Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Supporters Trust 20:42 - Dec 11 with 11702 viewsTheResurrection

Right, let's make today the start of a new dawn for the Trust and make sure we all get the transparency it needs.

Phil, can you make this a permanent sticky so posters have a focal point for anything Trust related?

Firstly I'd like to ask to see the 5 new Trust Board member's 250 words.

Ux, can you get Nigel Hamer to send you those so we can have a read and see what we're getting. Also can we see the words of the applicants that didn't get on, to see what we missed out on?

I understand the Chairman is being announced, or at least discussed in a meeting tomorrow. What is the criteria for the decision making for that appointment?

Thanks in advance.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:44 - Dec 13 with 1517 viewsswanforthemoney

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:07 - Dec 13 by ajmcglashan

Hello everyone I am Andrew McGlashan and I’m also one of the new recruits to the Trust Board. A profile of me will be going up on to the Trust website in due course but for now I thought it would be helpful to give some background on myself:

I have been following the Swans since the 2000/01 season and my Olchfa days. I am a corporate solicitor that qualified in 2012 and I have a lot of experience in UK and international corporate deals. As a result I have a strong background in negotiation, project management and effective communication. My experience also includes working on a large number of deals with US parties and in particular private equity / venture capitalist houses. Given the current ownership of the Swans I believe my experience can compliment the current expertise on the Trust’s board.

During the period of 2014-2016 I wrote a number of articles on the Swans for a variety of websites. As a result I have forged a good network of Swansea writers & podcast producers who I believe can be extremely useful in helping to increase communications between the Trust and its members. I know this is an area that both the Board and members want to improve and so I will do everything I can to help this.

I am 31, currently based in London and I think this can help give a fresh view and opinion to the existing Board. I am also keen to help canvas the opinion of the large number of Jacks in London and this will be one of the key things I hope to achieve in the next 9 months.

Ultimately I offered to join the Trust because my view is that this is a critical time of the Trust and I can’t just sit by and not offer to help. I believe I have skills and experience that can compliment the existing Board and I am keen to take on as many members’ views as possible to help push the Trust forward.

Congratulations Flash.

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:52 - Dec 13 with 1499 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:30 - Dec 13 by ajmcglashan

As a follow up - given that I am a corporate lawyer, obviously the deal for the shares is the area I think I can be most useful. I still need to get to grips with the deal given I have only been on the board a few days. Rest assured though I am well aware from my day job that if the members vote on a deal then any material change to the terms of the that deal will need member sign off before it is signed. I will be the first to raise these concerns if I think that this is the case.

Just to shortcut it for you then, the deal was predicated on a working relationship and good faith that has been trampled on to such an extent that the previous Trust Chair (who had seen Tony Petty ousted and so knew a thing or two about bad faith) and another co-opted member felt the need to resign.

Does that sound "material" (I so hate that weasel word) to you? Plus the fact that the Board are no longer united behind the deal, which was a clear part of the recommendation, is also "material", no?'

Sorry, not meaning to put you on the spot, but you did open the door and use a megaphone to shout "come in"

I am biased as I cannot see how the deal can possibly go ahead now in any form. To try and claim or argue that the counterpart's bad faith is "not material" when the Trust Chair resigned over it would be palpably ridiculous.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:57 - Dec 13 with 1487 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:33 - Dec 13 by Bobby_Fischer

About time!

Yep, well and truly about time! Not only todays SWEP mind! Yesterday also!
Big black bold lettering that took up the whole front page yesterday

Quote: EX-Swans-Director 'was Bullied Into Resigning'

I'm just great that the bullsh#t....the myth....the JTAK overhype....the utterly false perception(s)....The fiction....The lie(s) that Jenkins and his merry band of conniving leeches were at SCFC out of selfless devotion for the club is now being blown out of the water

Some idiots actually think that from (lower division days) Jenkins and Co were selflessly volunteering to count all the gate money, to count the Harry Griffiths bar takings, to count the catering takings, to count the programme takings etc. Lots of heavy money bags to be counted and carried there? What an upstanding bunch to see that every penny of that money arrived at the bank hey?

