Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dead last in net spend yet again 14:13 - Sep 1 with 10260 viewsFerrieBodde

https://talksport.com/football/every-premier-league-club-ranked-their-net-spend-

Just like in the last summer window (and cumulatively in the last 3 years), we've once again spent the least. A profit of £24m in this window. How lovely.

It's an awful feeling knowing your club is owned by some parasitic foreigners who want nothing except to spend the bare minimum, if even that (since these Yanks took over we have a transfer surplus of +£14m), and that all they want to do is keep us in the Premier League before selling us for a tidy profit. Both Levien and Kaplan are two no good lying cvnts, and they should be held accountable for all the BS they spouted after the purchase about how they want to win, how ambitious they are, and how we're no longer going to be a stepping stone club.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 0:58]
Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:17 - Sep 1 with 6586 viewsConcerned_Parent

Someone in the trust needs to confront K and/or L about their blatant lies about taking us to the next level. Too bad everyone in it is too meek and cowardly to do anything though.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:22 - Sep 1 with 6554 viewsraynor94

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:17 - Sep 1 by Concerned_Parent

Someone in the trust needs to confront K and/or L about their blatant lies about taking us to the next level. Too bad everyone in it is too meek and cowardly to do anything though.

They never said they'd take us to the next level, and in all honesty in my opinion the club is being run the right way

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:23 - Sep 1 with 6521 viewsawayjack

No suprise but gap in our net profit versu others net spend is growing every year as all other teams try to get their squad to 'the next level'. Some fans also behave a if its our money not for the vendor of the Yanks.

Must confess I calculated more than £30m but don't know details of on costs and lots of smaller deals not disclosed such as Kingsley.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:32 - Sep 1 with 6503 viewssomersetsimon

I'm no more concerned about being last in nett spend than I would be happy about being the biggest spender. The most important thing is whether we've got the players we need.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:36 - Sep 1 with 6487 viewsthereisnospoon

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:22 - Sep 1 by raynor94

They never said they'd take us to the next level, and in all honesty in my opinion the club is being run the right way

....did you even read those quotes? They didn't just say they were going to take us to the next level. They said a lot more than that. Frankly, it's disgusting.

Not only that, but I find it hilarious you're saying the club is being run the right way when 1) in their first year of ownership we were an absolute dumpster fire and were nearly relegated, constantly making the headlines and trending on social media for all the wrong reasons and 2) we haven't even clinched safety yet for this season. Save your "this club is being run the right way" rubbish for when 5 years later if and when we're still in the Premier League and the Yanks are still in charge.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 6455 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:36 - Sep 1 by thereisnospoon

....did you even read those quotes? They didn't just say they were going to take us to the next level. They said a lot more than that. Frankly, it's disgusting.

Not only that, but I find it hilarious you're saying the club is being run the right way when 1) in their first year of ownership we were an absolute dumpster fire and were nearly relegated, constantly making the headlines and trending on social media for all the wrong reasons and 2) we haven't even clinched safety yet for this season. Save your "this club is being run the right way" rubbish for when 5 years later if and when we're still in the Premier League and the Yanks are still in charge.

"Being run the right way" to me means not risking the finances of the club. Which we still look to be doing. Far too much is being said about this "+£25m". Whether we're in the Premier Lg is irrelevant, it's whether the club can survive in the future is what's important.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:44 - Sep 1 with 6448 viewsraynor94

Yes, and not one said, " they'd take us to the next level" they did say we would be a sustainable club, and competitive on the pitch, which since last January is what they have done

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 6431 viewsLeonWasGod

We haven't secured safety after 3 games? That it then, you've convinced me

The Americans haven't had the best of starts, but we're in a better place than we were. Albeit we've still got to prove that Tammy/Wilf and Sanches can work together and fill the void left by Siggy/Llorente. And the price of signings is no guarantee of quality; you've only got to look at our recent history to see that's the case.

It's a bit early to be having a flounce about our chances this season. Give it a couple of months and then we'll have a better idea of where we are.
Login to get fewer ads

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:50 - Sep 1 with 6412 viewsPozuelosSideys

More interested in where will be in the 'wages as a % turnover' table where we were top by a considerable margin last season - and is a far better indicator of where we stand as a club financially in the medium to long term

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:51 - Sep 1 with 6408 viewsJack11

Bottom of the net spend table = doomsday. The Fantasy football and Championship Manager brigade are out in force today.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:57 - Sep 1 with 6395 viewsShonky

I've noticed that all the "negative" posters are also all as thick as fk.

Its just a ride...

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:01 - Sep 1 with 6383 viewsLeonWasGod

Dead last in net spend yet again on 14:51 - Sep 1 by Jack11

Bottom of the net spend table = doomsday. The Fantasy football and Championship Manager brigade are out in force today.

I blame the media. They seem to rate a successful window according to how much is spent. Small clubs fall foul of this all the time - e.g. QPR, Norwich... Huddersfield seem to be picking up that baton this year.

