Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Pulis 22:59 - Dec 7 with 10321 viewsN_T_J

Hugebutt Jenkins is concidering appointing him according to the Mirror.

Sorry if its been posted.
Tony Pulis on 09:43 - Dec 8 with 1480 viewsQJumpingJack

Why would Pulis want to join us?
Tony Pulis on 09:50 - Dec 8 with 1466 viewsjack247

Tony Pulis on 09:30 - Dec 8 by labrax

This article is pure speculation. It's Published by Trinity Mirror which owns walesonline and the Evening Post lol!!!

Where is the proof that Premier League basement side Swansea are mulling over a dramatic move for Tony Pulis?

F*ck off Daily Mirror!!!

Of course it’s speculation. They would be mental not to be considering new managers though and Pulis is an obvious one.
Tony Pulis on 09:56 - Dec 8 with 1453 viewswhoflungdung

Let's put it this way

We have no Swansea way ,right now, apart from losing to mediocre teams being unable to do the basics .

We have some centre halves and a pair of full backs who feck up through lack of concentration. Pulis will sort this out

We have two strikers who could be a force .

I'm sure Pulis would find a way of doing the fookn obvious and that would be giving Mesa the role he had in La Liga.

Problem is ,we still have,incredibly the likes of Routledge and Dyer ,way past their sell by date

We are on the edge but ,,if Jenkins is brave , we can sort this out

Clement should go right now

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Tony Pulis on 10:03 - Dec 8 with 1442 viewsjack247

Tony Pulis on 09:43 - Dec 8 by QJumpingJack

Because we’re a Premier League club and he is unemployed
Tony Pulis on 10:15 - Dec 8 with 1430 viewsRancid

This should happen straight away.Too late if anything as we're playing errrm West Brom tomorrow.Who better who have in at the start of the week.Trick missed but what do we expect.
Tony Pulis on 10:24 - Dec 8 with 1410 viewswhoflungdung

Rancid.
IT was a perfect scenario . Pulis first game against his old club that sacked him?
He d have loved that

Sadly,we have a chairman who is not only inept but lacking any foresight . The Brighton game was the one to be Clement s last and then bring in this abrasive,obnoxious nooport boy. He s the one

Out of work, Welsh and not looking ( I d have thought) for a long contract but a lucrative short one with big bonus

Tony Pulis on 10:26 - Dec 8 with 1405 viewsjack247

Tony Pulis on 09:56 - Dec 8 by whoflungdung

Let's put it this way

We have no Swansea way ,right now, apart from losing to mediocre teams being unable to do the basics .

We have some centre halves and a pair of full backs who feck up through lack of concentration. Pulis will sort this out

We have two strikers who could be a force .

I'm sure Pulis would find a way of doing the fookn obvious and that would be giving Mesa the role he had in La Liga.

Problem is ,we still have,incredibly the likes of Routledge and Dyer ,way past their sell by date

We are on the edge but ,,if Jenkins is brave , we can sort this out

Clement should go right now

The Swansea way is certainly long gone. Pulis wouldn’t have us purring like Rodgers or Laudrup, but anyone who thinks we’d be worse to watch than we are now probably hasn’t seen us much this season.
Tony Pulis on 10:26 - Dec 8 with 1406 viewsandypitt56

I cannot for the life understand why everyone is saying get pulis in???? the football would be much worse than what it is now. Does everyone only care about premier league status....
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Pulis on 10:31 - Dec 8 with 1392 viewswhoflungdung

This is why

Prem League really does put the city on the global map

Many jobs will go if we go down

We go down and we could fall through the floor as we did in the eighties

That s why Andy.

Frankly, watching what we serve up now, I can't believe anyone doesn't want Pulis to rip into Jenkins and the players. I doubt Pulis will come as Jenkins is a shitehouse

Tony Pulis on 10:36 - Dec 8 with 1378 viewsWarwickHunt

Tony Pulis on 09:29 - Dec 8 by jack247

I think we’d be better off bringing him in for 18 months with the intention of staying up and next season being a consolidation season. We can deal with playing style when we’re a bit more stable.

Having said that, the Americans make the big calls and they couldn’t care less about aesthetics. 17th playing Clementball/Pulisball with a surplus in the transfer market would be a rip roaring success to them.

Spot on. There's no magic wand to reinstate the "Swansea Way" with the current squad.

Jenkins' role would surely be marginalised under Pulis and the deadwood would finally be shown the door. For those two reasons alone, he'd be worth a punt.

Pulis, eh? Fûck my eyes.
Tony Pulis on 10:36 - Dec 8 with 1380 viewsPintado

It’s the Mirror so just move on, about as reliable as a chocolate fire guard

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Tony Pulis on 10:46 - Dec 8 with 1358 viewslifelong

Would Pulis have kept West Brom up this season?

Their recent form under him was almost as bad as ours.
Tony Pulis on 10:51 - Dec 8 with 1352 viewsicecoldjack

Tony Pulis on 08:44 - Dec 8 by Dr_Winston

If Mark Gower can be taught how to play an expansive passing game then anyone we've got now can.

Our problem is time. Trying to reinstate pretty football in a relegation battle is nigh on impossible. If Guidolin had been properly backed after our survival in the summer of 2016 he might have been able to do something, but now? It's highly unlikely.

Pulis will probably add something in a fight to avoid the drop but to start putting things back as they were then we'd probably have to take a drop and look for someone to rebuild in the right way. And get shot of Bignose obviously.

