Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! 17:05 - Sep 30 with 8494 viewsTheResurrection

we were playing for the draw and Clement is doing his best to ruin Clucas' career. First he's played him in the holding role in midfield and now at facking left back.

Clement - i'm not so sure mate. This is a critical time for you and right now you can be rightly looking at the sack.

We, do though, need to remember our first half performance, Bony, Sanches and the defence and midfield ticked over nicely, if not spectacularly.

These are the sorts of platforms we need to build on.

But Clement clearly sends the signals out there to slow the game down - for example, all our free kicks or throw ins. There's NOTHING on, NOTHING!!! We need players who want the ball and if they make the odd mistake a la Sanches now and again, then so be it, we need to be all over these dead balls - but Clement wants us all to look around, make sure our positions are covered, have someone amble up to the ball before 9 times out of 10 giving the facking ball back to them.

If he went tomorrow, after the last few weeks, I wouldnt be sorry.. Mesa is that player who will want the ball all the time but Clement is sapping all his confidence away from him and he's becoming robotiicised.

Sort it out Clement!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:28 - Sep 30 with 2243 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:07 - Sep 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

You've knocked Siggy & Llorente stats all year you eda .

It means fack all you said .

😂

Facking hell ,come on mate

What stats have I knocked?

Siggy having an average of 22 facking touches a game? TWENTY FACKING TWO???

Llorente having the worst back to goal game in the EPL, pass completion on a par with Fabianski?

We need to see possession back up plus 50%, like the first half today, 65%. More passes between centre halves and Mesa coming looking for the ball and getting us on it, quicker tempo, less kick outs from Fabianski - what's all that about, every time he goes long, more confidence on the ball.

This squad can do that better than last seasons. That's a stat.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:35 - Sep 30 with 2238 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:11 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

why is it that so many on this forum choose to focus and thrive on the negatives?

the dullard calls it being realistic - yet offering no realistic way forward

conclusion: many on here clearly have no real appreciation of the game, plastics maybe - fair weather 'fans' for sure

Sums it up nicely mate.

Tommy's neck deep in the bottle of a beer glass at the best of times. He's going the extra 9 yards lately.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:40 - Sep 30 with 2215 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:28 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

What stats have I knocked?

Siggy having an average of 22 facking touches a game? TWENTY FACKING TWO???

Llorente having the worst back to goal game in the EPL, pass completion on a par with Fabianski?

We need to see possession back up plus 50%, like the first half today, 65%. More passes between centre halves and Mesa coming looking for the ball and getting us on it, quicker tempo, less kick outs from Fabianski - what's all that about, every time he goes long, more confidence on the ball.

This squad can do that better than last seasons. That's a stat.

You've just knocked 22 stats 😂

Then you knocked Llorente stats in the same breath.

😂

You are always knocking stats .

It's goals

Not stats that'll keep us up

Forget about a dream back to the Swansea way

It's over
It's gone

Ki & Leon are the last remnants of that era .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:51 - Sep 30 with 2176 viewsZZoric

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:40 - Sep 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

You've just knocked 22 stats 😂

Then you knocked Llorente stats in the same breath.

😂

You are always knocking stats .

It's goals

Not stats that'll keep us up

Forget about a dream back to the Swansea way

It's over
It's gone

Ki & Leon are the last remnants of that era .

so, not sure what ur advocating. whats the way fwd ?
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 08:07 - Oct 1 with 2132 viewsjack247

Agree completely with the opening post here (see Res. I don't always disagree).

First half we absolutely dominated them whilst still looking toothless up front, we must have had 65-70% possession. Whilst I can understand why people are crying out for wingers, we controlled the midfield as our players were slightly narrower and we outnumbered them in the middle. Leon ticked things over, I'm really not sure why Mesa isn't trusted to do that. I'd be happy with Leon getting an hour and Mesa half and hour for the time being though, at least it means our midfield will have a fulcrum. Sanches, yes, he gave the ball away, but I thought he showed more understanding of his role for us as opposed to his role in more dominant teams.

