Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up in Cardiff 14:53 - Dec 8 with 3336 viewsmax936

Can’t believe how many people are lying on the streets in Sleeping bags Soup kitchen up by Church unbelievable in this day an age, got off Train and seen 3 girls sleeping rough within 100yrds of Train Station, yet Terrible May gives the EU nearly 60 fuking billions plus no doubt more incentives to Ireland for their support, this country is like our Football Club fuked

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Up in Cardiff on 14:56 - Dec 8 with 2431 viewsDarran

Invite a couple around to yours for Christmas Dinner.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Up in Cardiff on 20:36 - Dec 8 with 2332 viewswhoflungdung

Many in the larger cities catch taxis into the city centre to beg

Most cities have adequate facilities to put a roof over heads

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Up in Cardiff on 20:38 - Dec 8 with 2319 viewsDarran

Up in Cardiff on 20:36 - Dec 8 by whoflungdung

Many in the larger cities catch taxis into the city centre to beg

Most cities have adequate facilities to put a roof over heads

Good post Richard.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Up in Cardiff on 20:42 - Dec 8 with 2321 viewswhoflungdung

I be personally spoken to two police officers who moved on a beggar only for him ,two mins later, to ask them to take him back as he d left his fookn I pad behind .

True story .

Up in Cardiff on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 2310 viewslifelong

Just back from Tenerife last night , having spent a cracking week there, been going there for many years and have never seen so many people begging and sleeping rough there.
Up in Cardiff on 20:49 - Dec 8 with 2306 viewswhoflungdung

My point Rog

They can earn good money and some as homeless and destitute as you and me

They re a blight on cities .

Manchester looks horrendous with them from Arndale to Piccadilly fighting for a good speck

Up in Cardiff on 20:57 - Dec 8 with 2293 viewsbuilthjack

There are a lot of genuine homeless, actually sleeping in tents in parks, under bridges etc. Kids who have had to leave home at 15,16 through no fault of their own. No hope, no help. It happens.
So as we tuck into our turkey, spare a thought.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Up in Cardiff on 21:20 - Dec 8 with 2272 viewsLord_Bony

Yep it's on the increase in Cardiff alright,seems they come from all over the place to the city.

I really do feel sorry for the young vulnerable girls sleeping out in the subways in cardboard boxes in sub zero temperatures.

A new phenomenon.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Up in Cardiff on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 2260 viewsLohengrin

Up in Cardiff on 20:57 - Dec 8 by builthjack

There are a lot of genuine homeless, actually sleeping in tents in parks, under bridges etc. Kids who have had to leave home at 15,16 through no fault of their own. No hope, no help. It happens.

We can spare more than a thought. We live in one of the most affluent societies on the face of the earth. If a fifteen-year-old has to sleep rough because there is no other option what does that say about us, all of us?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Up in Cardiff on 21:42 - Dec 8 with 2232 viewsJack_Meoff

Up in Cardiff on 21:23 - Dec 8 by Lohengrin

We can spare more than a thought. We live in one of the most affluent societies on the face of the earth. If a fifteen-year-old has to sleep rough because there is no other option what does that say about us, all of us?

That we're so blinded by the light from the 'church' of international finance that we’ve become utterly moribund from a humanitarian and national perspective?

Weren’t there more comments on this thread earlier? General question

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Up in Cardiff on 21:52 - Dec 8 with 2211 viewsbyron

Been here 25 years now and I’ve never seen it so bad. The sight of piles of duvets in backstreet or vacant shops in this day and age is terrible. When I was young it was always old guys on the streets now they are all young in there 20’s. I know benefit law changed but something has gone badly wrong. Teams of council clean up binning all there stuff isn’t really addressing the problem either it it.

Benny

Up in Cardiff on 22:07 - Dec 8 with 2179 viewspikeypaul

Was up there a few weeks back one of the beggars sitting outside the spar on st marys Street was messing around with his iPhone whilst asking for handouts. I just laughed and pointed at his phone he laughed back.
Most are Irish piissheads.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Up in Cardiff on 22:08 - Dec 8 with 2178 viewsLeonWasGod

Up in Cardiff on 20:49 - Dec 8 by whoflungdung

My point Rog

Manchester looks horrendous with them from Arndale to Piccadilly fighting for a good speck

You're all heart perchie
Up in Cardiff on 22:18 - Dec 8 with 2156 viewsJack_Meoff

My point Rog

I've heard it can be exhausting both mentally and physically being an empath perch. Don't bleed for the whole world man, make sure you get enough 'you time' yeah.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Up in Cardiff on 22:20 - Dec 8 with 2148 viewsbuilthjack

The wealth of some is obscene. Scandalous.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Up in Cardiff on 22:45 - Dec 8 with 2110 viewsLohengrin

Up in Cardiff on 22:20 - Dec 8 by builthjack

The wealth of some is obscene. Scandalous.

Many of those who have amassed a great fortune have done so by dint of their own inventiveness, industry and ingenuity. I've never begrudged anybody success, especially if it's fairly gained, nor have I ever been jealous of it. Best of luck to them. I'm far more concerned with the people who have nothing, with the people who have fallen through the cracks and the reason why those cracks have been allowed to open in the first place.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Up in Cardiff on 22:51 - Dec 8 with 2095 viewsGowerjack

Is the correct response.

