Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message to gylfi sigurðsson 14:44 - May 14 with 5878 viewsSwanseaman

It would be better to stay at Swansea, if you went to a bigger club you may end up with less game time, competing with other players to get in the team.

You are a fans favorite here, that won't be guaranteed to happen elsewhere.

the Jack Army are the best supporters and you share Celtic ancestry with us.

Everton is not a better club to go to and not a good move, so cancel that if you are in any talks with them.

Next season could be a really great one here, there are many players who have left us and regretted it (wanted to come back). The grass is not always greener..

[Post edited 14 May 2017 14:47]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 08:53 - May 15 with 761 viewsandrew

I can't believe what I am reading. He's out best player by a long distance! Why people are looking for tiny things to make him sound like we don't need him is beyond me. Someone just said he looked faster in the first season, yet he's covered the most ground this season over any premier league player.

In top 20 goal scorers
Top assists
Been involved in about 50-60% of our goals
The only player capable of taking a decent set piece in our squad

He goes, we will probably get relegated next season.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:01 - May 15 with 725 viewsjack247

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 02:26 - May 15 by nyc_swans

anybody watched any tape recently of siggy from the season with rodgers? he looked a totally different player. quicker, always on the front foot, saw much more of the ball.

he's still in his prime, so i wonder if the player from that season looks different because he had rodgers instructing him, or if he has lost a step or 2. he was much more dynamic back then.

He looked better because he had Danny Graham doing lots of running, dragging defenders out of position and creating gaps. Siggy can be deadly if someone makes that extra half yard and half second for him. We played with more width then, which also created more space.

He also looked great behind Bony, who while not being pacy or running channels, had the unusual skill set of phenomenal strength, close control and vision. He was also able to create the gaps a player like Siggy thrives on, albeit in a totally different way.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:27 - May 15 with 714 viewsLegend83

Arguably you could say Siggy has adapted brilliantly to the move away from a possession-based game, where he had willing runners up front and had more time, space and possession to make things happen, to a more direct-approach with less possession.

His willingness to chase lost causes, pressing energy, organisation, communication - everything required for a lower-possession game. And of course, where the frequency of his assists from open play have understandably suffered as a result, he has stepped up to the plate with the quality of his dead-ball delivery.

IMO the guy is a top-class intelligent footballer who we should be doing everything we can to persuade him to stay.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:52 - May 15 with 700 viewsThewayiseeit

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:27 - May 15 by Legend83

Arguably you could say Siggy has adapted brilliantly to the move away from a possession-based game, where he had willing runners up front and had more time, space and possession to make things happen, to a more direct-approach with less possession.

His willingness to chase lost causes, pressing energy, organisation, communication - everything required for a lower-possession game. And of course, where the frequency of his assists from open play have understandably suffered as a result, he has stepped up to the plate with the quality of his dead-ball delivery.

IMO the guy is a top-class intelligent footballer who we should be doing everything we can to persuade him to stay.

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:54 - May 15 with 698 viewsHumpty

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:27 - May 15 by Legend83

This.

Anyone who thinks we are likely to get a player as good as Gylfi with the Gylfi money is deluded in my opinion.

They must be someone who knows less than somebody else's left bollock has forgotten or something.

Keep Gylfi and LLorente and strengthen a bit in other areas and we'll be fine next year. IMO.

Unfortunately I doubt we will.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:55 - May 15 with 693 viewsDarran

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:54 - May 15 by Humpty

This.

Anyone who thinks we are likely to get a player as good as Gylfi with the Gylfi money is deluded in my opinion.

They must be someone who knows less than somebody else's left bollock has forgotten or something.

Keep Gylfi and LLorente and strengthen a bit in other areas and we'll be fine next year. IMO.

"They must be someone who knows less than somebody else's left bollock has forgotten or something"

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:12 - May 15 with 675 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 10:54 - May 15 by Humpty

This.

You better prepare yourself I think mate. He'll be gone and we'll be better. Bookmark this to your left bollock?

This season:

Gylfi with a dead ball has been lethal

Gylfi from open play has been SHIT.

