Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest 10:10 - Oct 29 with 22847 viewsshandley

The Protest Is About Support The Team Not The Regime
the protest is a protest against Huw Jenkins
Change is needed Huw Jenkins Out
we urge every fan to get behind are team this protest is about the regime not the team
Huw Jenkins Actions Will Relegate This Team
12 o'clock main reception Liberty Stadium Brighton Home GAME
Your Surport Is Needed
event being organised by Dai Lewis & Stephen Handley
Both On Facebook Do Look Us Up
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:47 - Oct 30 with 2378 viewsVetchfielder

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 16:52 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure expecting a Trust statement on every thing like this is practical. I await the lack of comment generally tap in. However, the Trust certainly isn't against freedom of speech or expression.

As for the protest, If the fanbase in general want Jenkins out then the most likely way of achieving that is to publicly express that wish in a way that'd attract attention (peacefully of course). The Americans have clearly hitched their wagon to him as they said themselves in the fans forum, but who knows maybe their minds can be changed. I expect not, but who knows.

I don't agree with you on this Ux.

"I'm not sure expecting a Trust statement on every thing like this is practical"

You make it sound like this sort of thing is a common occurrence but as far as I am aware this is the first anti-Chairman protest organised since the Petty era. Happy to be corrected on that though if I've forgotten it.

So this is an extraordinary situation on which I would like the Trust to comment.

The other option of achieving the removal of HJ and LD is for the Trust to make those proposals as a Club Board Meeting on our behalf. Could this be discussed and minuted at the next Trust Board Meeting please?

Thanks
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 17:56]

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:15 - Oct 30 with 2317 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 16:52 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure expecting a Trust statement on every thing like this is practical. I await the lack of comment generally tap in. However, the Trust certainly isn't against freedom of speech or expression.

As for the protest, If the fanbase in general want Jenkins out then the most likely way of achieving that is to publicly express that wish in a way that'd attract attention (peacefully of course). The Americans have clearly hitched their wagon to him as they said themselves in the fans forum, but who knows maybe their minds can be changed. I expect not, but who knows.

Not expecting a Trust statement on EVERYTHING.
Just SOMETHING.

Vote was back in August- rumours on the Yanks reneging have been surfacing for weeks.
Turn out for the vote even though there was a freepost was atrocious- rigging stories have been around since the vote.
Silence.

Fugups on ticket pricing, yanks obviously not giving a fuk about the Trust or listening, no Trustee coming out openly against the stadium lease using the Trusts tiny gain from a share sale heavily loaded in the yanks favour that looks decidedly dodgy (both) , no hard push on increasing membership, no rebuilding/ attempt at rebuilding of bridges with the Trust members that have been lost. Maybe for good
Silence.

Reason for not reporting the sellouts to the Police if regs were broken. Been asked a shed full of times by EMail and on here.
News a while ago was that they'd broken the laws governing company dealing.
Fans forum and Beaky getting a free ride after supposedly running roughshod over the Trust and ultimately us members and fans.
Reason for pushing so hard on the deal, when that seems to contradict the Barrister so handsomely paid
Silence

Not having a go at you or Matt as you'll know (assuming you both read the board even if you don't post) that many of us have thanked the 2 of you for trying to communicate.

The new electees are quiet as fuk- manifestos from everyone were pretty sh1te in trying to get a handle on how they felt about the sale. Who fuking cares if they speak Welsh or not, are male/ female/ white/ black/ yellow/ pink- could be from Mars for all I care.
Who's willing to spill the story on the sale? Maybe we can all get a clear picture in our heads then and fukin move on/ sort it out/ whatever.

At least with you and Matt we knew where we stood regarding most things. Hence a lot of people voting for you.

The Trust officially is quiet as fuk.
So much for better communication.
Or openness and transparency.

Silence is deafening by the Trust
By the fans. For the fans?

If the Trust is going to be fuked over/ finished as an entity.
If we as a club are going to be relegated, let's at least go down fighting.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:16 - Oct 30 with 2317 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:47 - Oct 30 by Vetchfielder

I don't agree with you on this Ux.

"I'm not sure expecting a Trust statement on every thing like this is practical"

You make it sound like this sort of thing is a common occurrence but as far as I am aware this is the first anti-Chairman protest organised since the Petty era. Happy to be corrected on that though if I've forgotten it.

So this is an extraordinary situation on which I would like the Trust to comment.

The other option of achieving the removal of HJ and LD is for the Trust to make those proposals as a Club Board Meeting on our behalf. Could this be discussed and minuted at the next Trust Board Meeting please?

Thanks
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 17:56]

Pretty sure it's not the first protest. And, as it stands, we don't know the levels of support these two chaps will get.

