Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! 17:05 - Sep 30 with 8497 viewsTheResurrection

we were playing for the draw and Clement is doing his best to ruin Clucas' career. First he's played him in the holding role in midfield and now at facking left back.

Clement - i'm not so sure mate. This is a critical time for you and right now you can be rightly looking at the sack.

We, do though, need to remember our first half performance, Bony, Sanches and the defence and midfield ticked over nicely, if not spectacularly.

These are the sorts of platforms we need to build on.

But Clement clearly sends the signals out there to slow the game down - for example, all our free kicks or throw ins. There's NOTHING on, NOTHING!!! We need players who want the ball and if they make the odd mistake a la Sanches now and again, then so be it, we need to be all over these dead balls - but Clement wants us all to look around, make sure our positions are covered, have someone amble up to the ball before 9 times out of 10 giving the facking ball back to them.

If he went tomorrow, after the last few weeks, I wouldnt be sorry.. Mesa is that player who will want the ball all the time but Clement is sapping all his confidence away from him and he's becoming robotiicised.

Sort it out Clement!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:00 - Sep 30 with 1356 viewspencoedjack

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:57 - Sep 30 by DafyddHuw

Never mind guys. I remember some footballing genius saying how much better we are without Gylfi and Fernando,
And he was so right. Lokk at how we create and convert scoring chances. Look at our style of play,. Look at our position in the league.

Take a bow butt.

No doubt 'fast free flowing football' is imminent
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:00 - Sep 30 with 1356 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:50 - Sep 30 by pencoedjack

Keep believing it Chris.

FFF you honestly think we are anywhere near it ? We are a very very poor side, our best 2 players were sold in the summer & was not invested correctly.

That's the facts & I don't need to write a long post to explain it ..... if you cant see it I am amazed tbh.

I can see it mate, clearly.

There were times in the first half it was like watching us of old. We dominated them but free flowing football is only going to come with an air of arrogance and confidence. That's not going to come as easily when we revert back to anti-football.

It's simple.

2nd half v Watford and 1st half v West Ham will breed better football. It will make us believe and expand and excite us a bit more.

Other times under Clement will only box us in to being one dimensional and that's safety first, boring to watch and rigid.

Start getting the balance right, pick the players to get us on the ball more and dictate the tempo, get us passing more and keeping the ball and then the cocky, arrogant, confident side will come back.

At this moment, Clement is KILLING that side of our game.

He's in big trouble tonight,
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 18:11]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:01 - Sep 30 with 1354 viewsploppy

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:57 - Sep 30 by DafyddHuw

Never mind guys. I remember some footballing genius saying how much better we are without Gylfi and Fernando,
And he was so right. Lokk at how we create and convert scoring chances. Look at our style of play,. Look at our position in the league.

Take a bow butt.

Did you see us against West Ham away last year?
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:06 - Sep 30 with 1339 viewsZZoric

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:50 - Sep 30 by pencoedjack

Keep believing it Chris.

FFF you honestly think we are anywhere near it ? We are a very very poor side, our best 2 players were sold in the summer & was not invested correctly.

That's the facts & I don't need to write a long post to explain it ..... if you cant see it I am amazed tbh.

serious question: did u not recognise nor enjoy how we set-up and were clearly the better team in the 1st half ?

can you not see how that was and is a platform for ongoing improvement ?

the likes of Mesa and Tammy Im sure will learn and develop under the tutelage of Leon and Bony

maybe a stint of Mesa alongside Leon - forcing him into a more advanced role could help him thrive and give him the space to gain confidence and drive on
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:07 - Sep 30 with 1336 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:53 - Sep 30 by ploppy

I thought we looked tidy in the first half with Ayew in the hole. Haven't seen us playing through the lines like that for a while. Didn't see Ayew second half though. Clement would have been better leaving things as they were and putting someone on in place of Bony (Narsingh probably).

And if Olsson wasn't injured, Clement needs shooting.

Exactly mate.1 of THE best football posters on here by any stretch.

And you nailed it with between the lines. Turning their banks will always create some sort of threat, which we were trying in the first half.

