Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car ploughs into people leaving mosque 02:04 - Jun 19 with 9609 viewsdailew

In Finsbury Park.

Several injured. Thankfully no fatalities so far.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:47 - Jun 19 with 1732 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 18:57 - Jun 19 by Lord_Bony

Just as I feared.

South Wales is very active with far right race hate organisations especially in the valleys...the KKK is very much alive bizarrely.

It's easy to see how people can become brainwashed and whipped up into a frenzy hanging out with this lot in these troubled times.

Let's hope it doesn't reflect too badly on us. Race and religious hate crimes have risen 41% since Brexit.

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/national/14799806.Race_or_religious_hate_c

This post has been edited by an administrator

As far as I can see it doesn't reflect on "us" any more than the Manchester and London incidents reflect on the average Mohammed in the street.

Poll: Tory leader

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:52 - Jun 19 with 1712 viewssherpajacob

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 18:02 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Radicalized by the sun and the daily mail

and wales online?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:52 - Jun 19 with 1708 viewswaynekerr55

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:41 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Some people have way too much time on their hands. That's pathetic.

It does highlight how media savvy the modern politicians have to be. As much as I detest her views some of the stick she took on that thread was way OTT.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:53 - Jun 19 with 1702 viewsexiledclaseboy

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:52 - Jun 19 by waynekerr55

It does highlight how media savvy the modern politicians have to be. As much as I detest her views some of the stick she took on that thread was way OTT.

I have read it but I can imagine.

Poll: Tory leader

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:56 - Jun 19 with 1689 viewsyescomeon

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 18:37 - Jun 19 by swanjackal

I think you are on solid ground saying someone has some mental issues when they intentionally plough a vehicle through a group of bystanders.

Sounds obvious when you put it like that, with that taken as a given it wasn't entirely what I was getting at. The way I see it (purely speculatively at this point of course) is very much like a mass shooting. This guy was probably suicidal, and has had his head filled with right wing propaganda. He's seen the two terror attacks in London recently, seen the suspects have been shot dead by police and thought he would do the same only targeting Muslims. Have him self put out of his misery. If that is the case, I hope he lives a long life entirely behind bars.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:22]

Upthecity!

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:00 - Jun 19 with 1677 viewsWingstandwood

Maybe I guess this guy will be no different from Muslim terrorists whom have done similar? Usually its drink problems, drug problems, petty crime problems, marital problems, broken home n' family problems, petty crime problems, serious self esteem issues etc, etc, etc.

Most of these people never seem to have acquired a state of personal happiness incorporating tranquility and peace of mind. Pent up frustrations, bitterness and anger directed at the rest of society.

Argus!

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:09 - Jun 19 with 1629 viewsswanjackal

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:56 - Jun 19 by yescomeon

Sounds obvious when you put it like that, with that taken as a given it wasn't entirely what I was getting at. The way I see it (purely speculatively at this point of course) is very much like a mass shooting. This guy was probably suicidal, and has had his head filled with right wing propaganda. He's seen the two terror attacks in London recently, seen the suspects have been shot dead by police and thought he would do the same only targeting Muslims. Have him self put out of his misery. If that is the case, I hope he lives a long life entirely behind bars.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:22]

I agree, it is very much like a mass shooting. I also agree that he possibly was radicalised by events happening and media rhetoric too. I would imagine him using tactics outlined by Islamic extremists would have been a reason behind his choice of carnage, a kind of turn it back around on those he perceives to be a problem as some kind of statement of sort.

It's mental, I just hope it does not spark others into further violence, on either side of the extremist divide.

Edit:. Not sure I have said I was interested in mass shootings. I am interested in stories in political violence though.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 20:21]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:12 - Jun 19 with 1607 viewsLeonWasGod

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 18:39 - Jun 19 by Ebo

This is the guy
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/19/finsbury-park-attack-suspect-nam

South Wales NF calling it a "revenge attack".