On the HJ and LD topic, given that the focus at the moment is closing out the negotiations and we know the yanks are wedded to HJ, I'm not sure it'd get the result some would want. I can raise the issue of the protests and the position of HJ though, no problem.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:20 - Oct 30 with 2310 viewsJackfath

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 23:53 - Oct 29 by Loyal

There are many of us who support you, but there needs to be an open strategy to make it newsworthy and effective.

Open strategy?

Like the one you had last year when "only those who need to know, know"

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:48 - Oct 30 with 2263 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:15 - Oct 30 by Dewi1jack

Not expecting a Trust statement on EVERYTHING.
Just SOMETHING.

Vote was back in August- rumours on the Yanks reneging have been surfacing for weeks.
Turn out for the vote even though there was a freepost was atrocious- rigging stories have been around since the vote.
Silence.

Fugups on ticket pricing, yanks obviously not giving a fuk about the Trust or listening, no Trustee coming out openly against the stadium lease using the Trusts tiny gain from a share sale heavily loaded in the yanks favour that looks decidedly dodgy (both) , no hard push on increasing membership, no rebuilding/ attempt at rebuilding of bridges with the Trust members that have been lost. Maybe for good
Silence.

Reason for not reporting the sellouts to the Police if regs were broken. Been asked a shed full of times by EMail and on here.
News a while ago was that they'd broken the laws governing company dealing.
Fans forum and Beaky getting a free ride after supposedly running roughshod over the Trust and ultimately us members and fans.
Reason for pushing so hard on the deal, when that seems to contradict the Barrister so handsomely paid
Silence

Not having a go at you or Matt as you'll know (assuming you both read the board even if you don't post) that many of us have thanked the 2 of you for trying to communicate.

The new electees are quiet as fuk- manifestos from everyone were pretty sh1te in trying to get a handle on how they felt about the sale. Who fuking cares if they speak Welsh or not, are male/ female/ white/ black/ yellow/ pink- could be from Mars for all I care.
Who's willing to spill the story on the sale? Maybe we can all get a clear picture in our heads then and fukin move on/ sort it out/ whatever.

At least with you and Matt we knew where we stood regarding most things. Hence a lot of people voting for you.

The Trust officially is quiet as fuk.
So much for better communication.
Or openness and transparency.

Silence is deafening by the Trust
By the fans. For the fans?

If the Trust is going to be fuked over/ finished as an entity.
If we as a club are going to be relegated, let's at least go down fighting.

Appreciate the comments, and I know where you're coming from.

On the rumours regarding the deal, I know I posted this last week but discussions between the legal teams are continuing, and that if anything changes we need to go back to the members. I can't say anymore than that, even if something was up, or if it wasn't. That's where we are. Important thing is that, if something does change, the members must be informed.

I've seen the comment on the legal advice a few times, and that needs clarifying. True, the advice was that the Trust has a strong case for unfair prejudice. However, at no time did the QC advise proceeding down that route. Quite the opposite, he recommended trying to negotiate an agreement. That happened, the Trust board recommended and the members voted for that. Now, if anything changed on the above, then that may be revisited, but previous statement applies.

I agree on comms and looking to increase the membership. Both need to improve, and that's why a few subgroups have been set up to work out the best way to solve those. I know renewals and surveys to former members asking them what the Trust can do better have gone out. Work being done, but yes, needs to be better.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:56 - Oct 30 with 2245 viewsJackfath

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:48 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

On the rumours regarding the deal, I know I posted this last week but discussions between the legal teams are continuing, and that if anything changes we need to go back to the members. I can't say anymore than that, even if something was up, or if it wasn't. That's where we are. Important thing is that, if something does change, the members must be informed.

I've seen the comment on the legal advice a few times, and that needs clarifying. True, the advice was that the Trust has a strong case for unfair prejudice. However, at no time did the QC advise proceeding down that route. Quite the opposite, he recommended trying to negotiate an agreement. That happened, the Trust board recommended and the members voted for that. Now, if anything changed on the above, then that may be revisited, but previous statement applies.

I agree on comms and looking to increase the membership. Both need to improve, and that's why a few subgroups have been set up to work out the best way to solve those. I know renewals and surveys to former members asking them what the Trust can do better have gone out. Work being done, but yes, needs to be better.

With regard to the survey sent out via post to previous members. Would it not be a good idea to send this out via an online questionnaire also? I know I would have preferred to have filled this in, rather than a postal one. It would also have saved time, and I guess money for the trust.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:11 - Oct 30 with 2230 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:56 - Oct 30 by Jackfath

With regard to the survey sent out via post to previous members. Would it not be a good idea to send this out via an online questionnaire also? I know I would have preferred to have filled this in, rather than a postal one. It would also have saved time, and I guess money for the trust.

You'd be surprised how many register offline and without providing email details. But yeah, agree that online should be used where possible.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:15 - Oct 30 with 2220 viewsJackfath

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:11 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

You'd be surprised how many register offline and without providing email details. But yeah, agree that online should be used where possible.

