Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 18:43 - Sep 30 with 4647 viewsLandore_Jack

Please could someone explain why Olsson was substituted and why Clement thought it was a good idea to play Clucas at left back?

http://www.nowsports1.com/2017/09/30/goalwest-ham-1-0-swansea-diafra-sakho/

#backtojack

Clucas on 14:20 - Oct 1 with 1718 viewsHighjack

Clucas on 19:35 - Sep 30 by londonlisa2001

Gestured to the bench he wanted to come off about 5 minutes before he did.

Clucas was signed partly to be left back cover.

He was crap.

Their goal was his and Mawson's fault. He was out of position and Mawson showed as much desire as Melania Trump shows when Donald suggests an early night.

When trump asks for an early night it's because he's got shitloads he wants to say on Twitter.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Clucas on 14:23 - Oct 1 with 1709 viewsmarchamjack

As Mrs MJ said after yesterday's game...thats 2 positions now that Clucas can't play

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Clucas on 14:27 - Oct 1 with 1703 viewslondonlisa2001

Clucas on 14:16 - Oct 1 by BillyChong

Where and when did Clement mention that?

Press conference after we signed him or possibly when it was confirmed we were signing him - the one where he spoke about him for the first time anyway. It's why I wasn't surprised when he came on when Olsson went off yesterday. I'd be shocked if he did again given his cameo though...
Clucas on 14:41 - Oct 1 with 1664 viewsjack247

Clucas on 23:17 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

Clucas shone for Hull as an all action, box to box midfielder. Thus far we've played him in defensive midfield and as a left back.

Of course it's his fault he hasn't played well.

You can't say things like that mun.

You're supposed to think of a derogatory nickname that kind of rhymes with Clucas.
Clucas on 14:43 - Oct 1 with 1662 viewsjewsonjack

I'm not a fan of Clucas but when he lost his man I think he was worried about Bandy Carroll who was unmarked in the box when the cross came over, and caught in two minds who to pick up. If he had stayed tighter on the winger everyone would have said why leave Carroll unmarked in the box
N/A. on 16:27 - Oct 1 with 1606 viewsHuw57

Clucas on 13:32 - Oct 1 by londonlisa2001

He was. It was specifically mentioned by Clement when we brought him in.

Arias and Yiadom are right sided full backs. If we had brought in one of them, Naughton could have covered both sides.

And Rangel didn't come on because we had Clucas who was supposed to be left back cover.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:14]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Clucas on 16:34 - Oct 1 with 1596 viewsmonmouth

N/A. on 16:27 - Oct 1 by Huw57

N/A.

But Clement must have seen him as a competent left back option because he brought him on at left back? Olsson asked to be taken off I think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clucas on 16:38 - Oct 1 with 1586 viewsParsSwans

God some no a growing majority of our supposed fans are thick Clucas is an attacking midfielder always has been great for Hull there, end of story blame Clement another manager mismanaging our players
Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 16:49 - Oct 1 with 1575 viewsKingBony

Clucas on 13:57 - Oct 1 by BillyChong

Signed as left back cover?! First I've heard of that. Shambolic if true.

That must have been the reason he is our record signing.

Seen nothing in him before or after we signed him that he was worth that much money.

One decent volley last year if I remember correctly. Average player we will never get the value from unfortunately.

Another quality buy. It's almost like spending 11m on another midfielder and leaving him on the bench...oh wait

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Clucas on 16:55 - Oct 1 with 1558 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 16:38 - Oct 1 by ParsSwans

God some no a growing majority of our supposed fans are thick Clucas is an attacking midfielder always has been great for Hull there, end of story blame Clement another manager mismanaging our players

But he wasn't an attacking midfielder. Not according to the Hull fans when we signed him anyway, his stats do not suggest he does a lot in the final third either.
Clucas on 17:00 - Oct 1 with 1548 viewsParsSwans

One of my best friends knows him very well personally and I can assure you he has always been an attacking left sided midfielder yes more of a box to box one but that's natural playing at the levels he has, there is a cracking player there just like many others we waste
Clucas on 17:12 - Oct 1 with 1520 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 17:00 - Oct 1 by ParsSwans

One of my best friends knows him very well personally and I can assure you he has always been an attacking left sided midfielder yes more of a box to box one but that's natural playing at the levels he has, there is a cracking player there just like many others we waste

Fair enough.

I never knew anything about him before he came here so I'm just going on stats and what some Hull guy said on twitter.
Clucas on 17:17 - Oct 1 with 1515 viewsSmellyplumz

Clucas on 17:00 - Oct 1 by ParsSwans

I've no doubt we are playing him out of position because the whole team is utterly shapeless.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clucas on 17:25 - Oct 1 with 1508 viewsParsSwans

Agree the shape of the team is awful and far too many players look dejected, lacking in confidence and yes not enjoying being played out of position. The most remarkable thing of all is if we could revert to a 451 I think we would be set up perfectly and well balanced.
Clucas on 17:31 - Oct 1 with 1494 viewslondonlisa2001

N/A. on 16:27 - Oct 1 by Huw57

N/A.

