh, Clement called it and it paid off, apart from the fortunate penalty, Stoke could have played all night and not scored

I agree.

Absolutely zero point in bringing montero on when there is no one who can head a ball in the middle.

Crouch was starting to get some joy out of our back four in the air by targeting Naughton, Clement rectified this by pushing Naughton up the pitch and sticking VDH into a back three. Worked well IMO.
Taking Llorente off on 20:25 - Apr 22 with 843 viewsplasjack

Taking Llorente off on 19:39 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Now I've seen Clements logic I'm cooler with it mate. I was too dull to work that out at the time as I was begging for a second goal and I saw it as just a defensive shit out. I can see clearer now, as Johnny Mathis nearly said. Still not sure I'm wholly in tune though...I really don't like teams with zero pace, but I suppose if Olsson was out and you have two wingers you simply can't trust, it's hobsons choice.

We were lucky, logic got nothing too do with it, Clements was either inspired or made an error.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024