We weren't perfect, and everyone is demanding that it seems, but it's more than a step in the right direction.

Putting Ayew up top took a link man out of our midfield. But Tammy wasn't in the game throughout and this is where we struggled.

Bony got on the ball a lot in the first half and we looked good when he laid it off or turned to face goal. He's going to be pivotal for us, hope it's not a long term injury.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:08 - Sep 30 with 1332 viewsLeonWasGod

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 17:07 - Sep 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

Fair play mate

You are bi polar .😂

He certainly is! First of his ranty posts i've agreed with though.

We need to remember Clem's still a rookie manager and is going to make mistakes. As long as he learns from them, that's ok. There were signs he was last year but he's got a mistake or weird decision or two in him each game this season.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:09 - Sep 30 with 1321 viewsTheResurrection

Take a bow butt.

Listen here you c0cksucker., we were SHIT last season or have you got a memory like the sieve that is your arse?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:11 - Sep 30 with 1315 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:00 - Sep 30 by pencoedjack

No doubt 'fast free flowing football' is imminent

Well it's faster and more free flowing last season you prick?

Come on....

Login to get fewer ads

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:13 - Sep 30 with 1302 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:06 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

serious question: did u not recognise nor enjoy how we set-up and were clearly the better team in the 1st half ?

the likes of Mesa and Tammy Im sure will learn and develop under the tutelage of Leon and Bony

maybe a stint of Mesa alongside Leon - forcing him into a more advanced role could help him thrive and give him the space to gain confidence and drive on

I don't think the prick wants to mate but we'll see what he's got to say next.....

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:14 - Sep 30 with 1296 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:06 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

Beautiful post

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:23 - Sep 30 with 1268 viewscostalotta

Mesa along side Leon? Even an advanced Mesa?

Personally not at all sure about that. It would make us even less of a threat with yet another square peg in a round hole.

The problem is we do not have enough quality in the midfield, at least that's the way it seems and where performance levels are imo.

I said last week, we have no creativity, no energy, no dog nor intelligence all of which we need. Now, those attributes can be spread across the different players that make up that midfield but we never have the full compliment as it were. With creativity biggest miss imo.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:41 - Sep 30 with 1233 viewspencoedjack

Enjoy probably not ...... realized it was effective against a struggling West Ham side yes.

There was a massive platform for improvement from the garbage that has been served up this season.

Southampton > We were battered
Man Utd > Totally outplayed
Palace > A workmanlike performance against a very poor side
Newcastle > Lost to the better team
Spurs > A good defensive performance but very lucky to escape with a point
Watford > A decent 2nd half performance, but Watford should of been out of sight by half time.

In fairness we played well against MK Dons & Reading.

That's the reality people can look at it with rose tinted glasses if they wish. 90 minutes of OK football this season ..... I expect more.

I hope you are right about Mesa & Tammy personally with the a pretty decent fixtures at the start of the season I was expecting better points return.

Tammy > I had my doubts he could make the step up from the championship to the PL & at the moment I am still not convinced

Mesa I liked the look of last week and you are right maybe a stint along side Leon might help him. I wasn't creaming in my pants about his (or Sanchez) signings as I hadn't seen enough of them .

One thing I agree with the Res about .... you are a very good poster who can put your point across without having to use childish abuse if someone disagrees with your point
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 18:42]
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:44 - Sep 30 with 1221 viewsJackfath

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:41 - Sep 30 by pencoedjack

Enjoy probably not ...... realized it was effective against a struggling West Ham side yes.

There was a massive platform for improvement from the garbage that has been served up this season.

Southampton > We were battered
Man Utd > Totally outplayed
Palace > A workmanlike performance against a very poor side
Newcastle > Lost to the better team
Spurs > A good defensive performance but very lucky to escape with a point
Watford > A decent 2nd half performance, but Watford should of been out of sight by half time.

In fairness we played well against MK Dons & Reading.

That's the reality people can look at it with rose tinted glasses if they wish. 90 minutes of OK football this season ..... I expect more.

