Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Supporters Trust 20:42 - Dec 11 with 11707 viewsTheResurrection

Right, let's make today the start of a new dawn for the Trust and make sure we all get the transparency it needs.

Phil, can you make this a permanent sticky so posters have a focal point for anything Trust related?

Firstly I'd like to ask to see the 5 new Trust Board member's 250 words.

Ux, can you get Nigel Hamer to send you those so we can have a read and see what we're getting. Also can we see the words of the applicants that didn't get on, to see what we missed out on?

I understand the Chairman is being announced, or at least discussed in a meeting tomorrow. What is the criteria for the decision making for that appointment?

Thanks in advance.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 07:36 - Dec 12 with 2361 viewsYossarian

Congratulations to all who were successful and commiserations to the Res- it would have been interesting!
Nevertheless, as a Trust member, my faith has declined to such an extent that I it will take a complete turnaround in approach for me to re-subscribe next season. I have been let down repeatedly by the Trust, and apart from the unsung Alan Lewis, there has to be a dramatic improvement in terms of focus on the membership and their media profile. Good luck to all.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:07 - Dec 12 with 2249 viewsLandore_Jack

Is there a Trust meeting this week? If so, does anybody have the details? Can't see anything on the Trust website. I am sure I read it somewhere.

#backtojack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:14 - Dec 12 with 2206 viewsVetchfielder

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:07 - Dec 12 by Landore_Jack

Is there a Trust meeting this week? If so, does anybody have the details? Can't see anything on the Trust website. I am sure I read it somewhere.

Yes there is a meeting this week. Taken from the email :

"Members' Forum Confirmed

Our Members' email of 24 November announced that a Members' Forum to discuss all aspects of the Trust was planned for December. We appreciate that this is a difficult time of the year to arrange such an event. However we felt that that those members who were able to get along would appreciate the opportunity to meet up with the Trust Board for an update on current issues and to raise any concerns directly with us. The process to appoint co-opted members to the Trust Board, announced last month, is also nearing completion and, subject to their availability we would hope that the new Board Members will be present at the Forum.
The Members' Forum will be held at the Landore Social Club, Neath Road, Swansea SA1 2LE on Thursday December 14, commencing at 7.00pm.
Any updated information given to members at the start of the Forum will be circulated to all members via email at the same time. Any member who is unable to attend but wishes to raise a specific issue should contact the Trust by clicking the contact link at the top of this email.

Best wishes
The Swans Trust Team"
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 11:28]

Proud to have been one of the 231

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:20 - Dec 12 with 2199 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:14 - Dec 12 by Vetchfielder

Yes there is a meeting this week. Taken from the email :

"Members' Forum Confirmed

Our Members' email of 24 November announced that a Members' Forum to discuss all aspects of the Trust was planned for December. We appreciate that this is a difficult time of the year to arrange such an event. However we felt that that those members who were able to get along would appreciate the opportunity to meet up with the Trust Board for an update on current issues and to raise any concerns directly with us. The process to appoint co-opted members to the Trust Board, announced last month, is also nearing completion and, subject to their availability we would hope that the new Board Members will be present at the Forum.
The Members' Forum will be held at the Landore Social Club, Neath Road, Swansea SA1 2LE on Thursday December 14, commencing at 7.00pm.
Any updated information given to members at the start of the Forum will be circulated to all members via email at the same time. Any member who is unable to attend but wishes to raise a specific issue should contact the Trust by clicking the contact link at the top of this email.

Best wishes
The Swans Trust Team"
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 11:28]

Thanks for the reply.

#backtojack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:46 - Dec 12 with 2119 viewsTheResurrection

Any reason why this hasn't or can't be made a sticky on this site for us to use as a sounding board?

Phil?

Also Ux, can we see the other new Board members 250 words please? I'm sure you've read this thread so any reason for not replying?

We have a right to know, don't we?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:09 - Dec 12 with 2037 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:46 - Dec 12 by TheResurrection

Any reason why this hasn't or can't be made a sticky on this site for us to use as a sounding board?

Phil?

Also Ux, can we see the other new Board members 250 words please? I'm sure you've read this thread so any reason for not replying?

We have a right to know, don't we?

Yep. Work. Life. Family. Seriously mate, I know you think I'm F5'ing the hell out of PS, but there's just not enough hours in the day for that. That and my, or anyone else's sanity, could never cope of course.