Well, Mark Gower was a product of spurs who bring players up the right way, when he ended up at Southend he was o e their best players, joining the swans meant he left his shooting boots at Southend but still had the DNA of a footballer that can pass,move and keep the ball . He also had the right framework around him in Britton,monk,Rangel etc etc.

I stick with my comment , the players we ha e now arnt natural at the expansive game, some are and are adaptable but just look how our boys stand still and not move into space to receive when passing. Half of Sanches poor passes are because of poor anticipation from his team mates. Not defending renato here but just status g that it's clear to see many of our players don't move a yard forward when a pass is made.

We arnt fluid enough in thought or deed and those split seconds missed often kill us in the final 3 rd .
Tony Pulis on 11:08 - Dec 8 with 1326 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City sources have played down reports that they are considering replacing head coach Paul Clement with Welshman Tony Pulis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42264772

#backtojack

Tony Pulis on 11:15 - Dec 8 with 1315 viewsKGriz16

The way Huw runs the football club I cannot see someone like Tony Pulis being a yes man for him.
Tony Pulis on 11:26 - Dec 8 with 1299 viewsBloodyhills

Tony Pulis on 09:43 - Dec 8 by QJumpingJack

His wife hates him hanging around the house and he could do with a job and a challenge, something to keep him occupied.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Tony Pulis on 11:54 - Dec 8 with 1264 viewsDafyddHuw

Tony Pulis on 03:21 - Dec 8 by FearOfAJackPlanet

"ripping up their passing-football philosophy"

What is this, 2013? (I wish it was...)

We played passing football from Martinez through to Laudrup. (actually we played passing football in the old 2nd division for years - ask Frank Burrows, Trevor Morris even)

Just because we played passing football outside of the PL, doesn't mean it don't count.
Tony Pulis on 12:00 - Dec 8 with 1256 viewskarnataka

Tony Pulis on 11:26 - Dec 8 by Bloodyhills

His wife hates him hanging around the house and he could do with a job and a challenge, something to keep him occupied.

Whichever way you look at it and whoever is to blame, we are in a deep, deep hole and the daylight at the top of it gets dimmer with every game we play. If anyone has a better short term plan than getting Pulis in, I'd like to hear it.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 21:54]
Tony Pulis on 12:08 - Dec 8 with 1240 viewskarnataka

Tony Pulis on 23:14 - Dec 7 by EasternJack

I'm up for anyone who can promise to get Sanchez to play a simple pass to feet without f,ucking it up

Use the instep innit. Bob knew.
Tony Pulis on 12:21 - Dec 8 with 1220 viewsswancity

Tony Pulis on 08:44 - Dec 8 by Dr_Winston

If Mark Gower can be taught how to play an expansive passing game then anyone we've got now can.

Our problem is time. Trying to reinstate pretty football in a relegation battle is nigh on impossible. If Guidolin had been properly backed after our survival in the summer of 2016 he might have been able to do something, but now? It's highly unlikely.

Pulis will probably add something in a fight to avoid the drop but to start putting things back as they were then we'd probably have to take a drop and look for someone to rebuild in the right way. And get shot of Bignose obviously.

That's nonsense Jobs

Mark Gower was already technically very good footballer with an excellent range of passing and good movement. A typical Spurs youth product if you like.

It's not about pretty football. All very good teams mix style with steel. It's more that we aren't committing enough players forward. Everything is too rigid now which makes it easier to defend against. Contrast that with the movement and interchanging of positions that we saw under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup. The players need to take off the shackles and start enjoying their football but we also need pace in January. Combine that with Fernandez coming back and well have a chance.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Tony Pulis on 12:23 - Dec 8 with 1220 viewsAngelRangelQS

Personally I can’t see how Pulis can play any worse football than Clement does
Tony Pulis on 12:33 - Dec 8 with 1203 viewsjack247

Tony Pulis on 12:23 - Dec 8 by AngelRangelQS

Personally I can’t see how Pulis can play any worse football than Clement does

He can’t. I’d rather us play hoofball than waste most of our possession going sideways and backwards
Tony Pulis on 12:39 - Dec 8 with 1186 viewsswanforthemoney

Tony Pulis on 10:26 - Dec 8 by andypitt56

I cannot for the life understand why everyone is saying get pulis in???? the football would be much worse than what it is now. Does everyone only care about premier league status....

Worse?
What, they'd be punting it into the hoardings rather than passing it neatly?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 12:40]

I stand in the North Stand

Tony Pulis on 12:40 - Dec 8 with 1177 viewsItchySphincter

Tony Pulis on 10:36 - Dec 8 by Pintado

It’s the Mirror so just move on, about as reliable as a chocolate fire guard

Nonsense.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tony Pulis on 13:27 - Dec 8 with 1116 viewsN_T_J

Tony Pulis on 08:09 - Dec 8 by Swanski

Managers like pulis, allardyce etc always come in to put out the fires this time of year.
They tend to start by tightening up the defence. Our defence is solid and if you compare goals against we arent doing too bad.
We need to create more opportunities and start pulling the trigger. Wilf is growing in confidence and the armband is doing him good.
We need a manager to install confidence amd get things going from the middle. We desperately need to add to the middle of the park and look for a decent number 10. Unfortunately you pay a premium for those sort of players in January so the board have done themselves no favours by squirralling the money away in the summer.
Thanks clem but we need a change but i would rather look for fresh keen manager with a more positive approach

Well put.

Our goal difference is not to shabby concidering we dont score goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024