Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
By my estimations .... 02:59 - Sep 24 with 12755 viewsLoyal

Clement is two games from the sack if this season is anything to go by.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

By my estimations .... on 08:38 - Sep 24 with 5839 viewsJethroJack

Nah, 4 games.
West Ham
International break
3 home games on the bounce...Huddersfield, Leicester & Utd in EFL Cup.
7pts & a Cup win required, please!
By my estimations .... on 08:47 - Sep 24 with 5813 viewsDewi1jack

By my estimations .... on 08:38 - Sep 24 by JethroJack

Nah, 4 games.
West Ham
International break
3 home games on the bounce...Huddersfield, Leicester & Utd in EFL Cup.
7pts & a Cup win required, please!

West Ham seems to be the team we sack managers just after.

Personally, I'd sack Beaky instead for such poor transfer window buys over the last 5 or 6 windows, leaving our squad bare of starting players.
Bringing players like Tabafatty, NGog and any waifs and strays playing in Scotland here, while fully allowing a manager to get rid of the likes of Hernandez (even an injured one gives us better options!!) Chico and a few other good players.
Selling off the family jewels replacing with made in Seoul plastic that breaks in a tackle.

Ah well.
Fuked your roofing business.
Fuked our club good and properly as well
Got your £millions this time though off the backs of many a supporter

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

By my estimations .... on 08:55 - Sep 24 with 5785 viewsBorojack

By my estimations .... on 08:47 - Sep 24 by Dewi1jack

West Ham seems to be the team we sack managers just after.

Personally, I'd sack Beaky instead for such poor transfer window buys over the last 5 or 6 windows, leaving our squad bare of starting players.
Bringing players like Tabafatty, NGog and any waifs and strays playing in Scotland here, while fully allowing a manager to get rid of the likes of Hernandez (even an injured one gives us better options!!) Chico and a few other good players.
Selling off the family jewels replacing with made in Seoul plastic that breaks in a tackle.

Ah well.
Fuked your roofing business.
Fuked our club good and properly as well
Got your £millions this time though off the backs of many a supporter

Fukced trust yes
Fukced roofing company yes.
Club can t agree with that one this is our 7th season in the PL we were struggling in League 2 when he came in.
Can't beat a Planet Swans over reaction after a defeat.
We were Shite though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

By my estimations .... on 09:00 - Sep 24 with 5760 viewsSTID2017

If he comes out of the three league games unbeaten, he'l be okay.
The Manure game means nothing
Personally a bad run up to and including the Brighton game would be his undoing
However, after seeing the first half yesterday and knowing it was all his fault, I think he will have the sense to change his thinking, start with Mesa and be going out to win every game, rather than not losing

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

By my estimations .... on 09:03 - Sep 24 with 5740 viewsDewi1jack

By my estimations .... on 08:55 - Sep 24 by Borojack

Fukced trust yes
Club can t agree with that one this is our 7th season in the PL we were struggling in League 2 when he came in.
We were Shite though.

Past glories.
Yes he helped make sure our club survived and for that we'll all be grateful.

But do you really think this squad of players is better than we had under Loudstrop?
Or even under Brenda?
We still have Wayne, Angel and Leon- all excellent for the club in their prime.
Now 7 years older, slower and more injury prone. But all on extended contracts

Better individual players in certain positions granted (Lukasz over Dracula for a starter!!)
but a far worse squad of players looking capable of playing reasonable football as a team.
Sousa had taught Brenda's team how to defend, coupled with the Tapas waiters plan A (score more than the opposition) made for a good TEAM

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

By my estimations .... on 09:05 - Sep 24 with 5731 viewsBorojack

By my estimations .... on 09:00 - Sep 24 by STID2017

If he comes out of the three league games unbeaten, he'l be okay.
The Manure game means nothing
Personally a bad run up to and including the Brighton game would be his undoing
However, after seeing the first half yesterday and knowing it was all his fault, I think he will have the sense to change his thinking, start with Mesa and be going out to win every game, rather than not losing

Hope so managers can be stubborn mind.
Monk insisted on picking Bartley and Gomis right up to his sacking.
It seemed obvious to everyone else it was a mistake.

By my estimations .... on 09:06 - Sep 24 with 5718 viewsDracan66

Fukced trust yes
We were Shite though.

My feelings are that a loss to West Ham, Draw to Huddersfield and a loss to Leicester would be enough to call Clements tenure into question. The selection policy at home is baffling against teams of a similar ilk, we lack guile, width and pace and to a degree have our hopes pinned on 2 players that aren't at the cutting edge of match fitness ie Wilf and Sanchez.
By my estimations .... on 09:12 - Sep 24 with 5695 viewsBorojack

By my estimations .... on 09:03 - Sep 24 by Dewi1jack

Past glories.
Yes he helped make sure our club survived and for that we'll all be grateful.