Incentives to members who provide such details. Money off vouchers in the club shop? Trust newsletters to inbox so people can see the advantages of providing such details? Hopefully your sub group will come up with some better ideas to reach out to the thousands of dormant fans.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:23 - Oct 30 with 2205 viewsVetchfielder

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:16 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Pretty sure it's not the first protest. And, as it stands, we don't know the levels of support these two chaps will get.

On the HJ and LD topic, given that the focus at the moment is closing out the negotiations and we know the yanks are wedded to HJ, I'm not sure it'd get the result some would want. I can raise the issue of the protests and the position of HJ though, no problem.

Thanks
When is the next meeting?

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:37 - Nov 1 with 2068 viewsKGriz16

I don't use Facebook, does anyone know any more information on the protest and whether or not it's going ahead. I understand most of the information is on Stephen Handley's facebook account.
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:46 - Nov 1 with 2050 viewsMeraki

This post should be made a sticky!
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:46 - Nov 1 with 1997 viewsOldjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 17:37 - Nov 1 by KGriz16

I don't use Facebook, does anyone know any more information on the protest and whether or not it's going ahead. I understand most of the information is on Stephen Handley's facebook account.

Definitely on at 12

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:22 - Nov 1 with 1960 views1983

What is the plan if any? Just turn up and see what happens?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 20:08 - Nov 1 with 1930 viewsQJumpingJack

what happens if it is raining?
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 20:10 - Nov 1 with 1922 viewsOldjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 20:08 - Nov 1 by QJumpingJack

what happens if it is raining?

bring a bloody brolly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:39 - Nov 3 with 1796 viewsQJumpingJack

Are the organisers of this protest contacting journalists on twitter today/tomorrow morning to make them aware of the protest. It should be done in a constructive manner. And perhaps a hashtag should be agreed.
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:43 - Nov 3 with 1790 viewsMeraki

Can't find anything about this on social media? Anyone got any links?
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 1775 viewsKGriz16

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:46 - Nov 1 by Oldjack

Definitely on at 12

Cheers
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:30 - Nov 3 with 1733 viewspikeypaul

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 18:48 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

The QC was never asked to advise or not advise on proceedings, that you well know.

That was not his remit so obviuosly he would not do it,he was employed to give his opinion on the legalities of a case and not if action should or should not take place.

All he was asked was what strength the case had which after much time and cost his opinion was a strong one.

You are still trying to spin everything,why we can only guess.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 11:40]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:40 - Nov 3 with 1712 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:30 - Nov 3 by pikeypaul

The QC was never asked to advise or not advise on proceedings, that you well know.

That was not his remit so obviuosly he would not do it,he was employed to give his opinion on the legalities of a case and not if action should or should not take place.

All he was asked was what strength the case had which after much time and cost his opinion was a strong one.

You are still trying to spin everything,why we can only guess.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 11:40]

Well, I was on one of the calls with him, so I know full well he advised the Trust to settle, if at all possible. Lawyers generally advise that.

He also told the Trust board they could make the decision themselves without going to the members, but the view of the Trust board had always been consistent that that wasn't going to happen.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 13:34]

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:54 - Nov 3 with 1688 viewspikeypaul

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:40 - Nov 3 by Uxbridge

Well, I was on one of the calls with him, so I know full well he advised the Trust to settle, if at all possible. Lawyers generally advise that.

He also told the Trust board they could make the decision themselves without going to the members, but the view of the Trust board had always been consistent that that wasn't going to happen.

So the trust and its members are seperate are they?

And why would the QC even go down the route in telling you that you do not even have to consult the trust members? Did he just say this out of the blue or did you ask him? Very odd.

There was me thinking the members of the trust were the trust and not just a few who most think have something to hide,but its very obvious in your wording you consider yourself seperate from the trust members who voted you on the board,goes to show how blinkered some are.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 12:11]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 12:21 - Nov 3 with 1654 viewsMeraki

That all sounds a bit dodgy, in the end you done something between not consulting the members (who I thought were the Trust?) and asking the members. You put a vote out that was heavily weighted in favour of "The Trust's" prefered outcome.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:05 - Nov 3 with 1613 viewsmonmouth

That doesn't read well Ux. It really doesn't.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:15 - Nov 3 with 1601 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:05 - Nov 3 by monmouth

That doesn't read well Ux. It really doesn't.

Im really not following I'm afraid.

The members appoint the board. The board have the power to make decisions. That's just how things work in most places. It's how every election in this country works. Same rules apply to the Trust.. Those elected have the authority to make decisions.

When it came to something as major as this, the board decided it had to go to the members. It didn't have to, not legally, but it did because it was of such significant importance.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:15 - Nov 3 with 1601 viewsHCMC

uxbridge says

He also told the Trust they could make the decision themselves without going to the members, but the view of the Trust had always been consistent that that wasn't going to happen.
[Post edited 3 Nov 11:44]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reading between the lines this statement tells us all we need to know.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 13:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024