Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The terrorist threat in the UK 18:06 - May 28 with 11005 viewsrock1n

Anyone reading the S.Times today will be a little perturbed to say the least but anyone with any understanding of anything will hardly be surprised.

We are talking 10's of thousands of people.

.... 10's of thousands.

Douglas Murray is the only sensible coherent voice out there at the moment, we are in big trouble.

I'll have to buy this.

I really don't know what we can do though, many are British citizens. It's a legacy of rank stupidity especially during the Blair years.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:44 - May 29 with 2248 viewsEbo

The terrorist threat in the UK on 11:15 - May 29 by Darran

My eyes glazed over 30 seconds into listening to his nauseous, whining voice.

What an utterly boring man.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:48 - May 29 with 2235 viewsDarran

The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:44 - May 29 by Ebo

My eyes glazed over 30 seconds into listening to his nauseous, whining voice.

What an utterly boring man.

Well you'd certainly know boring John that's for sure.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:48 - May 29 with 2239 viewsLeonWasGod

The terrorist threat in the UK on 18:15 - May 29 by Nirvana

And, cue the hysterics. Last post on this as you continue to evade the content of my posts to suit your agenda.

I did not say anyone was Westernized. I said Westerners. Meaning they were born in the West and have only known that way of life. And I also said immigrants, meaning people not from the West who immigrate there. Simple stuff really.

(edit: And I only know Muslims who have successfully assimilated into Western culture. There are far more who do not. Their views are more controversial than the ones I know, for sure.)

No, all MUSLIMS do not universally agree with every single thing as everyone else. But they are far more uniform in thought and action than other religions, and those are the facts. Again, look it up when you have the time. Like right now.

And the things they think and act on are far more controversial and "abhorrent" than other religions, it's not even close. Name another religion that has entire armies willing to fight and die for it. You can't, because there aren't any.

I'd suggest you take a trip to Bangladesh or Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. It would be a crime for you to walk around without a burka, to drive a car, to be in public without your male guardian, and ffukkingg so much more that I'll let you look up.

Enjoy your evening, Lisa, I hope the weather is lovely in London.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 18:24]

I've spent a fair bit of time in Pakistan. Lovely country, but that's an aside. I'm not recognising a lot of your stereotypes. Not to say they haven't got huge problems, but the extreme elements are hated as much as they are here. There was certainly no love for the Taliban when I've been there (and no sign of them either). Most people I've met and worked with have been more interested in watching the cricket than stoning infidels.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:57 - May 29 with 2225 viewsEbo

The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:48 - May 29 by Darran

Well you'd certainly know boring John that's for sure.

He offers nothing that has already been said. He offers no solution either so his book is pretty pointless.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 00:43 - May 31 with 2130 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 23:48 - May 29 by LeonWasGod

I've spent a fair bit of time in Pakistan. Lovely country, but that's an aside. I'm not recognising a lot of your stereotypes. Not to say they haven't got huge problems, but the extreme elements are hated as much as they are here. There was certainly no love for the Taliban when I've been there (and no sign of them either). Most people I've met and worked with have been more interested in watching the cricket than stoning infidels.

I appreciate your input, Leon, and the very personal nature of it. Pakistan is a beautiful country, no doubt about that (edit: it's also a ffukkingg hellhole) and you've got some balls if you've explored a great deal of it recently. Kudos to you, genuinely.

But I'm not quite sure what you meant by "stereotypes". The things I mentioned are codified under Sharia law, which two-thirds of Pakistanis believe the country should be ruled under, and this is far from a new trend. 81% also believe they should have complete control of who their daughters' marry:

http://gallup.com.pk/2-in-3-pakistanis-opine-that-sharia-should-be-the-only-law-

http://gallup.com.pk/perceptions-of-pakistanis-on-sharia-law-compilation-of-poll

http://gallup.com.pk/dominant-majority-of-pakistanis-81-believe-that-parents-cho

And here are some links describing the sham of a life women face under Sharia law, if you don't already know:

http://m.huffingtonpost.in/deeba-abedi/as-long-as-there-is-sharia-law-women-will

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2016/06/28/Britain-probes-Sharia-courts-t

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/286138-the-muslim-war-on-wo

I would imagine you have only worked with people who have very favorable opinions of Westerners, as they wouldn't have worked with you otherwise. And Westerners bring money, something they are very aware of that influences their behavior around you greatly. They more than likely withheld their more controversial views from you, such as the ones above. You are also a man (I assume) and it is a completely different experience being a woman there, especially one from the West, which is what I was referring to initially to Lisa.

I am not discounting your experiences at all, just saying they aren't exactly representative of the population at-large.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 0:49]
The terrorist threat in the UK on 00:59 - May 31 with 2111 viewsGroo

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/may/12/theobserver

How's that for justice for women, Islamic style.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/pakistan/pak-woman-who-alleged-rape-sen

[Post edited 31 May 2017 1:01]

Groo does what Groo does best

The terrorist threat in the UK on 01:15 - May 31 with 2096 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 00:59 - May 31 by Groo

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/pakistan/pak-woman-who-alleged-rape-sen

What on earth are you talking about, Groo?

