Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Lights 12:07 - Jan 6 with 4394 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone been to see them? And i don't mean Blackpool you clever f*ckers.

Seems a good price considering it's from Cardiff airport.

http://omegabreaks.com/itineraries/8370-northern-lights-evening-excursions?t3p=&

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Northern Lights on 12:48 - Jan 6 with 3383 viewsswanjackal

Have smoked it a few times when in Amsterdam, but never actually been to see them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Northern Lights on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 3364 viewsexiledclaseboy

My mate went over new year and came home very disappointed with the lights. It’s a bit hit and miss apparently. Sometimes it’s spectacular, other times it...isn’t.

Poll: Tory leader

Northern Lights on 13:06 - Jan 6 with 3359 viewsWatchman

No Guarantees on that thing Know someone who had it on their bucket list and went 5 times in the end as the first 4 nothing happened

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Northern Lights on 13:24 - Jan 6 with 3333 viewsSkettyJack

Northern Lights on 13:06 - Jan 6 by Watchman

No Guarantees on that thing Know someone who had it on their bucket list and went 5 times in the end as the first 4 nothing happened

With all things nature these things can be unpredictable. I've seen them in Iceland and had to travel on a bus for 2 hours into the middle of nowhere. Hiked up a hill in the pitch black and waited, waited and waited until they appeared. Lasted approx 30 minutes. Mixture of green and red colours. We were lucky as the tour guides were just about to call us back to the bus when they appeared
Northern Lights on 13:33 - Jan 6 with 3322 viewsSoberBaker

Save yourself £200 (and the anti-climax)

AMOW

Northern Lights on 13:34 - Jan 6 with 3322 viewsMo_Wives

Northern Lights on 13:03 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

My mate went over new year and came home very disappointed with the lights. It’s a bit hit and miss apparently. Sometimes it’s spectacular, other times it...isn’t.

TBH, they should make sure that they're switched on all the time and replace any blown bulbs if they want to maximise their tourist potential.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Northern Lights on 13:44 - Jan 6 with 3311 viewsSwanjaxs

Go for it mate, might come to nothing or maybe the best 200 quid you'll ever spend 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Northern Lights on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 3293 viewsswanjackal

Northern Lights on 13:44 - Jan 6 by Swanjaxs

Go for it mate, might come to nothing or maybe the best 200 quid you'll ever spend 👍

Or, drop a tab, pay a lot less, see the lights, and a whole lot more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Northern Lights on 14:44 - Jan 6 with 3244 viewsPentyrchJack

Have seen a few times in Norway and Finland. What you need to know is that the bright colourful pictures can only be caught on a camera with a 10 second exposure. They are nowhere as near as colourful or bright when you view with your eyes. More something for keen photographers.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Northern Lights on 14:53 - Jan 6 with 3235 viewsMo_Wives

Northern Lights on 14:01 - Jan 6 by swanjackal

Or, drop a tab, pay a lot less, see the lights, and a whole lot more.

Dropped one in the red light district once. Saw a vagina with teeth. Tried to smooth it and the bastard nearly took my arm off. Ahh, the good ol' days.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Northern Lights on 14:59 - Jan 6 with 3223 viewsexiledclaseboy

Northern Lights on 14:53 - Jan 6 by Mo_Wives

Dropped one in the red light district once. Saw a vagina with teeth. Tried to smooth it and the bastard nearly took my arm off. Ahh, the good ol' days.

Fantastic beasts and where to find them.

Northern Lights on 15:02 - Jan 6 with 3217 viewsMo_Wives

Northern Lights on 14:59 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

Fantastic beasts and where to find them.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Northern Lights on 15:04 - Jan 6 with 3216 viewsLeonWasGod

Well worth seeing. I doubt I'd take a flight though; would be much better to spend some time in Scandinavia or Iceland (or even the north of Scotland). Bit more hit and miss that way though of course, but they're better as part of a 'package' of new experiences in a new place imo.
Northern Lights on 15:18 - Jan 6 with 3189 viewsMorfa_Same

It's all down to luck.

I spent two weeks working in the Arctic circle one December and the lights didn't happen despite it being clear most nights. It's so hit and miss I'd be very reluctant to go there just to see the lights.
Northern Lights on 15:21 - Jan 6 with 3186 viewsMo_Wives

Northern Lights on 15:18 - Jan 6 by Morfa_Same

It's all down to luck.

I spent two weeks working in the Arctic circle one December and the lights didn't happen despite it being clear most nights. It's so hit and miss I'd be very reluctant to go there just to see the lights.

Making toys?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Northern Lights on 15:31 - Jan 6 with 3177 viewsMorfa_Same

Northern Lights on 15:21 - Jan 6 by Mo_Wives

Making toys?

Testing cars.

I spent every night freezing my bollocks off standing at the back of the car park away from the hotel lights just staring up at the sky. I'm surprised someone didn't report me as a prowler.

I suspect you need the right amount of solar activity to see the lights otherwise you have no chance.
Northern Lights on 15:40 - Jan 6 with 3160 viewsMo_Wives

Northern Lights on 15:31 - Jan 6 by Morfa_Same

Testing cars.

I spent every night freezing my bollocks off standing at the back of the car park away from the hotel lights just staring up at the sky. I'm surprised someone didn't report me as a prowler.

I suspect you need the right amount of solar activity to see the lights otherwise you have no chance.

Car park? Hotel?....I had an image of you in an igloo with a camera and pack of huskies waiting for David Attenborough to turn up and do a 3min monologue.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Northern Lights on 17:21 - Jan 6 with 3076 viewsmax936

Get up Baglan mountain and stock up with Magic mushies and you’ll see them all, Darran sees them every night

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Northern Lights on 17:52 - Jan 6 with 3045 viewsswanjackal

Northern Lights on 17:21 - Jan 6 by max936

Get up Baglan mountain and stock up with Magic mushies and you’ll see them all, Darran sees them every night

Take the shrooms before hand. Saves the walk.

Northern Lights on 18:00 - Jan 6 with 3030 viewsDarran

I loved Mushrooms. Wouldn’t take them now though I think I’d be too frightened.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Northern Lights on 18:01 - Jan 6 with 3027 viewsRogerstone

Saw them near greenland on a flight back from New York

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Northern Lights on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 3022 viewsexiledclaseboy

Northern Lights on 18:00 - Jan 6 by Darran

I loved Mushrooms. Wouldn’t take them now though I think I’d be too frightened.

I always give mine to the wife when I have a steak.

Northern Lights on 18:14 - Jan 6 with 3012 viewsDarran

Northern Lights on 18:09 - Jan 6 by exiledclaseboy

I always give mine to the wife when I have a steak.

Fool.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Northern Lights on 19:11 - Jan 6 with 2976 viewsdickythorpe

Beautiful sight
Northern Lights on 19:22 - Jan 6 with 2965 viewsmarchamjack

Saw them in Iceland 3 nights in a row. Lasted ages amd were spectacular. Very clear and constantly shape shifting. Guess we were lucky. If you get the chance go and see them.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024