Argus!

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:12 - Dec 13 with 1438 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:52 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Just to shortcut it for you then, the deal was predicated on a working relationship and good faith that has been trampled on to such an extent that the previous Trust Chair (who had seen Tony Petty ousted and so knew a thing or two about bad faith) and another co-opted member felt the need to resign.

Does that sound "material" (I so hate that weasel word) to you? Plus the fact that the Board are no longer united behind the deal, which was a clear part of the recommendation, is also "material", no?'

Sorry, not meaning to put you on the spot, but you did open the door and use a megaphone to shout "come in"

I am biased as I cannot see how the deal can possibly go ahead now in any form. To try and claim or argue that the counterpart's bad faith is "not material" when the Trust Chair resigned over it would be palpably ridiculous.

This 100%. The deal should be pulled, a new information campaign by the Trust, SCSA, ATFV and any other means at our disposal should let the Trust members (a great number of whom have no idea whatsoever as to what is going on) what the right course of action should be; and that is legal action.

The Americans tried to renegotiate. That means they should have lost the Trust of the Trust (!) and now should be subjected to court action.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:13 - Dec 13 with 1437 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:52 - Dec 13 by monmouth

That's one interpretation. Give the lad a chance to breath mun!

Anyway, I'll just dip in to say I found all 4 additions very impressive both in terms of their applications and their involvement during their first meeting. Also good to seem them posting on here, if only for my own sanity. We can but hope this is the start of the Trust becoming a stronger organisation.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:14 - Dec 13 with 1427 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:13 - Dec 13 by Uxbridge

Anyway, I'll just dip in to say I found all 4 additions very impressive both in terms of their applications and their involvement during their first meeting. Also good to seem them posting on here, if only for my own sanity. We can but hope this is the start of the Trust becoming a stronger organisation.

I know, I almost felt guilty.

:)

Welcome Andrew

There do seem to be a lot of Andrews though.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:16 - Dec 13 with 1418 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:14 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Welcome Andrew

Far too many. There's probably a rule against it somewhere. There's a tap-in for anyone who wants it ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:35 - Dec 13 with 1367 viewschad

Welcome one and all

A few questions from me to all the new Trust Board members — and the existing ones for that matter

1. How did you vote in the deal ballot? If you did not vote, why and how would you have voted? Has your view on how the vote should go changed now

2. What will you do, if anything (before the deal is executed) to allow a fair hearing, to evidence the serious concerns about the way the information was biasedly represented by the Trust to push the deal through (including an official announcement at the pre vote meeting to deliberately try to discredit other opinions and facts) and the way in which the wider support was deliberately excluded from this critical decision. Especially given the main driver of the vote for the deal (and motivator of other voters) has now said he would vote against it given the chance.

3. As a large drive for the vote was posited on a good relationship of trust with the new owners is not the attempt to change the terms of the agreement a significant and fundamental change to those that were (despite serious misgivings) willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the say so of the Trust.

Out of interest could I also ask why Lisa was not given a vote, as the reason I thought (location) also applies to someone who was?

Thank you one and all in anticipation of a reply
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:39 - Dec 13 with 1355 viewsDarran

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:14 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Welcome Andrew

To avoid confusion we should call ECB Andy he prefers that anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:41 - Dec 13 with 1344 viewsjack247

Hello everyone I am Andrew McGlashan and I’m also one of the new recruits to the Trust Board. A profile of me will be going up on to the Trust website in due course but for now I thought it would be helpful to give some background on myself:

I have been following the Swans since the 2000/01 season and my Olchfa days. I am a corporate solicitor that qualified in 2012 and I have a lot of experience in UK and international corporate deals. As a result I have a strong background in negotiation, project management and effective communication. My experience also includes working on a large number of deals with US parties and in particular private equity / venture capitalist houses. Given the current ownership of the Swans I believe my experience can compliment the current expertise on the Trust’s board.

