Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Supporters Trust 20:42 - Dec 11 with 11712 viewsTheResurrection

Right, let's make today the start of a new dawn for the Trust and make sure we all get the transparency it needs.

Phil, can you make this a permanent sticky so posters have a focal point for anything Trust related?

Firstly I'd like to ask to see the 5 new Trust Board member's 250 words.

Ux, can you get Nigel Hamer to send you those so we can have a read and see what we're getting. Also can we see the words of the applicants that didn't get on, to see what we missed out on?

I understand the Chairman is being announced, or at least discussed in a meeting tomorrow. What is the criteria for the decision making for that appointment?

Thanks in advance.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:36 - Dec 12 with 1714 viewsswanseajack4eva

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 22:24 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

Ha, I’d love to claim it was my suggestion but it wasn’t, it was already in train. There was unanimous agreement that it needs to happen though.

It’s a results business so take it! I sense the existing Trust board knows that change is coming and new board members in the room only help reinforce this reality.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:26 - Dec 13 with 1618 viewsTheResurrection

I have asked Ux to ask the new Board members if they would show us all their 250 words.

I've also asked Nigel Hamer to provide me with a full list of Trust Board members and their exact time served. He promised me this 2 weeks ago.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:49 - Dec 13 with 1584 viewsEilian

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:26 - Dec 13 by TheResurrection

I have asked Ux to ask the new Board members if they would show us all their 250 words.

I've also asked Nigel Hamer to provide me with a full list of Trust Board members and their exact time served. He promised me this 2 weeks ago.

My statement is a LOT more than 250 words :) Personally Id like them not to be shared.

It also contains a short video that id also not like to be shared if possible!

The Trust is going to put pictures and a fully updated list of names along with a brief statement/description for each person.

It was my suggestion that we use the same three questions that applicants were asked as a guide. Whether or not that s used we will just have to wait and see.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:54 - Dec 13 with 1572 viewsMoscowJack

I do wonder why they seem to determined to make it difficult for us to get the info regarding the lengths of tenure of the Board members.

At first they ignored the question, then we get vague replies and now the question is completely ignored.

I suppose the length of tenure will be added to the pen pics that Ux mentioned, but there's also the other fact that the rules governing the Trust at the moment are being blatantly ignored just because they're going to be changed sometime in the future!

That's like me getting done for speeding on the M4 but asking to get off with it as they might increase the speed limit one day!

I like that there's fresh blood on the Trust Board but the more that I see and the more I hear, the more I think that some of the older blood needs swift removal.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:59 - Dec 13 with 1563 viewsicecoldjack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 20:51 - Dec 11 by exiledclaseboy

Here’s what I sent, with some personal details removed plus details that relate to the specifics of my job, which I won’t put in here and wouldn’t expect the Trust to either. The dots represent where I’ve made the edits. It’s not that long.

I'd like to apply for a co-opted place on the Board of the Supporters' Trust.

I've been a Swans fan for more than 30 years and a season ticket holder for about 20 of them. These are challenging times for the Trust and I'd like to help. I am a... in the civil service with a lot of experience in negotiating, leading and dealing with pressure and high stakes situations. I have dealt extensively with...and have considerable experience of communications and dealing with the press. I'm confident my wide experience would prove an asset to the Trust board.

Given recent events I believe that the Trust should be reconsidering the proposed deal with the club’s majority owners for the sale of the Trust’s shares. I also firmly believe that an almost total lack of effective communication is at the heart of the Trust’s recent problems. Silence breeds speculation and contempt and the Trust has at the moment lost the trust of its members and the wider fan base which the Trust should be attracting as members, especially now. That has to change immediately.

It all feel down for me when the words pressure and civil service were mentioned in the same sentence .
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:06 - Dec 13 with 1551 viewsicecoldjack

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 20:54 - Dec 12 by TheResurrection

Yeah, well I know Rhys Thomas alluded to that fact, that he didn't expect his 250 words to be published online, however, if you're putting yourself in a public position and out there, what's to hide.

The Board made the decision to appoint 5 and decline 10. Fine, but lets see why.

If you're going to put yourself up to serve the members of the Trust, let US ALL see what you have to offer.

Otherwise we can file this latest issue as more closed book nonsense and we really need to start making an effort to change this RIGHT NOW!!

Why were the 5 appointed, what do they offer the other 10 can't and who voted for who?

Or should I email Nigel Hamer for this?

Could you find out for us please, when you log in after your busy day ;-)

I agree.

Good to some publish their words on here that tells me straight away that they are sincere in their actions .