Anyway, as alluded to by three people who were "successful", there was no comment that such statements would be made public and, given the varying degrees of edits/uncomfortableness of releasing their original statements, it'd be inappropriate for me to just cut and paste the statements I saw onto here for the remaining two. That's not me not being transparent, it's me not putting things into the public domain that someone hasn't agreed to.

I'd make this a broader point though. There should be pen pics of all Trust board members available for public viewing, as well as more visibility on who the representatives are. I think that's one of the proposals of one of the subgroups we're reviewing in tonight's meeting and I'd expect that to go through.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:25 - Dec 12 with 2010 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:09 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Yep. Work. Life. Family. Seriously mate, I know you think I'm F5'ing the hell out of PS, but there's just not enough hours in the day for that. That and my, or anyone else's sanity, could never cope of course.

Anyway, as alluded to by three people who were "successful", there was no comment that such statements would be made public and, given the varying degrees of edits/uncomfortableness of releasing their original statements, it'd be inappropriate for me to just cut and paste the statements I saw onto here for the remaining two. That's not me not being transparent, it's me not putting things into the public domain that someone hasn't agreed to.

I'd make this a broader point though. There should be pen pics of all Trust board members available for public viewing, as well as more visibility on who the representatives are. I think that's one of the proposals of one of the subgroups we're reviewing in tonight's meeting and I'd expect that to go through.

Great suggestion Ux ... as an immediate step forward for transparency ... go for it tonight and secure agreement that biographies of all Trust members go up on the Trust website by Friday .. including their tenure on the Trust board.

While you’re on a roll for transparency, let’s have some real information about the proposed share sale ... given what I understand of the changes and divided board ... it surely needs to be taken back to members for a vote based on balanced information (not the titled options that were issued earlier this year).

Posting meeting minutes on the day of a Trust board meeting is poor practice as it gives members no opportunity to provide input or feedback to board members they know. Minutes should be issues within a few days of the meeting. Please table this also.

Thank you.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:27 - Dec 12 with 2005 viewsMoscowJack

Ux - what will the pen pics state? How old they are? What experience they have? What they believe the Trust stands for (short and long term)? What do they see as the Trust's main priorities in the next 12 months?

Things like that, or just a pic and an "I have supported the Swansea for 87 years and I speak Welsh" sort of message?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:32 - Dec 12 with 1988 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:25 - Dec 12 by swanseajack4eva

Great suggestion Ux ... as an immediate step forward for transparency ... go for it tonight and secure agreement that biographies of all Trust members go up on the Trust website by Friday .. including their tenure on the Trust board.

While you’re on a roll for transparency, let’s have some real information about the proposed share sale ... given what I understand of the changes and divided board ... it surely needs to be taken back to members for a vote based on balanced information (not the titled options that were issued earlier this year).

Posting meeting minutes on the day of a Trust board meeting is poor practice as it gives members no opportunity to provide input or feedback to board members they know. Minutes should be issues within a few days of the meeting. Please table this also.

Thank you.

Tend to agree minutes should be released earlier than they are, however the practice from the very beginning has been to confirm them at the following meeting.

I'd dispute the balanced information argument personally. I think the pack provided to members was at pains to be balanced and comprehensive.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:34 - Dec 12 with 1982 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:27 - Dec 12 by MoscowJack

Ux - what will the pen pics state? How old they are? What experience they have? What they believe the Trust stands for (short and long term)? What do they see as the Trust's main priorities in the next 12 months?

Things like that, or just a pic and an "I have supported the Swansea for 87 years and I speak Welsh" sort of message?

I'd suggest a free rein. Say whatever each person wants it to say. If someone wants to fill it with soundbites and the like then let them crack on. People will judge accordingly, particularly when the elections come.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 1975 viewsBobby_Fischer

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:27 - Dec 12 by MoscowJack

Good question, it would be a completely pointless exercise if the only info on there is their star sign and favourite colour.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:37 - Dec 12 with 1969 viewsexhmrc1

The problem is people applied for these posts on the understanding it was confidential. The trust simply cannot provide this information. If individuals wish to do so like The Res it is their prerogative. Many who applied might not want others to know they applied. If the trust acted in the way the Res suggests it could well deter people from applying in future. I am not legally trained but would also think the trust would be breaking the Data Protection Act if it declared the candidates statements without their authority.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:01 - Dec 12 with 1923 viewsswancity

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:32 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Tend to agree minutes should be released earlier than they are, however the practice from the very beginning has been to confirm them at the following meeting.

I'd dispute the balanced information argument personally. I think the pack provided to members was at pains to be balanced and comprehensive.