We also seemed to get a lot of crosses in. Whether it's not enough movement in the box, desire (I fcking hope not) or the fact we hadn't pulled West Ham's defence out of position enough before getting the cross in and they were well set to deal with it, I'm not really sure. We didn't used to get that many crosses in with wingers though.

Bony still seems to be easing his way in. I know it took him a while last time, but its starting to frustrate a bit now. He's been here a month and presumably had a pre season with City. He shows glimpses of real quality, just looks like he is lacking sharpness. It's becoming more and more obvious we are going to be relying heavily on him, because Tammy isn't suited to leading the line and Ayew is more of a utility forward than a striker.

Second half, they obviously came into it more, we lost our rhythm and it was scrappy. They had the better chances. Game of two halves and like last week, a draw probably would have been a fair result. It's hard to say that with much conviction when we look so hesitant in and around their box though. We should be able to get a functioning strike force out of the players we have, if he manages that we will be fine. If they remain as blunt as yesterday, we are going to be losing games we have looked the better team in.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 09:30 - Oct 1 with 2093 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 08:07 - Oct 1 by jack247

Agree completely with the opening post here (see Res. I don't always disagree).

First half we absolutely dominated them whilst still looking toothless up front, we must have had 65-70% possession. Whilst I can understand why people are crying out for wingers, we controlled the midfield as our players were slightly narrower and we outnumbered them in the middle. Leon ticked things over, I'm really not sure why Mesa isn't trusted to do that. I'd be happy with Leon getting an hour and Mesa half and hour for the time being though, at least it means our midfield will have a fulcrum. Sanches, yes, he gave the ball away, but I thought he showed more understanding of his role for us as opposed to his role in more dominant teams.

We also seemed to get a lot of crosses in. Whether it's not enough movement in the box, desire (I fcking hope not) or the fact we hadn't pulled West Ham's defence out of position enough before getting the cross in and they were well set to deal with it, I'm not really sure. We didn't used to get that many crosses in with wingers though.

Bony still seems to be easing his way in. I know it took him a while last time, but its starting to frustrate a bit now. He's been here a month and presumably had a pre season with City. He shows glimpses of real quality, just looks like he is lacking sharpness. It's becoming more and more obvious we are going to be relying heavily on him, because Tammy isn't suited to leading the line and Ayew is more of a utility forward than a striker.

Second half, they obviously came into it more, we lost our rhythm and it was scrappy. They had the better chances. Game of two halves and like last week, a draw probably would have been a fair result. It's hard to say that with much conviction when we look so hesitant in and around their box though. We should be able to get a functioning strike force out of the players we have, if he manages that we will be fine. If they remain as blunt as yesterday, we are going to be losing games we have looked the better team in.

We really missed Bony yesterday. I was gutted hearing he'd gone off as Tammy just wasn't in it whatsoever and everything good up front, well anything at all really, came from Bony.

There maybe an argument for a bit more sharpness but it's not a big one at the moment. Seeing him drop off and hold it up for us, or even turn to face goal was a welcome breath of fresh air. I thought Tammy was too close to him and almost followed him around. I'm guessing Clement was talking about Tammy in terms of lack of movement because I noticed it throughout.

The crosses we put in aren't from the right area so 9 times out of ten are no point putting in at all. They are hopeful diagonals easily defended and even with 4 strikers in the box they are very difficult to attack or even find space for. Tammy could have been pulling their centre halves around a lot more, he did this against Watford but not yesterday.

The problems we're having now should have all been ironed out in pre season or at least before this stage of the season but hanging on to Siggy and Llorente for so facking long was ludicrous. It made no sense and is the product of us settling in and finding our groove.

We need Bony though, he's our main man this season and we need him on the pitch. I never thought I'd say this but thank fack for the international break.

On that showing yesterday we could drop Tammy and go 5 in midfield with Bony up top. Tammy could come on later in the game. It would give us a chance to put someone pacey in midfield along with Leon or Mesa, that's if Clement is done with trying to ruin his career.

