Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement Gone 20:02 - Dec 20 with 36191 viewsDr_Winston

Sacked

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-part-company-paul-clement

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement Gone on 22:05 - Dec 20 with 4115 viewsharryhpalmer

Clement Gone on 21:11 - Dec 20 by Headmaster

I wouldn't listen too much to this guy. I know someone who knows him. Young, inexperienced journo with little knowledge of the Swans, or much else for that matter!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Clement Gone on 22:07 - Dec 20 with 4077 viewsicecoldjack

Clement Gone on 21:53 - Dec 20 by PawelAbbott

Luis Enrique is available!!!
Carlo Ancelotti,?
😀
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 21:58]

Carlo with clement as his number 2 ?
Clement Gone on 22:11 - Dec 20 with 4016 viewsBobby_Fischer

Clement Gone on 22:05 - Dec 20 by Glyn1

I'd take Hughes over Pulis every day of the week. Hughes is a miserable whinger but his teams play good football, including Stoke who are now an attractive team to watch.

But I don't see any reason why he would want to come here.

No chance will Hughes come here to be a yes man for Jenkins.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Clement Gone on 22:17 - Dec 20 with 3914 viewsSTID2017

Clement Gone on 21:35 - Dec 20 by Townhill_Hilton

Frying pans and Fires comes to mind.
We are in no shape to continue as a Premier League team and with the squad we have at the moment would struggle to avoid Championship relegation.
We are now on paper and pitch the worst squad in the league, and there is no papering over that fact. A new manager and two or three players aren't going to miraculously change our fortunes. We had Gylfi and Llorente last year, our only class players and we sold them to line the Yanks pockets, in what was a classic case of asset stripping. They sneakily sold of Cork in the summer and we now have no other assets left to sell. When we drop, they will pocket the parachute payments and sell the club to the highest bidder.
I've made my peace with going back to the Championship, but we need to have a plan to save the club from dropping right back through the leagues as we did last time we were in the top flight.
As I said, frying pans and fires.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 21:36]

Sneakily sold off Cork ?
It was between him and Tom Carroll who got the most pelters and everyone thought the club had done well to sell him at the price they did.
Cork is doing well for Burnley, but he wasn't well thought of down here.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Clement Gone on 22:20 - Dec 20 with 3867 viewsLandore_Jack

Oh shit. I just thought of somebody worse than Clement..........Giggs!

#backtojack

Clement Gone on 22:21 - Dec 20 with 3856 viewspencoedjack

Clement Gone on 21:38 - Dec 20 by Dafydd

I may be wrong, but reading some of tonight’s responses to Clement’s sacking, I get the feeling that for some, the main problem is over. Let us all pause and think what is really behind the demise of our club. With, at last, a head of steam building up to channel fans’ anger about the way the club is being managed, it is essential that this is not deflected in any way as a result of a change in managers. The problem remains and will remain until the stables are cleaned and disonfected. Please let us not be sidetracked.

Spot on fella
Clement Gone on 22:24 - Dec 20 with 3821 viewsskettyparkherbert

Clement Gone on 22:17 - Dec 20 by STID2017

Sneakily sold off Cork ?
It was between him and Tom Carroll who got the most pelters and everyone thought the club had done well to sell him at the price they did.

He was by me any many others.

He was a natural holding midfielder that competed for every 2nd ball, exactly what we are missing now.

Better than Fer, Ki, Mesa. Leon and Clueless at that role?

We have missed him big time.
Clement Gone on 22:29 - Dec 20 with 3739 viewsSTID2017

Clement Gone on 22:24 - Dec 20 by skettyparkherbert

He was by me any many others.

He was a natural holding midfielder that competed for every 2nd ball, exactly what we are missing now.

Better than Fer, Ki, Mesa. Leon and Clueless at that role?

We have missed him big time.

I'm not critising him, but many did while he was here.
Many thought we'd done well to sell him - yet the previous poster said he was sneakily sold off.
How ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Clement Gone on 22:30 - Dec 20 with 3728 viewsTheKirkyLife

Well done to all giving Clement a fair shout and send off - he worked a miracle last season.

I'm laughing at how many are now getting on the Koeman train which I'd been slaughtered for a couple of months back. Easily the best of the realistic candidates and someone who won't take nonsense from the board on transfers. A lot of faith would be restored if he is appointed I feel and the tweet from Riath is very encouraging.

I like the thought of Rodgers coming back, I'm intrigued by Jokanovic but hell even Pulis would be fine for me.

Guess we hold onto the rails until tomorrow, I'm hoping for Curtis short term again - man knows how to pick up a defeated Swansea team.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 22:37]
Clement Gone on 22:33 - Dec 20 with 3679 viewsLord_Bony

Good.

Now let's get back to our roots the Swansea Way before it's too late.

Bringing out Alan Curtis as assistant manager would be a good start to the new year.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Clement Gone on 22:35 - Dec 20 with 3647 viewsskettyparkherbert

Clement Gone on 22:33 - Dec 20 by Lord_Bony

Good.

Now let's get back to our roots the Swansea Way before it's too late.

Bringing out Alan Curtis as assistant manager would be a good start to the new year.

Bang on there
Clement Gone on 22:35 - Dec 20 with 3642 viewsPawelAbbott

Clement Gone on 22:30 - Dec 20 by TheKirkyLife

Well done to all giving Clement a fair shout and send off - he worked a miracle last season.