It's all a bit closing the stable door after the horse has bolted for me but credit to those who still believe the trust has something to offer .
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:06 - Dec 13 with 1551 viewschad

This is our Trust and readily available information, that must be supplied now

The clock is 5 to midnight and not for the first time our representatives are covering the facts
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:12 - Dec 13 with 1539 viewsBobby_Fischer

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:49 - Dec 13 by Eilian

My statement is a LOT more than 250 words :) Personally Id like them not to be shared.

The Trust is going to put pictures and a fully updated list of names along with a brief statement/description for each person.

It was my suggestion that we use the same three questions that applicants were asked as a guide. Whether or not that s used we will just have to wait and see.

Using the same three questions seems like a good shout to me.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:35 - Dec 13 with 1503 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:59 - Dec 13 by icecoldjack

It all feel down for me when the words pressure and civil service were mentioned in the same sentence .

That’s hilarious. No really.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:56 - Dec 13 with 1478 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 10:49 - Dec 13 by Eilian

This won't be a good start for you Rhys. What are you happy to tell the old duffers but not happy to tell the members you're supposed to be serving?

Who is Andrew Mcglashen?
Who is William O Kelly?

What motivated them to apply for the Trust Board?

Are they friendly with present Trust Board members?

What did they all say intheir 250 words?

Why is this so difficult?

Still no reply from Nigel Hamer but I did get some emails from him two weeks ago about his brother and the dismissing of posting info on here because not all posters on Planet Swans are Trust members - unbelievable.

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:07 - Dec 13 with 1398 viewsajmcglashan

Hello everyone I am Andrew McGlashan and I’m also one of the new recruits to the Trust Board. A profile of me will be going up on to the Trust website in due course but for now I thought it would be helpful to give some background on myself:

I have been following the Swans since the 2000/01 season and my Olchfa days. I am a corporate solicitor that qualified in 2012 and I have a lot of experience in UK and international corporate deals. As a result I have a strong background in negotiation, project management and effective communication. My experience also includes working on a large number of deals with US parties and in particular private equity / venture capitalist houses. Given the current ownership of the Swans I believe my experience can compliment the current expertise on the Trust’s board.

During the period of 2014-2016 I wrote a number of articles on the Swans for a variety of websites. As a result I have forged a good network of Swansea writers & podcast producers who I believe can be extremely useful in helping to increase communications between the Trust and its members. I know this is an area that both the Board and members want to improve and so I will do everything I can to help this.

I am 31, currently based in London and I think this can help give a fresh view and opinion to the existing Board. I am also keen to help canvas the opinion of the large number of Jacks in London and this will be one of the key things I hope to achieve in the next 9 months.

Ultimately I offered to join the Trust because my view is that this is a critical time of the Trust and I can’t just sit by and not offer to help. I believe I have skills and experience that can compliment the existing Board and I am keen to take on as many members’ views as possible to help push the Trust forward.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:14 - Dec 13 with 1384 viewsIAN05

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:07 - Dec 13 by ajmcglashan

Hello everyone I am Andrew McGlashan and I’m also one of the new recruits to the Trust Board. A profile of me will be going up on to the Trust website in due course but for now I thought it would be helpful to give some background on myself:

I have been following the Swans since the 2000/01 season and my Olchfa days. I am a corporate solicitor that qualified in 2012 and I have a lot of experience in UK and international corporate deals. As a result I have a strong background in negotiation, project management and effective communication. My experience also includes working on a large number of deals with US parties and in particular private equity / venture capitalist houses. Given the current ownership of the Swans I believe my experience can compliment the current expertise on the Trust’s board.

During the period of 2014-2016 I wrote a number of articles on the Swans for a variety of websites. As a result I have forged a good network of Swansea writers & podcast producers who I believe can be extremely useful in helping to increase communications between the Trust and its members. I know this is an area that both the Board and members want to improve and so I will do everything I can to help this.

I am 31, currently based in London and I think this can help give a fresh view and opinion to the existing Board. I am also keen to help canvas the opinion of the large number of Jacks in London and this will be one of the key things I hope to achieve in the next 9 months.

Ultimately I offered to join the Trust because my view is that this is a critical time of the Trust and I can’t just sit by and not offer to help. I believe I have skills and experience that can compliment the existing Board and I am keen to take on as many members’ views as possible to help push the Trust forward.

Great stuff Andrew. Lots of experience and the type of valuable insight that is needed. Great to see ECB on there too, straight talking 'proper old school fan' ( that is a compliment by the way), with loads of experience from his day job. I know little of Rhys but look forward to seeing what he can bring to the Trust as it has always had a problem attracting young people on board.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:15 - Dec 13 with 1381 viewsunion_jack

I am sure your skills and experience will be invaluable.

Would you be in favour of withdrawing the offer to sell shares and recommend legal action instead?

Good luck by the way.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 13:32]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:17 - Dec 13 with 1373 viewsJack_Kass

Andrew,

Do you have a link to any of the articles you have previously posted on theswanseaway.co.uk?

