Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 17:47 - Aug 19 with 46865 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clucas on 17:52 - Aug 23 with 2903 viewsMo_Wives

Clucas on 17:48 - Aug 23 by TheKirkyLife

It's official.

I think we can expect a ginger striker and a ginger keeper to come in next, to play behind and in front of Sam and Alfie. I think the beginning of that video was a subliminal message....Ginger spine!

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clucas on 17:55 - Aug 23 with 2854 viewsoldcob

Looking at the picture of him holding up the shirt on the official sight he could be Tateys love child. Only joking, sorry Al, honest.
Clucas on 17:58 - Aug 23 with 2803 viewsShonky

Its just a ride...

Clucas on 17:59 - Aug 23 with 2799 viewsWhiterockin

No news on the fee? or Kingsley?
Clucas on 18:01 - Aug 23 with 2768 viewsTheKirkyLife

Clucas on 17:59 - Aug 23 by Whiterockin

No news on the fee? or Kingsley?

Reported fee is 'in the region' of £16 million. Kingsley is set to go the other way in a separate deal worth between £2-£4 million.
Clucas on 18:03 - Aug 23 with 2732 viewsWhiterockin

Clucas on 18:01 - Aug 23 by TheKirkyLife

Reported fee is 'in the region' of £16 million. Kingsley is set to go the other way in a separate deal worth between £2-£4 million.

Means Hull have to pay more to Chesterfield.
Clucas on 18:41 - Aug 23 with 2521 viewsGlyn1

What do Hull fans think of him?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clucas on 18:49 - Aug 23 with 2477 viewsOldjack

Clucas on 18:41 - Aug 23 by Glyn1

gutted to see him go

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 19:47 - Aug 23 with 2338 viewsairedale

Does anyone think he'll be in Selhurst come Saturday?
Clucas on 20:09 - Aug 23 with 2297 viewsdailew

Clucas on 17:52 - Aug 23 by Mo_Wives

I think we can expect a ginger striker and a ginger keeper to come in next, to play behind and in front of Sam and Alfie. I think the beginning of that video was a subliminal message....Ginger spine!

Watch your language.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Clucas on 20:13 - Aug 23 with 2262 viewsdailew

Nice interview.

Seems a level headed bloke.

Feel he won't less us down.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Clucas on 21:58 - Aug 23 with 2167 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 19:39 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

"They mostly play a 442 that morphs into 451 when in defence, with Griezmann dropping back into midfield, and switch to 433 when in attack. "

If they play 451 in defence and 433 in attack, how do they also manage to mostly play 442?

Buggering about in the middle?

When they are in the middle of the pitch, Lisa. Ya know, where "most" of the match actually takes place?

Quick breakdown:

- "in defence", i.e. the defending third, is the bit around your own goal. Griezmann joins the midfield line when Atletico drop back, which they do frequently (451).

- "in attack", i.e. the attacking third, is the bit around the other goal. A wide midfielder will join the forward line when Atletico push up, particularly on the counter (433).

- Between those areas, the middle third, they're "mostly" in their default formation, with Griezmann dropping deep more frequently last season to pick up the ball when they have possession. When he does that, a wide midfielder (typically Carrasco/Gaitan) will push up and join Torres/Gameiro upfront (442).

Hope that cleared it up for you. Check out Atletico sometime, genuinely. They have a phenomenal squad, Griezmann is one of the top players in the world, and Simeone is always entertaining.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 22:05]
Clucas on 22:08 - Aug 23 with 2117 viewsAngelRangelQS

Clucas on 21:58 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

When they are in the middle of the pitch, Lisa. Ya know, where "most" of the match actually takes place?

Quick breakdown:

- "in defence", i.e. the defending third, is the bit around your own goal. Griezmann joins the midfield line when Atletico drop back, which they do frequently (451).

- "in attack", i.e. the attacking third, is the bit around the other goal. A wide midfielder will join the forward line when Atletico push up, particularly on the counter (433).