But do you really think this squad of players is better than we had under Loudstrop?
Or even under Brenda?
We still have Wayne, Angel and Leon- all excellent for the club in their prime.
Now 7 years older, slower and more injury prone. But all on extended contracts

Better individual players in certain positions granted (Lukasz over Dracula for a starter!!)
but a far worse squad of players looking capable of playing reasonable football as a team.
Sousa had taught Brenda's team how to defend, coupled with the Tapas waiters plan A (score more than the opposition) made for a good TEAM

No I don't think this side is a patch on the Laudrup side.
But we are still in the PL how many promoted sides can you think of that have lasted 7 seasons.
I cant think of many.
We have a decent side personally I would like to see us play with more width.
And the play needs to be quicker.
Also need to ditch 5 at the back or at least at home anyway against the likes of Watford Huddersfield Brighton Etc we are better than that.

Login to get fewer ads

By my estimations .... on 09:20 - Sep 24 with 5661 viewspencoedjack

By my estimations .... on 09:12 - Sep 24 by Borojack

But we are still in the PL how many promoted sides can you think of that have lasted 7 seasons.
I cant think of many.
Also need to ditch 5 at the back or at least at home anyway against the likes of Watford Huddersfield Brighton Etc we are better than that.

Can't see we have the personnel to play with real width Boro.

How was Majorca?
By my estimations .... on 09:24 - Sep 24 with 5650 viewsBillyChong

By my estimations .... on 09:06 - Sep 24 by Dracan66

My feelings are that a loss to West Ham, Draw to Huddersfield and a loss to Leicester would be enough to call Clements tenure into question. The selection policy at home is baffling against teams of a similar ilk, we lack guile, width and pace and to a degree have our hopes pinned on 2 players that aren't at the cutting edge of match fitness ie Wilf and Sanchez.

Match fitness will be an issue when we wait until the last minute of the window to sign players. No time to settle in and for the manager to try things pre season.
By my estimations .... on 09:32 - Sep 24 with 5625 viewsWarwickHunt

Fukced trust yes
We were Shite though.

We've been a motorway pile-up of a club ever since he appointed himself DoF and took control.
By my estimations .... on 09:54 - Sep 24 with 5562 viewsclloy2

By my estimations .... on 09:32 - Sep 24 by WarwickHunt

We've been a motorway pile-up of a club ever since he appointed himself DoF and took control.

That's probably a fair point, in that the DOF has too much influence, we cant attract good managers because they are unhappy with the said DOF role, which he is not qualified to do, and as a result we have ended up with a coach trying to do a managers job, and that results in the garbage which was served up yesterday (first half) and v Newcastle whereby that set up and team would have struggled to beat a league 1 team. So the DOF got us in this mess, he is paid handsomely, so would expect the Americans to step in and sort this out, otherwise their prized investment will be no longer, and the championship here we come.
By my estimations .... on 09:58 - Sep 24 with 5539 viewswhoflungdung

We ve sold pretty well and bought abysmally

Nowt wrong with profit but seem unable to bring in better players

Last year we had two players who saved us. This season, so far,we haven't

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

By my estimations .... on 10:01 - Sep 24 with 5523 viewsicecoldjack

By my estimations .... on 09:12 - Sep 24 by Borojack

I cant think of many.

I have to say that IMO Laudrups team in the premier league today would probably finish top 6 , i think we've stayed up season after season because the overall standard of premier league football has got poorer season after season .

I genuinely think thats the case.

The standard of player brought in has been lower yet we have maintained status despite having no football ethos,tactical awarness or long term planning.

Paying £ 17m for Clucus says everything, we know the fees are crazy but he's not even worth half that! people tell me he isn't a defensive minded player, yet he can apparently play full back ! if he's box to box like some suggest does anybody think he looks any better on the ball than JDG, Ki , Canas or even Darren Pratley who quite frankly would smoke this kid in his prime. Consider he cost more than all those players put together!

I understand Clucas is playing a deep role in the team but the guy doesn't even show for the ball or take on responsibility with the ball, 26 yrs old so the finished product too .

Standards are far lower nowadays, it never used to be the way that new clubs came up to the premier league and looked so comfortable so quickly. Newcastle, while being a big club with plenty of money looked like they'd been in the premier league 7 yrs and us newly promoted and finding our feet!

We are steadily falling behind newly promoted clubs, thats how poor our recruitment and use of money has become, no way on this fookin' planet do we need a steady eddy midfield player who just got relegated for £17m quid ! thats just reckless, we've been doing this kind of thing for a few seasons but thanks to lowering standards we've got away with buying dross, problem now is that our old players are actually too old to pull us out the sh1t !

