Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of a dog 00:57 - Dec 31 with 22491 viewsLohengrin

My brother, who in all honesty in the forty seven years I've known, has never shown the slightest indication of possessing finer feelings is inconsolable. I mean, he wasn't like this when his marriage broke up!

What do the amateur psychiatrists on here make of mans' attachment to dogs?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The death of a dog on 01:01 - Dec 31 with 5697 viewsexiledclaseboy

My boy is 13 now. He’s starting to show his age. I’d like to say that it’ll only be the wife who’ll be devastated when he’s gone but it won’t be just her. We don’t have kids which probably accentuates things but he’s as much a part of our household as anyone or anything.

Poll: Tory leader

The death of a dog on 01:03 - Dec 31 with 5687 viewsCooperman

Dogs have a standing that is very close to children. Fact.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The death of a dog on 01:03 - Dec 31 with 5686 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 01:01 - Dec 31 by exiledclaseboy

My boy is 13 now. He’s starting to show his age. I’d like to say that it’ll only be the wife who’ll be devastated when he’s gone but it won’t be just her. We don’t have kids which probably accentuates things but he’s as much a part of our household as anyone or anything.

I've taken lots of dogs to be put to sleep over the years. It's not nice, Clase.

The death of a dog on 01:04 - Dec 31 with 5681 viewsexiledclaseboy

The death of a dog on 01:03 - Dec 31 by Cooperman

Mine certainly does.

Poll: Tory leader

The death of a dog on 01:08 - Dec 31 with 5674 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 01:03 - Dec 31 by Cooperman

Children grow up quickly as I've discovered, independence isn't far away once they hit their teens. I suppose that's the emotional difference, dogs are always looking to you. That's not to say girls don't! Lord knows! It's just for different reasons.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 1:18]

The death of a dog on 01:36 - Dec 31 with 5628 viewsHumpty

The death of a dog on 01:08 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

Children grow up quickly as I've discovered, independence isn't far away once they hit their teens. I suppose that's the emotional difference, dogs are always looking to you. That's not to say girls don't! Lord knows! It's just for different reasons.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 1:18]

True. Dogs don't ask you for money all the bloody time.
The death of a dog on 01:45 - Dec 31 with 5613 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 01:36 - Dec 31 by Humpty

True. Dogs don't ask you for money all the bloody time.

Correct!

The death of a dog on 02:44 - Dec 31 with 5575 viewsBobby_Fischer

My step dad is a hunter, rabbiting and all that - one of the spaniels had a tumour on its bollocks, took it up the mountain and shot it.

Terrible, also witnessed puppies having their tails chopped off.

I stole a spaniel puppy from my neighbour when I was 12 after that (who was also a hunter) told my mum I was sleeping over my friends house and slept in the shed with the puppy, I had no long term plan! The f*ckers caught me and put it down!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Login to get fewer ads

The death of a dog on 02:57 - Dec 31 with 5556 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 02:44 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

My step dad is a hunter, rabbiting and all that - one of the spaniels had a tumour on its bollocks, took it up the mountain and shot it.

I stole a spaniel puppy from my neighbour when I was 12 after that (who was also a hunter) told my mum I was sleeping over my friends house and slept in the shed with the puppy, I had no long term plan! The f*ckers caught me and put it down!

I rescued a pup from the hunt kennels, an accidental mating . He's been with me for nigh-on thirteen years. It's going to be a black day in this house when his time comes, and it will.

He looks ferocious, he's a big old boy, but looks can be deceiving; he's the most placid fella' you would happen across. Part German Wire-haired pointer, part Bull-Greyhound he's been on top of Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon with me. He loves a fuss from girls and Newcastle Brown. He's my pal.

The death of a dog on 03:06 - Dec 31 with 5549 viewsBobby_Fischer

The death of a dog on 02:57 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

I rescued a pup from the hunt kennels, an accidental mating . He's been with me for nigh-on thirteen years. It's going to be a black day in this house when his time comes, and it will.

He looks ferocious, he's a big old boy, but looks can be deceiving; he's the most placid fella' you would happen across. Part German Wire-haired pointer, part Bull-Greyhound he's been on top of Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon with me. He loves a fuss from girls and Newcastle Brown. He's my pal.

I love dogs, but I'm not home enough to have one - it wouldn't be fair.

My brother has an English bull terrier, despite their reputation from my experience they are lovely clumsy dogs.

Labradors are my favourite though.

I adopted 2 cats, you can just feed them and let them get on with it.

Dead mice and birds are a problem though.

The death of a dog on 03:22 - Dec 31 with 5546 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 03:06 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

I love dogs, but I'm not home enough to have one - it wouldn't be fair.

My brother has an English bull terrier, despite their reputation from my experience they are lovely clumsy dogs.

Labradors are my favourite though.

I adopted 2 cats, you can just feed them and let them get on with it.

Dead mice and birds are a problem though.

Good lad. Dogs are a responsibility you have to live up to. If you haven't the time then don't have any.

We've just got the three now. Two Beagles and a Lurcher. In years gone by we've had as many as eleven, mostly all kenneled outside. Now that's hard work! It takes over your life.I did love it when I was a youngster, though: The whole hunting, shooting, fishing thing.

The older I get the less time I seem to have, or is it less energy? Probably a bit of both.

PS: When I first met the wife, a long time ago, her parents had a black Lab. A handsome, lean, fit thing in the way so few of them kept as pets are. He was so intelligent it was unnerving. I swear he could understand Welsh!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 3:26]

The death of a dog on 03:32 - Dec 31 with 5531 viewsBobby_Fischer

The death of a dog on 03:22 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

Good lad. Dogs are a responsibility you have to live up to. If you haven't the time then don't have any.