He's had moments here and there and he's worked hard, all credit for that. But he's had a poor season in open play, and it's as simple as that to anyone who knows the game.

(Caveat: apart from Match of the Day pundits who just watch 5 minute highlights)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:18 - May 15 with 668 viewspencoedjack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:12 - May 15 by TheResurrection

You better prepare yourself I think mate. He'll be gone and we'll be better. Bookmark this to your left bollock?

This season:

He's had moments here and there and he's worked hard, all credit for that. But he's had a poor season in open play, and it's as simple as that to anyone who knows the game.

(Caveat: apart from Match of the Day pundits who just watch 5 minute highlights)

Well the Swansea public seem to agree with the MOTD pundits judging by the player of the season vote

Of course you know far more than the majority of fans and those pundits.
Login to get fewer ads

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:19 - May 15 with 664 viewsTheResurrection

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:18 - May 15 by pencoedjack

Well the Swansea public seem to agree with the MOTD pundits judging by the player of the season vote

Of course you know far more than the majority of fans and those pundits.

Yep, I do...

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:24 - May 15 with 650 viewswaynekerr55

The key thing is if we sell Gylfi, we have to replace with adequate quality. Can our current recruitment team do that?

Jury is still out on that one for me.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:26 - May 15 with 641 viewsHumpty

This season:

I think MOTD pundits watch a bit more than five minutes. I'm pretty sure they watch a lot more. They don't see as much of the Swans as you or I maybe but they see more than 5 mins a game.

Do you accept they know the game? Actual footballers who played at the top level and earned millions for doing it? Because they were good at it and knew what they were doing? You're not suggesting you know more than them? Are you?

My left bollock is pretty confident. My right is convinced as well.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:29 - May 15 with 631 viewsDarran

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:26 - May 15 by Humpty

I think MOTD pundits watch a bit more than five minutes. I'm pretty sure they watch a lot more. They don't see as much of the Swans as you or I maybe but they see more than 5 mins a game.

Do you accept they know the game? Actual footballers who played at the top level and earned millions for doing it? Because they were good at it and knew what they were doing? You're not suggesting you know more than them? Are you?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:31 - May 15 with 626 viewswaynekerr55

Just as one has played the game, does not equate to being a great pundit/coach Mr Humpt...

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:35 - May 15 with 623 viewsHumpty

I like Gylfi. I think he does more than set pieces.

Just my opinion.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:39 - May 15 with 614 viewsHumpty

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:24 - May 15 by waynekerr55

The key thing is if we sell Gylfi, we have to replace with adequate quality. Can our current recruitment team do that?

Jury is still out on that one for me.

No. We f*cking can't.

We could however buy six £5M players.

We have a top quality player. Do everything we can to keep him.

Just my opinion. Obviously. Other people may have different opinions.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:41 - May 15 with 607 viewswaynekerr55

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:39 - May 15 by Humpty

No. We f*cking can't.

We could however buy six £5M players.

We have a top quality player. Do everything we can to keep him.

Just my opinion. Obviously. Other people may have different opinions.

I'm definitely in the keep category, however if Everton offer him an extra 40k a week he'll be off.

Your second line is what concerns me.

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:44 - May 15 with 601 viewsLegend83

This season:

Gylfi without the ball in open play: superb.

2 out of 3 was enough to almost single-handedly keep us up.

I can't disagree he hasn't been at his best with ball at feet in open play, but then 75% of the season the whole team has been poor, not forgetting the times we completely by-passed him with VdH to Llorente specials or played him out of position as a make-shift "left-midfielder".

Past factual evidence shows us he can be excellent in open-play (the Olsson goal a classic example) so hopefully with Clement able to open the sails a bit rather than keeping it tight to stave off relegation, we might see the return of the creative Siggy.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:54 - May 15 with 593 viewsmonmouth

I love this thread.

I think, on body language he has made his own choice. Clement may try and connvince him otherwise I guess, but he is at the top of his hype curve at the moment.

