Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christopher Hitchens 13:50 - Jan 19 with 12506 viewsLohengrin

Any other admirers on here? I'm about fifty or so pages from finishing a re-reading of Why Orwell Matters and seriously considering going back to the start and doing it all over again for the third time. I've read any number of commentaries on Orwell, any that have come up over the years, really, but Hitchens is in a class all his own.

You may not agree with everything he has to say, I certainly haven't on many occasions, on any number of themes, but you can't but help admire the way he put his views across. It's such a shame he was taken before the Trump Presidency he would have made for compulsive, hilarious reading.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Christopher Hitchens on 22:16 - Jan 19 with 1811 viewsDr_Winston

It's a M*A*S*H joke, not a gay one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Christopher Hitchens on 22:20 - Jan 19 with 1800 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Christopher Hitchens on 22:16 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

It's a M*A*S*H joke, not a gay one.

Robert Altman on top form!
Christopher Hitchens on 22:50 - Jan 19 with 1768 viewsexiledclaseboy

Well icey took this thread firmly down the shitter right about the time I praised it for the quality of the debate.

Filed alongside pikeypaul under “classless oik”.

Poll: Tory leader

Christopher Hitchens on 00:14 - Jan 20 with 1719 viewsWarwickHunt

Christopher Hitchens on 22:50 - Jan 19 by exiledclaseboy

Well icey took this thread firmly down the shitter right about the time I praised it for the quality of the debate.

Filed alongside pikeypaul under “classless oik”.

Went from Christopher to Peter.
Christopher Hitchens on 01:04 - Jan 20 with 1692 viewsdeanscfc

Christopher Hitchens on 15:57 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

Nope, I really don't think I will.

Milo is a repulsive creature who will do anything and say anything for self promotion (including changing his religion and sexuality). I can't believe you are taken in by him to be honest. Hitchens would have loathed him.

lol @ Milo... the guy is an absolute c*nt.

And come on, leave the patronising 'love' comments out if you're going to debate with someone.
Christopher Hitchens on 04:18 - Jan 20 with 1655 viewsMo_Wives

Meanwhile on the SS Snowflake...

Private Dancer: Captain, we appear to have got ourselves into a sticky situation.
Capt. Diversity: What is it Private?
PD: We seem to have acted in a way that if the enemy had acted we would feign outrage.
Capt: What have we done?
PD: We implied a gay man was lying about his sexuality. We questioned his identity. And any minute now they will ask for evidence.
Capt: Have we got any?
PD: F*ck no.
Capt: Hit the 'I'm offended button'...quick man, what are you waiting for?
WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOOO WOOOO
Capt: Did it work Private?
PD: Yes Captain. They all seem to think Icecold jack is the bad guy now.
Capt: God damn...I love that old left wing 'I'm offended button'.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 04:28 - Jan 20 with 1654 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 21:37 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

I didn't equate it. You posted it.

And your point about men and women being on an equal footing if it takes a dark twist is frankly ridiculous, utterly stupid and actually quite disturbing.

I already explained in a previous post that it is not about being offended by what was said but by someone believing they had the right to say it.

Perhaps you didn't understand?

Indeed. How dare a peasant believe they have a right to insult a Princess. What is the world coming to?

Out of curiosity, on a scale of 1 to Dave Hill from Slade's haircut, how bad would you rate Pikey Pauls comment? How much did it hurt/offend you? I'm guessing it must be very high due to all the fallout from it.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 04:54 - Jan 20 with 1639 viewsHumpty

Christopher Hitchens on 04:18 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

Meanwhile on the SS Snowflake...

Private Dancer: Captain, we appear to have got ourselves into a sticky situation.
Capt. Diversity: What is it Private?
PD: We seem to have acted in a way that if the enemy had acted we would feign outrage.
Capt: What have we done?
PD: We implied a gay man was lying about his sexuality. We questioned his identity. And any minute now they will ask for evidence.
Capt: Have we got any?
PD: F*ck no.
Capt: Hit the 'I'm offended button'...quick man, what are you waiting for?
WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOOO WOOOO
Capt: Did it work Private?
PD: Yes Captain. They all seem to think Icecold jack is the bad guy now.
Capt: God damn...I love that old left wing 'I'm offended button'.