We suffered ourselves last year with Baston.. Arguably our signings of the seasons in recent years have been the cheaper ones (e.g. Michu, Mawson, Andre Ayew, etc). Doesn't always work like thatof course, as we paid for quality in Wilf first time round and got it. But paying is no guarantee that a player will do well.

The only way we'll judge whether this window has been a success is once PC has had a bit of time to mould them into a team and we start seeing results (or not).
Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:09 - Sep 1 with 6335 viewsJackSomething

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:01 - Sep 1 by LeonWasGod

I blame the media. They seem to rate a successful window according to how much is spent. Small clubs fall foul of this all the time - e.g. QPR, Norwich... Huddersfield seem to be picking up that baton this year.

We suffered ourselves last year with Baston.. Arguably our signings of the seasons in recent years have been the cheaper ones (e.g. Michu, Mawson, Andre Ayew, etc). Doesn't always work like thatof course, as we paid for quality in Wilf first time round and got it. But paying is no guarantee that a player will do well.

The only way we'll judge whether this window has been a success is once PC has had a bit of time to mould them into a team and we start seeing results (or not).

Good post.

Could we have had a better transfer window? Of course we could and the identifying of targets at the club is still concerning as we only ever seem to have short list of targets, many of whom have been on their for years. I refuse to believe there wasn't a better option than Chadli out there somewhere waiting to be found.

On the other hand, we've had a decent start to the season and have just brought back one of our best ever strikers, plus one of the most exciting young players in Europe. I don't see how anyone can't be full of anticipation for Newcastle next Saturday.

Shall we hold off on venerating or blasting the owners for a bit and just see how the matches go first?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:16 - Sep 1 with 6309 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The key part of the equation to factor in, before anyone freaks out over this "profit," is the fact that the two biggest talents we signed this summer are loans, not permanent deals.

Hopefully, that "profit" is being tucked away for when we will need to replace them in 9 months. If so, it's very understandable to me at least.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 15:17]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:19 - Sep 1 with 6266 viewswhoflungdung

Is the hatred towards to owners as marked off this site as it is on.

This site represents a tiny majority of fans as an entity.

Personally,best to spend wisely.

If we d been nearer the top,then I be pissed off

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:29 - Sep 1 with 6254 viewsswanforthemoney

Perhaps the OP would have us spending 10million on Cornelius just to increase the net spend. In another example QPR spent massively a few years ago and were comprehensively relegated.
Measuring success by net spend is ridiculous.
In fact the OP seems to implicitly acknowledge this. The OP says we are last in net spend AGAIN. In the years we were previously 'dead last' in net spend, there were at least the 3 clubs that ended up relegated that must have spent more than us.

I stand in the North Stand

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:30 - Sep 1 with 6248 viewsfelixstowe_jack

We made a transfer profit this Summer. Does the Author remember we made a NET loss of £20m in transfers last January so over a 12 month period even using his figures we made a small profit of £4m which once you take the agents fees out will probably be a small loss.

Just because you make a profit it does not mean you have to spend it on unsuitable players. I think we can trust PC judgement over the two transfer windows.

Note Newcastle spent £29m in the January window but still got relegated that season. Mind you they did buy Shelvey.

It is not about how much you spend but more a case of. improving the squad and the 1XI.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:40 - Sep 1 with 6180 viewspencoedjack

Anyway with (maybe) the exception of Alf I see no very sale-able players come next summer.

I'm am more than happy with the loan signings of Tammy & Renato, but funding for players will have to be done in a different way in the future or we continue down the loan route.

Unless of course (as I believe) the Yanks will sell us on next season for a healthy profit (if we stay in the PL) after using the 30 million to purchase the lease of the stadium.
Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:40 - Sep 1 with 6206 viewsdailew

Welcome to the new paradigm .

Overspending is better.

Debt is good.

War is peace.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:48 - Sep 1 with 6173 viewsMo_Wives

Don't try and get to the next level. That's impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth: There is no next level

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:50 - Sep 1 with 6161 viewsShonky

Newcastle net spend of £20m.
Therefore they had a better window than us.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 15:55]

Its just a ride...

Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:47 - Sep 1 with 5946 viewsOldjack

I'm happy we've had worse windows

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:55 - Sep 1 with 5942 viewsswanforthemoney

Dead last in net spend yet again on 15:48 - Sep 1 by Mo_Wives

Don't try and get to the next level. That's impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth: There is no next level

Correct. Maintaining the status quo is the best we can expect without spending about 200 million quid.

I stand in the North Stand

Dead last in net spend yet again on 19:57 - Sep 1 with 5937 viewsCooperman

Do you honestly believe that playing squad of 01/09/17 is worse than that of 31/05/17?

You're just looking at a single metric and not the big picture.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dead last in net spend yet again on 20:19 - Sep 1 with 5912 viewsDr_Winston

Ending a transfer window in profit having clearly strengthened the team/squad is one of the first signs that perhaps some of the damage of the last three or four years is being reversed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024