Posting links and such that show the barbarism of some of these countries? That's out of line, clearly. I'm sure the men involved love their cricket, though.

In all seriousness, this sshitt is well beyond ffukkedd up and should be condemned by EVERYONE with a heart and a brain. How some can continue to defend this is honestly astonishing.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 01:19 - May 31 with 2092 viewsLord_Bony

The terrorist threat in the UK on 00:59 - May 31 by Groo

Shocking.

Over 100 Sharia courts now operating in the UK and rising.

Defended by Mrs May. These courts do not give proper justice to women.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/688662/Theresa-May-Sharia-Law-inquiry-Prime-Min

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

The terrorist threat in the UK on 03:02 - May 31 with 2059 viewsGroo

The terrorist threat in the UK on 01:15 - May 31 by Nirvana

What on earth are you talking about, Groo?

Posting links and such that show the barbarism of some of these countries? That's out of line, clearly. I'm sure the men involved love their cricket, though.

In all seriousness, this sshitt is well beyond ffukkedd up and should be condemned by EVERYONE with a heart and a brain. How some can continue to defend this is honestly astonishing.

It's an example of how extreme they can be, you read all the time of women being blamed for attacks on them.

The cultural difference is massive, the way we think is different. The courts in those links are not legal, but people go to them and adhere to their judgement, just the same as they do in the West.

I doubt any such court in the UK would be so extreme in their judgement, of course they wouldn't, but the mindset is the same. The Muslim communities in the UK are very close knit and people are encouraged to use the Sharia courts, and abide with their rulings which would rarely be the best option for a woman. Many believe in enforced marriage and some so-called honour killing where they kill their own children for wanting the freedom to chose their own future.

Over time future generations could change and blend in more but there has been immigration for 2 or 3 generations and it hasn't happened yet.

To many allowed in is just overload, especially while some actually hate the West and as soon as they arrive start trying to change it into the Country they just left. And some as we know search out young disenchanted people to turn into walking bombs to attack the Country that took them in.

The fact is the cultural difference is huge.

The terrorist threat in the UK on 05:54 - May 31 with 2035 viewsLoyal

The terrorist threat in the UK on 01:19 - May 31 by Lord_Bony

Shocking.

Over 100 Sharia courts now operating in the UK and rising.

Defended by Mrs May. These courts do not give proper justice to women.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/688662/Theresa-May-Sharia-Law-inquiry-Prime-Min

It's ok Corbyn will limit it to fifty or so. Good bloke is Corbyn. Likes Guinness.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The terrorist threat in the UK on 09:00 - May 31 with 1997 viewsperchrockjack

Jez referred to the " wonderful faith of Islam" .

For a man who believes in peace,love,freedom how does he equate arranged marriages which are still the norm in Bradford,Blackburn ,Oldham and Burnley for Pakistani girls.

Marriage is seen as joining families together for mutual benefit

Girls have been butchered for Disagreeing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:03 - May 31 with 1946 viewsGroo

The terrorist threat in the UK on 09:00 - May 31 by perchrockjack

Jez referred to the " wonderful faith of Islam" .

For a man who believes in peace,love,freedom how does he equate arranged marriages which are still the norm in Bradford,Blackburn ,Oldham and Burnley for Pakistani girls.

Marriage is seen as joining families together for mutual benefit

Girls have been butchered for Disagreeing

To be honest, I have no problems with arranged marriages, some people prefer this to the hassle of the dating game.

Its forced arrange marriage against the will of one (usually the woman), usually to a member of the family (cousin etc) and if they refuse can lead to the so called honour killing. They are either forced or coerced into the marriage.

The forced weddings are often used as a means to get family members into the Country as well.

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:21 - May 31 with 1922 viewssherpajacob

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:03 - May 31 by Groo

To be honest, I have no problems with arranged marriages, some people prefer this to the hassle of the dating game.

Its forced arrange marriage against the will of one (usually the woman), usually to a member of the family (cousin etc) and if they refuse can lead to the so called honour killing. They are either forced or coerced into the marriage.

The forced weddings are often used as a means to get family members into the Country as well.

My marriage was all arranged by my wife and mother in law, I had very little say in the matter, other than the choice of one hymn.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:29 - May 31 with 1910 viewslondonlisa2001

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:21 - May 31 by sherpajacob

My marriage was all arranged by my wife and mother in law, I had very little say in the matter, other than the choice of one hymn.

Never heard of Englebert Humperdinck singing 'Please Release Me, Let Me Go' being described as a hymn before Sherpa ;-)
The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:41 - May 31 with 1886 viewsswanjackal

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:21 - May 31 by sherpajacob

Was the first dance ...