Snowflakes are the whiny c*nts who think disagreeing with racism is picking on white people.

Snowflakes are the whiny c*nts who think wanting equality for women is picking on men.

Snowflakes are the whiny c*nts who think being against the discrimination of gay people is picking on straight people.

A constant stream of whining from a very sad bunch of very whiny insecure little men.

Whilst constantly seeking approval of others they think are more "alpha" then them.

Lohengrin! Look at me! Look at me Loh! Lohengrin look at me!

Insecure little boys lashing out because they feel threatened.

Pitiful.
Login to get fewer ads

Christopher Hitchens on 05:04 - Jan 20 with 1635 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 04:54 - Jan 20 by Humpty

Snowflakes are the whiny c*nts who think disagreeing with racism is picking on white people.

Snowflakes are the whiny c*nts who think wanting equality for women is picking on men.

Snowflakes are the whiny c*nts who think being against the discrimination of gay people is picking on straight people.

A constant stream of whining from a very sad bunch of very whiny insecure little men.

Whilst constantly seeking approval of others they think are more "alpha" then them.

Pitiful.

Asking white people to move to the back of the concert hall because of their skin colour is racism you f*cking idiot. As is calling for racial segregation, even if black people are calling for it.

If a 9% pay gap is evidence of women being treated unfairly what would you say about the fact that men account for over 90% of work place deaths. If you want equality, close the death at work gap...you gusset sniffer.

Why are you not telling off the person in this thread who has questioned how a gay man identifies, you slow witted, slack jawed f@ggot

Lisa! Lisa! look at me.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 05:05 - Jan 20 with 1631 viewspikeypaul

Shut the feck up you whiny C@nt

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Christopher Hitchens on 05:18 - Jan 20 with 1632 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 04:54 - Jan 20 by Humpty

Pitiful.

PD: Capt, the good ship Mo Wives has seen through our plan
Capt: Send the SS Humpty out to meet him
PD : You can't be serious. The SS Humpty is just some dunce in a canoe with one oar. It's no match for the good ship Wives.
Capt: F*ck it. It may get stuck in Wives engine

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 07:35 - Jan 20 with 1605 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 05:18 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

PD: Capt, the good ship Mo Wives has seen through our plan
Capt: Send the SS Humpty out to meet him
PD : You can't be serious. The SS Humpty is just some dunce in a canoe with one oar. It's no match for the good ship Wives.
Capt: F*ck it. It may get stuck in Wives engine

Summed up nicely .

#Rubbercocklivesmatter
Christopher Hitchens on 08:39 - Jan 20 with 1576 viewsWarwickHunt

Christopher Hitchens on 05:05 - Jan 20 by pikeypaul

Shut the feck up you whiny C@nt

Fûck me - Wittgenstein's just rolled into town.
Christopher Hitchens on 09:37 - Jan 20 with 1553 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 08:39 - Jan 20 by WarwickHunt

Fûck me - Wittgenstein's just rolled into town.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 10:02 - Jan 20 with 1545 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 07:35 - Jan 20 by icecoldjack

Summed up nicely .

#Rubbercocklivesmatter

I'm coming to realise that there are two types of snowflakes.

I think of snowflakes as people who need a safe space to escape any opinions they don't like or think the government should prosecute people who offend them.

Where someone like Humpty thinks that someone who is against racial segregation or thinks we should treat people the same regardless of their skin colour is a snowflake...so that's the likes of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King JR and myself.

MLK: "Ay have a dream..."
Humpty: "Shurrup snowflake"
MLK: "Pardon?"
Humpty: "You heard...and tell that other snowflake to sit at the back of the bus on the way home...we're trying to fight racism, ffs"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 10:05 - Jan 20 with 1543 viewsNeath_Jack

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Christopher Hitchens on 10:12 - Jan 20 with 1538 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 10:05 - Jan 20 by Neath_Jack

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 03:31 - Jan 22 with 1428 viewsHumpty

Christopher Hitchens on 10:02 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

I'm coming to realise that there are two types of snowflakes.

I think of snowflakes as people who need a safe space to escape any opinions they don't like or think the government should prosecute people who offend them.

Where someone like Humpty thinks that someone who is against racial segregation or thinks we should treat people the same regardless of their skin colour is a snowflake...so that's the likes of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King JR and myself.

