Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message to gylfi sigurðsson 14:44 - May 14 with 5879 viewsSwanseaman

It would be better to stay at Swansea, if you went to a bigger club you may end up with less game time, competing with other players to get in the team.

You are a fans favorite here, that won't be guaranteed to happen elsewhere.

the Jack Army are the best supporters and you share Celtic ancestry with us.

Everton is not a better club to go to and not a good move, so cancel that if you are in any talks with them.

Next season could be a really great one here, there are many players who have left us and regretted it (wanted to come back). The grass is not always greener..

[Post edited 14 May 2017 14:47]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:01 - May 15 with 924 viewstomdickharry

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 12:00 - May 15 by perchrockjack

I d love this guy to stay but I ll leave it to Clem....not Jenkins though

He goes only if we get a Stella player

That's how it has to be if indeed the player moves on,just think, what club is going to fork out top,top money on a 4yr contract for a 28yr old.Our owners are no fools and will listen to what Mr Clement has to say alongside the players own wishes,I believe they will push the boat out to keep Siggy and will only sell him if he irrevocably wishes to leave,if that's the case then we maybe disappointed with the transfer fee as potential suitors will know he wishes to leave us.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:11 - May 15 with 902 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:46 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

There won't be any say to be had in the situation. He wil be hunted by the likes of Everton and sold.

He has class I'll agree and some finesse* but his performances this season have been punctated with a lot of lazy flicks (at least one which he lost the ball on the edge of our penalty area conceding a go al after hich he waved his arms about like someone else was to blame). It's instances like that which lessen his overall contribution in mine and other's eyes. Some great stuff, some not so great.

He does not (and never really did) dominate games for us (a notable exception was his performance at Fulham away unfder Rodgers which was top class). I f he could do what Leon has done in the last four matches and take games by the scruff of the neck and influence them at will. Easier at CDM maybe? Possibly but he just doesn't sem that kind of a player.

Spurs signed him and let him go when he had ample opportunity to impress at a top 6 club. Unfortunately he hasn't got the consistency , pace or physical power to make himself effective in that kind of highly demanding environment.

True, his input has been vitally important in helping keep us in this division over the last two seasons. But that says as much about the deficencies in the rest of the side as much as his abilities.

I hope that was a decent enough explanation .

*P.S. For true finesse the one player that stands out head and shoulders for me was Michu.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 13:53]

A perfect assessment of Siggy.

People think I hate the guy or completely don't rate him. This just isn't true, it's looking like that though with all the bullshit oneupmanship type posts led by the disgusting Darran.

Siggy is a tidy footballer and he looks great. He's got the gliding, silky look of a Beckham or Andrea Orlandi on the pitch and you can clearly see Becks was his hero growing up, as was Orlandi's. They've both modelled their every move to look like him, they are all similar players as well with Orlandi being the worst performer out of the 3. But they all have very similar deficiencies. These are always overlooked with Siggy and I've never thought that fair.

He deserves criticism like any other player but always escapes.

I'm overjoyed he floated yet another one across for Llorente and I can't thank him enough for his assists and goals in this pretty dire season, but I stand by my own critique of him, because if you're all honest and watch the games in full and properly you will see it also.

Neath Jack bang on the money as always.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:14 - May 15 with 898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:54 - May 15 by TheResurrection

I accept they know the game. I deny they know the Swans, next to nothing actually. And this is proved week in week out with their bland, stating the obvious wheeled out sound bites. They will be given a bunch of stats by their researchers and they'll be tasked with finding something that Siggy or Llorente has done and that's it.

The day they say anything remotely interesting which proves they fully understand us I'll start to give them credit.

This forum is full of Match of the Day type zombies.

Agreed. We aren't big enough to be other than patronized by most of the MOTD pundits.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:32 - May 15 with 865 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:14 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. We aren't big enough to be other than patronized by most of the MOTD pundits.

I'd accept MNF analysis from Carra and Neville cos at least you'd know they'd been forced to watch it, even if they would spend 80% talking about the other side.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:39 - May 15 with 859 viewsperchrockjack

Yeah,that s fair.

Too often Siggy tries a vinegar stroke but it turns to water

He could be far more effective in open play but what warrior, never hides,always plays, never whinges and he s been fooked around unmercilessly this season .

He saved our status whatever is said about him and for that reason I ll always respect the man

If he moves on, then fine ,but ALL his fee must go towards a top playmaker so no scrimping by the scum that is Jenkins who ,really, should be the first to be nobbed off

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:06 - May 15 with 834 viewsjack247

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 14:39 - May 15 by perchrockjack

Yeah,that s fair.

Too often Siggy tries a vinegar stroke but it turns to water

He could be far more effective in open play but what warrior, never hides,always plays, never whinges and he s been fooked around unmercilessly this season .