My vote for that extra midfield player with pace would be Nathan Dyer. A bit of a hopeful punt from me but I'm hoping he fancies resurrecting his career again and at his age should still be able to show what he can do.

We've lost our wing play, the Angel and Dyer show especially. But we can still use Nathan and his feet and pace around Bony would be useful to see.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 11:13 - Oct 1 with 2058 viewswhoflungdung

I truly hope Bony makes it but resigning him was a gamble and we don't need to do that.

Sanches also a gamble

Just why ,why are we so profligate with profit

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 11:32 - Oct 1 with 2043 viewsmonmouth

I agree with Chris. I wrongly blamed clement for replacing Bony with Fer as the catch up stream started mid second half, didn't realise he was injured. I thought Bony was the cause of much of our first half fluency and why I thought chances might come second half. He has to start if fit.

I would persevere with Abraham alongside for a few games yet. He's a young inexperienced player, so will be inconsistent, but he is always looking to sniff out a chance.

Nathan is an interesting one. In the small cameos he played, and even in the few minutes before his injury, I thought he was looking sharp, quick and hungry. Achilles injuries slow you down though, never mind bad ones, so we'll need to see. He should be part of the equation, and I wouldn't write him off. I'm always surprised that Michu is so loved and Dyer not, as he was a massive part of outr most attractive and successful style.

If we could just get an early goal against Hudds, everything would change. Everybody would relax and maybe we could start to really try and play. The virtuous circle.

Note to Paul Clement though, We've got to want to and be 'allowed' to. Hudds is probably your last chance to prove you can facilitate that. If we are 0-0 and passing backwards and sideways in front of 9 Hudds defenders (I've watched them) then expect a vicious circle. Or indeed ifwe got an early goal and reverted to bus parking mode. It would all inevitably go tits up.

Big game for everybody this one. We all need to be up for it. Could be pivotal.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 11:32]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 15:56 - Oct 1 with 1958 viewsSTID2017

If only we had a player who could take a decent dead ball and either score or put it in there for a great header of the ball to bury it ... oh wait, we used to

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 16:33 - Oct 1 with 1931 viewsJackflack

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 15:56 - Oct 1 by STID2017

If only we had a player who could take a decent dead ball and either score or put it in there for a great header of the ball to bury it ... oh wait, we used to

I just saw said player playing in Everton's defeat at home to Burnley.
And I thought we had problems

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:33 - Oct 1 with 1903 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 15:56 - Oct 1 by STID2017

We'd be having the exact same problems and worse with those two still here.

Keeping Llorente would've been a much bigger gamble than swapping him for Bony.

He scored a lot last season, the most he's ever done wasn't it? There was a cat in hell's chance of that happening again.

With Siggy and Llorente we'd have been even slower in the build up and a wardrobe with a poor first touch to bring up the midfield.

Just look at what they're doing now. Move on FFS.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 19:37 - Oct 1 with 1843 viewsSTID2017

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:33 - Oct 1 by TheResurrection

We'd be having the exact same problems and worse with those two still here.

Keeping Llorente would've been a much bigger gamble than swapping him for Bony.

He scored a lot last season, the most he's ever done wasn't it? There was a cat in hell's chance of that happening again.

With Siggy and Llorente we'd have been even slower in the build up and a wardrobe with a poor first touch to bring up the midfield.

Just look at what they're doing now. Move on FFS.

How can you justify an argument tha we are better off withoutt two players who contributed 25 + goals, without other contributions to other players goals (in what was a side which was struggling mind) .?
However they are performing or not for their new clubs, their contribution is being missed in our goals tally so far this season.
3 in seven games - if this continues we'll get less than 25 goals this season.
How can you possibly justify that Chris ?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 19:39 - Oct 1 with 1835 viewscostalotta

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 19:37 - Oct 1 by STID2017

How can you justify an argument tha we are better off withoutt two players who contributed 25 + goals, without other contributions to other players goals (in what was a side which was struggling mind) .?
However they are performing or not for their new clubs, their contribution is being missed in our goals tally so far this season.