7 seasons.
the first 2 were because of exceptional coaches,superb signings and a continential style of play that signed players fitted into.
3rd season, fell apart as the chairmans ego came into play, the team had enough skill to do ok after injurys returned.
4 th season, had class players a fresh approach,started selling off class and replacing with identikit prem average joes .
5 th season, most class players removed, plenty of average joes, including average manager, a lucky dip signing keeps us up .
6 th season, lucky dip signing sold, captain sold but not replaced correctly, replaced with rookie who was cheap , dross manager, terrible coaching, more average players than ever before., new manager/coach inspired and coached average players to maybe over acheive.
7 th season, plenty of average joe players, best 2 players from previous dross season sold not replaced with equal quality, rookie players come in, average joe players are the main stay of team.

Basically the sliding scale into prem cannon fodder where we hover around waiting to drop into obscurity ala Wigan,Sunderland,Villa it just doesn't have to be this way either which really pee s everyone off !!
By my estimations .... on 10:17 - Sep 24 with 5442 viewsclloy2

By my estimations .... on 10:01 - Sep 24 by icecoldjack

I have to say that IMO Laudrups team in the premier league today would probably finish top 6 , i think we've stayed up season after season because the overall standard of premier league football has got poorer season after season .

The standard of player brought in has been lower yet we have maintained status despite having no football ethos,tactical awarness or long term planning.

Paying £ 17m for Clucus says everything, we know the fees are crazy but he's not even worth half that! people tell me he isn't a defensive minded player, yet he can apparently play full back ! if he's box to box like some suggest does anybody think he looks any better on the ball than JDG, Ki , Canas or even Darren Pratley who quite frankly would smoke this kid in his prime. Consider he cost more than all those players put together!

I understand Clucas is playing a deep role in the team but the guy doesn't even show for the ball or take on responsibility with the ball, 26 yrs old so the finished product too .

Standards are far lower nowadays, it never used to be the way that new clubs came up to the premier league and looked so comfortable so quickly. Newcastle, while being a big club with plenty of money looked like they'd been in the premier league 7 yrs and us newly promoted and finding our feet!

We are steadily falling behind newly promoted clubs, thats how poor our recruitment and use of money has become, no way on this fookin' planet do we need a steady eddy midfield player who just got relegated for £17m quid ! thats just reckless, we've been doing this kind of thing for a few seasons but thanks to lowering standards we've got away with buying dross, problem now is that our old players are actually too old to pull us out the sh1t !

7 seasons.
the first 2 were because of exceptional coaches,superb signings and a continential style of play that signed players fitted into.
3rd season, fell apart as the chairmans ego came into play, the team had enough skill to do ok after injurys returned.
4 th season, had class players a fresh approach,started selling off class and replacing with identikit prem average joes .
5 th season, most class players removed, plenty of average joes, including average manager, a lucky dip signing keeps us up .
6 th season, lucky dip signing sold, captain sold but not replaced correctly, replaced with rookie who was cheap , dross manager, terrible coaching, more average players than ever before., new manager/coach inspired and coached average players to maybe over acheive.
7 th season, plenty of average joe players, best 2 players from previous dross season sold not replaced with equal quality, rookie players come in, average joe players are the main stay of team.

Basically the sliding scale into prem cannon fodder where we hover around waiting to drop into obscurity ala Wigan,Sunderland,Villa it just doesn't have to be this way either which really pee s everyone off !!

Pretty much spot on, we are being badly run off the pitch as we are playing on it.
Treating the PL with contempt and disrespect will eventually catch us out, but you are absolutely right, it shouldn't have to be that way.
Why when we all knew that certainly Siggy was going at the end of last season, and probably Llorente, did we fail to do our business early and ahead of the season, instead we waited until the last week of the window and to the last day, we even missed the bloody deadline with the Barnsley full back for Gods sake. People are being paid good money to do important roles at this club. We were hugely fortunate last season, but we will get caught out eventually.
By my estimations .... on 10:22 - Sep 24 with 5413 viewsBorojack

By my estimations .... on 09:20 - Sep 24 by pencoedjack

Can't see we have the personnel to play with real width Boro.

How was Majorca?

Yes Majorca was nice mate had to pay 30 Euros to find a pub showing the Spurs game Paguura is nice but mostly Germans there.
How was your holiday

By my estimations .... on 11:20 - Sep 24 with 5310 viewsicecoldjack

By my estimations .... on 10:17 - Sep 24 by clloy2

Pretty much spot on, we are being badly run off the pitch as we are playing on it.
Treating the PL with contempt and disrespect will eventually catch us out, but you are absolutely right, it shouldn't have to be that way.
Why when we all knew that certainly Siggy was going at the end of last season, and probably Llorente, did we fail to do our business early and ahead of the season, instead we waited until the last week of the window and to the last day, we even missed the bloody deadline with the Barnsley full back for Gods sake. People are being paid good money to do important roles at this club. We were hugely fortunate last season, but we will get caught out eventually.

