Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread 13:22 - Dec 16 with 46458 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 19:12]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 01:18 - Dec 19 with 2080 viewsjasper_T

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 00:49 - Dec 19 by longlostjack

Can't say we played badly. Need to go for the jugular if we're one up. Narsingh impressed fair play. How the hell could Mesa have been left out of the team for so long? Bloody scandalous. Tammy needs to get stuck in - publicity seems to have gone to his head. Fer scored but ... Caroll grow a pair and have a bit of confidence in yourself man! Bizarre as it may sound I'd stick with Clement who also needs to grow a pair and stick up for himself in next transfer window.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 0:50]

What do you think "standing up for himself" looks like? Public moaning and rants in press conferences until he's sacked? Walking out?

He was hired knowing he wouldn't have much say in transfers and that's how it's working out. The one guy he used his connections to get is a fraud of a footballer who has cost this club more than £10m for the season.

I'm amazed there are still people backing him. Utter insanity.
The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 01:33 - Dec 19 with 2062 viewsWanderer

just thought, if Siggy was taking their penalties... he could have scored a hat tirck tonight, at least that did not happen.
The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:03 - Dec 19 with 1768 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:40 - Dec 18 by Pacemaker

I have to say compared to some performances this season I didn't think we played that bad.

Bony getting injured so early was a massive blow. Everton didn't look like scoring in first half the penalty was clumsy more than inept and the rebound fell to virtually the only player in that patch of grass.

The Gylfi goal well we knew that was coming. 3rd goal was not a penalty. We actually passed and moved and caused them problems, did we work their goalie? Not nearly enough.

They have a much better squad than us but they didn't look two goals better despite the scoreline.

The team need our support on Saturday if there is any booing and moaning leave it until the final whistle. Support the team not the owners.

If Wild hadn't been injured I'm sure we would have got at least a point out of the game or maybe even won it. Mesa played well but having Wilf there just gives him so much more scope to move the team forward.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:04 - Dec 19 with 1767 viewsProfessor

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 00:49 - Dec 19 by longlostjack

Can't say we played badly. Need to go for the jugular if we're one up. Narsingh impressed fair play. How the hell could Mesa have been left out of the team for so long? Bloody scandalous. Tammy needs to get stuck in - publicity seems to have gone to his head. Fer scored but ... Caroll grow a pair and have a bit of confidence in yourself man! Bizarre as it may sound I'd stick with Clement who also needs to grow a pair and stick up for himself in next transfer window.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 0:50]

I agree

Mesa and Narsingh (and in fairness Nathan Dyer) had a go at least. Too many anonymous performances.
The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:09 - Dec 19 with 1762 viewsWarwickHunt

Wales Online ratings from someone called Andrew Gwilym ...

Unfortunate typo followed by an unfortunate sentence?

Federico Fernandez 6

Back in the side after sitting out five games in total, looked assured aside from one moment in the second half where he was turned father easily by Calvert-Lewin.

Alfie Mawson 6

Left for dead by one Aaron Lennon turn, but was otherwise on the money, making several important headed clearances from Sigurdsson's renowned dead-ball deliveries.
The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:01 - Dec 19 with 1704 viewsBloodyhills

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:38 - Dec 18 by trampie

That Mesa bloke is useless, one of the worst players I have seen in a Swansea shirt.

Do you really believe that?

Sure he has a costly mistake or two in him but when he plays we actually look like some sort of team that can pass the ball around and create something. Without him we are unbelievably disjointed.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:48 - Dec 19 with 1532 viewstrampie

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:01 - Dec 19 by Bloodyhills

Do you really believe that?

Sure he has a costly mistake or two in him but when he plays we actually look like some sort of team that can pass the ball around and create something. Without him we are unbelievably disjointed.

You can teach somebody with limited football ability to play that position, they just need to have positional discipline and energy, they don't need to be able to beat a man, play a defence splitting pass or have a shot or be able to finish, they just need to run around, fill a space and pass 5 yards sideways, Mesa has been incapable so far of furfilling the most basic roll on the field, even Canas was better than him at this stage.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:36 - Dec 19 with 1507 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 20:48 - Dec 19 by trampie

You can teach somebody with limited football ability to play that position, they just need to have positional discipline and energy, they don't need to be able to beat a man, play a defence splitting pass or have a shot or be able to finish, they just need to run around, fill a space and pass 5 yards sideways, Mesa has been incapable so far of furfilling the most basic roll on the field, even Canas was better than him at this stage.

Total lack of professionalism by our players/management was the reason we lost last night.