I hope you are right about Mesa & Tammy personally with the a pretty decent fixtures at the start of the season I was expecting better points return.

Tammy > I had my doubts he could make the step up from the championship to the PL & at the moment I am still not convinced

Mesa I liked the look of last week and you are right maybe a stint along side Leon might help him. I wasn't creaming in my pants about his (or Sanchez) signings as I hadn't seen enough of them .

One thing I agree with the Res about .... you are a very good poster who can put your point across without having to use childish abuse if someone disagrees with your point
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 18:42]

Dare I say it, unlike you.

What are you expecting from Abraham if he gets no crosses, or balls to feed off?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:50 - Sep 30 with 1203 viewslifelong

My main concern is our lack of creation, we are just not creating any chances. Even that first half today, we were the better side but created nothing,and apart from that long range effort from Bony we just didn't look like scoring.

The second half we were poor, made West Ham look a good side which they are not.
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 20:06 - Sep 30 with 1124 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 18:50 - Sep 30 by lifelong

My main concern is our lack of creation, we are just not creating any chances. Even that first half today, we were the better side but created nothing,and apart from that long range effort from Bony we just didn't look like scoring.

The second half we were poor, made West Ham look a good side which they are not.

You're right.

Under Clement the players are too afraid to get upfield and into positions that might compromise them if the move breaks down.

When we played two holding midfielders we could get away with this to a certain degree, now with this narrow, diamond shape it's all about pragmatic, probing football.

The utter truth is the best we've played in probably two years has been in the second half against Watford and first half today.

Not a great sample to choose from granted but football more like us and that's served us well throughout the Premier years.

This shows us all there's a team within us, one that could do more than they've shown before.

But how?

Are we going to improve by going back to 5 next time out? Or by kicking the can just that little bit more in the same fashion we've done before?

No. It's only going to come by opening the game up and being brave.

We have the players to play a better way, if you think not you're overly pessimistic and looking to get one over.

This side is better than last season. Without doubt. Bony is twice the player Llorente is and we could do without relying on the free kicks of Siggy...... But Clement needs to change his ways, this is not the desperation of last season...yet.... This is a time to start believing and getting on the ball.

Fede said this last week, listen Clement. Or the more you don't or slate the players the quicker you'll lose them and the quicker your downfall.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 20:29 - Sep 30 with 1094 viewsZZoric

"The utter truth is the best we've played in probably two years has been in the second half against Watford and first half today. "

This. The difference today was Tammy wasnt as fired up for some reason

Tammy could well be the forward fulcrum. His enthusiasm and positivity can be electric - which ignites all around. Bony is clever and humble enough to recognise this
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 20:59 - Sep 30 with 1054 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 20:29 - Sep 30 by ZZoric

"The utter truth is the best we've played in probably two years has been in the second half against Watford and first half today. "

This. The difference today was Tammy wasnt as fired up for some reason

Tammy could well be the forward fulcrum. His enthusiasm and positivity can be electric - which ignites all around. Bony is clever and humble enough to recognise this

Fantasy thinking

We are in the real world now

It's not happening

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:06 - Sep 30 with 1045 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 20:59 - Sep 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

Fantasy thinking

We are in the real world now

It's not happening

Show me examples where we have played better than 1st half today or second half v Watford in the last couple of years?

65% possession first half today away from home and battered them in midfield. This is a step in the right direction. Carroll, Sanches on the ball plenty, Leon marshalling (Mesa can do this job), Ayew coming looking and involved, Bony dropping off, hold up play superb. Fede and Mawson passing through the lines and Ols and Naughts supporting well.

Clement is right about hopeless balls going into the box, as much as I've slated him he's right there. But these balls go in because we're too afraid to move away from rigid positions, rigid positions he insists on us keeping to.

This is Monk's style. Its not expansive is it?

