Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of a dog 00:57 - Dec 31 with 22246 viewsLohengrin

My brother, who in all honesty in the forty seven years I've known, has never shown the slightest indication of possessing finer feelings is inconsolable. I mean, he wasn't like this when his marriage broke up!

What do the amateur psychiatrists on here make of mans' attachment to dogs?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The death of a dog on 13:20 - Dec 31 with 2857 viewsmax936

We lost our Maxy just over two yrs ago and we still miss him, things pop up from time to time with things he used to do and some of his ways. we had him 11 yrs but he's left his mark without a doubt.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The death of a dog on 14:28 - Dec 31 with 2823 viewsnantywatcher

We had to put our rescue dog to sleep (internal cancers) in May. Miss her and her selfless love every day. We have a new rescue who is going to break my heart at some time or other in the future, but I wouldn't change a day of my time with them.
The death of a dog on 14:35 - Dec 31 with 2818 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 13:07 - Dec 31 by Swanzay

My rescue Spaniel is very much part of the family, think Id be quite lost without her.

Is it a guide dog?
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 16:10]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 14:37 - Dec 31 with 2815 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 13:14 - Dec 31 by N_T_J

We have a weimaraner and shes an amazing member of the family we dont have kids so she is our kid really. We adore her.

I also have a Weimaraner he will be 12 this year.

I dread the day he goes I will be inconsolable
The death of a dog on 15:04 - Dec 31 with 2790 viewsN_T_J

The death of a dog on 14:37 - Dec 31 by pencoedjack

I also have a Weimaraner he will be 12 this year.

I dread the day he goes I will be inconsolable

Ours is 9 in may. I guess yours is the same they make you laugh everyday. Comical breed.

Was going to get another one last year so when our girl passed the younger one could soften the blow. But due to a bad accident we had to put it on hold.

Hopfully moving house in the new year and we will then look at getting another one or a Vizsla as they are slightly easier to bring up (so im told) haha
The death of a dog on 15:28 - Dec 31 with 2769 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 15:04 - Dec 31 by N_T_J

Ours is 9 in may. I guess yours is the same they make you laugh everyday. Comical breed.

Was going to get another one last year so when our girl passed the younger one could soften the blow. But due to a bad accident we had to put it on hold.

Hopfully moving house in the new year and we will then look at getting another one or a Vizsla as they are slightly easier to bring up (so im told) haha

When they say they are most loyal dogs they certainly are spot on, don’t think I could have another Weim Tosh is a one off for me plus as I’m sure you know they don’t half need some walking for a few years.

Funnily enough we have talked about a Vizala as well.
The death of a dog on 15:33 - Dec 31 with 2761 viewsbonymine

The death of a dog on 15:04 - Dec 31 by N_T_J

I am of a similar mindset about possibly getting another one now to ‘soften the blow’ as you say when the inevitable eventually happens as my Bichon is now 11 years old but have got mixed feelings about what to do for the best.

Alongside my two sons, he’s been my constant companion throughout my recent difficult divorce, hugely uplifting and loyal. Also, should I look at getting a new puppy or maybe a rescue dog but then I wonder about the dog’s temperament as it’s background is unknown ......any words of advice from more experienced dog owners would be greatly appreciated ..?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The death of a dog on 15:40 - Dec 31 with 2756 viewsmax936

The death of a dog on 15:28 - Dec 31 by pencoedjack

When they say they are most loyal dogs they certainly are spot on, don’t think I could have another Weim Tosh is a one off for me plus as I’m sure you know they don’t half need some walking for a few years.

Dobermans are the Dogs to have, I've had 4 and they're magnificent I really want another, but Mrs works 3 days a week and my Lad is off to work away, so its really unfair on any dog let alone a big dog like a Dobe.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

The death of a dog on 16:00 - Dec 31 with 2733 viewstrampie

Lots of foreign breeds in Britannia.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The death of a dog on 16:10 - Dec 31 with 2720 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 16:00 - Dec 31 by trampie

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 17:17 - Dec 31 with 2685 viewslondonlisa2001

The death of a dog on 15:28 - Dec 31 by pencoedjack

I have a Vizsla.

Met her for the first time a year ago today at 8 weeks and picked her up a week later. She's currently fast asleep next to the radiator, snoring gently and occasionally giving a contented sigh.

She's a fabulous dog - needs a ton of exercise, and is definitely stubborn when she wants to be, but she's gentle and ridiculously friendly to other dogs, kids and anyone that takes any notice of her whatsoever. Masses of personality and affectionate beyond belief. You'll never be alone as she follows us everywhere. They're known as the Velcro dog and you can see why.

Wouldn't change her for the world.
The death of a dog on 17:25 - Dec 31 with 2679 viewslondonlisa2001

It must kill you that the English Queen has corgis.
The death of a dog on 17:28 - Dec 31 with 2676 viewsLohengrin

You're one crazy cat.

The death of a dog on 18:56 - Dec 31 with 2649 viewstrampie

My indigenous sheepdog did not like Germanic breeds, he was always snarling at them, German, Belgium, French dogs would all get the treatment off him.
I think he was saying Deutschland is over there ------>

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The death of a dog on 19:09 - Dec 31 with 2634 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 18:56 - Dec 31 by trampie

My indigenous sheepdog did not like Germanic breeds, he was always snarling at them, German, Belgium, French dogs would all get the treatment off him.
I think he was saying Deutschland is over there ------>

I hate to break this to you, Tramp, but the 'Border' in Border Collie isn't a reference to The Marches.