Thats the club trying to be clever, but also i understand that many clubs and players wait til the last moment for the merry go round to start and sometimes being a smaller club we have to wait our turn in the food chain .

However, there is no excuse for certain signings IMO. We are a big fish in Europe and in other leagues so this should not affect us too much, maybe the odd player but certainly not a player from Barnsley !!

Truth is there are loads of great players playing europe but have no fookin clue about most. Chadli,Bony,Clucas all hugely expensive where if the club was run correctly we'd sign someone better for cheaper.

It all starts at the top, i said months ago that clement like FG may be managing the club with one arm tied behind his back, that ain't gonna end well in so many ways!
The manager saying he's happy with his squad after us selling Siggy and Llorenete and not replacing correctly is nonsense, its much harder for clement to coach now, he has no set piece game and has to find a new way to find goals, all in a month or two or he's sacked!

It's just all a bit of a mess, the only way forward is to fook of Jenkins and this system of penny pinching in the wrong areas.
I'd rather see us save £15m quid on clucas and pay 5 good scouts for a few years to get some good talent abroad, if we carry on spunking away good money on rubbish its only a matter of time before the club gets relegated, and we wont be selling any of those players either as they are mostly not good enough for other prem teams.
By my estimations .... on 11:46 - Sep 24 with 5240 viewsawayjack

7 seasons.

What's frustrating is we were a solid mid-table with style that attracted players when our ego Chair took over as DOF, and other so called small clubs like Watford, Burnley and Bournemouth have pace and style to play us off the park. It's staggering how so many still can't see difference between his achivements as Chairman and shambles as unqualified DoF.
By my estimations .... on 11:54 - Sep 24 with 5216 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement will quickly lose the dressing room if he keeps blaming the players for his fk up like he did yesterday. We could of won that match yesterday if he had started the team that finished. I don't rate him myself.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

By my estimations .... on 12:08 - Sep 24 with 5184 viewsangryjack

Sack the negative tw@t now
By my estimations .... on 12:14 - Sep 24 with 5158 viewsJJJack

7 seasons.

This post is so good it should be a sticky!
Prem standards dropped after 2013. Hence we have been able to stay up comfortably despite having progressively worse squads. Results for Prem sides in Europe prove how poor the league has truly been in recent years. Laudrup's squad last season would have strolled into the top 8.
Your comparisons with Wigan, Sunderland, Villa etc is spot on. We now have no ethos, shape, flair and hardly any goals in the squad.
We won't last much longer
By my estimations .... on 12:19 - Sep 24 with 5145 viewsyescomeon

I'd be "happy" to see him go now. But who the hell would take over. If we're going down I want to see us go down with a fight, not whatever that was yesterday.

Upthecity!

By my estimations .... on 12:27 - Sep 24 with 5111 viewspencoedjack

By my estimations .... on 10:22 - Sep 24 by Borojack

Yes Majorca was nice mate had to pay 30 Euros to find a pub showing the Spurs game Paguura is nice but mostly Germans there.
How was your holiday

Also nice ... there were a lot of Germans when I stayed there as well.

If I'd known you had to get a taxi somewhere we should of met up to watch the game I was pretty close to your resort & had to watch with a Spurs fan

Hindsight a wonderful thing
By my estimations .... on 12:30 - Sep 24 with 5098 viewsTheKirkyLife

By my estimations .... on 12:19 - Sep 24 by yescomeon

I'd be "happy" to see him go now. But who the hell would take over. If we're going down I want to see us go down with a fight, not whatever that was yesterday.

There are some good managers out there (Enrique, Tuschel) but why on earth they would come to Swansea is anyone's guess. Mind you Rafa went to Newcastle...
By my estimations .... on 13:01 - Sep 24 with 4986 viewsclloy2

By my estimations .... on 12:30 - Sep 24 by TheKirkyLife

There are some good managers out there (Enrique, Tuschel) but why on earth they would come to Swansea is anyone's guess. Mind you Rafa went to Newcastle...

I think a lot of good managers would be put off by some of the negative publicity we have been associated with since Laudrop left, clearly changing your manager every year, wouldn't be ideal in a lot of candidates eyes. We are being run on the cheap, with very short term ambitions, basically survive the drop on a season by season basis. But the biggest issue most would have would be the interference from others notably DOF in our case, meaning the manager doesn't have full control. Right now Swansea is lacking any DNA, that marks us out or gives us an identity.
Finally with regards to Clucas, I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, and until such time he is given a chance in his rightful position, namely a box to box attacking left side midfielder. At the moment PC is playing him almost as a 4th centre half, which is bizarre. Its no fault of his that he looks lost and out of sorts, and his confidence is going by the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024