Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The terrorist threat in the UK 18:06 - May 28 with 11007 viewsrock1n

Anyone reading the S.Times today will be a little perturbed to say the least but anyone with any understanding of anything will hardly be surprised.

We are talking 10's of thousands of people.

.... 10's of thousands.

Douglas Murray is the only sensible coherent voice out there at the moment, we are in big trouble.

I'll have to buy this.

I really don't know what we can do though, many are British citizens. It's a legacy of rank stupidity especially during the Blair years.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:49 - May 29 with 1481 viewslondonlisa2001

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:46 - May 29 by Darran

Yes a GP I was reading about him earlier.

It's interesting how quickly the influence of the church in Ireland has given way to what seems a very modern, tolerant, open society.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:49 - May 29 with 1481 viewsblueytheblue

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:38 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Ah yes. The 'all Moslems are fundamentalists and believe in all this stuff' argument.

I know a couple of gay Moslems - I'll have to let them know.

Who said "all Muslims", Lisa? I'm on about the extremists.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:56 - May 29 with 1471 viewslondonlisa2001

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:49 - May 29 by blueytheblue

Who said "all Muslims", Lisa? I'm on about the extremists.

Owen Jones doesn't cow to the attitude of Islamic extremists towards gay people though does he.

He just doesn't assume that ordinary Moslems hold the same views.

And I can't bear Owen Jones by the way.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:56 - May 29 with 1471 viewsLohengrin

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:49 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

It's interesting how quickly the influence of the church in Ireland has given way to what seems a very modern, tolerant, open society.

The child abuse scandal drove a stake straight through the black papal heart in the south of Ireland. Their brain-washing days are done.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:26 - May 29 with 1423 viewsdailew

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:19 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

What the hell has them being gay got to do with anything?

Or is that another homogenous group that should all think and act the same?

Being gay would surely color your view on the rapid increase in a violent homophobic ideology.

Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country and held by some as an example of moderate Islam, recently publically flogged some gay.

UK set to be a Muslim majority country within a couple of generations, if immigration policy doesn't change.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:31 - May 29 with 1417 viewsexiledclaseboy

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:26 - May 29 by dailew

Being gay would surely color your view on the rapid increase in a violent homophobic ideology.

Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim country and held by some as an example of moderate Islam, recently publically flogged some gay.

UK set to be a Muslim majority country within a couple of generations, if immigration policy doesn't change.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-will-britain-have-a-muslim-maj

I'm sure you'll have one to counter this but alternative takes on often espoused "facts" are healthy I'm sure you'll agree.

Poll: Tory leader

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:33 - May 29 with 1415 viewslondonlisa2001

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:26 - May 29 by dailew

I imagine neither Owen Jones nor Douglas Murray would agree with the views held by Moslem fundamentalists on homosexuality. Neither would any right minded people.

I also imagine they don't agree with the views of the Westboro Church on homosexuality. Nor of the treatment of homosexuals in Uganda. Or Russia. Its illegality in much of the Caribbean. Nor of the Texan Christian republican that celebrated the terrorist attack on the Pulse nightclub.

I also think they can separate those views from those held by other Christians. And those of us from a Christian tradition. A tradition which itself is a homophobic ideology.

And no, it's not.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:36 - May 29 with 1372 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:38 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Ah yes. The 'all Moslems are fundamentalists and believe in all this stuff' argument.

I know a couple of gay Moslems - I'll have to let them know.

A 2007 survey of British Muslims showed that 61% believe homosexuality should be illegal, with up to 71% of young British Muslims holding this belief.

A later Gallup poll in 2009 showed that none of the 500 British Muslims polled believed homosexuality to be "morally acceptable".

In a 2016 ICM poll of 1,081 British Muslims, 52% of those polled disagreed with the statement ‘Homosexuality should be legal in Britain’ compared with 11% of the control group; 18% agreed compared with 73% of the control group. In the same poll, 56% of British Muslims polled disagreed with the statement ‘Gay marriage should be legal in Britain’ compared with 20% of the control group and 47% disagreed with the statement ‘It is acceptable for a homosexual person to be a teacher in a school’ compared with 14% of the control group.
Login to get fewer ads

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:40 - May 29 with 1355 viewsDarran

I had a cracking chat with a Muslim about Ramadan yesterday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:44 - May 29 with 1350 viewsLoyal

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:40 - May 29 by Darran

Decent player ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:46 - May 29 with 1341 viewsLohengrin

I can just see you going without food from sun-up to sun-down and all.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:47 - May 29 with 1332 viewsDarran

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:46 - May 29 by Lohengrin

I can just see you going without food from sun-up to sun-down and all.

No chance.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:34 - May 29 with 1307 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:36 - May 29 by Nirvana

A 2007 survey of British Muslims showed that 61% believe homosexuality should be illegal, with up to 71% of young British Muslims holding this belief.

A later Gallup poll in 2009 showed that none of the 500 British Muslims polled believed homosexuality to be "morally acceptable".

In a 2016 ICM poll of 1,081 British Muslims, 52% of those polled disagreed with the statement ‘Homosexuality should be legal in Britain’ compared with 11% of the control group; 18% agreed compared with 73% of the control group. In the same poll, 56% of British Muslims polled disagreed with the statement ‘Gay marriage should be legal in Britain’ compared with 20% of the control group and 47% disagreed with the statement ‘It is acceptable for a homosexual person to be a teacher in a school’ compared with 14% of the control group.