I'm laughing at how many are now getting on the Koeman train which I'd been slaughtered for a couple of months back. Easily the best of the realistic candidates and someone who won't take nonsense from the board on transfers. A lot of faith would be restored if he is appointed I feel and the tweet from Riath is very encouraging.

I like the thought of Rodgers coming back, I'm intrigued by Jokanovic but hell even Pulis would be fine for me.

Guess we hold onto the rails until tomorrow, I'm hoping for Curtis short term again - man knows how to pick up a defeated Swansea team.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 22:37]

They'd have to pay compensation for Jokanovic so I can't see that happening
Clement Gone on 22:50 - Dec 20 with 3456 viewsSwanzay

Leon has been spending alot of time in Morgans this week with MM...
Clement Gone on 23:20 - Dec 20 with 3156 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Graeme Jones?
Clement Gone on 23:24 - Dec 20 with 3117 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement sacking won't fix the cancer in this club but by fůck I'm glad I won't have I see his miserable loser face every again.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clement Gone on 23:54 - Dec 20 with 2936 viewsGeoffThom

Clement Gone on 21:07 - Dec 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Spot on.

Clement was the architect of his own downfall the min he didn’t stand up for himself and get the correct playing staff in the summer ,don’t forget he said he was happy with the team bad mistake .
Even when people point out we’re championship players ,maybe we h@ve but he couldn’t get them going ,were as other clubs with so called championship players ,ie,Brighton Huddersfield,Burnley and the like are going out and scrapping for results we’re not and that’s down to the manager ,he had to go !!
Clement Gone on 23:54 - Dec 20 with 2935 viewslidojack

If it was going to be done it should have been after the Brighton game.

This is nothing more than a diversion by the board. We are not investing meaningfully in January and they are going to use the change in management as a ploy to distract the fans.

Clement proved that he could not get performances out of the squad minus Siggy and Llorente months ago so the timing if this sacking smacks of ineptitude and desperation.

Hopefully someone is employed who can motivate a team of championship players to perform above their station. Otherwise it is plain to see that we are resigned to relegation and the board have started the cost saving approach in double quick time.
Clement Gone on 00:01 - Dec 21 with 2878 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Clement Gone on 22:17 - Dec 20 by STID2017

Sneakily sold off Cork ?

Point was it was another premier league quality player sold off and not replaced. We are being asset stripped, pure and simple.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 0:04]
Clement Gone on 00:09 - Dec 21 with 2811 viewsGeoffThom

Clement Gone on 00:01 - Dec 21 by Townhill_Hilton

Point was it was another premier league quality player sold off and not replaced. We are being asset stripped, pure and simple.

Sorry he was replaced with a16m waste of space
Clement Gone on 00:10 - Dec 21 with 2805 viewsTheKirkyLife

Louis van Gaal being touted as a potential candidate.

Some of these journalists are having a right field day aren't they?
Clement Gone on 02:26 - Dec 21 with 2525 viewsGlyn1

If I've got this right, he took 41 points from 37 matches, i.e. one short of a full season. There's a decent manager there although not for us. Personally I'd rank him below Guidolin and above Bradley (obviously).

But does this mean that the new manager will have no input in the January transfer window because he will still be assessing the current players. So it will be Jenkins making the transfer decisions?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clement Gone on 03:46 - Dec 21 with 2471 viewsEU5Makaveli

I feel outraged, yes his tactics were sometimes poor but look at the bigger picture. Including Curtis we have had 5/6 managers in 3 years (yes I even lost count). Moreover, in the the last 18 months we have sold Ayew, Williams, Sigurdsson and Llorente. However, it is always the fault of the manager for the bad results. I need this explaining. If anyone needs sacking then it's the board for selling the best players. They are the people at fault for sending this club backwards.
Clement Gone on 03:48 - Dec 21 with 2469 viewsEU5Makaveli

Clement Gone on 20:07 - Dec 20 by JoshTheJack

Pulis deal done then.

Rangel publicly spoke about the demise of the 'Swansea way'. Pulls will kill it no ends
Clement Gone on 05:33 - Dec 21 with 2414 viewsDr_Winston

Clement Gone on 00:01 - Dec 21 by Townhill_Hilton

Plenty round here were claiming Cork was Championship class as best, as they usually do when they dislike a player.

Truth is Cork took a slagging because he was playing instead of Leon, no matter how well he did.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement Gone on 06:26 - Dec 21 with 2349 viewsicecoldjack

Clement Gone on 23:54 - Dec 20 by GeoffThom

Clement was the architect of his own downfall the min he didn’t stand up for himself and get the correct playing staff in the summer ,don’t forget he said he was happy with the team bad mistake .
Even when people point out we’re championship players ,maybe we h@ve but he couldn’t get them going ,were as other clubs with so called championship players ,ie,Brighton Huddersfield,Burnley and the like are going out and scrapping for results we’re not and that’s down to the manager ,he had to go !!

This sums it up perfect for me. He was a bit too much of a yes man there. He should really have either walked in the summer or demanded total control, the power was with him then, maybe deep down he didn't have the confidence to do that? it's also possible he didn't fancy crossing swords knowing it will bite him later on.

Either way, think Clement got it wrong in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024