Or are you talking about your Old English Sheepdog?

The death of a dog on 20:08 - Dec 31 with 2611 viewstrampie

The death of a dog on 19:09 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

I hate to break this to you, Tramp, but the 'Border' in Border Collie isn't a reference to The Marches.

Or are you talking about your Old English Sheepdog?

Welsh butt, old Welsh stock lines mixed with stock from the occupied territories.

The death of a dog on 20:34 - Dec 31 with 2603 viewspencoedjack

The death of a dog on 15:33 - Dec 31 by bonymine

I am of a similar mindset about possibly getting another one now to ‘soften the blow’ as you say when the inevitable eventually happens as my Bichon is now 11 years old but have got mixed feelings about what to do for the best.

Alongside my two sons, he’s been my constant companion throughout my recent difficult divorce, hugely uplifting and loyal. Also, should I look at getting a new puppy or maybe a rescue dog but then I wonder about the dog’s temperament as it’s background is unknown ......any words of advice from more experienced dog owners would be greatly appreciated ..?

Mate if you want the best friend ever & you want to walk miles seriously consider a Weirmarnar.

Brilliant dogs
The death of a dog on 20:35 - Dec 31 with 2598 viewsDr_Winston

Many of you who drink in the Globe pre and post game will be aware of this nutcase. Sadly as so often happens with German Shepherds her back legs are starting to go. Don't relish my mum having to make that decision.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death of a dog on 20:40 - Dec 31 with 2579 viewsSwanjaxs

The death of a dog on 20:35 - Dec 31 by Dr_Winston

Many of you who drink in the Globe pre and post game will be aware of this nutcase. Sadly as so often happens with German Shepherds her back legs are starting to go. Don't relish my mum having to make that decision.

The queen of the Globe ❤ #love

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The death of a dog on 20:43 - Dec 31 with 2569 viewsDr_Winston

The death of a dog on 20:40 - Dec 31 by Swanjaxs

The queen of the Globe ❤ #love

Don't tell her that. She'll believe you.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The death of a dog on 22:07 - Dec 31 with 2535 viewsEbo

We had to say goodbye to our 12 year old King Charles Cavalier at the start of 2017. His legs were going and he was rattling with pills due to his heart murmur. Daft as a brush he was but he also had a great amount of intelligence. He used to tilt his head to certain keywords. Mention Car, Walk, Biscuit and he was all ears. We used to take him for a walk around the block as his legs would get tired, the cat (his best pal) used to come along too. He turn and look for her and bark as if to say “come on hurry up”. Towards the end he could only go in the garden for fresh air.

We were sitting there one night and the Mrs was saying how much she missed taking him for walks, the dog heard this and put his paw up to say “me too” and put his head against my Mrs. He was gone a week later. :(

We have a new Cav now. 11 week old puppy who is adorable but a bit bitey as she is teething. The cat is getting used but it’s kind of “just remember who is boss” :)

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The death of a dog on 08:08 - Jan 1 with 2473 viewstrampie

I seen a list ranking dogs for intelligence and the sheepdog came out as number one.
I think the bottom dog was ranked something like #197 and it was an Afghan hound.

The death of a dog on 09:12 - Jan 1 with 2463 viewsTreforys_Jack

The death of a dog on 15:33 - Dec 31 by bonymine

I've got 3 rescue dogs Tobes, absolutely the best decisions I've made. Boys have got allergies so needed a hypoallergenic breed, basically was looking at yorkies or bichons. I've ended up with 2 yorkie and a long haired Jack. When i lost my previous Jack I made a decision to always have more then 1 dog in the house to soften the loss as it were. My Jack is currently 15 and over the last 12mths started showing her age quite considerably. I went down "Many Tears" over the holidays to do some voluntary work and some of the dogs they have there are absolutely beautiful. The thing they all have in common is a shit life and most of the time a total coont of an owner. Older dogs enjoy company and it can give them a new lease of life also. PM me if you want to know any more buddy.
The death of a dog on 10:10 - Jan 1 with 2442 viewsSTID2017

My beautiful dog died 15 months ago and I miss her every single day.
People who are not cat or dog owners cannot undestand that it is real grief losing one, especially when they trust and rely on you so implicitly.
Totally understand how your brother feels

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The death of a dog on 10:15 - Jan 1 with 2432 viewstrampie

The death of a dog on 09:12 - Jan 1 by Treforys_Jack

I've got 3 rescue dogs Tobes, absolutely the best decisions I've made. Boys have got allergies so needed a hypoallergenic breed, basically was looking at yorkies or bichons. I've ended up with 2 yorkie and a long haired Jack. When i lost my previous Jack I made a decision to always have more then 1 dog in the house to soften the loss as it were. My Jack is currently 15 and over the last 12mths started showing her age quite considerably. I went down "Many Tears" over the holidays to do some voluntary work and some of the dogs they have there are absolutely beautiful. The thing they all have in common is a shit life and most of the time a total coont of an owner. Older dogs enjoy company and it can give them a new lease of life also. PM me if you want to know any more buddy.

They are Americans over there aren't they ?, lots of people from outside Wales come to our lovely country and stay.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024