During the period of 2014-2016 I wrote a number of articles on the Swans for a variety of websites. As a result I have forged a good network of Swansea writers & podcast producers who I believe can be extremely useful in helping to increase communications between the Trust and its members. I know this is an area that both the Board and members want to improve and so I will do everything I can to help this.

I am 31, currently based in London and I think this can help give a fresh view and opinion to the existing Board. I am also keen to help canvas the opinion of the large number of Jacks in London and this will be one of the key things I hope to achieve in the next 9 months.

Ultimately I offered to join the Trust because my view is that this is a critical time of the Trust and I can’t just sit by and not offer to help. I believe I have skills and experience that can compliment the existing Board and I am keen to take on as many members’ views as possible to help push the Trust forward.

Good luck
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:23 - Dec 13 with 1274 viewsTheResurrection

Thanks very much for this Andrew. I really appreciate it personally and as you can see from the many responses, so do a lot of others.

It's always nice to know a lot more about the people who put themselves forward and already we're in a much better position in that respect from you posting.

Please continue to do so and also don't be afraid to upset the apple cart where necessary. They've all been festering for too long in their comfort zone they've lost most sense of purpose.

As for Darren..

Can't you see that having a strong Trust team is THE MOST important factor in all this? You're an odious creature at the best of times but if you can't see the process for success then that's your problem, but try your best to slither and slurp your way around other threads and interests where your pathetic nature would be better deployed.

Now, William O Kelly, your turn please....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:32 - Dec 13 with 1257 viewsTheResurrection

And Phil S,

I ask again, why hasn't this been made a sticky??

There is one for televised TV games but not when we all can debate and ask questions relative to arguably the most important part of the Club? Our stake in it.

At least reply and explain why this can't be made a sticky?

Thanks

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:32 - Dec 13 with 1255 viewsSwanseajill

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:39 - Dec 13 by Darran

To avoid confusion we should call ECB Andy he prefers that anyway.

He will make you pay for that....
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:33 - Dec 13 with 1254 viewsDarran

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:23 - Dec 13 by TheResurrection

Thanks very much for this Andrew. I really appreciate it personally and as you can see from the many responses, so do a lot of others.

It's always nice to know a lot more about the people who put themselves forward and already we're in a much better position in that respect from you posting.

Please continue to do so and also don't be afraid to upset the apple cart where necessary. They've all been festering for too long in their comfort zone they've lost most sense of purpose.

As for Darren..

Can't you see that having a strong Trust team is THE MOST important factor in all this? You're an odious creature at the best of times but if you can't see the process for success then that's your problem, but try your best to slither and slurp your way around other threads and interests where your pathetic nature would be better deployed.

Now, William O Kelly, your turn please....

Yes I do Christophor but comments like “This won't be a good start for you Rhys” are fuçking pathetic.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:42 - Dec 13 with 1233 viewstrampie

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 15:13 - Dec 13 by Uxbridge

Institutionalised, set in their ways, boys and girls club, needs some salt of the earth spit and sawdust ordinary working men and women in the mix.
A new fresh way of thinking not same old, same old.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:48 - Dec 13 with 1222 viewsjack247

Some great contributions from the new board members. The backgrounds are impressive. The willingness to speak up and challenge more so. Let’s hope it continues
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:51 - Dec 13 with 1207 viewstrampie

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:48 - Dec 13 by jack247

Some great contributions from the new board members. The backgrounds are impressive. The willingness to speak up and challenge more so. Let’s hope it continues

People I've been speaking too are not expecting much in the way of change, same old, same old.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:55 - Dec 13 with 1193 viewsTheResurrection

I've just read the Court case thread but not yet the articles linked in it.

For me, this simply highlights how strong a case the Trust have always had and seem hell bent on wasting.

There is always the impact any confrontation would have on the Club and the football in general, but doesn't this just show how weak the Trust has been over the years?

Show some balls FFS and deal with Jenkins head on, I'm fed up of everyone else fighting your battles for you.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:56 - Dec 13 with 1191 viewsjack247

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:51 - Dec 13 by trampie

People I've been speaking too are not expecting much in the way of change, same old, same old.