Sounds like a weirdo who was going to go t1ts up one way or the other. I know our strong and stable leader was keen to label this as terrorism, but I'd put it down more to him being an aggressive f*ckwit. I'd be surprised if he had a history of fighting political/idiological causes.
Login to get fewer ads

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:20 - Jun 19 with 1573 viewslondonlisa2001

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:12 - Jun 19 by LeonWasGod

Sounds like a weirdo who was going to go t1ts up one way or the other. I know our strong and stable leader was keen to label this as terrorism, but I'd put it down more to him being an aggressive f*ckwit. I'd be surprised if he had a history of fighting political/idiological causes.

In much the same way as the Westminter Bridge terrorist then.

It's quite obviously a terrorist attack.

It's quite obviously been done by the same sort of mentally ill, deluded monster that does the others. It's quite obviously being seen as a triumph by similarly deluded monsters in the same way as happens in other terrorist attacks. The only thing that's different as far as I can see, is we have no posters making silly statements about other white men who live in Wales needing to march against it, or saying that he, his family, and friends, should be deported or all locked up for life because they 'should have known and reported him'.

Thank God he didn't kill more people, and thank God for the actions of the Imam and others who kept him there until the police arrived.
Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:23 - Jun 19 with 1556 viewsyescomeon

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:09 - Jun 19 by swanjackal

I agree, it is very much like a mass shooting. I also agree that he possibly was radicalised by events happening and media rhetoric too. I would imagine him using tactics outlined by Islamic extremists would have been a reason behind his choice of carnage, a kind of turn it back around on those he perceives to be a problem as some kind of statement of sort.

It's mental, I just hope it does not spark others into further violence, on either side of the extremist divide.

Edit:. Not sure I have said I was interested in mass shootings. I am interested in stories in political violence though.

Sorry mate, poor choice of words, I've edited out.

Upthecity!

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:26 - Jun 19 with 1546 viewsswanjackal

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:23 - Jun 19 by yescomeon

Sorry mate, poor choice of words, I've edited out.

Haha don't worry, I wasn't in any way offended, just clearing up wording as not keen on a "knock on the door" for something I hadn't said..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:30 - Jun 19 with 1526 viewsEbo

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 15:13 - Jun 19 by Darran

Making fun of blind people eh?

I've heard far worse coming from you Dazbag. Actually that was a sketch from a US show which Stevie was on, and yes he found it funny.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:32 - Jun 19 with 1516 viewsEbo

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 16:10 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

It's a corruption of a middle eastern text Loh

It's how people interpret the text though. If you followed it to the letter I guess you would not be a nice person to be around.

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:32 - Jun 19 with 1512 viewsDarran

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:30 - Jun 19 by Ebo

I've heard far worse coming from you Dazbag. Actually that was a sketch from a US show which Stevie was on, and yes he found it funny.

I don't disagree with you John but I'm not pretending to be king of the liberal lefties.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:35 - Jun 19 with 1506 viewsEbo

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 19:41 - Jun 19 by exiledclaseboy

Some people have way too much time on their hands. That's pathetic.

There used to be a poster on the old JA.net site who like to get his red marker out.

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:37 - Jun 19 with 1500 viewsEbo

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:32 - Jun 19 by Darran

I don't disagree with you John but I'm not pretending to be king of the liberal lefties.

Neither am I. I don't know why you give me that label. I certainly have not attached it myself, I'm far from being an uber liberal.

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:47 - Jun 19 with 1470 viewsDarran

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:37 - Jun 19 by Ebo

Neither am I. I don't know why you give me that label. I certainly have not attached it myself, I'm far from being an uber liberal.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 23:06 - Jun 19 with 1333 viewsKilkennyjack

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 15:13 - Jun 19 by Lohengrin

The KIng James Bible has provided the inspiration, the thematic underpinning for almost every notable work of art or literature in the English language since 1611. It has inspired defiance of tyranny and given wings to aspiration. It has shaped Europe and given birth to the new world. It has made us who and what we are.

That's all rather more than can be said for Trotsky's Lessons of October,Ebs.

Interesting the Europe comment.

The Brexit feckwits have just surrendered Europe to the Franco-German alliance.
Well done frightened older people.