MLK: "Ay have a dream..."
Humpty: "Shurrup snowflake"
MLK: "Pardon?"
Humpty: "You heard...and tell that other snowflake to sit at the back of the bus on the way home...we're trying to fight racism, ffs"

And there we go again Mo. One you're using a term that you say you never use.

And two. You're making things up. I have never said people who are against racial segregation are snowflakes.

I remember the silly childish post you made trying to compare that daft American university to Jim Crow. I said quite clearly I thought their actions were wrong, silly and self defeating. You actually congratulated me for saying so.

Mo, If your whole ideology relies on making shit up, saying people said things that they didn't, it's not much of an ideology is it?

Grow up boy. If you have to constantly lie you have nothing worth listening to.
Christopher Hitchens on 05:57 - Jan 22 with 1412 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 03:31 - Jan 22 by Humpty

And there we go again Mo. One you're using a term that you say you never use.

And two. You're making things up. I have never said people who are against racial segregation are snowflakes.

I remember the silly childish post you made trying to compare that daft American university to Jim Crow. I said quite clearly I thought their actions were wrong, silly and self defeating. You actually congratulated me for saying so.

Mo, If your whole ideology relies on making shit up, saying people said things that they didn't, it's not much of an ideology is it?

Grow up boy. If you have to constantly lie you have nothing worth listening to.

"I remember the silly childish post you made trying to compare that daft American university to Jim Crow. I said quite clearly I thought their actions were wrong, silly and self defeating. You actually congratulated me for saying so."

But were their actions racist, Hump?

Were the actions of the singer Lido Pimienta racist when she told white people to move to the back of the hall?

When I complain about these things do you think I'm disagreeing with racism or am I, in fact, being a whiny c*nt who is seeing people fighting racism (with segregation) as picking on white people?

BTW, are you OK? you seem very angry lately.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 1359 viewsHighjack

Christopher Hitchens on 04:28 - Jan 20 by Mo_Wives

Indeed. How dare a peasant believe they have a right to insult a Princess. What is the world coming to?

Out of curiosity, on a scale of 1 to Dave Hill from Slade's haircut, how bad would you rate Pikey Pauls comment? How much did it hurt/offend you? I'm guessing it must be very high due to all the fallout from it.

I wonder if Lisa has ever called a man a "w@nker"? Several hundred women have used that term to describe me in the last year alone. It's essentially the same thing. It wasn't a very nice comment from Mr Pikey at all though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Christopher Hitchens on 12:01 - Jan 22 with 1354 viewsswanjackal

Christopher Hitchens on 11:52 - Jan 22 by Highjack

I wonder if Lisa has ever called a man a "w@nker"? Several hundred women have used that term to describe me in the last year alone. It's essentially the same thing. It wasn't a very nice comment from Mr Pikey at all though.

You are Louis CK and I claim my slightly soiled $5 bill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Christopher Hitchens on 12:05 - Jan 22 with 1348 viewsHighjack

Christopher Hitchens on 12:01 - Jan 22 by swanjackal

You are Louis CK and I claim my slightly soiled $5 bill.

I have no idea who that is. Was he one of the kings of France?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Christopher Hitchens on 12:24 - Jan 22 with 1337 viewsswanjackal

It's threads like this that make the internet so great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Christopher Hitchens on 13:10 - Jan 22 with 1323 viewsacejack3065

So.Many.Straw.Men.

Oh wait, better not say "strawmen" because all the posters who insist other people get offended at stupid sh*t might have to make up some stories about people who were offended to mask their own offence
Christopher Hitchens on 13:21 - Jan 22 with 1314 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 13:10 - Jan 22 by acejack3065

So.Many.Straw.Men.

Oh wait, better not say "strawmen" because all the posters who insist other people get offended at stupid sh*t might have to make up some stories about people who were offended to mask their own offence

In 2018 why would anybody have the least need to invent offended people when they can watch an endless parade of permanently scandalised Momentum supporters file past on Newsnight at the flick of the TV remote?

Have you got Sky Movies, young Ace? If you have access go to the all movies tab and select 1984. One of the opening scenes features a man with a trimmed grey beard exhorting his indoctrinated audience to scream all the louder during their 'two minutes hate.'

See if it reminds you of anybody or anything...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024