Sacrilege I know, but I think De Guzman was as good, and a better fit for us in the style of 2013. Gylfi was a better fit last year. So all depends on the playing style Clement has in mind, particularly in terms of the pace in the team.

For him, I think he's better off here, being lauded and having his weaknesses totally ignored. Won't happen at Everton, where he will be constantly unfavourably compared with the golden local prodigal son.

Whatever, if we do sell, we need top dollar from this one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:57 - May 15 with 585 viewsHumpty

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:54 - May 15 by monmouth

I love this thread.

I think, on body language he has made his own choice. Clement may try and connvince him otherwise I guess, but he is at the top of his hype curve at the moment.

Sacrilege I know, but I think De Guzman was as good, and a better fit for us in the style of 2013. Gylfi was a better fit last year. So all depends on the playing style Clement has in mind, particularly in terms of the pace in the team.

For him, I think he's better off here, being lauded and having his weaknesses totally ignored. Won't happen at Everton, where he will be constantly unfavourably compared with the golden local prodigal son.

Indeed. £25M? F*ck off.

Worse players go for that.
Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 12:00 - May 15 with 583 viewsperchrockjack

I d love this guy to stay but I ll leave it to Clem....not Jenkins though

He goes only if we get a Stella player

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:08 - May 15 with 531 viewsNeath_Jack

More than 5 minutes maybe, anywhere near a whole game? Not a chance. They will be given selected highlights i reckon and that's about it.

And as for pundits knowing the game, this is another funny Planet Swans thing, if they say something favourable about our team or players, then they are brilliant and know their stuff. If they say something bad about us or a particular player, then generally the consensus will be that they know f*ck all about us and never watch us.

So to summarise, i'd have more faith in what the Res says, and most of our fans, over some ex-professional who sees very little of us.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:10 - May 15 with 528 viewsNeath_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 11:54 - May 15 by monmouth

I love this thread.

I find myself nodding in agreement with most of this.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:46 - May 15 with 490 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 07:52 - May 15 by STID2017

When Gylfi goes, it'll be a long time before we see a player with his class and finesse in a Swans shirt again
Clowns like you will never see it though.
The last two seasons his input has made a massive difference between us staying up and going down.
We have grafters in the team (Carroll, Fer) - he brings that bit extra
However, if you have your way we'll sell him
Can't make it up

There won't be any say to be had in the situation. He wil be hunted by the likes of Everton and sold.

He has class I'll agree and some finesse* but his performances this season have been punctated with a lot of lazy flicks (at least one which he lost the ball on the edge of our penalty area conceding a go al after hich he waved his arms about like someone else was to blame). It's instances like that which lessen his overall contribution in mine and other's eyes. Some great stuff, some not so great.

He does not (and never really did) dominate games for us (a notable exception was his performance at Fulham away unfder Rodgers which was top class). I f he could do what Leon has done in the last four matches and take games by the scruff of the neck and influence them at will. Easier at CDM maybe? Possibly but he just doesn't sem that kind of a player.

Spurs signed him and let him go when he had ample opportunity to impress at a top 6 club. Unfortunately he hasn't got the consistency , pace or physical power to make himself effective in that kind of highly demanding environment.

True, his input has been vitally important in helping keep us in this division over the last two seasons. But that says as much about the deficencies in the rest of the side as much as his abilities.

I hope that was a decent enough explanation .

*P.S. For true finesse the one player that stands out head and shoulders for me was Michu.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 13:53]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:54 - May 15 with 478 viewsTheResurrection

I accept they know the game. I deny they know the Swans, next to nothing actually. And this is proved week in week out with their bland, stating the obvious wheeled out sound bites. They will be given a bunch of stats by their researchers and they'll be tasked with finding something that Siggy or Llorente has done and that's it.

The day they say anything remotely interesting which proves they fully understand us I'll start to give them credit.

This forum is full of Match of the Day type zombies.

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:54 - May 15 with 478 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Message to gylfi sigurðsson on 13:10 - May 15 by Neath_Jack

I find myself nodding in agreement with most of this.

And me too. Excellent objective posting Monny

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024