Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we actually going to spend some money? 14:19 - Aug 1 with 6149 viewsUplandsJack

I presumed we were going to add to/strengthen the squad that ended last season.
Yes we've bought Mesa but, we also sold Cork & Gomis, so that balances the books there.
My point is surely we should be getting on with strengthening in other positions and if/when Siggy leaves then replace him as well.
Not just sit around with our hands tied waiting for this deal to go through before we do any business.
It just seems to me, quality players are being snapped up from under our noses while we dilly around yet again!!!

Thoughts?
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:06 - Aug 1 with 1791 viewssnork44

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:56 - Aug 1 by pencoedjack

Just about my feelings although I'm happy with FF & Alf as 1st choice centre halves but want Naughton to be back up not 1st choice ( in case nobody hasnt noticed I think Naughton is shite)

That is a bit harsh on Naughton, but a decent back up would keep him n his toes.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:09 - Aug 1 with 1787 viewsChief

I think what frustrates some people (including myself) is that despite selling out yo foreign owners, we still dont compete against teams of comparative stature in the division. Look at the spendings of Bournemouth or even Burnley and I can't think of many players either club have sold for big money in recent years. Unlike us....

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:23 - Aug 1 with 1755 viewsAl_Bundy

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:48 - Aug 1 by Liam

Fed up of this continuous subject that is brought up...

What's the point in spending for spending's sake?

We only really need a new full back cover depth wise. There's no point in buying anyone else because for the money we can spend they're not going to be better than what we already got.

If we sell Siggy obv's we'll replace but other than that only a fullback cover is needed.

Only need a RB ??

So we have no proven back up in the CB position

We have an ageing RB and an average one that needs hand holding and lots of protection

No real quality cover at LB

Wide players who are either injured.. injury prone and add no quality and can barely beat a man or put a quality cross in.

We have offloaded Cork and have 30 something Britton

Ki "made of glass" SY is always injured

Baston, Gomis, Amat McBurnie with probably Bartley Siggy and maybe Llorente will be off.

The signing of Mesa is a big shortfall still on what we need.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:30 - Aug 1 with 1722 viewspencoedjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:06 - Aug 1 by snork44

That is a bit harsh on Naughton, but a decent back up would keep him n his toes.

In my opinion

Cant tackle, turns his back on crosses, shite going forward, no pace, can't head besides that he's ok fella
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 20:31 - Aug 1 with 1567 viewsNirvana

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:48 - Aug 1 by Liam

Fed up of this continuous subject that is brought up...

What's the point in spending for spending's sake?

We only really need a new full back cover depth wise. There's no point in buying anyone else because for the money we can spend they're not going to be better than what we already got.

If we sell Siggy obv's we'll replace but other than that only a fullback cover is needed.

Well, I would say we need a first-choice RB, a quality CB/DM option, and at least a few creative attackers, preferably on the wing. That's a bit pie in the sky for our club, I know, but that's what we need, regardless. Yes, we performed well with what we already have after Clement was hired, and if we keep Siggy/Llorente I feel we're pretty much guaranteed safety.

But we should aim higher than that this season, and we won't achieve that without more quality players all over the pitch. Complacency means relegation in the PL, and we were lucky to survive last season. We need to learn from that mistake.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 20:42 - Aug 1 with 1531 viewsFlashberryjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:23 - Aug 1 by Al_Bundy

Only need a RB ??

So we have no proven back up in the CB position

We have an ageing RB and an average one that needs hand holding and lots of protection

No real quality cover at LB

Wide players who are either injured.. injury prone and add no quality and can barely beat a man or put a quality cross in.

We have offloaded Cork and have 30 something Britton

Ki "made of glass" SY is always injured

Baston, Gomis, Amat McBurnie with probably Bartley Siggy and maybe Llorente will be off.

The signing of Mesa is a big shortfall still on what we need.

Bartley will be staying IMO, I agree with the rest of your post though.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 21:43 - Aug 1 with 1472 viewsLoyal

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 14:53 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

Can someone tell me what money we have please? I read it daily on here.

The fact is...There is no money.

We posted a £13m loss last year. This year our spending and selling has been offset (roughly).

Then people wonder why I am urging the club to buy players with a sell on value if we do manage to sell Gylfi. Without player sales - we have nothing.

People really do need to grasp this.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 14:57]

If the club was serious they would have appropriate loans in place pending transfers and or bridging arrangements concluded pending sales or purchases.
It's called business. We don't do it because they are stripping the assets slowly and taking their investment money back.
The complete lack of investment is plain to see.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 21:53 - Aug 1 with 1465 viewsLiam

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 15:06 - Aug 1 by 34dfgdf54

You think the squad is good enough?

No, but I think it's better than the stick it gets on here.

They're all very talented and it's mostly about confidence at this level. Players like Dyer or Montereo if they can stay fit and improve their confidence could be as good as any mid table wingers.

Our forwards I'd argue are as good as any mid table. Come on Llorente, Ayew and Abraham. Abraham is most prob a £40m forward already. We'll see.

Midfield is ok. Fer is good and chips in a few goals, Siggy staying is a top six creative attacker. Mesa and Ki are ok.

Our backup centre backs are as good as can be hoped for at our level.

We are light on FBs but imagine we will bring in a decent RB. Yiadom was touted around.