The url no longer seems to be active.

Thanks in advance.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:21 - Dec 13 with 1361 viewsBobby_Fischer

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:17 - Dec 13 by Jack_Kass

Andrew,

Do you have a link to any of the articles you have previously posted on theswanseaway.co.uk?

The url no longer seems to be active.

Thanks in advance.

Is it the same site as: http://theswanseaway.blogspot.co.uk/ ?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:25 - Dec 13 with 1351 viewslonglostjack

Have you ever crossed paths with Oaktree Capital in your dealings with US equity firms ?

Edit: Forgot to congratulate you on your appointment.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 13:33]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:34 - Dec 13 with 1332 viewsJack_Kass

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:21 - Dec 13 by Bobby_Fischer

Is it the same site as: http://theswanseaway.blogspot.co.uk/ ?

Thanks

The article in question is here if anyone else would like to read

http://theswanseaway.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/investment-expert-view.html#.WjEsT0p

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:42 - Dec 13 with 1318 viewsNeath_Jack

Congratulations on the appointment.

What are your views on Huw Jenkins remaining in position and on the deal the Trust are trying to push through, are you in favour of it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:42 - Dec 13 with 1318 viewsDarran

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 11:56 - Dec 13 by TheResurrection

This won't be a good start for you Rhys. What are you happy to tell the old duffers but not happy to tell the members you're supposed to be serving?

Who is Andrew Mcglashen?
Who is William O Kelly?

What motivated them to apply for the Trust Board?

Are they friendly with present Trust Board members?

What did they all say intheir 250 words?

Why is this so difficult?

Still no reply from Nigel Hamer but I did get some emails from him two weeks ago about his brother and the dismissing of posting info on here because not all posters on Planet Swans are Trust members - unbelievable.

Jesus fuçking Christ you’re boring.

Why don’t you start a thread on the news from the court yesterday and tell us all what you think about the fake board meeting or don’t you want to upset your beloved Huw?

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:44 - Dec 13 with 1312 viewsWingstandwood

Impressive!!!!!!!...IMO, the Yanks, Jenkins and the sell-outs should be rather worried about the latest influx of new fresh blood into the trust.

Individuals that know the 'lay-of-the-land' are far less likely to be ambushed and vastly better placed to go on an offensive.

Please no more passive Mr Nice Guy stuff with Jenkins and Co! The betrayal, the conniving dirty dealing, the moving of goalposts shows SCST is dealing with utter scum. You give the b@rstards an inch they'll take a mile, the kinder you treat em the worse they'll abuse that kindness.

The headlines of Jenkins despicable behaviour in today’s SWEP should ram home the very filth that has to be negotiated with.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 13:45]

Argus!

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:50 - Dec 13 with 1294 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:42 - Dec 13 by Darran

Jesus fuçking Christ you’re boring.

Why don’t you start a thread on the news from the court yesterday and tell us all what you think about the fake board meeting or don’t you want to upset your beloved Huw?

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

That fake board meeting (in todays SWEP) sort of really rams home what a despicable lowlife Jenkins is!!!!

And that was Jenkins i.e. the 'high-and-mighty' piece of sh#t that had the audacity to blame the clubs current predicament on the supporters in matchday programme notes.

Argus!

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:51 - Dec 13 with 1290 viewsDarran

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:50 - Dec 13 by Wingstandwood

That fake board meeting (in todays SWEP) sort of really rams home what a despicable lowlife Jenkins is!!!!

And that was Jenkins i.e. the 'high-and-mighty' piece of sh#t that had the audacity to blame the clubs current predicament on the supporters in matchday programme notes.

Is it front page?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:59 - Dec 13 with 1269 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:51 - Dec 13 by Darran

Is it front page?

Its there right on the front cover "Claims of 'fake meeting' with a picture of Jenkins that runs accross/directly in line with the 'South Wales Evening Post' Header print.

Impossible to miss!

The article is on page 5 folks!

Argus!

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:30 - Dec 13 with 1224 viewsajmcglashan

As a follow up - given that I am a corporate lawyer, obviously the deal for the shares is the area I think I can be most useful. I still need to get to grips with the deal given I have only been on the board a few days. Rest assured though I am well aware from my day job that if the members vote on a deal then any material change to the terms of the that deal will need member sign off before it is signed. I will be the first to raise these concerns if I think that this is the case.
Swansea City Supporters Trust on 14:33 - Dec 13 with 1221 viewsBobby_Fischer

Swansea City Supporters Trust on 13:59 - Dec 13 by Wingstandwood

Its there right on the front cover "Claims of 'fake meeting' with a picture of Jenkins that runs accross/directly in line with the 'South Wales Evening Post' Header print.

Impossible to miss!

The article is on page 5 folks!

About time!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024