Arias would have been first choice right back. Naughton to cover. Yiadom I guess more as competition for Naughton. The idea was that Naughton could cover right back and left and Clucas could cover left back. Rangel would have been emergency only. Last resort if you like. Being linked with right backs is not a plan for left back.

As you don't apoear to believe that it was always the thought that Clucas could cover left back, I've copied below the relevant bit from the press conference I was talking about (from the official site).

“He is another midfielder who brings versatility,” Clement added.

“He has a nice left foot. He can play in central midfield, on the left of midfield, out wide or at left-back, so I am very pleased that he is joining us.

“He has experience at Premier League level and good experience of English football.”

Clement also feels Clucas is exactly the sort of personality who will do well in a Swans shirt.

“He is a British player. Hopefully he will bring a lot of character and strength to what is already a good dressing room,” the Swans manager said.

“And with the versatility he has got, he gives us a number of options.

“The fact that he can play in a number of different positions shows you that he is a good footballer.

This view was emphasised just yesterday when he was brought on a leftback.

Edited to add:

He also made this comment when Kingsley went;

“I think we’ll be okay at left-back,” Clement said. “We have got Martin, we know Sam can play in that position if required and we also know Kyle Naughton can play in that position.

“I think we will stay as we are as far as left-back goes.”
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 17:40]
Clucas on 17:32 - Oct 1 with 1487 viewsmonmouth

Clucas on 17:25 - Oct 1 by ParsSwans

Agree the shape of the team is awful and far too many players look dejected, lacking in confidence and yes not enjoying being played out of position. The most remarkable thing of all is if we could revert to a 451 I think we would be set up perfectly and well balanced.

Can't really argue with that. Or maybe as Lisa said 4-2-3-1. Still no good if they go out with a rigid 'defence first and always' mindset though, because the '1' will be totally isolated.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clucas on 21:10 - Oct 1 with 1419 viewslibertyx

Clucas on 14:43 - Oct 1 by jewsonjack

I'm not a fan of Clucas but when he lost his man I think he was worried about Bandy Carroll who was unmarked in the box when the cross came over, and caught in two minds who to pick up. If he had stayed tighter on the winger everyone would have said why leave Carroll unmarked in the box

I was at the match and blamed Clucas. Goals on Sunday highlighted the goal it was Mawson who just ran into goal mouth from midfield leaving
Clucas totally isolated with 2 players to mark just outside the box, he looked behind saw the winger and decided to pick up Carroll inside box expecting a high cross.I think in his position I would probably made the same decision.
Clucas on 21:45 - Oct 1 with 1381 viewsskettyparkherbert

Clucas on 17:25 - Oct 1 by ParsSwans

Regarding your point 'too many players look dejected and lacking in confidence"

I bet their not feeling so bad when checking their online banking and see the £140k to £200k a month wages going in to their accounts.

They all need togged a grip, man up, stop feeling sorry for themselves and work even funking harder to put it right.They have the best jobs and working conditions on the planet.

Some of us fans who follow them everywhere are just normal hardworking people who spend so much time and money following them because we love the club.

We are all totally dejected and lacking in confidence but will still be there next game.
Clucas on 22:34 - Oct 1 with 1331 viewsSwanjaxs

Don't blame Clucas for the goal, Mawson completely switched off and was caught with his pants down! While we're on the subject Mawson should have been hooked at half time against Watford and not van der Hoorn.... Mawson needs to get his head outa his ass ... and quick!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Clucas on 22:57 - Oct 1 with 1305 viewsGeoffThom

Clucas on 22:34 - Oct 1 by Swanjaxs

Don't blame Clucas for the goal, Mawson completely switched off and was caught with his pants down! While we're on the subject Mawson should have been hooked at half time against Watford and not van der Hoorn.... Mawson needs to get his head outa his ass ... and quick!

They both switched off but clucus was probably better positioned to clear the ball as mawson would probably ended up an og,like it or not clucus left the guy ghost in behind him at the far stick ,and don't think I'm sticking up for mawson as he at the moment is doing some real clangers
Clucas on 23:03 - Oct 1 with 1296 views34dfgdf54

Fer looked like his legs had completely gone trying to get back and Naughton backed off aswell. It's a good ball in the box between the keeper and defence, very hard to defend. Sometimes you just need to hold your hand up and say it was a decent goal.
Clucas on 23:04 - Oct 1 with 1295 viewsSwanjaxs

Clucas on 22:57 - Oct 1 by GeoffThom

They both switched off but clucus was probably better positioned to clear the ball as mawson would probably ended up an og,like it or not clucus left the guy ghost in behind him at the far stick ,and don't think I'm sticking up for mawson as he at the moment is doing some real clangers

Agree mate both we're to blame, but in my opinion Mawson would not have had to slide in to clear the cross (risking an og) but could have easily stayed on his feet and put the ball into row z .... just my opinion though

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024