- Between those areas, the middle third, they're "mostly" in their default formation, with Griezmann dropping deep more frequently last season to pick up the ball when they have possession. When he does that, a wide midfielder (typically Carrasco/Gaitan) will push up and join Torres/Gameiro upfront (442).

Hope that cleared it up for you. Check out Atletico sometime, genuinely. They have a phenomenal squad, Griezmann is one of the top players in the world, and Simeone is always entertaining.

Nobody gives a f*ck pal
Clucas on 22:11 - Aug 23 with 2093 viewsNirvana

Quick copy/paste from one of their forums:

http://www.not606.com/threads/city-transfers-summer-2017.348315/page-606

- "Decent, steady player who will run tirelessly with a decent left foot. I'm happy with anything over £10m-£12m ."

- "I'd describe him as a water carrier - keeps it massively simple, moves the game on, fills holes, rarely gives the ball away."

- "I've got no axe to grind with Swansea and I'm sorry to say Clucas isn't what you need. From my - admittedly- limited knowledge of your first XI you need game changers and for all his plus points he isn't that. He's someone who does the messy stuff so a game changer can do his bit."

- "In all honesty Sam's on a hiding to nothing , look at who he is replacing ? Decent player but can see him going the same way snodgrass has at West Ham"

- So he's a typical 6/7 out of 10 player?

"Yes. You won't see him pinging 80 yard cross field balls, smashing them in from 25 yards or eye of the needle passes to split a defence or going on mazy runs taking on half the enemy team. Equally you won't see him leave his man unmarked, duck a challenge, fart about with the ball or give possession away cheaply.

A good engine for other more skilled players to thrive off."

- "A player like Clucas might have been worth £5m in 2012, but not now. Unlike a few on here, I think we've sold Maguire and Robertson on the cheap, and given how Livermore seems to be in England favour, Clucas could be heading the same way."

- "I don't think he's not worth anywhere near 12-15million. Did you go Tuesday night, he didn't get near neves all night who cost wolves 15 million. I don't blame the club for taking them money for him, so if I was in charge of the transfers I'd be driving him there"

- "I can't see where £15m for Sam comes from. He's a decent, steady player, but nothing particularly special. A bit of a jack of all trades work horse.

If he was 18, then maybe, but he's 27 next week."

- "I don't think you'd ever manage to recoup that fee, if I'm being honest. He's a very ordinary player, a bit of a jack of all trades. Effective in the centre and rarely has a bad game or make a bad mistake but just as rarely does he do anything special."
Clucas on 22:16 - Aug 23 with 2074 viewsGlyn1

Thanks for that, Nirvana.

So none of them dislike him, but none of them are sad to see him go? That's worrying.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 22:18]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clucas on 22:16 - Aug 23 with 2071 viewsTheResurrection

Clucas on 21:58 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

Quick breakdown:

Mate, you really, really are embarrassing yourself mun.

Stop it, for your own sake.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clucas on 22:19 - Aug 23 with 2044 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 22:08 - Aug 23 by AngelRangelQS

Nobody gives a f*ck pal

Lisa did.

I answered her.

Scroll through.
Clucas on 22:19 - Aug 23 with 2044 viewsJango

Clucas on 22:11 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

Quick copy/paste from one of their forums:

http://www.not606.com/threads/city-transfers-summer-2017.348315/page-606

- "Decent, steady player who will run tirelessly with a decent left foot. I'm happy with anything over £10m-£12m ."

- "I'd describe him as a water carrier - keeps it massively simple, moves the game on, fills holes, rarely gives the ball away."

- "I've got no axe to grind with Swansea and I'm sorry to say Clucas isn't what you need. From my - admittedly- limited knowledge of your first XI you need game changers and for all his plus points he isn't that. He's someone who does the messy stuff so a game changer can do his bit."

- "In all honesty Sam's on a hiding to nothing , look at who he is replacing ? Decent player but can see him going the same way snodgrass has at West Ham"

- So he's a typical 6/7 out of 10 player?