"I fought the (in)laws, and the (in)laws won"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:44 - May 31 with 1879 viewssherpajacob

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:29 - May 31 by londonlisa2001

Never heard of Englebert Humperdinck singing 'Please Release Me, Let Me Go' being described as a hymn before Sherpa ;-)

had to be something by my favourite band

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:44 - May 31 with 1877 viewsYossarian

The terrorist threat in the UK on 18:47 - May 28 by jack2jack

Was watching the TV this morning and two or three times it was mentioned that there are as many as 23000 on the authorities radar in the UK alone,that is a pretty eye watering statistic.

To the OP- Fortunately many were rubbed out in Afghanistan- lots of football tattoos on dead Taliban out there- Aston Villa was a particular favourite- It might explain where all their fans went- nothing to do with being shit and relegated. It's not a particularly well kept secret.
However lots of mums and dads want their kids to come home and have us all put it down to the impetuosity of youth. I would rather see them tried for treason- after all they were raising weapons against soldiers from the country they hate- but that gave them free education, food and clean water, healthcare and relative safety.
There are thousands back here who the authorities never even knew went. They're used to walking past dead bodies on their way to the shops/ water tap and it's about time people really grew up and got real. There is a good chance that our streets will be a war zone for our children and grand children. Not that I'm bitter and cynical or anything.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:55 - May 31 with 1864 viewslondonlisa2001

The terrorist threat in the UK on 14:44 - May 31 by sherpajacob

had to be something by my favourite band

Your marriage would have been a short one if you'd chosen 'Fat Bottomed Girls', however much they make your rocking world go round...
[Post edited 31 May 2017 14:56]
The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:25 - May 31 with 1844 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I read yesterday that France special forces are supplying Iraqi soldiers with pictures and information on French citizens known to be fighting for Isis to help hunt them down and kill them, preventing them from returning to France.

That seems like a good place to start. Once they leave and we have proof they have left to fight or align themselves with a terrorist organisation that wants to harm the U.K and its people, they should never be allowed back. Instead we meet them at the airport, interview them and hope we have some evidence of any crimes they committed abroad. Many walk away free, back on to our streets. It is ridiculous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:35 - May 31 with 1807 viewsrock1n

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:25 - May 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I read yesterday that France special forces are supplying Iraqi soldiers with pictures and information on French citizens known to be fighting for Isis to help hunt them down and kill them, preventing them from returning to France.

That seems like a good place to start. Once they leave and we have proof they have left to fight or align themselves with a terrorist organisation that wants to harm the U.K and its people, they should never be allowed back. Instead we meet them at the airport, interview them and hope we have some evidence of any crimes they committed abroad. Many walk away free, back on to our streets. It is ridiculous.

Absolutely, in fact we should unleash bounty hunters.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:38 - May 31 with 1804 viewsperchrockjack

Wonderful faith according to jez

Wonderful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The terrorist threat in the UK on 17:43 - May 31 with 1800 viewsYossarian

The terrorist threat in the UK on 15:25 - May 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The arsehole who murdered innocent people inManchester had been off waging Libyan Jihad in the school holidays, been to his terrorist classes in Syria and Germany and no one was any the wiser. Meet them at the airport? Uh, there are thousands who have been or are still out there and who we don't know anything about. We don't actually have a clue who is actually in the country. Ask any copper or Immigration Officer (if there are any left) and they will tell you it's been like that for 30 years. It's a mess and cowardly politicians of all colours have failed to act and hidden the truth from the public. They know the chickens will come home to roost but hope it happens long after they disappear. Rant over.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The terrorist threat in the UK on 20:19 - May 31 with 1753 viewsDavillin

The terrorist threat in the UK on 16:50 - May 29 by Neath_Jack

Hi Dav.

Why would Lisa respond to you under your new guise, when you wouldn't reply to her under your last one.

You've gone after Res, now you're going after Lisa, who used to tuck you up all shapes.

Love you x

Neath_Jack:

"Nirvana" is not me. But if it gives you some kind of joy, you go on believing it. I don't care one way or another — except that he and I find it amusing.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The terrorist threat in the UK on 20:37 - May 31 with 1732 viewsNirvana

The terrorist threat in the UK on 20:19 - May 31 by Davillin

Neath_Jack:

"Nirvana" is not me. But if it gives you some kind of joy, you go on believing it. I don't care one way or another — except that he and I find it amusing.

Absolutely, Davillin.

It's clear he's got nothing of substance to say about most subjects, particularly when you or I are involved, and he has to resort to stupid bbullsshitt in order to sidetrack the conversation.

Of course, if he truly wanted an answer he could PM the mods or address them in a post. But he doesn't, because he can't keep up intellectually and the "Hi Dav/Love You" shtick is his go-to 'Trump' card.

What would he do without it?

At this point, I just scroll past the clown's posts. Just a waste of time otherwise.
The terrorist threat in the UK on 18:40 - Jun 1 with 1633 viewsFlashberryjack

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I set up a duel username on this site ?

It would be lovely to have someone that agreed with me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024