Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McDonald's workers to strike! 08:34 - Aug 19 with 10656 viewsjackportis

Want £10 per hour. Not bad for a spotty teenager or immigrant for flipping greasy burgers.JP suggests looking for a job that pays this not demand from your current employer.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 11:16 - Aug 19 with 2478 viewsKilkennyjack

Workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose except your chains.

I am sure the mcshareholders wont starve with a little less going their way.

Beware of the Risen People

McDonald's workers to strike! on 12:09 - Aug 19 with 2458 viewsMrSwerve

You can be very highly paid at McDonald's if you work your way up.

There's just no aspiration in people these days.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 12:19 - Aug 19 with 2454 viewsicecoldjack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:51 - Aug 19 by jack247

Yeah, perfect.

Then you've got the totally unsustainable situation where minimum wage is effectively increased to £10 an hour. A spike in unemployment and people who currently earn that dumbing down their jobs because they can get as much in McDonalds.

You honestly believe that £10 an hour can't be achieved in the UK ?

It's only the corporations telling you that, truth is they don't want more money in the pockets of people they want the money in their own pockets and the wish to keep the poor poorer.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 12:29 - Aug 19 with 2442 viewsItchySphincter

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:30 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

Disagree. I don't know if there is any kind of Union involved here but people need to start fighting back no matter what sector their in.

When the McDonalds folk fight back it will then hopefully show the way for other industries/sectors etc .

As for what sets them apart from other "unskilled" workers, well it seems getting organised and sticking together for starters!

We must remember that corporations/governments are only scared of one thing, and thats people sticking together and fighting back, never let them try and divide and rule, you've just given a perfect example of it yourself. "why should they " well, why shouldn't they is what we should be thinking ?

Well said Anthony.

My first job paid £1.74 and hour and I'm not that old.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 13:10 - Aug 19 with 2429 viewsE20Jack

Because it makes no economic sense, that is why they shouldn't.

I don't think people understand that everyone getting more money doesn't make everyone richer, it makes things more expensive. It devalues the pound intrinsically. Look at the Premier League as a microcosm of UK economics, they may all get an extra x amount of million each per year, but as a result the things they need to buy in order to survive also go up x amount of million. They are not really any better off, their costs just go up in line with it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 13:41 - Aug 19 with 2419 viewsdailew

McDonald's workers to strike! on 13:10 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

I don't think people understand that everyone getting more money doesn't make everyone richer, it makes things more expensive. It devalues the pound intrinsically. Look at the Premier League as a microcosm of UK economics, they may all get an extra x amount of million each per year, but as a result the things they need to buy in order to survive also go up x amount of million. They are not really any better off, their costs just go up in line with it.

No-one's talking about everyone getting more money.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 13:45 - Aug 19 with 2417 viewsE20Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 13:41 - Aug 19 by dailew

No-one's talking about everyone getting more money.

So why do McDonalds cleaners and service staff deserve more than other cleaners and service staff?

Why do Mcdonalds workers deserve the same amount as a developing firefighter?

To think it wont have an obvious knock on effect is naive.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 15:52 - Aug 19 with 2377 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 12:19 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

You honestly believe that £10 an hour can't be achieved in the UK ?

It's only the corporations telling you that, truth is they don't want more money in the pockets of people they want the money in their own pockets and the wish to keep the poor poorer.

No, I don't. I'm honestly not sure whether you are talking about everyone getting a pay rise when the economy is on its arse, or staff at McDonalds being paid the same as ambulance drivers and firefighters.

Either way I disagree.
Login to get fewer ads

McDonald's workers to strike! on 16:32 - Aug 19 with 2354 viewsEilian

It boils down to the fact that if everyone in McDonalds was paid £10 per hour, then a big mac would cost £20.

No one would buy that. Either Mcdonalds would replace their staff with machines and then give any remaining staff more training and responsibility. At which point they will probably deserve to be paid an increased rate.

or they would just close every UK branch as selling crapy cheese burgers for £20 isn't a sustainable business model.

The amount you earn is dictated by:
The need for what you do - Reasonable

How good you are at your job - How good can you actually be?

How hard you are to replace.- Verry easy.

So to sum it up. They've got no chance in hell!
McDonald's workers to strike! on 16:56 - Aug 19 with 2338 viewsexiledclaseboy

McDonald's workers to strike! on 13:10 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

How very Thatcherism of you.

Poll: Tory leader

McDonald's workers to strike! on 17:06 - Aug 19 with 2325 viewsNeath_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 16:32 - Aug 19 by Eilian

It boils down to the fact that if everyone in McDonalds was paid £10 per hour, then a big mac would cost £20.

