Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. 18:54 - Dec 28 with 6561 viewsItchySphincter

In the interest of balance being as there are so many derogatory threads on the matter.

I'm not saying for a second that he'll save us from relegation, I don't think he will, but this is the first appointment we've made in the 'mythical' Swansea way for a good few yeas.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:00 - Dec 28 with 1381 viewsCrazedBison

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:50 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

I'm not if that's what you're asking but someone else pointed at his goal scoring stats which happen to more than twice as good as Clement's to draw thew comparison, which is boIIocks on way too many levels.

F*ck man, all I was trying to do was look at the bright side.

No, Championship goals and Premier League goals are not the same, but ratios are ratios. His are much better than PC's, but it won't come close fully translating given we're not the same caliber in the Premier League as Sheffield Wednesday are in the Championship.

And then there's the whole thing of us not really even having Premier League talent because of all the asset stripping.

So much for looking on the bright side...
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:01 - Dec 28 with 1381 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:57 - Dec 28 by Oldjack

i tried that with Clem and the Derby fans were right in the end ,bloody clueless ,Dipstick

So you're not going to get behind him then?

Worra wally.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:02 - Dec 28 with 1378 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:00 - Dec 28 by CrazedBison

F*ck man, all I was trying to do was look at the bright side.

No, Championship goals and Premier League goals are not the same, but ratios are ratios. His are much better than PC's, but it won't come close fully translating given we're not the same caliber in the Premier League as Sheffield Wednesday are in the Championship.

And then there's the whole thing of us not really even having Premier League talent because of all the asset stripping.

So much for looking on the bright side...

Ugh???

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:02 - Dec 28 with 1377 viewsthornabyswan

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:00 - Dec 28 by MrSwerve

The end of month contract thing is simply a compo thing and sensible.

I fully expect Carlos to be here next year, unless he seriously f*cks up and loses nearly all the remaining games.

We go down - he stays to bring continuity and passing football
We stay up - Huw will renew his contract to bring continuity and tbh he'll deserve it if he gets us out of this mess.

If he gets us out of this mess he deserves the freedom of the city to late for that I think.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:03 - Dec 28 with 1374 viewsMrSwerve

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:57 - Dec 28 by Oldjack

i tried that with Clem and the Derby fans were right in the end ,bloody clueless ,Dipstick

Were you saying that after we smashed in the second vs West Brom to win the final game of last season and finish off our fantastic run?

Don't get me wrong, Clem was a very negative manager but has been screwed over by selling our best assets and not replacing adequately.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:04 - Dec 28 with 1371 viewsCooperman

I fully expect Carlos to be here next year, unless he seriously f*cks up and loses nearly all the remaining games.

We stay up - Huw will renew his contract to bring continuity and tbh he'll deserve it if he gets us out of this mess.

Then rinse and repeat this season.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:05 - Dec 28 with 1365 viewsCooperman

I’m with Itchy anyway.

Very much in the camp of there are far squarer pegs for our round hole.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:07 - Dec 28 with 1354 viewsMrSwerve

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:04 - Dec 28 by Cooperman

Then rinse and repeat this season.

Unfortunately yes. Try and scrape another season in the PL, make the Americans richer, sack CC when we're on a bad run, replace him with....

Etc

Login to get fewer ads

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:08 - Dec 28 with 1345 viewswhoflungdung

Looking at him,it seems he s got character whereas Clement was free of that .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:09 - Dec 28 with 1339 viewsOldjack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:01 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

So you're not going to get behind him then?

Worra wally.

i;m gonna sit on the fence and pray he's a massive upgrade of Clem ,Itchy

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:10 - Dec 28 with 1336 viewsMrSwerve

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:08 - Dec 28 by whoflungdung

Looking at him,it seems he s got character whereas Clement was free of that .

Indeed. Clement was a bit depressing even during the good times.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:12 - Dec 28 with 1324 viewsItchySphincter

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:09 - Dec 28 by Oldjack

i;m gonna sit on the fence and pray he's a massive upgrade of Clem ,Itchy

Get behind him you turnip.

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:21 - Dec 28 with 1301 viewsPorthcawlswan

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:42 - Dec 28 by donnybackspin

I agree he will get us back to our old style of attractive football.

I talked to my friend a Wednesday fan and he said he plays attacking football.

I would rather be in the championship playing attractive football than bf in the premiership playing shit negative football.

F@@k me I enjoyed the old 4th division and away trips with only 100 fans!

