Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan’s Ayew 21:35 - Jan 17 with 8356 viewsParsSwans

Talk Sport stated he is ranked number 1 for us this season in terms of Passes completed, assists ,tackles successful, dribbles completed and now I think he is either joint or outright top scorer.
Jordan’s Ayew on 23:17 - Jan 22 with 2082 viewsE20Jack

Jordan’s Ayew on 23:06 - Jan 22 by harryhpalmer

What a difference in a player since Carlos has arrived.

Look at his performance at Anfield, tonight and inbetween. A different player. An unrecognisable player.

Everyone has improved since he arrived. But Ayew has been our best player for the majority of games before he arrived too. That much was obvious without even referring to the stats which reinforces that.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jordan’s Ayew on 08:39 - Jan 23 with 1945 viewsRancid

He's our best player and a perfect fit for us.I don't think he'll attract the attention of bigger clubs either, so yes, a perfect fit for us atm.

I genuinely believe the result last night will give us the boost we need to stay up and Jordan Ayew will be pivotal in us doing so.

Brighton Huddersfield and Newcastles arses are collapsing and we're there ready to capitalize.

Swansea City - the Harry Houdini of the Premier League.

4/9 to go down and 4/7 to stay up.WTF??
Jordan’s Ayew on 13:31 - Jan 23 with 1813 viewsWantagejack

Just catching up on the Sunday papers. Nice feature on Jordan and his family in the Times. Can't circulate unfortunately due to firewall. Apparently he gets some stick from his colleagues for driving a Smart car. Memories of Ben Davies being the only first team player with wind-up windows.
Jordan’s Ayew on 14:06 - Jan 23 with 1776 viewsHighjack

Jordan’s Ayew on 23:31 - Jan 17 by nyc_swans

not to take anything away from jordan's goal or his recent contributions but he ranks at the top of the entire premier league in terms of giving the ball away.

it's hard to imagine anyone wouldn't prefer his brother given the option of the 2.

The player who has lost possession the most times in the premier league this year is Kevin De Bruyne.

Awful player.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jordan’s Ayew on 14:16 - Jan 23 with 1764 viewsfbreath

Jordan’s Ayew on 13:31 - Jan 23 by Wantagejack

Just catching up on the Sunday papers. Nice feature on Jordan and his family in the Times. Can't circulate unfortunately due to firewall. Apparently he gets some stick from his colleagues for driving a Smart car. Memories of Ben Davies being the only first team player with wind-up windows.

Here is link to the article for anyone interested

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/family-matters-to-jordan-ayew-but-swans

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Jordan’s Ayew on 14:28 - Jan 23 with 1739 viewsnantywatcher