In fairness to Res he's taken a leap of faith, in that he believes we will start to score the goals needed (to win games) and they'll be spread around the team.

Time will tell.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 19:48 - Oct 1 with 1826 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 19:37 - Oct 1 by STID2017

The past is never a guarantee for the future so this 25 + is just a meaningless statistic now.

And we are 7 games in FFS, not 38 so until every game has passed you can't compare.

You really need to grow up a bit as well. Like a little girl pining after her little one trick pony.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:12 - Oct 1 with 1775 viewsmonmouth

Yay, 22 one-nillers, that's 66 points, plus our 5 = 71. Happy days.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:19 - Oct 1 with 1758 viewsLoyal

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:12 - Sep 30 by nyc_swans

not sure he can sort it out.

he doesn't have any creative players. it's such an obvious need. can complain about clement all you want, but how is the squad, as constructed, going to score goals and create chances? it won't.

If Sanches and Mesa are not creative enough then I'm lost for words.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 09:45 - Oct 2 with 1682 viewsgiantstoneater

We lack a playmaker who would have taken the game by the scruff of the neck but we need more movement up top we are far too static. Balls into the box should be put in at pace and someone needs to be attacking them, the only quality in the match was the ball in and the finish.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 10:45 - Oct 2 with 1651 viewswhoflungdung

Makes one wonder what they do at training all week

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 11:41 - Oct 2 with 1617 viewsKerouac

We had a shite transfer window again. We didn't buy any attacking midfielders or wingers...we have struggled with; going past defenders, playing the final ball, crossing well
for a long, long time.

At the mo. I'd give this a whirl and tell them to go express themselves (a big problem though is that Bony, Abraham, Ayew, Sanches, Clucas and Mesa are playing together for the first time....they are yet to get on each other's wavelength, and might never do unfortunately);

------------------------- Fabianski ---------------------------
---------- Fernandez ------------ Mawson ---------------
Naughton ------------------------------------------ Olsson
------------------- Mesa ---- Carroll/Leon ----------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ayew/Narsingh --- Sanches/Fer ------------ Clucas --
-----------------------Bony/Abraham ----------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 11:48 - Oct 2 with 1610 viewsjack247

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 09:45 - Oct 2 by giantstoneater

We lack a playmaker who would have taken the game by the scruff of the neck but we need more movement up top we are far too static. Balls into the box should be put in at pace and someone needs to be attacking them, the only quality in the match was the ball in and the finish.

Yes, the movement off the ball is a big part of it. How often, already, have we seen Sanches and Mesa carrying the ball with their arms out by their sides imploring their team mates to give them options?

I wouldn't expect Bony to do it. He needs to be relatively central. Others need to be making runs and dragging defenders out of position.

One major problem with always keeping our shape, is it allows the opposition to do the same.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:57 - Apr 16 with 987 viewsTheResurrection

S.exuallyT.ransmitted.I.Disease2017

It seems I was on Clement's case after the West Ham game.

"Most of us" you say? Well, no... not you.

Worst poster this site has ever witnessed. Some accolade that.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 06:47 - Apr 17 with 857 viewsSTID2017

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:57 - Apr 16 by TheResurrection

S.exuallyT.ransmitted.I.Disease2017

It seems I was on Clement's case after the West Ham game.

"Most of us" you say? Well, no... not you.

Worst poster this site has ever witnessed. Some accolade that.

Why so angry and abusive ?
Is it because you feel you cannot put your point across or win a discussion with getting resorting to childish tantrums ?
Shame.
Never mind.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 11:31 - Apr 17 with 779 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 06:47 - Apr 17 by STID2017

Why so angry and abusive ?
Is it because you feel you cannot put your point across or win a discussion with getting resorting to childish tantrums ?
Shame.
Never mind.

No, it's because I'm dealing with utter simpletons like yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024