No one would buy that. Either Mcdonalds would replace their staff with machines and then give any remaining staff more training and responsibility. At which point they will probably deserve to be paid an increased rate.

or they would just close every UK branch as selling crapy cheese burgers for £20 isn't a sustainable business model.

"It boils down to the fact that if everyone in McDonalds was paid £10 per hour, then a big mac would cost £20"

How does that work then? How much are they on now, and how much is a big mac now?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 2313 viewsEilian

McDonald's workers to strike! on 17:06 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

"It boils down to the fact that if everyone in McDonalds was paid £10 per hour, then a big mac would cost £20"

How does that work then? How much are they on now, and how much is a big mac now?

I can't say for certain how much a big mac will cost if they had to pay their staff more. Mcdonalds is cheap and cheerful. It won't be if they have to pay all their staff more. That's the point.

The market will react accordingly. That's how capitalism works. That's why it's the best system that we currently have.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:20 - Aug 19 with 2261 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 10:24 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

Being "on the go" should be a minimum requirement of any job and doesn't really constitute hard work. They are in a dry and warm kitchen putting pre made food into timed contraptions, lets not pretend it is anything else.. On the current pay scale this country is in, they certainly don't deserve to be paid the same as an on call developing fire fighter thats for sure. In fact, it would be utterly disgraceful if so.

The only way McDonalds staff should be paid more is if the nations payscale increases aswell in comparison. But then there isn't much point in the rise in the first place.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 10:30]

Now there goes a man who's never done much manual work in his life

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:23 - Aug 19 with 2249 viewsjack247

Ladies and gentlemen, mart6 has arrived. Welcome to the thread.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:25 - Aug 19 with 2244 viewsWarwickHunt

McDonald's workers to strike! on 16:32 - Aug 19 by Eilian

"It boils down to the fact that if everyone in McDonalds was paid £10 per hour, then a big mac would cost £20."

I think they're currently on about £7 per hour.

A Big Mac is about £14 then. Correct?
McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:25 - Aug 19 with 2242 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 16:56 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

How very Thatcherism of you.

He said on another thread he was working in the city and hinted at investments etc.
You know, the c*nts responsible for the economic mess since 2008. Nice for him to dictate what the prolls should earn innit.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:27 - Aug 19 with 2237 viewsE20Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:20 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Now there goes a man who's never done much manual work in his life

I worked these kind of jobs when in uni, not McDonalds but bar work etc. I never once thought I was underpaid or I should be paid the same as developing firefighters. Wanted to be paid more? sure. But that is besides the point.

I am genuinely shocked by the views so far, interesting though.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:07 - Aug 19 with 2211 viewsjack2jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 09:12 - Aug 19 by SoberBaker

I think it's their attention to detail when building a burger - They look just like the photos at the counter.

This!
McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:16 - Aug 19 with 2198 viewsjack247

Come on mart, that last one wasn't worth a down arrow, you big adorable mute cuddly psycho
McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:23 - Aug 19 with 2185 viewsNeath_Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 20:25 - Aug 19 by WarwickHunt

"It boils down to the fact that if everyone in McDonalds was paid £10 per hour, then a big mac would cost £20."

I think they're currently on about £7 per hour.

A Big Mac is about £14 then. Correct?

I forgot about this thread, but yeah, that was going to be my next reply to him.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:24 - Aug 19 with 2182 viewsE20Jack

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:16 - Aug 19 by jack247

Come on mart, that last one wasn't worth a down arrow, you big adorable mute cuddly psycho

He works at McDonalds I think.

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:27 - Aug 19 with 2177 viewsDarran

I never ever go to McDonalds but Amy wanted to go there the other morning,I was starving so I had a breakfast wrap with brown sauce.

I can't lie it was fuçking banging.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:29 - Aug 19 with 2174 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:24 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

He works at McDonalds I think.

In some ways, he's my favourite poster.

As an aside, I'm not knocking people who work there in any way, just think they need to look outside McDonalds, or to try to progress within the company if they want to earn more money.
McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:31 - Aug 19 with 2168 viewsjack247

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:27 - Aug 19 by Darran

I never ever go to McDonalds but Amy wanted to go there the other morning,I was starving so I had a breakfast wrap with brown sauce.

I can't lie it was fuçking banging.

Just don't have the fillet o fish. Otherwise it's decent fast food
McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:33 - Aug 19 with 2162 viewsDarran

McDonald's workers to strike! on 21:31 - Aug 19 by jack247

Just don't have the fillet o fish. Otherwise it's decent fast food

I quite like a fish finger sandwich.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024