TIMES article:
He watches but with not quite the enthusiasm expected. Swansea’s communications head is showing him a viral the club put together: his effort on a split screen alongside that famous strike of Ricky Villa’s at Wembley. The similarities are remarkable. There he is, beginning in a central position outside the box, driving into a gap then slaloming left, drawing four defenders. He dismisses them with a sudden change of direction, going round a fifth and, just as a sixth closes, beats the goalkeeper.
He scored this masterpiece against Wolves on Wednesday, in the FA Cup, and Swansea are right to hang it alongside Villa’s goal for Spurs in the 1981 final replay against Manchester City. But Jordan Ayew smiles very thinly as he looks at the screen. He just does not like comparisons.
And would you, if you were him? Andre, his older brother, has had a fine career and Rahim, his half brother, is a fellow Ghana international. One uncle, Kwame, was a great goalscorer in Portugal. And of course his father: Abedi ‘Pele’ Ayew, Jordan’s dad, would be the choice of plenty of Africans as the best player ever from their continent. Abedi remains one of Africa’s most famous men. So, think Kasper Schmeichel with not just Peter to live up to but a host of goalkeeping uncles and brothers.
“It’s more difficult in every way,” says Jordan, describing what it was like to make his way as youngest scion of such a revered football family. “There was too much spotlight especially on me, because there was my dad and then there came my brother who was doing really well. So it’s not like it was easy or anything. But I don’t compare myself to my dad or brother. Everyone has their style of play and way of doing things.
“I think in life, people want to compare. Today it is Messi and Ronaldo. You compare and maybe that is how you create competition, but it is not something I care about.
“Even today you have people saying, ‘Abedi Pele, George Weah – who was better?’ and it will be like that until the end of their lives. But the way my parents brought us up was to be ready to accept [pressure] and I try to do my job in the best way possible. Nothing else is important.”
We are in the media room at Swansea’s training ground in Fairwood Common on the beautiful Gower Peninsula. The sun is shining, for the first time here in days, and Jordan is relaxed... until our photographer asks him to go outside where, despite the blue sky, it is still freezing.
Abedi Pele was playing for Marseilles when Jordan, 26, was born. He later played for Lyons, Torino, 1860 Munich and Al Ain in Abu Dhabi before his retirement in 2000, but Jordan grew up in Accra, in a big house where his aunts, uncles, siblings and cousins lived. He saw his dad playing only in the odd television clip and visited him during holidays, at whatever club he was starring for at the time.
“We’re Africans,” Jordan smiles. “I think for most of the African players, it’s something that is normal for us. We all grow up together and it’s just a positive thing. You guys will see me with my cousin and think it’s my brother, we’re so close.
“My dad was the head of the family. He came from a massive family himself and did really well, because he had to take care of every single person.” What Jordan inherited, as much as talent, he believes, was mentality.
“My parents educated us [he and Andre] the best way possible and that’s part of where our mentality comes from. But not just from them, from my aunties, uncles, my grandparents – every single person in our family has this mindset of never give up, the sky’s the limit if you do your best.
“The most important thing my dad said was when you’re doing something always give a hundred per cent and when you go home, don’t have any regrets. My mum was important too, also uncles and aunties and my cousins work in big companies, some are businessmen or women, and are doing well in their jobs. From all my elders the mindset of the family was transferred to me, and I have to transfer it to my kids as well.”
Wednesday’s goal was his fourth in seven games and he is in his best run of form since he arrived in England when he signed for Aston Villa in 2015. He was bought for Swansea by Paul Clement 12 months ago but the surge of form began when Clement departed, to be replaced by Carlos Carvalhal in late December.
Carvalhal, a twinkling, loquacious Portuguese, has given more freedom to Swansea’s attackers but also greater responsibility. On his first day he pulled Ayew aside and told him he had to step up. “He said [he] knows my quality and that I need to do more and I agreed with him.”
Ayew is a dribbler by nature, and the way he sees his game is, “I try to create and make something happen; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.”
Carvalhal has licensed him. Can Swansea survive? “We have 15 big games, 15 finals, and need to win most of them. It’s a difficult situation but I’m confident. It’s only four points [needed to get out of the bottom three] and I know we are moving in the right direction.” Against Liverpool tomorrow night? “We start at zero-zero, in front of our fans at home. If we’re positive and take our opportunities, maybe we can make a surprise.”
The transfer window brings an intriguing prospect: among Swansea’s targets is Andre Ayew, and if he leaves West Ham the brothers could be reunited, having started out together at Marseilles. They also lived with each other while at the French club. They remain in constant contact, and very close.
They are forever trying to get the whole family to come over from Ghana, dad included. “But they complain it’s too cold. They are right of course, but we want to see them as well. But they see us on television and that’s fine for them. They know in the holidays we will come home. If I have six weeks holiday I spend five and a half in Ghana, spend time with them and enjoy the moment.”
Maybe it is because there is so much family in his life that Ayew says, “I am not someone who has a lot of friends.” His own young children, two boys and a girl, are his day-to-day world outside football; he is a little shy and the vehicle he drives provokes teasing in the dressing room: a Smart Car.
“Simple things make me happy, and that’s how we were brought up as well,” he says. Son of a superstar but making his own simple path. Mind you, watch the video below if you still haven’t seen it – that strike against Wolves was one superstar goal.
Jordan’s Ayew on 14:50 - Jan 23 with 1710 viewslifelong

Excellent game last night, ran himself into the ground, not happy at being subbed..great attitude.
The only nit pick I can have at his game is that, on occasions, he holds the ball too long.
Jordan’s Ayew on 15:48 - Jan 23 with 1661 viewsswanseacityx

Jordan’s Ayew on 14:50 - Jan 23 by lifelong

Excellent game last night, ran himself into the ground, not happy at being subbed..great attitude.
The only nit pick I can have at his game is that, on occasions, he holds the ball too long.