Nortfeldt is ok for backup keeper.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 21:57 - Aug 1 with 1454 viewsAl_Bundy

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 21:53 - Aug 1 by Liam

They're all very talented and it's mostly about confidence at this level. Players like Dyer or Montereo if they can stay fit and improve their confidence could be as good as any mid table wingers.

Our forwards I'd argue are as good as any mid table. Come on Llorente, Ayew and Abraham. Abraham is most prob a £40m forward already. We'll see.

Midfield is ok. Fer is good and chips in a few goals, Siggy staying is a top six creative attacker. Mesa and Ki are ok.

We are light on FBs but imagine we will bring in a decent RB. Yiadom was touted around.

**if Montero can stay fit**

Stop stop stop right there !!
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 22:03 - Aug 1 with 1434 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Fit Montero from two years ago, and fit Dyer from 4 years ago yes. But they both appear to be a shell of themselves at this point. Would love to see it though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 22:48 - Aug 1 with 1392 viewsshandyjack

Our backup Ch's shouldn't be anywhere near this level

Poll: Expectation for the season

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 00:25 - Aug 2 with 1347 viewsUplandsJack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 22:03 - Aug 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Fit Montero from two years ago, and fit Dyer from 4 years ago yes. But they both appear to be a shell of themselves at this point. Would love to see it though.

Well we certainly need to offload Barrow boy and id probably shift Jeff too.
He shows the most promise out of the two, but sadly has worked out he still gets paid even when injured, hence missing most of last season and probably a large portion of the next 2 or 3 years, contract length depending.
I also think Dyer is finished at this level, but where do you Stop? As it has been mentioned we are not going replace these guys, so we have to draw the line somewhere.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 1226 viewsKGriz16

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 00:25 - Aug 2 by UplandsJack

Well we certainly need to offload Barrow boy and id probably shift Jeff too.
He shows the most promise out of the two, but sadly has worked out he still gets paid even when injured, hence missing most of last season and probably a large portion of the next 2 or 3 years, contract length depending.
I also think Dyer is finished at this level, but where do you Stop? As it has been mentioned we are not going replace these guys, so we have to draw the line somewhere.

Agree totally. Our wingers are very poor. Narsingh is our best winger to turn to, and he's hardly lit the World on fire since coming in January.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:56 - Aug 2 with 1172 viewsWandererJack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 21:43 - Aug 1 by Loyal

If the club was serious they would have appropriate loans in place pending transfers and or bridging arrangements concluded pending sales or purchases.
It's called business. We don't do it because they are stripping the assets slowly and taking their investment money back.
The complete lack of investment is plain to see.

They can't just take money out of the club - this has been discussed hundreds of times on here now.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 17:09 - Aug 2 with 1137 viewspencoedjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:56 - Aug 2 by WandererJack

They can't just take money out of the club - this has been discussed hundreds of times on here now.

The club has freed up a lot of wages that we were paying out last season & surely at least we can get a decent player on loan

I can't imagine Baston & Gomis wages combined is anywhere near what we are paying Abraham.

We will get what we deserve if we go into this season with Naughton as 1st choice full back Bartley and/or VDH as centre half cover ( if FF or Alf gets injured). Pointless playing with wingers cos they are all not PL standard.

That's without taking into account the sales of Gylfi / Llorente .... Sleep walking to relegation unless someone at the club realises we have a paper thin squad.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 18:13 - Aug 2 with 1121 viewsawayjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 17:09 - Aug 2 by pencoedjack

The club has freed up a lot of wages that we were paying out last season & surely at least we can get a decent player on loan

I can't imagine Baston & Gomis wages combined is anywhere near what we are paying Abraham.

We will get what we deserve if we go into this season with Naughton as 1st choice full back Bartley and/or VDH as centre half cover ( if FF or Alf gets injured). Pointless playing with wingers cos they are all not PL standard.

That's without taking into account the sales of Gylfi / Llorente .... Sleep walking to relegation unless someone at the club realises we have a paper thin squad.

I agree most likely scenario to get quality in is loan deals. Hopefully PC can use his network in Spain and Germany, as our scouting team a becoming a joke.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:23 - Aug 2 with 1044 views34dfgdf54

Abraham is already a £40m striker but hasn't played one top flight game, correct me if I'm wrong..

Fair play.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:42 - Aug 2 with 1019 viewsE20Jack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:23 - Aug 2 by 34dfgdf54

Abraham is already a £40m striker but hasn't played one top flight game, correct me if I'm wrong..

Fair play.

2 appearances for Chelsea in the PL.

But yes he is not a £40m striker right now. But on the open market I think he would go for more than Llorente. After a 26 goal Championship season as a 18/19 year old with his pedigree he would certainly command £20m+ in this market. Hes special.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:58 - Aug 2 with 990 viewsGaryjack

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:42 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

But yes he is not a £40m striker right now. But on the open market I think he would go for more than Llorente. After a 26 goal Championship season as a 18/19 year old with his pedigree he would certainly command £20m+ in this market. Hes special.

What do you mean by his 'pedigree'? Did his mum or dad score a hat trick in a world cup final or something then sent out to stud and produced 'baby Tammy'?
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:59 - Aug 2 with 989 viewsairedale

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 23:42 - Aug 2 by E20Jack

We'll get an idea no doubt if he's striker during early games without Llorente.
Are we actually going to spend some money? on 00:45 - Aug 3 with 944 viewsLoyal

Are we actually going to spend some money? on 16:56 - Aug 2 by WandererJack

That isn't taking money out of the club. And it is entirely within their remit to do as I suggested.
Read what I said ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024