Do you have a response to this, Lisa?
The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:42 - May 29 with 1297 viewsdailew

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:33 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

I imagine neither Owen Jones nor Douglas Murray would agree with the views held by Moslem fundamentalists on homosexuality. Neither would any right minded people.

I also imagine they don't agree with the views of the Westboro Church on homosexuality. Nor of the treatment of homosexuals in Uganda. Or Russia. Its illegality in much of the Caribbean. Nor of the Texan Christian republican that celebrated the terrorist attack on the Pulse nightclub.

I also think they can separate those views from those held by other Christians. And those of us from a Christian tradition. A tradition which itself is a homophobic ideology.

And no, it's not.

Isn't the Westboro Church just one family? In a country of 325m.

Homophobia is a much much bigger problem amongst Muslims as Nirvana has highlighted.

As for your other point.

2.8m Muslims in the UK in 2011. 4.4%

Their nos have increased by 75% in both the last 2 censuses. You do the math.

Currently around 12% of kids are born to Muslim parents. With zero immigration this and the proportion in the general population might peak at around 20%.

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:45 - May 29 with 1287 viewsperchrockjack

Ive not read it but I've no doubt the good ol Quran has summat to say about it. Probably, like the bible suggesting a nasty end

Not religious ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:49 - May 29 with 1278 viewsdailew

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:36 - May 29 by Nirvana

But homophobia is confined to fundamentalists, apparently.

Fück me - 50 - 70 % of UK muslims must be fundamentalists.

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:50 - May 29 with 1274 viewsNeath_Jack

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:34 - May 29 by Nirvana

Hi Dav.

Why would Lisa respond to you under your new guise, when you wouldn't reply to her under your last one.

You've gone after Res, now you're going after Lisa, who used to tuck you up all shapes.

Love you x

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:50 - May 29 with 1271 viewsFlashberryjack

Did you do it over lunch ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:56 - May 29 with 1256 viewsperchrockjack

When I have lunch with friends now, I keep receipts for future reference

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:59 - May 29 with 1240 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:42 - May 29 by dailew

Isn't the Westboro Church just one family? In a country of 325m.

Homophobia is a much much bigger problem amongst Muslims as Nirvana has highlighted.

As for your other point.

2.8m Muslims in the UK in 2011. 4.4%

Their nos have increased by 75% in both the last 2 censuses. You do the math.

Currently around 12% of kids are born to Muslim parents. With zero immigration this and the proportion in the general population might peak at around 20%.

I think it's 40-50 members but yes, same point made.

The scale is NOWHERE FFUKKINGG CLOSE to Islam. Quite possibly the biggest false equivalency that could be made.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:00 - May 29 with 1239 viewslondonlisa2001

What blood do I have on my hands?

I'm not remotely scared to say howI feel. But howling in rage against everything won't achieve anything will it.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:05 - May 29 with 1222 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:49 - May 29 by dailew

But homophobia is confined to fundamentalists, apparently.

Fück me - 50 - 70 % of UK muslims must be fundamentalists.

It's quite shocking, 'innit'?

And some people still defend this sshitt.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:08 - May 29 with 1210 viewslondonlisa2001

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:34 - May 29 by Nirvana

Sorry, what response do you want me to have?

Islam has an appalling attitude towards gay people. As it does to women. As it does to many, many other things. So do other religions. Hopefully this will change. UK society at large, as it becomes more secular has moved away from believing in this shit. Religious leaders as a whole have not. I hope that as the Moslem population becomes more secular they will also move away from it. This is less likely to happen in areas where Moslems are less 'mixed' into the rest of our society and are less metropolitan in outlook.

That would also be the case of other sections of our society. As an example, the stuff routinely said on here about gay people would be largely unacceptable in London in my experience.

For the avoidance of any doubt. Any discrimination whatsoever against gay people is utterly abhorrent. I don't think anyone would be surprised to read me saying that as I've said it over and over again.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:08 - May 29 with 1210 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:00 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

What blood do I have on my hands?

I'm not remotely scared to say howI feel. But howling in rage against everything won't achieve anything will it.

(edit: thanks Lisa)
[Post edited 29 May 2017 17:14]
The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:12 - May 29 with 1220 viewsdailew

The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:08 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Sorry, what response do you want me to have?

Islam has an appalling attitude towards gay people. As it does to women. As it does to many, many other things. So do other religions. Hopefully this will change. UK society at large, as it becomes more secular has moved away from believing in this shit. Religious leaders as a whole have not. I hope that as the Moslem population becomes more secular they will also move away from it. This is less likely to happen in areas where Moslems are less 'mixed' into the rest of our society and are less metropolitan in outlook.

That would also be the case of other sections of our society. As an example, the stuff routinely said on here about gay people would be largely unacceptable in London in my experience.

For the avoidance of any doubt. Any discrimination whatsoever against gay people is utterly abhorrent. I don't think anyone would be surprised to read me saying that as I've said it over and over again.

But the Uk is no longer becoming more secular.

Wasn't there a survey the other week where it was now 51% religious?

With inner London leading the way at 69%.

Wonder what's driving that?

Hoxton hipsters turning to God perhaps. Or maybe someting else?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024