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:09 - Sep 30 with 1029 viewstrampie

It was obvious before a ball was kicked this season that the Swans would struggle to create, then after the window when Gylfi was not replaced even after the Palace game I thought Swans are going to struggle it's hard to see the Swans scoring many goals and that is the way it's played out, who is going to create, who is going to convert dead ball chances, transfer window is not open till January, Swans will have to look to Fer, Ki or Narsingh and make do, we have no goalscoring, goal creating, dead ball specialist in midfield, we are going to struggle in that area and it's been obvious from the get go.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:17 - Sep 30 with 1018 viewsJackFish

"Show me examples where we have played better than 1st half today or second half v Watford in the last couple of years?"

Come on Res, you can't really be serious with that statement? We played okay in the first half today but we created the square root of fúck all, likewise last week was a lot better second half than first, but again after the equaliser how many chances did we create? They were hardly praying for the final whistle.

We looked better at any time when we looked like scoring or creating chances of any description. Burnley at home, Liverpool away last season? Beating Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham 4-1 during Guidolin's run to keep us up two seasons ago?
1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:29 - Sep 30 with 1003 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:17 - Sep 30 by JackFish

"Show me examples where we have played better than 1st half today or second half v Watford in the last couple of years?"

Come on Res, you can't really be serious with that statement? We played okay in the first half today but we created the square root of fúck all, likewise last week was a lot better second half than first, but again after the equaliser how many chances did we create? They were hardly praying for the final whistle.

We looked better at any time when we looked like scoring or creating chances of any description. Burnley at home, Liverpool away last season? Beating Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and West Ham 4-1 during Guidolin's run to keep us up two seasons ago?

Liverpool away? Are you being serious? It was an absolute fantastic win but we took our chances, not played exactly well. I was there.

Burnley at home we were desperate and we scored 2 great headers but for the rest allowed them to take the lead. West Ham are not going home tonight because they won in dramatic fashion thinking they played well - quite the opposite.

Liverpool at home under Guidolin we played them at the right time, We got lucky with the fixture list and their cup run. This can happen towards the end of the season.

West Ham away 4-1 was a freak but will give you that one. It's clear to see though you've racked your brain to try and remember decent performances so we need to keep than in context.

More of the first half today will do us good - of course it would. More of that would get a swagger back. We need a facking swagger but we need to open the play up a bit.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:31 - Sep 30 with 999 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:06 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

Show me examples where we have played better than 1st half today or second half v Watford in the last couple of years?

65% possession first half today away from home and battered them in midfield. This is a step in the right direction. Carroll, Sanches on the ball plenty, Leon marshalling (Mesa can do this job), Ayew coming looking and involved, Bony dropping off, hold up play superb. Fede and Mawson passing through the lines and Ols and Naughts supporting well.

Clement is right about hopeless balls going into the box, as much as I've slated him he's right there. But these balls go in because we're too afraid to move away from rigid positions, rigid positions he insists on us keeping to.

This is Monk's style. Its not expansive is it?

It's all about scoring goals mate .

Goals = points

You are the king of banging on that "Stats mean fu@k all " creating or scoring.

Take the flack mate

Hopefully you can give it back next year .

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:56 - Sep 30 with 970 viewsTheResurrection

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:31 - Sep 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's all about scoring goals mate .

Goals = points

You are the king of banging on that "Stats mean fu@k all " creating or scoring.

Take the flack mate

Hopefully you can give it back next year .

I've nowhere said stats mean fack all. I've written reams on stats in our games.

You're afraid we'll do well because you'll know I'll come knocking.

And come knocking I will mate.

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:07 - Sep 30 with 953 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 21:56 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

I've nowhere said stats mean fack all. I've written reams on stats in our games.

You're afraid we'll do well because you'll know I'll come knocking.

And come knocking I will mate.

You've knocked Siggy & Llorente stats all year you eda .

It means fack all you said .

😂

Facking hell ,come on mate

1st half - sound. Bony off, Tammy non existent all game - Clement sort it out!! on 22:11 - Sep 30 with 947 viewsZZoric

why is it that so many on this forum choose to focus and thrive on the negatives?

the dullard calls it being realistic - yet offering no realistic way forward

conclusion: many on here clearly have no real appreciation of the game, plastics maybe - fair weather 'fans' for sure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024