Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wilfried Bony return thread 20:33 - Jul 16 with 19905 viewsGTCJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-targeting

"Meanwhile, it is thought Swansea could be considering a move to bring former fan favourite Wilfried Bony back to SA1.

The 28-year-old enjoyed an excellent season and a half in South Wales before making a £25million switch to Manchester City in January 2015."

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:23 - Jul 18 with 3158 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:14 - Jul 18 by jack247

Nobody thinks Chelsea are going to make him their main man. As an option from the bench when you want to go 2 up front or just chuck balls into the box, there are very few on his level.

Would be very disappointing if he'd prefer to end his career as an option on their bench, after the season he had in Swansea.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:30 - Jul 18 with 3130 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:23 - Jul 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Would be very disappointing if he'd prefer to end his career as an option on their bench, after the season he had in Swansea.

Understandable though. Chance to play in the Champions League and potentially win the Premier League.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:49 - Jul 18 with 3063 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:09]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:57 - Jul 18 with 3038 viewsTheResurrection

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:53 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Have to disagree Chris. Couldn't wait to get out of here so he can stay where he is. He's too slow and would be much less effective for us now than Llorente has been this season.

Best we've ever seen up front? No way.

For me he is and unfair to compare him to Latchford. A modern day 20 goal a season player is pretty phenomenal in the EPL and his pace was never a problem.

Llorente is decent at one thing only and that's meeting high balls in the box. Bony is far superior back to goal, has great feet, links superbly well with attacking midfielders and finishes with both feet and head.

There is no comparison between the Llorente we've seen and the Bony we've seen.

Bony every single time.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:07 - Jul 18 with 2887 viewsharryhpalmer

He's got too much crap going on off the pitch, and has had feck all going on, on the pitch.

And for the price we'd have to pay in transfer fee and wages - I'd give a wider berth than the Norwegian Joy!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:36 - Jul 18 with 2822 viewsLoyal

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 21:57 - Jul 18 by TheResurrection

For me he is and unfair to compare him to Latchford. A modern day 20 goal a season player is pretty phenomenal in the EPL and his pace was never a problem.

Llorente is decent at one thing only and that's meeting high balls in the box. Bony is far superior back to goal, has great feet, links superbly well with attacking midfielders and finishes with both feet and head.

There is no comparison between the Llorente we've seen and the Bony we've seen.

Bony every single time.

Scored three winning goals in his Swansea career.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 06:24 - Jul 19 with 2679 viewsBirchgrovejack

Id have him back here. He seems like a confidence player. when the crowd got behind him he was brilliant in a swans shirt. However i wouldnt want to pay more than £8m for him,which i suspect citeh would want aroun £15m ( pure speculation on my part mind)
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 06:32 - Jul 19 with 2670 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:36 - Jul 18 by Loyal

People get overly worked up about that, as if he was scoring the 7th in 8-0 wins. If you have a striker who scores 20 goals and creates chances for runners, you will stay up.

The only question for me, and it's obviously a big question, is how close to the Bony of 3 years ago he can get.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 06:33 - Jul 19 with 2670 viewsDr_Winston

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:36 - Jul 18 by Loyal

Not his fault he played in a Swansea team with a wider variety of goalscorers. Plus he scored against basically all of the top teams. Think it was only Chelsea he didn't score against.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

N/A. on 07:46 - Jul 19 with 2604 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 3:31]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 07:53 - Jul 19 with 2593 viewsSwansea93

Delph would be decent.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 08:01 - Jul 19 with 2571 viewsSwans_16

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 07:53 - Jul 19 by Swansea93

Delph would be decent.

If they want £10 million, negotiate them down to £8 million and then i'd take him.

We do seem a tad light up top and at £8 million he'd be a good deal for us given what he's done for us previously. Albeit a gamble, but what transfer these days isn't a gamble!
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 10:51 - Jul 19 with 2439 viewsMarinaJack

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:49 - Jul 18 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:09]

was a great player, tbh he has barley kicked a ball for the last 18 months
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:46 - Jul 19 with 2366 viewsHuwJackBastard

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 22:55 - Jul 16 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yeah, at best it would be very risky. He has done almost nothing over the last 2 1/2 years besides get older.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 22:56]

Dont agree with this. Siggy had a terrible time at Tottenham - Regular game time here has made him worth 50 Million!
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:50 - Jul 19 with 2340 viewsDr_Winston

Bony has always been the kind of player who needs to be playing regularly to be at his best. As good as he was early on it was only when Michu got injured and Laudrup had to pick him every game that he became virtually unplayable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:58 - Jul 19 with 2310 viewsThornburyswan

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:50 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Bony has always been the kind of player who needs to be playing regularly to be at his best. As good as he was early on it was only when Michu got injured and Laudrup had to pick him every game that he became virtually unplayable.