Who have you been speaking to? It may pan out like that, but the initial signs look encouraging.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:08 - Dec 13 with 1158 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:56 - Dec 13 by jack247

Who have you been speaking to? It may pan out like that, but the initial signs look encouraging.

Well this was Lisa heading to the meeting yesterday.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:17 - Dec 13 with 1127 viewsswanforthemoney

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 16:42 - Dec 13 by trampie

Institutionalised, set in their ways, boys and girls club, needs some salt of the earth spit and sawdust ordinary working men and women in the mix.
A new fresh way of thinking not same old, same old.

What? like 'spit and sawdust' roofing mechants?.
Give the new generation a chance.

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:25 - Dec 13 with 1111 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:08 - Dec 13 by monmouth

Well this was Lisa heading to the meeting yesterday.

Oh please, oh God in the heavens above let her be our very own female version of Elliot Ness!.... Oh please Lord.... Oh dear Lord make her keepeth thy Jenkins and fellow lowlifes aweketh up all night and bestow upon her almighty power to behold all ledgers, balance statements and accounts.

Amen!

Argus!

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 17:39 - Dec 13 with 1084 viewsDewi1jack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:12 - Dec 12 by NeathJack

Why hasn't the Swans Trust twitter account bothered tweeting that there is a members forum on Thursday?

So much for improved communication.

Not only that, but a lot of Trust members (and a very feisty new lady co-optee- if that's a word. You know what I mean) live away from Swansea.

Wouldn't it be better to have forums/ meetings on a Saturday before a match?
Give every member a chance to attend.

Or do forums/ meetings/ AGM by video link?
Give every member a 'membership type' number so only that person can log in (soon know if they've passed it to anyone) and ask questions/ just listen and observe.

Well done to everyone who got on and those who failed.
Chris, go for an elected position "get into 'em ..."

Well done Eilian. Don't worry that your written application is rough or whatever, it's certainly passionate and that's what we need fighting for the members and ultimately the club.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 18:07 - Dec 13 with 1045 viewsMoscowJack

Just caught up with the bio's of the new Board members. I'm not only impressed with what they wrote but for having the gonads to put them on here too. Thank you for that.

Andrew's understanding of the lack of communication is good, but his desire to personally improve it himself is even better. Of course we don't want to hear the same awful ruibbish spouted out as if it's been written by some old fat on valium, so a bloggy "I personally think" type of thing would be refreshing and welcomed, even if we don't always agree with the content. It'll bring the Trust communications out of the 18th Century and gives us a sense of someone WANTING to talk to us, and hopefully listen too.

The issue might come when one or two don't like you sharing your personal views and that's where your personality comes in. That's where we need someone strong, passionate and willing to say what might be unpopular amongst some of your Trust colleagues. If they decide that they can't share certain opinions with you (due to their fear of you sharing them further field), then you can tell us about that too! All the experience and willingness to do blogs is useless unless it's going to tell us something different to what we can read in the extremely boring (and possibly not entirely accurate) minutes.

It seems that they are getting some fresh blood and those with a mixture of skills too, so that proves to me that the "interview" process could have been worth the effort. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it does help select the right people.

I wish all the new Board Members all the very best and also hope that the ones who I don't know have the balls and hunger to find the truth just as much as the ones I do know certainly have.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 18:13 - Dec 13 with 1038 viewsbonymine

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:50 - Dec 13 by Wingstandwood

That fake board meeting (in todays SWEP) sort of really rams home what a despicable lowlife Jenkins is!!!!

And that was Jenkins i.e. the 'high-and-mighty' piece of sh#t that had the audacity to blame the clubs current predicament on the supporters in matchday programme notes.

New song called for

He lies when he wants
He lies when he wants
Judas Jenkins
He lies when he wants

Followed by

Get out of Our Club
Get out of Our Club
You Greedy B@stard
Get out of Our Club

Pointedly then aimed at Jenkins .....let’s give him both barrels until he’s gone.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024