I worked in Cardiff in the Spring and was astonished at the numbers of young kids sleeping rough in doorways.

The dichotomy between them and the self obsessed well fed self satisfied majority was marked.

I didn't like it.

Not at all.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Up in Cardiff on 08:12 - Dec 9 with 2004 viewstaffpunk

Me ad Mrs TP went to Brighton a few months ago for the weekend, the amount of young people sleeping rough was unbelievable, very sad to see.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Up in Cardiff on 08:34 - Dec 9 with 1977 viewsexhmrc1

My point Rog

Having worked for over 35 years in the city centre you are right they are a blight on cities. Nearly every day for years when I worked in Ty Nant there would be fights or one of the drunks/druggies on the floor in the afternoon outside Cks. Along would come the ambulance usually with police attendance. We often comment on the poor ambulance response times but the times wasted on things like this put patients with life threatening conditions at risk. On one occasion one of the girls who worked part time went to catch the bus home and one of the girls was offering the guy a blow job for a tenner. This was half past 2.

I realise not all are involved in this scene but a large majority are. I used to talk to Tea Cosy Pete on a regular basis. He was a lovely well read guy with excellent knowledge of cricket. He used to compare the likes of PBH, Barrington and his hero Boycott's stats with those of Cook. He had been offered several flats but he always turned them down. As he used to say to me they didn't fit in with his routine. He would be at the same place same time and met the same friends daily and being offered flats in Sketty were of no use to him.

Unfortunately most of them were not like him.

The big issue for me is that we keep being told how wonderful Cardiff and indeed Liverpool are but the reality is the deprivation there is greater than our city.
Up in Cardiff on 08:54 - Dec 9 with 1946 viewsPrivate_Partz

Indeed Builth. The minority of scroungers are highlighted by theTories and the right wing press to tar all the destitute with same brush.
Just look around and you can see the situation is worsening by the day.
Those concerned about benefit fiddling can be rest assured that this Government will leave no stone unturned to get these people. Such a shame the same efforts aren't made in tackling tax avoidance by the Corporates.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Up in Cardiff on 09:03 - Dec 9 with 1931 viewsPrivate_Partz

Up in Cardiff on 21:20 - Dec 8 by Lord_Bony

Yep it's on the increase in Cardiff alright,seems they come from all over the place to the city.

I really do feel sorry for the young vulnerable girls sleeping out in the subways in cardboard boxes in sub zero temperatures.

A new phenomenon.

Indeed. For me it is a combination of austerity and the overheating of certain areas within the Country. I think Wales is a smaller version of England and Cardiff suffers from the same problems as London.
At least in England they make some attempt to redress the balance, not so in Wales.
As a result of over investment house prices shoot up and people are driven out of their homes. It is not just In places such as London and Cardiff either, even though their special circumstances highlight this. Also it is not just rough sleepers. Many are being put up in poor rental and cheap hotel accommodation. Over 100,000, and rising, children in poverty within the U.K. says it all.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Up in Cardiff on 09:09 - Dec 9 with 1925 viewsswan65split

They were quick enough to blame the unions for our so called issues of the 70s, I blame the Thatcher years for our Country/society we live in today.
Up in Cardiff on 09:16 - Dec 9 with 1924 viewswhoflungdung

Taxman.

We re talking Cardiff Wales

We see weekly pisstakes about poverty,slums,bins,hubcaps etc in Liverpool so rather ironic is it not

Liverpool is blighted with beggars as is most of the big cities .

There is adequate provision for shelter but because of lifestyle, I'd,drink,drugs, they don't go.

That is fact

Nothing to do with "heart" either. What trite shite .

How many homeless are being invited by posters to Christmas dinner .

Finally, a few years ago, I offered a beggar/homeless person a job.Cash in hand . He nearly passed out

Up in Cardiff on 09:44 - Dec 9 with 1894 viewsJackfath

Up in Cardiff on 09:16 - Dec 9 by whoflungdung

Taxman.

We see weekly pisstakes about poverty,slums,bins,hubcaps etc in Liverpool so rather ironic is it not

There is adequate provision for shelter but because of lifestyle, I'd,drink,drugs, they don't go.

That is fact

Finally, a few years ago, I offered a beggar/homeless person a job.Cash in hand . He nearly passed out

You are generalising dreadfully. Some find themselves on the street because of a series of life changing events which they are unable to cope with due to mental strain perhaps. Could be anyone you know. Let's not be so narrow minded and insular when debating this issue.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Up in Cardiff on 09:48 - Dec 9 with 1885 viewsProfessor

Up in Cardiff on 09:16 - Dec 9 by whoflungdung

Taxman.

That is fact

Whilst it is Liverpool’s policy that there should be no rough sleepers, there is a clear divide of the ‘hardcore driunks’ who used to sleep by the Brownlow Hill side of the big NCP and a newer, younger group huddled in doorways towards the Waterfront . Not so much drinking or beggars but people fallen between the cracks. I went to university in London in the 80s and rough sleeping was commonplace. Largely gone by 2000 but back with a vengeance now. More aggressive too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024