This. He's a confidence/form player not an impact one IF he could get back to the form of his last calendar year with us I'd have him back @ the suggested £8M (plus an add on or two to get it to £10M if needed on him scoring 12+ goals & us staying up) - he would also add strength at the back when we are defending corners/set pieces vs the likes of WBA/Stoke etc
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 13:25 - Jul 19 with 2240 viewsLandore_Jack

Worth the gamble at £8M in my opinion. Especially when you consider how much the club have spent on Eder, Borja and Gomis in wages, transfer fees, and signing-on fees. All failures. He is a proven goal scorer. Bring him home.

#backtojack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 13:28 - Jul 19 with 2226 viewsJFSwan

I've never seen anyone take pressure off of the team like Wilf. He could literally hold the ball for 20 seconds while we got men forward to help.

Im not sure how he would fair off the bench, he isnt really an impact player and needs the team tactics built around playing to his feet.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:08 - Jul 19 with 2171 viewsMarinaJack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 12:58 - Jul 19 by Thornburyswan

This. He's a confidence/form player not an impact one IF he could get back to the form of his last calendar year with us I'd have him back @ the suggested £8M (plus an add on or two to get it to £10M if needed on him scoring 12+ goals & us staying up) - he would also add strength at the back when we are defending corners/set pieces vs the likes of WBA/Stoke etc

serious question if he could get back to his form, wouldn't he have done so at stoke last season?

In the end he couldn't even make their match day squad, he hasn't played on a regular basis since what winter 2015?

Could it be he is just shot and it's time to look to a younger fresher more mobile player
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:14 - Jul 19 with 2150 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:08 - Jul 19 by MarinaJack

serious question if he could get back to his form, wouldn't he have done so at stoke last season?

In the end he couldn't even make their match day squad, he hasn't played on a regular basis since what winter 2015?

Could it be he is just shot and it's time to look to a younger fresher more mobile player

If Stoke played anything like we did when he was here, then maybe. There's no way of telling. We pretty much built our attack around his strengths. Ask him to play like a more conventional centre forward and he doesn't have the mobility.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:15 - Jul 19 with 2146 viewsMarinaJack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:14 - Jul 19 by jack247

If Stoke played anything like we did when he was here, then maybe. There's no way of telling. We pretty much built our attack around his strengths. Ask him to play like a more conventional centre forward and he doesn't have the mobility.

stoke moved away from the route 1 game in recent seasons though?

and tbh we have hardly been playing 1 touch stuff since monk got the job
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:24 - Jul 19 with 2129 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:15 - Jul 19 by MarinaJack

stoke moved away from the route 1 game in recent seasons though?

and tbh we have hardly been playing 1 touch stuff since monk got the job

We started playing more direct when Monk got that job, but didn't really move away from it while Bony was still here.

Stoke stopped playing Pulisball, but it's not as if they played Laudrup style football last season.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:38 - Jul 19 with 2106 viewsThornburyswan

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:08 - Jul 19 by MarinaJack

Fair question & obviously I don't know but I didn't really feel Stoke gave him a decent run of matches as their number 9, seemed to be in & out for me - I've not checked the stats on that with Opta mind so I could be talking bollox - I think he'd settle quicker back with us (particularly if we keep hold of Siggy!) & I'm only up for this if Llorente goes to the Chavs for more money than we'd be paying for Bony.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:53 - Jul 19 with 2075 viewsjackjackjackjack

"He was lazy, off the pace, sluggish. Couldn't keep up with play"

"He was awful. If Swansea pay more than 20 quid, never mind 20 mill, they're mugs. It was almost like starting with 10 men when he played, was always 5 or 6 steps behind the play."

"It's too much of a risk on a free transfer, he's finished. He's so far off the pace"

Thoughts of Stoke fans on Reddit... Go get him, Huw.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 15:40 - Jul 19 with 2013 viewsTheFranchise

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:53 - Jul 19 by jackjackjackjack

"He was lazy, off the pace, sluggish. Couldn't keep up with play"

"He was awful. If Swansea pay more than 20 quid, never mind 20 mill, they're mugs. It was almost like starting with 10 men when he played, was always 5 or 6 steps behind the play."

"It's too much of a risk on a free transfer, he's finished. He's so far off the pace"

Thoughts of Stoke fans on Reddit... Go get him, Huw.

So you've ignored the fact that we know he needs to play and play a lot to maintain fitness? He was exactly the same here. Pointless signing him to be a backup or a bench player.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I take the opinions of stoke fans on board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024