He saved our status whatever is said about him and for that reason I ll always respect the man

If he moves on, then fine ,but ALL his fee must go towards a top playmaker so no scrimping by the scum that is Jenkins who ,really, should be the first to be nobbed off

We won't be able to sign a like for like replacement. Players in his price bracket are going to want to go to more glamorous and higher paying clubs.

Keeping it very simple, if he went for £20-25m, we would be better served trying to sign a playmaker and a wideman who can shoot and cross for £10-12m each. Improve the team even if you weaken the position.

If he does go though, I'd be amazed if all the funds were ploughed back into the team.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:11 - May 15 with 818 viewsperchrockjack

In which case we might have issues.

The Bony money wasn't invested in a like for like player and look it got us.

Nah, I'm all for thrift but we ll have made massive profit on him which should go right back into the team.
We need a talisman and siggy will be a massive miss .

Jesus, he's played every game no matter what .

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:36 - May 15 with 799 viewswaynekerr55

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 12:00 - May 15 by perchrockjack

I d love this guy to stay but I ll leave it to Clem....not Jenkins though

He goes only if we get a Stella player

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:38 - May 15 with 795 viewsperchrockjack

Tap in .you owe me.

Only joking.

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:51 - May 15 with 787 viewsploppy

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:46 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

There won't be any say to be had in the situation. He wil be hunted by the likes of Everton and sold.

He has class I'll agree and some finesse* but his performances this season have been punctated with a lot of lazy flicks (at least one which he lost the ball on the edge of our penalty area conceding a go al after hich he waved his arms about like someone else was to blame). It's instances like that which lessen his overall contribution in mine and other's eyes. Some great stuff, some not so great.

He does not (and never really did) dominate games for us (a notable exception was his performance at Fulham away unfder Rodgers which was top class). I f he could do what Leon has done in the last four matches and take games by the scruff of the neck and influence them at will. Easier at CDM maybe? Possibly but he just doesn't sem that kind of a player.

Spurs signed him and let him go when he had ample opportunity to impress at a top 6 club. Unfortunately he hasn't got the consistency , pace or physical power to make himself effective in that kind of highly demanding environment.

True, his input has been vitally important in helping keep us in this division over the last two seasons. But that says as much about the deficencies in the rest of the side as much as his abilities.

I hope that was a decent enough explanation .

*P.S. For true finesse the one player that stands out head and shoulders for me was Michu.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 13:53]

You, Sir, are absolutely spot on.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 17:54 - May 15 with 729 viewsJackanapes

£30m please.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:52 - May 15 with 667 viewsNirvana

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:12 - May 15 by TheResurrection

You better prepare yourself I think mate. He'll be gone and we'll be better. Bookmark this to your left bollock?

This season:

Gylfi with a dead ball has been lethal

Gylfi from open play has been SHIT.

He's had moments here and there and he's worked hard, all credit for that. But he's had a poor season in open play, and it's as simple as that to anyone who knows the game.

(Caveat: apart from Match of the Day pundits who just watch 5 minute highlights)

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:55 - May 15 with 659 viewsNirvana

And, of course, look at who has obsessively taken over this thread.

A couple of anti-Siggy troll 'fanboys' jealously bbitchingg about MOTD pundits, as always, and as if that has any relevancy on here. Keep digging that hole guys.

FFUKKINGG CLULESS, AS ALWAYS.

You're much better when you're "not hiding". Go back to that.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:57 - May 15 with 648 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:55 - May 15 by Nirvana

And, of course, look at who has obsessively taken over this thread.

A couple of anti-Siggy troll 'fanboys' jealously bbitchingg about MOTD pundits, as always, and as if that has any relevancy on here. Keep digging that hole guys.

FFUKKINGG CLULESS, AS ALWAYS.

You're much better when you're "not hiding". Go back to that.

Have you got a stammer?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 20:02 - May 15 with 629 viewsNirvana

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 15:06 - May 15 by jack247

We won't be able to sign a like for like replacement. Players in his price bracket are going to want to go to more glamorous and higher paying clubs.

Keeping it very simple, if he went for £20-25m, we would be better served trying to sign a playmaker and a wideman who can shoot and cross for £10-12m each. Improve the team even if you weaken the position.

If he does go though, I'd be amazed if all the funds were ploughed back into the team.

I agree 247.

For us, replacing Siggy's quality is impossible because players of his ilk are on, and belong on, better squads than ours. He is in his prime and he has been consistently excellent his entire career. He has suffered from Jenkins' reject bin policy more than anybody, and we have been very lucky to keep him for so long.

I disagree about the fee, though. Siggy's overall value to our club is far more than £35m, but that is his value on the market and we shouldn't be entertaining any offers of less. The bidding starts there or he doesn't get sold. That simple.

Having said that, do I think Jenkins will have that type of mettle? No. But even for him, accepting less than £30m is ridiculous.