After loosing Bony with a (fractured flip flop or ruptured eye lash again) fcking incredible, we started ok and actually passed the ball around.

We totally deserved to go in front but like most other Swans fans watching i knew we would drop a bollock right before half time and we did exactly that.

Ball played into Rooney on the edge of our 18 yard and dead ball line with his back to goal so no real danger but we all just froze and watched him flick the ball inside to Aaron Lenon then Mesa just over commits and the slightest touch and he's on the deck.

That was a massive difference going in 1-1 instead of winning 1-0

The 2nd goal was even worse for me. We all know what Siggy can do when he receives the ball out on the left hand side, he cuts back infield to get it on his right foot to shoot at goal.

All the Swans players know this having played and trained with him for years but he just ambled back inside without any major challenges and bang 2-1. Unacceptable

The 3rd goal was much the same as we switched off yet again and conceded another penalty.
Some say it was just bad luck but that is far too easy.

We are mentally too weak and unprofessional, all our boys need to fuking man up and grow a pair fast as we will soon be 9 or 10 points adriffed if we don't win against Palace.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:44 - Dec 19 with 1498 viewslonglostjack

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:36 - Dec 19 by skettyparkherbert

Total lack of professionalism by our players/management was the reason we lost last night.

After loosing Bony with a (fractured flip flop or ruptured eye lash again) fcking incredible, we started ok and actually passed the ball around.

We totally deserved to go in front but like most other Swans fans watching i knew we would drop a bollock right before half time and we did exactly that.

Ball played into Rooney on the edge of our 18 yard and dead ball line with his back to goal so no real danger but we all just froze and watched him flick the ball inside to Aaron Lenon then Mesa just over commits and the slightest touch and he's on the deck.

The 2nd goal was even worse for me. We all know what Siggy can do when he receives the ball out on the left hand side, he cuts back infield to get it on his right foot to shoot at goal.

All the Swans players know this having played and trained with him for years but he just ambled back inside without any major challenges and bang 2-1. Unacceptable

The 3rd goal was much the same as we switched off yet again and conceded another penalty.

We are mentally too weak and unprofessional, all our boys need to fuking man up and grow a pair fast as we will soon be 9 or 10 points adriffed if we don't win against Palace.

Good post. Up until the 46th minute we were the better team though, which makes it all the more sickening. Attack is often the beat form of defence. We stopped pressing after we scored. Not good enough.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 21:45]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:53 - Dec 19 with 1482 viewsmonmouth

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:44 - Dec 19 by longlostjack

Good post. Up until the 46th minute we were the better team though, which makes it all the more sickening. Attack is often the beat form of defence. We stopped pressing after we scored. Not good enough.

Hmm I wonder whose influence makes us go all passive after we score, and doesn't learn that if there's any time left in the game we lose.

We almost always need a second goal to win a game, we almost never go for one.

Yesterday was probably as good as we get. I'm starting to thoroughly detest the bloke that is killing even this bunch of players.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:05 - Dec 19 with 1474 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:44 - Dec 19 by longlostjack

Thats why its so fuking frustrating because you know we have got a performance in us but we just haven't got the bottle to get it out.

We were the better team in the 1st half but we are so fuking week as a team.

When you are in our position the Manager has to drill into the team that the starting point and absolute minimum requirement is 100% effort as this has deffo not been the case so far.

Its as basic as turning every 50/50 tackle into a 60/40 in your favour, every 1'st and 2nd ball has to be competed for and every player has to be touch tight when we loose the ball.

But we still want to play with a sort of freedom and an attitude of we don't need to do the hard work as we will be ok.

Cristal Palace is a massive game and we need to scrap for every single ball if we are to get anything out of it but the players need to accept that they are massively underperforming and draw a line and start from here otherwise we are just going to go down with a whimper.

We as fans have a huge part to play in this too.
The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:09 - Dec 19 with 1462 viewsmonmouth

At the moment Crystal Palace are a better team than Everton. Thank God Benteke is out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:11 - Dec 19 with 1461 viewsunion_jack

The Official Everton FC Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:36 - Dec 19 by skettyparkherbert

Don't forget that Siggurdson also knows the Swans players and when he cut in and saw it was Naughton, all his Christmases came at once. All he had to do (!) was hit the ball, he was never going to be tackled and he knew it.

I don't think it was a penalty in the first half or the second. He went down far too easily (yes, there was contact) and I reckon if it had been us it wouldn't have been given. The second penalty, he tripped himself up in the box. Any contact initially was outside so that was unlucky. But when it's not going for you...

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024