"Yes. You won't see him pinging 80 yard cross field balls, smashing them in from 25 yards or eye of the needle passes to split a defence or going on mazy runs taking on half the enemy team. Equally you won't see him leave his man unmarked, duck a challenge, fart about with the ball or give possession away cheaply.

A good engine for other more skilled players to thrive off."

- "A player like Clucas might have been worth £5m in 2012, but not now. Unlike a few on here, I think we've sold Maguire and Robertson on the cheap, and given how Livermore seems to be in England favour, Clucas could be heading the same way."

- "I don't think he's not worth anywhere near 12-15million. Did you go Tuesday night, he didn't get near neves all night who cost wolves 15 million. I don't blame the club for taking them money for him, so if I was in charge of the transfers I'd be driving him there"

- "I can't see where £15m for Sam comes from. He's a decent, steady player, but nothing particularly special. A bit of a jack of all trades work horse.

If he was 18, then maybe, but he's 27 next week."

- "I don't think you'd ever manage to recoup that fee, if I'm being honest. He's a very ordinary player, a bit of a jack of all trades. Effective in the centre and rarely has a bad game or make a bad mistake but just as rarely does he do anything special."

Hes a ginger Joe Allen then
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 22:20]
Clucas on 22:23 - Aug 23 with 2010 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 17:25 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

I don't.

I think the 3 Clement has said were his best he's trying to ship out.

I think hd'd get shot of Ki as well as Siggy and Llorente if he could pull it off in this window.

Nirvana's posts in this thread are comedy gold by the way. The guy's got no shame.

Not a fan of someone calling you out on your bbullsshitt "support" and in-depth "knowledge" of Clucas, there res?

But surely, you watched plenty of "this boy" last season, yeah? Interesting.

Shone so much in your eyes we've never heard you mention him once, amid your endless stream of "F**K SIGGY"-isms. Interesting. 

Either you're terrible at spotting talent (definitely) or you're a ffukkingg liar (definitely, also).

I forgot. You're both. Move along.

P.S. As for "shame", give your threads a look over and maybe you'll feel a little.
Clucas on 22:24 - Aug 23 with 2011 viewsjacktar

Clucas on 20:13 - Aug 23 by dailew

Nice interview.

Seems a level headed bloke.

Feel he won't less us down.

Agreed.
Seems a solid, grounded sort of guy, and a versatile player too. Just the type of player we need imo.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Clucas on 22:30 - Aug 23 with 1970 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 22:16 - Aug 23 by Glyn1

Thanks for that, Nirvana.

So none of them dislike him, but none of them are sad to see him go? That's worrying.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 22:18]

Yeah it is a bit worrying, Glyn.

Football fans are a fickle bunch, but those are pretty balanced views. I also left out a few that weren't as flattering, but seemed unnecessarily harsh.

Nice guy, good story, and extremely motivated and down-to-earth. £16.5m is extremely high, but I trust Clement is involved in the transfers and sees something he can build on.

Only thing we can do is hope it works out now, he's a Swan. If he takes Fer/Ki's place in the XI and performs reasonably well, I'll be ecstatic. That's the expectation for me.
Clucas on 22:38 - Aug 23 with 1930 viewsNirvana

Clucas on 22:19 - Aug 23 by Jango

About a foot taller, left-footed, and more versatile.

(And not as good, no offence meant Sam. Allen is superb.)

But yes, appears so.
Clucas on 22:45 - Aug 23 with 1893 viewshobo

Clucas on 22:19 - Aug 23 by Jango

Not even half the player Allen is
Clucas on 22:45 - Aug 23 with 1892 viewsswan85

Looking at comments on bbc news about the transfer, Hull fans seem positive about him and sorry he's gone. Fingers crossed for us.
Clucas on 22:45 - Aug 23 with 1887 viewsFireboy2

I've just put nirvana on ignore

Just as I did E20 earlier

They are tedious people who only come on to stoke up reactions from people

I suggest if any of you have any brains found the same
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024