We couldn't replace him with three players at £10-12m but that's still a better start than two. And that would be best case scenario, meaning the majority of the money was reinvested. I don't have confidence the club would do that if they make the decision to sell Siggy, unless he demands it.

Simply put, our squad would be far better off keeping him and signing some other quality players to surround him with.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 20:06 - May 15 with 618 viewsNirvana

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 19:57 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Have you got a stammer?

No, and thanks for caring.

But you have an obsession, and it looks sad.

Better things to do in life, Bryn.

Try focusing on that more, and how much you hate Siggy less.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 20:17 - May 15 with 597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 20:06 - May 15 by Nirvana

No, and thanks for caring.

But you have an obsession, and it looks sad.

Better things to do in life, Bryn.

Try focusing on that more, and how much you hate Siggy less.

Of course you're not obsessed in the slightest are you?
Better things to do? Trolling people who have a objective view on Siggurdsson instead of the blind schoolboy crush youv'e got on him?
Better things to do . Mmmnnnn. Whatever you say...............................................

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:00 - May 15 with 550 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 20:02 - May 15 by Nirvana

I agree 247.

For us, replacing Siggy's quality is impossible because players of his ilk are on, and belong on, better squads than ours. He is in his prime and he has been consistently excellent his entire career. He has suffered from Jenkins' reject bin policy more than anybody, and we have been very lucky to keep him for so long.

I disagree about the fee, though. Siggy's overall value to our club is far more than £35m, but that is his value on the market and we shouldn't be entertaining any offers of less. The bidding starts there or he doesn't get sold. That simple.

Having said that, do I think Jenkins will have that type of mettle? No. But even for him, accepting less than £30m is ridiculous.

We couldn't replace him with three players at £10-12m but that's still a better start than two. And that would be best case scenario, meaning the majority of the money was reinvested. I don't have confidence the club would do that if they make the decision to sell Siggy, unless he demands it.

Simply put, our squad would be far better off keeping him and signing some other quality players to surround him with.

Newbie Jonny Come Lately,

He's going.

Please fack off with him.

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:03 - May 15 with 541 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 20:17 - May 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course you're not obsessed in the slightest are you?
Better things to do? Trolling people who have a objective view on Siggurdsson instead of the blind schoolboy crush youv'e got on him?
Better things to do . Mmmnnnn. Whatever you say...............................................

He keeps banging on about hiding. I'm down there every game and have been all my life really, and always will be.

No one knows this coward mind.... Where are you hiding New kunt?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:12 - May 15 with 519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:03 - May 15 by TheResurrection

He keeps banging on about hiding. I'm down there every game and have been all my life really, and always will be.

He hasn't been away to Scunthorpe in the fourth division when there were 150 of us at a push. These young uns, they don't know the half of it

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 07:22 - May 16 with 456 viewsNirvana

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 23:03 - May 15 by TheResurrection

Yes, of course, that old chestnut.

You're the only true fans, I know.

Why does anyone else even bother showing up?
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 07:49 - May 16 with 436 viewsSwansea93

Was Sigurdsson in the video with the players watching the Palace game? I couldn't see him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 09:57 - May 16 with 407 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 07:49 - May 16 by Swansea93

Was Sigurdsson in the video with the players watching the Palace game? I couldn't see him.

That could be controversial!

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:18 - May 16 with 391 viewsSTID2017

Bryn, Res & Perch, - or as they are otherwise known The Three Stooges.

Our best player by far this season and you three continually refuse to see it,
The best Bryn can cite as evidence of how bad Siggy is is one example of when he tried a flick which didn't come off and led to us conceding a goal.
So, never mind all the goals he has helped to create or has scored for us that have undoubtedly kept us up, let's berate him for the one mistake you can point out.
As for replacing him, apart from the fact that I strongly believe if any players are sold, only a small amount of the money would be reinvested in the squad, even if the money were paid, we'll never get a player who brings so much to the team.
You three are trolls of the biggest order.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 10:19]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:43 - May 16 with 373 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:18 - May 16 by STID2017

Bryn, Res & Perch, - or as they are otherwise known The Three Stooges.

Our best player by far this season and you three continually refuse to see it,
The best Bryn can cite as evidence of how bad Siggy is is one example of when he tried a flick which didn't come off and led to us conceding a goal.
So, never mind all the goals he has helped to create or has scored for us that have undoubtedly kept us up, let's berate him for the one mistake you can point out.
As for replacing him, apart from the fact that I strongly believe if any players are sold, only a small amount of the money would be reinvested in the squad, even if the money were paid, we'll never get a player who brings so much to the team.
You three are trolls of the biggest order.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 10:19]

That was one example! Read my post properly and I praise and criticize him in equal measure. It's called having "a balanced view". As opposed to seeing his farts as fluffy pink clouds. You should try objectivity instead of banal brainless hero worship.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024