Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llorente saga 19:49 - Aug 31 with 7153 viewsKinsey

Ok, I'm a big llorente fan so a little possibly biased, but I see no value in selling such an asset to our club.

I understand what some have said about his value in a years time, but what's bony going to be worth at that same time.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous.

Selling a race horse and replacing with a donkey!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 19:49]
Llorente saga on 21:34 - Aug 31 with 2181 viewsJackSkellington

Llorente saga on 21:23 - Aug 31 by raynor94

His Brother

No I'm talking about the guy in the football shirt. Looks familiar... only far less handsome than I remember. Can't put my finger on it...
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 21:39]
Llorente saga on 21:37 - Aug 31 with 2155 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Llorente saga on 21:05 - Aug 31 by Kinsey

Ridiculous

At 12 million damn right it's ridiculous

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Llorente saga on 21:40 - Aug 31 with 2128 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 21:31 - Aug 31 by JackSkellington

Maybe we've been his first choice all along and he was just setting up back up options in case the move to us fell through? It's obviously paramount to him that he leaves Man City, and that can only mean that he wants to play, otherwise he could have stayed put and got paid for sitting on his arse all season.

Remember he's also been offered Champions League football and big money in Russia, yet he's been here in Swansea having a medical today, he's chosen to come to us. We need to give him a fair chance before writing him off, to me all the signs are good.

I wouldn't imagine any African player would take playing in Russia as their first choice if there were other options no matter what level they play at. How do we know we are not matching his Man City wages or they are not covering the short fall? Sorry, but it's a no from me.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 21:41]
Llorente saga on 21:43 - Aug 31 with 2104 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Llorente saga on 21:40 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

I wouldn't imagine any African player would take playing in Russia as their first choice if there were other options no matter what level they play at. How do we know we are not matching his Man City wages or they are not covering the short fall? Sorry, but it's a no from me.

Did they actually ever finish paying us for him? I wouldn't be surprised if they still owed us £5 million taking his bargain fee to 17 million pounds.....

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Llorente saga on 21:57 - Aug 31 with 2040 viewsJackSkellington

Llorente saga on 21:40 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Regardless of how much he's paid and by whom, the point is that he could have stayed at City and continued to get money for doing nothing. The fact he's chosen to come to us shows he wants to be playing.
Llorente saga on 22:13 - Aug 31 with 2003 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 21:57 - Aug 31 by JackSkellington

Regardless of how much he's paid and by whom, the point is that he could have stayed at City and continued to get money for doing nothing. The fact he's chosen to come to us shows he wants to be playing.

It demonstrates nothing. Why stay at Man City and look like a right knob in front of the other superstars when he can fvck off somewhere else for the same money and play some football! That's a very naive outlook!
Llorente saga on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 1959 viewsLoyal

Llorente saga on 20:49 - Aug 31 by sully49

If memory serves me right WB scored 20+ goals whist here. He also had the ability to jump an amazing height, something we need in attack and defence. Although his lack of regular football is a concern and £10/15M is on the high side given that lack of football but only time will tell.

About two of his goals were worth anything, the rest were pretty unimpactive.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Llorente saga on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 1908 viewsraynor94

Llorente saga on 22:30 - Aug 31 by Loyal

About two of his goals were worth anything, the rest were pretty unimpactive.

With the greatest respect that's one daft statistic

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Llorente saga on 22:45 - Aug 31 with 1871 viewsJackSkellington

Llorente saga on 22:13 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

It demonstrates nothing. Why stay at Man City and look like a right knob in front of the other superstars when he can fvck off somewhere else for the same money and play some football! That's a very naive outlook!

One man's naivety is another man's optimism We'll find out soon enough either way.
Llorente saga on 22:46 - Aug 31 with 1855 viewsLoyal

Llorente saga on 22:38 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Go and check it out then mate.
It's a fact.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Llorente saga on 22:49 - Aug 31 with 1821 viewsraynor94

Llorente saga on 22:46 - Aug 31 by Loyal

Go and check it out then mate.
It's a fact.