Ah that's ok then if that's been the practice from the very beginning.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:35 - Dec 12 with 1889 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:32 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Yes, it is normal practice on boards to confirm approval of the minutes at the next meeting. The draft minutes are general written a few days after the meeting - the draft minutes (or key communication points) can be released to members shortly after the meeting. With a good board Secretary there are rarely significant modifications.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on briefing to members on the proposed share sale ... in my view it was written to spread fear and doubt in members by tilting the narrative significantly to secure support for the majority Trust board view.

Thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:52 - Dec 12 with 1864 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:34 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

I'd suggest a free rein. Say whatever each person wants it to say. If someone wants to fill it with soundbites and the like then let them crack on. People will judge accordingly, particularly when the elections come.

Ux - I like your proposal.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 20:54 - Dec 12 with 1807 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:09 - Dec 12 by Uxbridge

Yeah, well I know Rhys Thomas alluded to that fact, that he didn't expect his 250 words to be published online, however, if you're putting yourself in a public position and out there, what's to hide.

The Board made the decision to appoint 5 and decline 10. Fine, but lets see why.

If you're going to put yourself up to serve the members of the Trust, let US ALL see what you have to offer.

Otherwise we can file this latest issue as more closed book nonsense and we really need to start making an effort to change this RIGHT NOW!!

Why were the 5 appointed, what do they offer the other 10 can't and who voted for who?

Or should I email Nigel Hamer for this?

Could you find out for us please, when you log in after your busy day ;-)

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 20:59 - Dec 12 with 1791 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:37 - Dec 12 by exhmrc1

The problem is people applied for these posts on the understanding it was confidential. The trust simply cannot provide this information. If individuals wish to do so like The Res it is their prerogative. Many who applied might not want others to know they applied. If the trust acted in the way the Res suggests it could well deter people from applying in future. I am not legally trained but would also think the trust would be breaking the Data Protection Act if it declared the candidates statements without their authority.

I'm sorry mate but these people are the wrong people if that is their mindset. They are putting themselves forward to serve their members and we have a right to know what they can offer and why they were chosen.

I completely disagree with the whole sentiment in what you're saying.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:58 - Dec 12 with 1724 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:37 - Dec 12 by exhmrc1

All Trust board members should be willing to have their biography on the Trust website. This is normal for boards who represent members/shareholders/etc.

Transparency Is important for any hope of rebuilding credibility.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:00 - Dec 12 with 1717 viewsexhmrc1

My understanding of the DPA is that the Trust board cannot disclose this as I am certain the legal people will tell you. If this was going to be made public this should have been advised to people BEFORE they apply not AFTER.

This is no different to someone applying for a job or promotion. The same rules apply.

I admire you for putting your statement out however it is for the individuals themselves to decide if they wish to do so not for the trust who could get into problems for doing so.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:01 - Dec 12 with 1710 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 21:58 - Dec 12 by swanseajack4eva

All Trust board members should be willing to have their biography on the Trust website. This is normal for boards who represent members/shareholders/etc.

Transparency Is important for any hope of rebuilding credibility.

That’s going to happen very soon.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:02 - Dec 12 with 1703 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:00 - Dec 12 by exhmrc1

My understanding of the DPA is that the Trust board cannot disclose this as I am certain the legal people will tell you. If this was going to be made public this should have been advised to people BEFORE they apply not AFTER.

This is no different to someone applying for a job or promotion. The same rules apply.

I admire you for putting your statement out however it is for the individuals themselves to decide if they wish to do so not for the trust who could get into problems for doing so.

No it's not. This is a public service post so to speak, not a private affair in going for employment.

These people are there to serve us. We need to know.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:08 - Dec 12 with 1692 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:01 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

That’s going to happen very soon.

That’s great - well done ECB. Excellent you are already positively influencing the Trust board.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:12 - Dec 12 with 1666 viewsNeathJack

Why hasn't the Swans Trust twitter account bothered tweeting that there is a members forum on Thursday?

So much for improved communication.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:24 - Dec 12 with 1622 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:08 - Dec 12 by swanseajack4eva

That’s great - well done ECB. Excellent you are already positively influencing the Trust board.

Ha, I’d love to claim it was my suggestion but it wasn’t, it was already in train. There was unanimous agreement that it needs to happen though.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:31 - Dec 12 with 1601 viewsGaryjack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:08 - Dec 12 by swanseajack4eva

I wouldn't bank on it. Here's a pic Nigel Hamer took of EXCB's 'initiation ceremony'!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024