It can be a positive...he is brave on the ball and holds it well under pressure.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan’s Ayew on 16:10 - Jan 23 with 1637 views1462jack

Jordan’s Ayew on 14:50 - Jan 23 by lifelong

Man of the match for me
Jordan’s Ayew on 16:16 - Jan 23 with 1620 viewsswanseacityx

Jordan’s Ayew on 16:10 - Jan 23 by 1462jack

Man of the match for me

100% man of the match. With the exception of a shocker at Anfield he has been our best offensive player.

So strong and comfortable on the ball.
Jordan’s Ayew on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1586 viewsJack59

Jordan’s Ayew on 21:57 - Jan 17 by SPboy

How does he rate for giving the ball away or getting dispossessed ?

No.1 for both I suspect
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 22:01]

Yes, there were instances again last night when, before losing the ball, he could have made simple short passes to unmarked players. It's very frustrating. If he could sort that out in his game, he'd be a very good player and sought after by bigger clubs, but then we wouldn't have him here.
But in fairness he's putting in that extra few per cent lately, and it's paying dividends.
Jordan’s Ayew on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 1548 viewsyescomeon

Jordan’s Ayew on 16:56 - Jan 23 by Jack59

Yes, there were instances again last night when, before losing the ball, he could have made simple short passes to unmarked players. It's very frustrating. If he could sort that out in his game, he'd be a very good player and sought after by bigger clubs, but then we wouldn't have him here.
But in fairness he's putting in that extra few per cent lately, and it's paying dividends.

That part of his game really does my head in, wouldn't get in the swans side of years gone by because of it for me. Surely something can be done about it. He is 26 now so it must be deeply rooted in his game.

Upthecity!

Jordan’s Ayew on 19:03 - Jan 23 with 1506 viewsLeonWasGod

Jordan’s Ayew on 15:48 - Jan 23 by swanseacityx

It can be a positive...he is brave on the ball and holds it well under pressure.

Not when you've got a 4 on 3 break and a chance to close the game out, but he thinks he can go it alone.

Good game last night though. He had a thankless task, especially in the 2nd half. Ran his socks off and generally brought others into the game well.

Just his decision making and not getting his head up at times lets him down. But that's why he's with us and Villa before us rather than a top team.
Jordan’s Ayew on 20:48 - Jan 23 with 1456 viewsJack59

Jordan’s Ayew on 23:06 - Jan 22 by harryhpalmer

What a difference in a player since Carlos has arrived.

Look at his performance at Anfield, tonight and inbetween. A different player. An unrecognisable player.

He had a very poor game at Anfield, two of their goals were certainly his fault, they reckoned on MOTD that a third was also his fault, and the pundits on the night thought he had a mare.
But he's responded well to that criticism and is putting a bit more into his game now.
but I don't think we'll have any trouble holding onto him.
Jordan’s Ayew on 20:51 - Jan 23 with 1450 viewskarnataka

Jordan’s Ayew on 19:03 - Jan 23 by LeonWasGod

Not when you've got a 4 on 3 break and a chance to close the game out, but he thinks he can go it alone.

Good game last night though. He had a thankless task, especially in the 2nd half. Ran his socks off and generally brought others into the game well.

Just his decision making and not getting his head up at times lets him down. But that's why he's with us and Villa before us rather than a top team.

In a nutshell.
Jordan’s Ayew on 04:22 - Jan 24 with 1398 viewsE20Jack

Jordan’s Ayew on 20:48 - Jan 23 by Jack59

He had a very poor game at Anfield, two of their goals were certainly his fault, they reckoned on MOTD that a third was also his fault, and the pundits on the night thought he had a mare.
But he's responded well to that criticism and is putting a bit more into his game now.
but I don't think we'll have any trouble holding onto him.