Cardiff, Valencia away, United in the Cup and Stoke at home in the 3-3 draw, Leicester 2- 0 home both goals. Off the top of my head plenty more if you look

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Llorente saga on 22:52 - Aug 31 with 1806 viewsLoyal

Llorente saga on 22:49 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Cardiff, Valencia away, United in the Cup and Stoke at home in the 3-3 draw, Leicester 2- 0 home both goals. Off the top of my head plenty more if you look

Vast majority were either when the game was in he bag or we were getting well beat.
Never scored more than few winning goals.

Llorente saga on 22:55 - Aug 31 with 1784 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 22:49 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Cardiff we were 2-0 up already, Valencia and Utd were cup games, Stoke we got a point, and Leicester we won by 2 goals. Can't work it out now, but i think i posted some time ago that Bony's goals earned us something like 8 points. He's no match winner that's for sure!
Llorente saga on 23:03 - Aug 31 with 1739 viewsJackflack

Feck me Gary... let's see him actually fail on the pitch this season before writing him off Eh?

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Llorente saga on 23:05 - Aug 31 with 1717 viewsGaryjack

Llorente saga on 23:03 - Aug 31 by Jackflack

Feck me Gary... let's see him actually fail on the pitch this season before writing him off Eh?

Oh ok then Chris, I'll say no more about it until you all write him off ahead of me!
Llorente saga on 23:10 - Aug 31 with 1679 viewsLoyal

Llorente saga on 22:55 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Cardiff we were 2-0 up already, Valencia and Utd were cup games, Stoke we got a point, and Leicester we won by 2 goals. Can't work it out now, but i think i posted some time ago that Bony's goals earned us something like 8 points. He's no match winner that's for sure!

I agree, he does score goals but very few are or were of any value.

Llorente saga on 23:17 - Aug 31 with 1656 viewsWarwickHunt

Llorente saga on 22:38 - Aug 31 by raynor94

And one even dafter word...
Llorente saga on 23:18 - Aug 31 with 1655 viewsGlyn1

Llorente saga on 20:01 - Aug 31 by Kinsey

Well if bony sticks in 15 goals, I'll eat my words.

Bookmarked.

Are you including Cup games in that promise?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Llorente saga on 23:19 - Aug 31 with 1642 viewsforkbeard

Llorente saga on 23:22 - Aug 31 with 1615 viewsJackflack

Llorente saga on 23:05 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

Oh ok then Chris, I'll say no more about it until you all write him off ahead of me!

I won't write him off before he's kicked a ball for it's this season, that's all I'm saying.
He did a job for us before. There's no reason he can't repeat his f wth us.
Siggy being a partial example

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Llorente saga on 02:30 - Sep 1 with 1530 viewsLeonWasGod

Llorente saga on 20:07 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

I suspect the goals will be shared about this season rather than having to rely on llorente and siggy

We'll be relying on Bony/Tammy instead. I keep seeing this talk about team gosls, but I can't see the core of the squad from last season suddenly turning into goal machines. Routs will get his one or two. Ayew will probably get a few, but I'd be shocked if he gets into double figures. Fer will chip in with the most from midfield. Carroll will get two or three, as will Mawson and FF. The other ostracised wingers will get one or two if they get any game time.

We know what we'll get from most of them. So we'll be relying on the new signings I suspect.
Llorente saga on 06:45 - Sep 1 with 1471 viewsjack247

Llorente saga on 02:30 - Sep 1 by LeonWasGod

We'll be relying on Bony/Tammy instead. I keep seeing this talk about team gosls, but I can't see the core of the squad from last season suddenly turning into goal machines. Routs will get his one or two. Ayew will probably get a few, but I'd be shocked if he gets into double figures. Fer will chip in with the most from midfield. Carroll will get two or three, as will Mawson and FF. The other ostracised wingers will get one or two if they get any game time.

We know what we'll get from most of them. So we'll be relying on the new signings I suspect.

I think that underestimates what Bony does for the attack when he is not scoring. He created so many clear chances for Siggy, Routs and Dyer last time. Siggy was a good finisher, the others weren't. Whoever plays the floating striker role (probably Tammy), the tip and wide points in the diamond, will get lots of chances once they get on the same wavelength.

I don't think Bony will be anywhere near as prolific this time, but we will be more dangerous as an attacking unit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024