Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... 01:53 - Jan 5 with 2698 viewsBobby_Fischer

...transfer window gone is pathetic.

So you want Jenkins gone but don''t want the manager to have any say in it?

Really?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 05:01 - Jan 5 with 2288 viewsicecoldjack

Didn't we just miss miss out out yiadom before the last window closed ? so therefore it isn't unfair to think this deal should be done ASAP especially considering we were already without a full back for the Spurs game.

He's been a target and we are short in that area, whats the point of waiting? unless of course the player has decided to give us a miss.

In our current situation we should be getting deals done as fast as possible,no excuse, we know exactly where we need to strengthen . Other teams can do it so why not us(don't answer that, i know why we can't, Jenkins)
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 06:01 - Jan 5 with 2266 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Is it possible that even though it was nearly a done deal before that the new manager doesn't rate him and wants to look elsewhere??

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 06:43 - Jan 5 with 2234 viewsKilkennyjack

Its a balance.

We have games so the quicker we get good players in, then the better.

Prices rocket towards the end as Siggy shows.

But yes new manager needs to be ‘Appy..

Beware of the Risen People

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 06:53 - Jan 5 with 2216 viewssomersetsimon

I think we want just some indication that something is happening. Given our poor position, you'd hope that Clement and the board were discussing players back in November.
I'd be surprised if the new manager has any disagreements on where we need strengthening, but obviously he may have some different names in mid.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:20 - Jan 5 with 2114 viewsPawelAbbott

WE only have 1 left back and realistically 1 right back. Clearly they are areas that should be addressed. The manager is only on contract until the end of the season so his contribution appears to be deemed of limited importance. Why sign players specific to his requirements when he will be gone in 16 games time.
The scouting department should have identified the targets and CC may just need to agree to which deal is completed. I would have imagined those deals would be already pretty much done and CC given the choice of a number of options which should be almost complete.
It appears instead that we have some names but nothing else in place.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:31 - Jan 5 with 2068 viewswaynekerr55

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:20 - Jan 5 by PawelAbbott

WE only have 1 left back and realistically 1 right back. Clearly they are areas that should be addressed. The manager is only on contract until the end of the season so his contribution appears to be deemed of limited importance. Why sign players specific to his requirements when he will be gone in 16 games time.
The scouting department should have identified the targets and CC may just need to agree to which deal is completed. I would have imagined those deals would be already pretty much done and CC given the choice of a number of options which should be almost complete.
It appears instead that we have some names but nothing else in place.

This sums up exactly why we are Donald Ducked. We used to have a style and a template to play to. Since Jenkins decided we didn't need that anymore the issue of the manager not wanting the players will crop up given the pot luck approach he's taken. So yes, he deserves all the bashing he gets until he fúcks off

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:32 - Jan 5 with 2067 viewsmax936

I don't think we'll see any signings, they're not gonna throw good money after bad at it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:43 - Jan 5 with 2029 viewsPawelAbbott

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:31 - Jan 5 by waynekerr55

This sums up exactly why we are Donald Ducked. We used to have a style and a template to play to. Since Jenkins decided we didn't need that anymore the issue of the manager not wanting the players will crop up given the pot luck approach he's taken. So yes, he deserves all the bashing he gets until he fúcks off

I'm sure I read after Laudrup left, Jenkins saying that he would take the selection of transfer targets away from managers in order to achieve a better continuity to the club when managers leave. The intention being that we had a way of playing and the scouting team would select players that fit this mould irrelevant of who the manager was.
This makes sense. Have a scouting department who can find the best players to fit the Swansea way and have the manager work to the set blueprint with the best available players for the style of the club.
Unfortunately He seems to have achieved the exact opposite.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:44 - Jan 5 with 2026 viewsFireboy2

Our oops sorry jenkins' leaving it until the last minute ploy in the transfer window shows that hes waiting for clubs to drop their prices ala 5m huw

This tactic has bitten us on tye arse so many times especially last august when the tight fcukers (the yanks as well) tried to hold out with everton to get as much as possible,this imo totally fcuked PC's plans up and made his job harder

I dont believe what he said that we can spend only what we have,the surplus from the summer transfers

If we dont sign at least 3 players,2 full backs and an attacking midfielder it shows to me that they are either being tight or are preparing for relegation
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:19 - Jan 5 with 1927 viewsPawelAbbott

I don't think anything is going to be done about a creative midfielder as Sanches has shown signs of improvement.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:19 - Jan 5 with 1926 viewsJango

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:44 - Jan 5 by Fireboy2

Our oops sorry jenkins' leaving it until the last minute ploy in the transfer window shows that hes waiting for clubs to drop their prices ala 5m huw

This tactic has bitten us on tye arse so many times especially last august when the tight fcukers (the yanks as well) tried to hold out with everton to get as much as possible,this imo totally fcuked PC's plans up and made his job harder

I dont believe what he said that we can spend only what we have,the surplus from the summer transfers

If we dont sign at least 3 players,2 full backs and an attacking midfielder it shows to me that they are either being tight or are preparing for relegation

Surely we only neee 1 full back at the moment. Naughton can cover both sides. We need creative attacking players far more than we need back up players at the moment. If 2 out of the 3 players we bring in are fullbacks then we may aswell just hold up the white flag
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:33 - Jan 5 with 1895 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:19 - Jan 5 by Jango

Surely we only neee 1 full back at the moment. Naughton can cover both sides. We need creative attacking players far more than we need back up players at the moment. If 2 out of the 3 players we bring in are fullbacks then we may aswell just hold up the white flag

Agree about the need for creative players. Wouldn't you take a good wing back who is capable of beating a man and getting in a decent cross though? To me that is one of the missing pieces at the moment.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 1867 viewswhoflungdung

It's been obvious we ve a weak unbalanced squad ,or it should have been .