We did not lose at Anfield because of Jordan Ayew

We could have had Ryan Giggs in him pomp instead of Ayew that day and still would have got battered 4 or 5 nil. The fact he was our only outlet meant he was the one who was going to lose the ball, doesn't mean it is his fault though, it means he is a victim of circumstance of the game.

To expect him to go to Liverpool and not lose the ball is wholly unrealistic, people don't seem to understand that and attribute "fault" far too easily - there can be no fault in pre meditated inevitability.

If we go to Old Trafford with a game plan to leave Bony hold the ball up against 4 United defenders to give time for us to counter, with a view he will on average do that succesfully 30% of the time - if in amongst the 70% of the time we know he will lose the ball against 4 United defenders - they then go on an attack and score - it is not his "fault" they scored, he is the victim of circumstance of the game. We knew he would lose the ball when applying the tactics, to then blame him is absurd.

Ayew is not perfect obviously, but to try and pick holes in our best player seems a pointless exercise. If he was perfect he wouldn't be with us scoring most of our 2018 goals.

Be thankful of his faults. They allow him to be here and make us a better team than if he was perfect and as a result - wasn't here.

Jordan’s Ayew on 05:00 - Jan 24 with 1389 viewsangryjack

Jordan’s Ayew on 04:22 - Jan 24 by E20Jack

We could have had Ryan Giggs in him pomp instead of Ayew that day and still would have got battered 4 or 5 nil. The fact he was our only outlet meant he was the one who was going to lose the ball, doesn't mean it is his fault though, it means he is a victim of circumstance of the game.

To expect him to go to Liverpool and not lose the ball is wholly unrealistic, people don't seem to understand that and attribute "fault" far too easily - there can be no fault in pre meditated inevitability.

If we go to Old Trafford with a game plan to leave Bony hold the ball up against 4 United defenders to give time for us to counter, with a view he will on average do that succesfully 30% of the time - if in amongst the 70% of the time we know he will lose the ball against 4 United defenders - they then go on an attack and score - it is not his "fault" they scored, he is the victim of circumstance of the game. We knew he would lose the ball when applying the tactics, to then blame him is absurd.

Ayew is not perfect obviously, but to try and pick holes in our best player seems a pointless exercise. If he was perfect he wouldn't be with us scoring most of our 2018 goals.

Be thankful of his faults. They allow him to be here and make us a better team than if he was perfect and as a result - wasn't here.

Spot on ..the way he plays he is going to lose the ball more than others for example tom Carroll who will always turn and give a safe pass backwards or sideways so his stats will be a lot better than ayews who will be brave and take chances which do t always come off but when they do it usually creates something or opens things up..would rather players take chances and lose the ball sometimes than the boring side to side passing in front of teams that don't get nowhere
Jordan’s Ayew on 21:45 - Jan 24 with 1301 viewsJack59

Jordan’s Ayew on 04:22 - Jan 24 by E20Jack

I think the reason they laid into him on tv was mainly because he was sluggish when he could have won loose balls. Liverpool players were further away than him but winning the ball.
I don't think anyone would criticise him for losing the ball in circumstances close to what you describe, it's more to do with not laying the ball off when he's got the opportunities to do so, and then ultimately he loses possession.
Jordan’s Ayew on 21:48 - Jan 24 with 1285 viewsE20Jack

Jordan’s Ayew on 21:45 - Jan 24 by Jack59

I think the reason they laid into him on tv was mainly because he was sluggish when he could have won loose balls. Liverpool players were further away than him but winning the ball.
I don't think anyone would criticise him for losing the ball in circumstances close to what you describe, it's more to do with not laying the ball off when he's got the opportunities to do so, and then ultimately he loses possession.

And yet I heard these pundits last week praising Harry Kane as he has now crossed over into the elite because he now does as Messi does and conserve energy in order to use it wisely and explosively in attack... Yet Ayew still covers more ground than any other Swans player doesnt he?

These pundits are moronic in the main. Embarassingly so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024