This 100 percent, who wants to watch paint dry in the premier league? I'd rather watch something that's entertaining
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:25 - Dec 28 with 1286 viewsOldjack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:12 - Dec 28 by ItchySphincter

Get behind him you turnip.

bollocks ! you massive Plum

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:38 - Dec 28 with 1248 viewsicecoldjack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:21 - Dec 28 by Porthcawlswan

This 100 percent, who wants to watch paint dry in the premier league? I'd rather watch something that's entertaining

Should have kept Bob Bradley mun !!
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:50 - Dec 28 with 1211 viewsPozuelosSideys

I have a distinct feeling we are gonna find Carvahal is Clement 2.0.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:56 - Dec 28 with 1191 viewsmahoss

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:06 - Dec 28 by Dr_Winston

This.

We appointed a manager known for playing attractive, attacking football whilst overachieving with clubs in the Autumn of 2015 and treated him like a c*nt. Why anyone would expect a different outcome with this bloke when the people responsible remain in place I have no idea.

We keep our fingers crossed for a miracle. We're going to need one.

You're talking about Guidolin right.

The guy had zero charisma let's be honest,this guy is totally different,you can see that from the first press conference.
This guy is not a yes man like Guidolin.
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:58 - Dec 28 with 1186 viewswhoflungdung

It's cockless speculation he s a yes man

Some want him to be ,clearly to justify their standpoint .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 21:41 - Dec 28 with 1121 viewsJack59

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:49 - Dec 28 by AnotherJohn

Looks like another nodding doll. He says he isn't very interested in buying in the window.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/swansea-manager-carlo

Carvalhal quote in press conference: .... I am allergic to money!

What a dream appointment for Jenkins and the Yanks.
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 21:50 - Dec 28 with 1103 viewsDonnyOwl

You can guarantee passing football with Carlos, unfortunately it's all sideways and backwards. The fact that we recently only had 1 shot on target in 6 matches tells you everything you need to know.

In his first season the football was fantastic and at pace, the last 18 months it's got slower and slower and it's awful to watch.

Really nice bloke and every owl wants him to do well but frankly he just can't see what is blatantly obvious. We've spent millions and we're in the bottom of the table!

Good luck!!
[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 21:51]
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 21:56 - Dec 28 with 1076 viewsOldjack

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 21:50 - Dec 28 by DonnyOwl

You can guarantee passing football with Carlos, unfortunately it's all sideways and backwards. The fact that we recently only had 1 shot on target in 6 matches tells you everything you need to know.

In his first season the football was fantastic and at pace, the last 18 months it's got slower and slower and it's awful to watch.

Really nice bloke and every owl wants him to do well but frankly he just can't see what is blatantly obvious. We've spent millions and we're in the bottom of the table!

Good luck!!

fuk i feel a really unwell ,what happened to his mojo ?

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 21:58 - Dec 28 with 1062 viewsMrSwerve

Good luck!!

Don't worry, we're used to it already!

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 22:04 - Dec 28 with 1043 viewsSwanseaman

Good luck!!

All the Sheffield Wed posters are saying the same: that CC started really well but gradually became not very good (clueless)

After the Bony and Sanches big hopes I had, with this appointment my hopes aren't as high. I see it as another gamble (a similar type of gamble to the Bony and Sanches signings).

I've listened to the pundits views and they are bewildered that we didn't get an experienced Premier manager who had some experience of keeping sides up.

If it does pay off and CC gets us playing really well (at first) and manages to keep us up, the question then would be should we risk keeping him on or not. I doubt that we will avoid relegation though, so not going to worry about that...

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 22:07 - Dec 28 with 1033 viewsSPboy

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 19:06 - Dec 28 by Dr_Winston

This.

We appointed a manager known for playing attractive, attacking football whilst overachieving with clubs in the Autumn of 2015 and treated him like a c*nt. Why anyone would expect a different outcome with this bloke when the people responsible remain in place I have no idea.

We keep our fingers crossed for a miracle. We're going to need one.

The only problem was that his football with the players that we had was pretty dire. He never really attracted any players (well only Paloschi). He couldn’t speak English, suffered with ill health & spent his time on tour in the USA watching the Tour de France on tv. Apart from that and being a ‘yes’ man to HJ his results after full time appointment were p poor. Little did we know that it could get much worse ...
Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 23:43 - Dec 28 with 944 viewsPrivate_Partz

Carvalhal is the right man at this time. on 20:56 - Dec 28 by mahoss

You're talking about Guidolin right.

The guy had zero charisma let's be honest,this guy is totally different,you can see that from the first press conference.
This guy is not a yes man like Guidolin.

Frankie had stacks of charisma. Had more courage than most of our managers. His only crime was falling ill and not having a great command over the English language. He saved us and the thanks he got was to be unceremoniously sacked to be replaced by a clown.
If this guy is as good as Guidolin then we may just have a chance. Talking a good game In a press conference will not get us out of this mess.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024