Jan 1 st should have seen our Fuerher taking steps to address this .

He hasn't.

He has no defence whatsoever nor should he be defended

We have NO right back for the next game and we re a premier league club

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 1869 viewsjack247

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 08:43 - Jan 5 by PawelAbbott

I'm sure I read after Laudrup left, Jenkins saying that he would take the selection of transfer targets away from managers in order to achieve a better continuity to the club when managers leave. The intention being that we had a way of playing and the scouting team would select players that fit this mould irrelevant of who the manager was.
This makes sense. Have a scouting department who can find the best players to fit the Swansea way and have the manager work to the set blueprint with the best available players for the style of the club.
Unfortunately He seems to have achieved the exact opposite.

In theory, that’s hard to argue with. In practice, you need to be appointing managers who buy into what was our footballing ethos and are happy with limited input into which players we sign. You also need the scouting and recruitment to be top notch.

He has failed on both counts there. If that achieved the results he was selling us, we would still have a competitive team playing attractive football.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:42 - Jan 5 with 1858 viewswaynekerr55

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:38 - Jan 5 by jack247

In theory, that’s hard to argue with. In practice, you need to be appointing managers who buy into what was our footballing ethos and are happy with limited input into which players we sign. You also need the scouting and recruitment to be top notch.

He has failed on both counts there. If that achieved the results he was selling us, we would still have a competitive team playing attractive football.

The idea is a good one, it falls down when the man leading the whole charade appears to believe that he's Brian Clough reincarnated.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 10:11 - Jan 5 with 1764 viewsPawelAbbott

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:42 - Jan 5 by waynekerr55

The idea is a good one, it falls down when the man leading the whole charade appears to believe that he's Brian Clough reincarnated.

It is a very good ideal but it requires continuity on and off the pitch.
There should be continuous searching for players and managers who fit the right criteria.
When a manager is appointed then we should begin the process of researching their successor and have a list of potential replacements all the time.
However this requires a lot of effort and people who focus on this and not a team of amateurs who do it amongst numerous other things.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 10:33 - Jan 5 with 1698 viewswhoflungdung

In all seriousness I' d never describe myself as naive but I clearly am as regards our club

I cannot envisage being a chairman of a company needing so much new blood not taking immediate action to rectify the situation.

I honestly thought we might have a new right full back NOW , which shows I really am a cock .

It really is a case of rank amateurs and failed businessman running our Club and it groves me to see us or rather him make so many repeated errors that are so costly.

What we need is new owners who would rip the club cretins to shreds and replace with a people with some business acumen

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 10:37 - Jan 5 with 1688 viewsJango

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:33 - Jan 5 by AnotherJohn

Agree about the need for creative players. Wouldn't you take a good wing back who is capable of beating a man and getting in a decent cross though? To me that is one of the missing pieces at the moment.

Absolutely. And a right back is right at the top of the list. Just feel that we have to make do with what else we have at the moment and it imperative we bring in at least 2 creative/goalscoring attacking players to stand even the slightest of chances.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 10:42 - Jan 5 with 1662 viewsDarran

Nah you can forfeit the New Year’s Day game and an irrelevant FA Cupppp game.

We need three points at Newcastle though so if we haven’t brought in some by then start moaning.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 10:50 - Jan 5 with 1645 viewsPawelAbbott

Another issue that may be holding things up is that we have submitted a full 25 man squad to the premier league. 5 of those players have not made an appearance.
But, if they are not removed from the squad then we can't add anyone new.
Removing them at the end of the window means we are paying players to do nothing.
If we continue to sign U23s who are over 21 then we will continue to have this issue.
Someone needs to go before we can bring someone in or we will waste a wage.
You know how tight they are.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 13:45 - Jan 5 with 1440 viewsdobjack2

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 10:50 - Jan 5 by PawelAbbott

Another issue that may be holding things up is that we have submitted a full 25 man squad to the premier league. 5 of those players have not made an appearance.
But, if they are not removed from the squad then we can't add anyone new.
Removing them at the end of the window means we are paying players to do nothing.
If we continue to sign U23s who are over 21 then we will continue to have this issue.
Someone needs to go before we can bring someone in or we will waste a wage.
You know how tight they are.

We are already paying them to do nothing with the first team.
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 13:53 - Jan 5 with 1423 viewsHighjack

We'll probably wait until 30 seconds before the window shuts before putting in a bid.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 14:26 - Jan 5 with 1354 viewsjack_lord

It's not ten per cent, it is 15 per cent. These days are critical.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 14:29 - Jan 5 with 1352 viewsicecoldjack

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 06:01 - Jan 5 by PatchesOHoulihan

Is it possible that even though it was nearly a done deal before that the new manager doesn't rate him and wants to look elsewhere??

Maybe , but do you seriously think our manager will have much of a say RE players ?

Pretty much like Clement didn't rate one of our most expensive players in Mesa, Jenkins calls the shots and our coaches nod in agreement or they will get nothing at all !
I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 15:17 - Jan 5 with 1278 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm no fan of Jenkins but people moaning about 10% of the... on 09:19 - Jan 5 by PawelAbbott

I don't think anything is going to be done about a creative midfielder as Sanches has shown signs of improvement.

"I don't think anything is going to be done about a creative midfielder as Sanches has shown signs of improvement"

Those words would be a fitting epitaph on our PL tombstone.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024