Beware of the Risen People

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 23:15 - Jun 19 with 1317 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

In my opinion, this was a terrorist attack. It differs from the recent London Bridge attack as this one wasn't motivated by passages in a religious holy book.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 23:28 - Jun 19 with 1299 viewsAquinas

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 23:15 - Jun 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

In my opinion, this was a terrorist attack. It differs from the recent London Bridge attack as this one wasn't motivated by passages in a religious holy book.

I agree.

Clearly a nutter trying to spread terror within a particular community. However, his attack was based on the misguided belief that all muslims are to blame for what the minority do. Whereas Islamic attacks are based on interpretation of the quaran and the preaching of Imams.

Both types of people believe that their attacks would mean they are revered for their actions but they end up reviled by the majority.
Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 23:51 - Jun 19 with 1268 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 23:28 - Jun 19 by Aquinas

I agree.

Clearly a nutter trying to spread terror within a particular community. However, his attack was based on the misguided belief that all muslims are to blame for what the minority do. Whereas Islamic attacks are based on interpretation of the quaran and the preaching of Imams.

Both types of people believe that their attacks would mean they are revered for their actions but they end up reviled by the majority.

Despite numerous attacks in Germany over the past 24 months, it seems Islamic attackers are not as reviled as left wing media outlets, such as The Independent, would lead you to believe.

Take this story, which was prominent in most left wing media outlets last week, how 10,000 Muslims were going to rally against Islamic extremism in Cologne. This was the most viewed topic on sites such as Reddit, where millions would have seen this headline.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/cologne-rally-muslims-protest-isl

I wonder how many later read how only a few hundred actually turned up, many of whom were clearly non Muslim, journalists or typical left wing rent-a-mob sorts?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/muslim-peace-march-held-germany-tu

Even the the country's biggest Islamic association refused to take part in the march. The Turkish-Islamic Union argued it would send the wrong signal by suggesting that international terrorism is mainly a Muslim problem.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 17:26 - Jun 20 with 1085 viewsdobjack2

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 20:09 - Jun 19 by swanjackal

The rhetoric of rags like the Mail and sun, people Like Hopkins and the hatred spewed out by the brexit campaign have emboldened unpleasant creatures to crawl out from their hiding places. They are more subtle on social media and forums these days and have moved on from the image of goose stepping skinheads to try and peddle their filth to the unthinking and easily influenced in more subtle ways.

Sadly incidents like this are the consequence. All those who preach hatred need to be denied their platform.
Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 18:00 - Jun 20 with 1056 viewsswanjackal

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 17:26 - Jun 20 by dobjack2

The rhetoric of rags like the Mail and sun, people Like Hopkins and the hatred spewed out by the brexit campaign have emboldened unpleasant creatures to crawl out from their hiding places. They are more subtle on social media and forums these days and have moved on from the image of goose stepping skinheads to try and peddle their filth to the unthinking and easily influenced in more subtle ways.

Sadly incidents like this are the consequence. All those who preach hatred need to be denied their platform.

I disagree about non platforming unless they are actually calling for violence, not just because someone interprets it as implying it.

I prefer to disassemble something with verbal discourse, and not push a mind set in the shadows where it festers and bubbles.

Who judges what is hatred? For example, Sunday saw the Al-qud's march in London as well as globally. It celebrates a deeply anti zionist ideal, and even anti Semitic in nature. The police green lit this once again, with Hezbollah flags openly flown, a recognised terrorist organisation. Corbyn and other MPs have attended and spoken in these marches before, do you non platform him and call him out on his siding with a terrorist organisation, expressing anti zionist views. Is he not preaching hate himself?

See, this non platforming gets complicated when you open it up past a one track mindset. It's a dangerous slope to slide down.

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 12:12 - Jun 25 with 895 viewsdailew

Looks like another one in Newcastle.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-40397028

Thankfully doesn't look like a terrorist incident.

"One eyewitness said: "From what I understand, [a woman who had been at prayer] was about to leave in her car and I believe she lost control."
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 12:14]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Car ploughs into people leaving mosque on 12:18 - Jun 25 with 884 viewsRancid

Northumbria Police say that "its not thought to be terrorism related"

Oh fμck off, of course it is and will eventually be labelled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024