Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking Llorente off 18:01 - Apr 22 with 6763 viewsMagic_Michu

One of the worst, most defensive decisions I have seen down the Liberty... especially when it could be goal difference it comes down too.

30 mins to go and we try and shut up shop. What was that all about!?

If it wasn't for an atrocious penalty miss.... Clement would have been absolutely slated left right and centre.

I hate defensive football... grow some balls and attack!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Taking Llorente off on 20:26 - Apr 22 with 972 viewscontroversial_jack

I'm a big fan of Lorente, bet we looked and performed better after he came off. Well done P.C.
Taking Llorente off on 21:01 - Apr 22 with 911 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Taking Llorente off on 18:36 - Apr 22 by Landore_Jack

"I made the change based on the way he was feeling at half-time, but there is no injury,” he explained."

β€œAt that point I made a tactical change as well. I wanted an extra defender to help deal with the aerial threat of (Peter) Crouch and we wanted our wide defenders to press higher up the pitch because the formation we were playing was allowing Stoke space out wide.”

This makes sense.

Still, Borja on the bench at all the rest of the season is a waste of a spot, if we weren't going to use him at 58' today.

Not 2nd guessing PC's 2nd half decision, I'm just speaking to the Borja vs OM debate.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Taking Llorente off on 21:35 - Apr 22 with 860 viewsClinton

It looked like a mistake when we gave away the Pen.
It looked like genius at the end of the game.
Its a crazy game.
50 years watching it and I still cant work it out.
Thats why I go.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Taking Llorente off on 21:36 - Apr 22 with 858 viewsjasper_T

Taking Llorente off on 21:01 - Apr 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

This makes sense.

Still, Borja on the bench at all the rest of the season is a waste of a spot, if we weren't going to use him at 58' today.

Not 2nd guessing PC's 2nd half decision, I'm just speaking to the Borja vs OM debate.

Did you miss that he came on later in the game?
Taking Llorente off on 21:43 - Apr 22 with 852 viewsTheKirkyLife

I've had an awful lot of time sitting thinking about this which is kinda stupid since we won, here's my thoughts though.

A lot of us have fancied the team going for three at the back at one point or another. Today showed that the system can indeed work and work well. The penalty was not the fault of the system but Fernandez. We got lucky and the same system enabled Carroll to get a good deflection for the goal.

We have a bit of versatility now. We learned Britton can play a big part and I think that Clement is figuring out more as we go along. Most important point to take away from today is we stopped the rot.

That in itself is an improvement for Paul from his Derby days.
Taking Llorente off on 21:47 - Apr 22 with 842 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Great decision

We didn't look like scoring .

Well done clement

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Taking Llorente off on 22:38 - Apr 22 with 777 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Taking Llorente off on 21:36 - Apr 22 by jasper_T

Did you miss that he came on later in the game?

Doh, for Leon at 85' my bad.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Taking Llorente off on 01:01 - Apr 23 with 685 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Taking Llorente off on 22:38 - Apr 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

Doh, for Leon at 85' my bad.

In fairness to me though, it was a very quiet 9 minutes fpr him.

Login to get fewer ads

Taking Llorente off on 02:57 - Apr 23 with 652 viewsRuDeMan1970

Taking Llorente off on 19:39 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Now I've seen Clements logic I'm cooler with it mate. I was too dull to work that out at the time as I was begging for a second goal and I saw it as just a defensive shit out. I can see clearer now, as Johnny Mathis nearly said. Still not sure I'm wholly in tune though...I really don't like teams with zero pace, but I suppose if Olsson was out and you have two wingers you simply can't trust, it's hobsons choice.

Johnny Nash mate

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Taking Llorente off on 07:53 - Apr 23 with 607 viewsmonmouth

Taking Llorente off on 02:57 - Apr 23 by RuDeMan1970

Johnny Nash mate

Oh yeah...bugger...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Taking Llorente off on 08:39 - Apr 23 with 578 viewsWhiterockin

Taking Llorente off on 19:37 - Apr 22 by STID2017

I thought the same thing when Guidolin took Ayew off and brought Gomis on against Chelsea with us 1-0 up last season.
Luckily both times the decisions worked, but in both cases the managers were very lucky

At what point does luck become good tactics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024