Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level 22:06 - Sep 1 with 40561 viewsTheResurrection

The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 22:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:35 - Dec 3 with 3180 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:29 - Dec 3 by TheResurrection

No, I called you a beaut because you wanted to go to PayPal and ask for your money back to an illegal site....

So..... You beaut

In fairness Chris. it was months ago you called me a beaut first, and that was the most polite of terms you used.
In regards to the Paypal thing I have trialled a VPN which seems to have cured the original problem , so that one is on the back burner.
For the moment at least ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:39 - Dec 3 with 3164 viewsjasfan

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:34 - Dec 3 by Dr_Winston

Indeed.

We have to get the ball forward quicker and better. I think we could be doing that with the players we have, which is my biggest problem with Clement.

Yesterday's goal was a good example of that.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:24 - Dec 3 with 3096 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:34 - Dec 3 by Dr_Winston

Indeed.

We have to get the ball forward quicker and better. I think we could be doing that with the players we have, which is my biggest problem with Clement.

Exactly, and Mesa could really help here. He's been ticking us over nicely in midfield and getting us up to speed and gets dropped out of sight for no reason whatsoever.

I'd like to string Clement up for this.

People go on about the Siggy money but we've got £11m of that outcasted.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:15 - Dec 3 with 2994 viewsDr_Winston

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 18:24 - Dec 3 by TheResurrection

Exactly, and Mesa could really help here. He's been ticking us over nicely in midfield and getting us up to speed and gets dropped out of sight for no reason whatsoever.

I'd like to string Clement up for this.

People go on about the Siggy money but we've got £11m of that outcasted.

Back to basics.

A back four, with Mesa patrolling in front of them keeping the ball moving as part of a midfield trio with Abraham and Ayew (or Dyer) playing off Wilf. It's not what we had back in 2013, but it's a start and should be a lot more palatable than we've got now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 04:37 - Dec 4 with 2852 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:03 - Dec 3 by MyFinalHeaven

"Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park"

"Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show."

....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congrats you plum. We're dead last in the Premier League, broke the record for the least shots on target after 15 games, and have scored just 8 goals all season. Figures someone as impossibly stupid and thick as you, who thought we had the "best window ever" and said that this is "arguably the best squad" we've had since coming in the Premier League (dear God) could think such a preposterous thing. Jesus it's seriously mindnumbing how idiotic you are.

Haha, excellent Final Heaven.

The goofy loser is a a grade A moron, back to "not hiding" he goes.

His lack of self-awareness is quite stunning, though, surely a case for some in-depth studies at this point.

Just a fake internet toughman with nothing to say but bbullsshitt. And he says A LOT.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 04:39 - Dec 4 with 2851 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 16:30 - Dec 3 by STID2017

Neat Jack will be along in a minute to tell us how right The Res was and how the rest of us got it so woefully wrong

Spot on, STID.

The pack of brotherly idiots that are little res, Dimi, and Neefie are quite hilarious.

Maybe they should create their own forum?

Is Planet Idiots taken already?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 04:48 - Dec 4 with 2849 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:28 - Dec 3 by 34dfgdf54

To us he was worth more though Chris.

It doesn’t matter how is performances have been for Everton. He was in an equally poor squad last season with us, but his set piece goals, assists and open play contribution was a massive factor in the club pocketing another £100 plus mill of tv money.

Bony is one of my favourite all time Swans players, but he won’t score the goals Llorente did last year, just like Llorente wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for Gylfi. £30mill of that Siggy money had to go on a replacement in the AM role, if it wasn’t going to be, then Siggy shouldn’t have been sold no matter what the money.

Spot on, Risca.

I said it at the time, Siggy to us was worth more than £50m even. I knew we wouldn't properly replace him, and we didn't. Hopefully that'll be rectified in January, but I strongly doubt it will.

As for him just being a set piece merchant, just more little res bbullsshitt as always:

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 06:02 - Dec 4 with 2827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 04:48 - Dec 4 by Nirvana

Spot on, Risca.

I said it at the time, Siggy to us was worth more than £50m even. I knew we wouldn't properly replace him, and we didn't. Hopefully that'll be rectified in January, but I strongly doubt it will.

As for him just being a set piece merchant, just more little res bbullsshitt as always:

Is that the sum total of his first 4 months at Everton then?. Three goals? As much as the Res has "miscalculated" over this ill advised and conceived thread I don't think his views over Siggurdsson were ever far off the money.
It's the rest of it that's come crashing down.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 2702 viewsSTID2017

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 06:02 - Dec 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Is that the sum total of his first 4 months at Everton then?. Three goals? As much as the Res has "miscalculated" over this ill advised and conceived thread I don't think his views over Siggurdsson were ever far off the money.

It's not his value to any other club that concerned, it's what he and Llorente may have brought to our team this season. These two players value to us is immeasurable.
We all know this is hypothetical, as those two would probably have gone in the summer anyway.
However, to suggest that we have benefited more through the £60 million than we would have if both had been part of our squad this season is clearly an ill-founded argument.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 14:34 - Dec 5 with 2597 viewsDrizzy

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 06:02 - Dec 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Despite his predictably crap start in a lopsided Everton team he still has three times as many goals as the midfielders we brought in this summer.

Most sensible posters, who don't have a weird agenda against a player who was nothing but brilliant for us, agreed that £45m was outstanding business. The only concern was our ability to source effective replacements, which has sadly proven valid.

The Res has been wrong on nearly every footballing matter as this thread proves and it's only through abusive persistence that he strung along a merry band of eejits with him. You included, Bryn.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 14:35]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 14:39 - Dec 5 with 2580 viewsDarran

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 14:34 - Dec 5 by Drizzy

Despite his predictably crap start in a lopsided Everton team he still has three times as many goals as the midfielders we brought in this summer.