We've just got the three now. Two Beagles and a Lurcher. In years gone by we've had as many as eleven, mostly all kenneled outside. Now that's hard work! It takes over your life.I did love it when I was a youngster, though: The whole hunting, shooting, fishing thing.

The older I get the less time I seem to have, or is it less energy? Probably a bit of both.

PS: When I first met the wife, a long time ago, her parents had a black Lab. A handsome, lean, fit thing in the way so few of them kept as pets are. He was so intelligent it was unnerving. I swear he could understand Welsh!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 3:26]

My ex-girlfriend had a black Lab, he was so human if you know what I mean. I missed him more than I missed her :)

I think animals are a good judge of people as well, if the dog or cat doesn't like them then neither do I!

My step dad's jack russell just had 4 puppies, very energetic dogs - ADHD!

The death of a dog on 03:38 - Dec 31 with 5528 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 03:32 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

My ex-girlfriend had a black Lab, he was so human if you know what I mean. I missed him more than I missed her :)

I think animals are a good judge of people as well, if the dog or cat doesn't like them then neither do I!

My step dad's jack russell just had 4 puppies, very energetic dogs - ADHD!

I do know what you mean.

I think you're right, too. Animals have the innate ability to size people up for who and what they really are. If that gift was given to humans it would save a whole lot of bother!

The death of a dog on 03:43 - Dec 31 with 5523 viewsBobby_Fischer

The death of a dog on 03:38 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

I do know what you mean.

I think you're right, too. Animals have the innate ability to size people up for who and what they really are. If that gift was given to humans it would save a whole lot of bother!

Dogs aren't diplomatic though, if they don't like you they will tell you :)

That could be chaos if humans were the same.

The only animal I've had issues with is my albino rabbit snowy (original), who tried to bite my finger off - I was 7, but I'll never trust anything with red eyes again.

Oh and a cow chased me up hill down Three Cliffs Bay.

The death of a dog on 03:52 - Dec 31 with 5517 viewsLohengrin

The death of a dog on 03:43 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

Dogs aren't diplomatic though, if they don't like you they will tell you :)

That could be chaos if humans were the same.

The only animal I've had issues with is my albino rabbit snowy (original), who tried to bite my finger off - I was 7, but I'll never trust anything with red eyes again.

Oh and a cow chased me up hill down Three Cliffs Bay.

I got chased by a horse when I was a little boy. He bit me and I punched him on the snout. He bared his teeth as if to smile and say 'fair enough we're quits.' He was a liar though! It was my cousin's horse. She could ride him, and her sister, so could my brother. Me? No chance!

Right, it's ten to four. I'm off to the land of nod.

The death of a dog on 03:58 - Dec 31 with 5513 viewsBobby_Fischer

The death of a dog on 03:52 - Dec 31 by Lohengrin

I got chased by a horse when I was a little boy. He bit me and I punched him on the snout. He bared his teeth as if to smile and say 'fair enough we're quits.' He was a liar though! It was my cousin's horse. She could ride him, and her sister, so could my brother. Me? No chance!

Right, it's ten to four. I'm off to the land of nod.

I used to be petrified of horses, still a bit nervy around them, but they are majestic animals.

The death of a dog on 04:38 - Dec 31 with 5503 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 02:44 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

You are Clarice Starling and I claim my five pounds.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 04:43 - Dec 31 with 5497 viewsBobby_Fischer

The death of a dog on 04:38 - Dec 31 by Mo_Wives

I just had to look that up, I've never seen Silence of the Lambs so cant tell whether thats good or bad :) Ignorance is bliss.

The death of a dog on 04:47 - Dec 31 with 5496 viewsMo_Wives

The death of a dog on 04:43 - Dec 31 by Bobby_Fischer

I just had to look that up, I've never seen Silence of the Lambs so cant tell whether thats good or bad :) Ignorance is bliss.

Wasn't good or bad...just was.

Clarice tells the story of how the farmer she was sent to live with was killing the seasons lambs. Clarice stole a lamb and ran away trying to save it.
And the farmer never touched Clarice, "he was a good man"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The death of a dog on 08:26 - Dec 31 with 5362 viewsicecoldjack

Probably one of the funniest comebacks of 2017 !

I've had a couple of labs and a spaniel, I miss them so much even years after. My spaniel was the daftest thing I've ever had the pleasure to meet. A rescue dog too, each one broke my heart .
Wonderful creatures. Give me a dog over a human any day .
The death of a dog on 08:40 - Dec 31 with 5342 viewssainthelens

Great thread and some lovely stories, but I'm gonna be an emotional trainweck if we lose premier ship football.....I couldn't have a dog and love it with the same intensity and also lose it when the time comes. Guess I'm an emotional coward.
The death of a dog on 09:57 - Dec 31 with 5256 viewswhoflungdung

Wife and I had a beautiful GSD bit h that suffered from anal abscesses. We had her put to sleep and she was barely 3 . It killed us . Vet came and took her away .

Now we look after and e exdrcise our daughter s Malinois. It's the most loved,spoilt and snooty dog possible .A real character that plays with your head . Incredible house dog and companion but can be headstrong and plain difficult .

It's a dog that s hard to tire out and certainly not one to be told to go to a corner and be quiet . She will if she feels like it . That said, they are highly trainable and respond to mental stimulus .

When she dies , God only knows how my daughter will take it

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

The death of a dog on 10:28 - Dec 31 with 5227 viewsLohengrin

Majestic, Mo!

The death of a dog on 13:07 - Dec 31 with 5107 viewsSwanzay

My rescue Spaniel is very much part of the family, think Id be quite lost without her.
The death of a dog on 13:14 - Dec 31 with 5100 viewsN_T_J

We have a weimaraner and shes an amazing member of the family we dont have kids so she is our kid really. We adore her.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024