Most sensible posters, who don't have a weird agenda against a player who was nothing but brilliant for us, agreed that £45m was outstanding business. The only concern was our ability to source effective replacements, which has sadly proven valid.

The Res has been wrong on nearly every footballing matter as this thread proves and it's only through abusive persistence that he strung along a merry band of eejits with him. You included, Bryn.

Superbly put that Bynmill fella is thick as fuçk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:20 - Dec 8 with 2395 viewsNirvana

Umm, no, it's not, Bryn.

I get it, you don't like Siggy. We've been over that many times.

The guy is class, though, and despite no pre-season and being set up in a shoddy, formation-less formation for most of the season, he has still shown more than flashes of that class.

Now we're beginning to see it regularly, just as I said before the season started. It would take time with so many new players, and I thought Everton would be smart enough to sign a target man.

Either way, I'd rather have Siggy than Clucas/Sanches, it's a no-brainer. We definitely wouldn't be bottom of the table with 8 ffukkingg goals, no doubt.

To each his own, though.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:32 - Dec 8 with 2371 viewsjack247

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:20 - Dec 8 by Nirvana

Umm, no, it's not, Bryn.

The guy is class, though, and despite no pre-season and being set up in a shoddy, formation-less formation for most of the season, he has still shown more than flashes of that class.

Now we're beginning to see it regularly, just as I said before the season started. It would take time with so many new players, and I thought Everton would be smart enough to sign a target man.

Either way, I'd rather have Siggy than Clucas/Sanches, it's a no-brainer. We definitely wouldn't be bottom of the table with 8 ffukkingg goals, no doubt.

To each his own, though.

He was desperate to leave. Whether he refused to go to America and play for us, or whether that was the club protecting their windfall, he made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to be a Swansea City player this season.

After that, how well or not he does at Everton or how much he would improve our current team is pretty much irrelevant. It was simply about how much we could get for him, as it had to be.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 2340 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:32 - Dec 8 by jack247

He was desperate to leave. Whether he refused to go to America and play for us, or whether that was the club protecting their windfall, he made it abundantly clear he didn’t want to be a Swansea City player this season.

After that, how well or not he does at Everton or how much he would improve our current team is pretty much irrelevant. It was simply about how much we could get for him, as it had to be.

And that may all be true, 247.

But it wasn't the issue at hand.

Regardless, we could've convinced Siggy to stay, had we actually invested in quality and shown him there was organization at the top.

We didn't and he left.

Now we are ffukkedd royally.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 2327 viewswhoflungdung

Res intitial post looks odd now, especially looking at the comments regarding Naughton, a full back, who can't really put his foot through the ball, jump and head a ball nor put over a basic cross .Blown Way every time

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:05 - Dec 8 with 2292 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:46 - Dec 8 by whoflungdung

Res intitial post looks odd now, especially looking at the comments regarding Naughton, a full back, who can't really put his foot through the ball, jump and head a ball nor put over a basic cross .Blown Way every time

Anyone who thinks Naughton is a regular PL standard full back knows nothing about football
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:21 - Dec 8 with 2265 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:46 - Dec 8 by whoflungdung

Well said, Dung (and Pencoed).

Naughton is below average, at best, there's no way to sugarcoat it.

Terrified and hesitant going forward, and inconsistent and cowardly getting back.

To his credit, he has shown more dedication this season but he is who he is.

We need better, hopefully Arias in January.

Mitchell Weiser from Hertha would be ideal, though, Jenkins has no idea who he is.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:33 - Dec 8 with 2242 viewsJango

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 14:34 - Dec 5 by Drizzy

Or maybe the club could have invested in a far better number 10 for half the price and we wouldn’t be discussing this. Siggy has a wand of a right boot but when’s he’s unable to get a strike away or whip a ball into the box he offers nothing.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:35 - Dec 8 with 2240 viewsJango

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 20:20 - Dec 8 by Nirvana

Umm, no, it's not, Bryn.

To each his own, though.

Where were we this time last year with him in the team?
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:42 - Dec 8 with 2211 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:05 - Dec 8 by pencoedjack

Anyone who thinks Naughton is a regular PL standard full back knows nothing about football

Naughton is the least of our worries and one of our best players this season.

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:42 - Dec 8 with 2213 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:33 - Dec 8 by Jango

Or maybe the club could have invested in a far better number 10 for half the price and we wouldn’t be discussing this. Siggy has a wand of a right boot but when’s he’s unable to get a strike away or whip a ball into the box he offers nothing.

Bbullsshitt
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:45 - Dec 8 with 2205 viewsNirvana

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:35 - Dec 8 by Jango

With Bob ffukkingg Bradley as manager, you mean?

Literally the most incompetent manager ever in the PL.
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:47 - Dec 8 with 2197 viewspencoedjack

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:35 - Dec 8 by Jango

Well we (I) had the hope if a decent manager got hold of us we had the players (mainly Gylfi) to get us out of a mess

Now I’m thinking we got Sam Clucas / an overrated kid from Portugal / Chelsea

Opinions hey
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:47 - Dec 8 with 2195 viewsGaryjack

You'd swear we dismantled a top six side the way some are hailing Siggy and Llorente's worth to our side. Fact is, we stayed up by the skin of our teeth, some would even say by luck! They both wanted out FACT! We needed a new direction FACT! We got the transfer money to take that new direction FACT! We fvckin blew it FACT! End of story, let's stop going around in circles ffs!
Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:48 - Dec 8 with 2186 viewsTheResurrection

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level on 21:45 - Dec 8 by Nirvana

With Bob ffukkingg Bradley as manager, you mean?

Literally the most incompetent manager ever in the PL.

Hello Septic Vvank the all American plastic fantastic.

All these threats on pm giving you a boner or something?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024