Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the penny finally dropped 20:19 - Jan 19 with 7960 viewsthornabyswan

10 million extra for transfers if you believe the spin.
Free travel to Notts County.
Price reduction for online booking fees.

My guess is season ticket renewals are way down.
Couple that with the terrible crowd against Wolves and the negativity at the club.
I think the owners are rattled.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:23 - Jan 19 with 4773 viewsbuilthjack

10 million extra on top of what though.
it should be on top of 30 million

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:25 - Jan 19 with 4749 viewsBobby_Fischer

I'd be slightly concerned if we spent £30 million

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:26 - Jan 19 with 4744 viewsbuilthjack

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:25 - Jan 19 by Bobby_Fischer

I'd be slightly concerned if we spent £30 million

You dont want to stay up?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:32 - Jan 19 with 4706 viewsthornabyswan

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:26 - Jan 19 by builthjack

If they spent 30 we complain about the debt.
If they spend 20 like last season we complain about the quality.
If we spend nothing we complain about lack of ambition
They can't win really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 4683 viewsFlashberryjack

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:32 - Jan 19 by thornabyswan

They can't win really.

You've got a point there.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:34 - Jan 19 with 4676 viewsmagicdaps10

Well once again, if it has dropped then it is too late.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:35 - Jan 19 with 4654 viewsSwanjaxs

They can't win really.

What's really depressing is the fact a 30 million spend on this squad is just scratching the surface, and also I'll believe it when it happens....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:37 - Jan 19 with 4639 viewsOldjack

clubs have spent up to 100 mill in January and still gone down

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:39 - Jan 19 with 4621 viewsQJumpingJack

When are the Americans next over?
Has the penny finally dropped on 20:40 - Jan 19 with 4607 viewsDr_Winston

Good work in the transfer market is not and never has been about how much you spend. It's about what you spend it on. We could spend £50m and not improve the squad. We could spend £20m and improve it massively. We've lost the ability to do the latter. We did when the board decided that they knew better than Laudrup and Tutumlu.

People bitching about the budget and wanting us to spend £50-60m are missing the point completely.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:41 - Jan 19 with 4595 viewsplasjack

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:35 - Jan 19 by Swanjaxs

What's really depressing is the fact a 30 million spend on this squad is just scratching the surface, and also I'll believe it when it happens....

£30 million is pathetic, given the position we are in, considering the transfer fees for Siggy and others too numerous to mention, we should have a budget of at least double that.
Has the penny finally dropped on 20:47 - Jan 19 with 4527 viewsDrizzy

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:40 - Jan 19 by Dr_Winston

Good work in the transfer market is not and never has been about how much you spend. It's about what you spend it on. We could spend £50m and not improve the squad. We could spend £20m and improve it massively. We've lost the ability to do the latter. We did when the board decided that they knew better than Laudrup and Tutumlu.

People bitching about the budget and wanting us to spend £50-60m are missing the point completely.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Typical revisionism regarding Laudrup and Bayram, who set the precedent for the club dealing with lecherous agents rather than scouting suitable players.

On the subject of transfers, there's no point in expensive loan deals or short term contracts for potential impact players. Time to have a long term strategy and strengthen obviously weak positions like full-back with players who would be top level Championship standard. If they can help this season then great but it's time to be realistic about the club's position.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:49 - Jan 19 with 4510 viewsawayjack

They can't win really.

Do the greedy hedge fund and board deserve to 'win'.
Has the penny finally dropped on 20:49 - Jan 19 with 4505 viewsthornabyswan

Transfer fees are not comparable now to then with the increase in the TV deal.
Wages have rocketed as well.
Plus we are bottom of the league and quality players will only come if we pay top dollar.
Easy to see why we haven't signed anyone yet.

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:50 - Jan 19 with 4482 viewsswanforthemoney

No guarantee we would stay up if we spend 30 million. If only it were that easy. weve rarely done well in the market by spending big. We need to spend wisely and I don't see where that is coming from unless CC has something up his sleeve and a player in mind for a particular role.
For me the die is cast, go with what we got unless Carlos has a decent right back up his sleeve.

I stand in the North Stand

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:52 - Jan 19 with 4459 viewsCrazedBison

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:39 - Jan 19 by QJumpingJack

When are the Americans next over?

I’m here now.
Has the penny finally dropped on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 4440 viewsGlyn1

Don't shoot me for this but the Americans seem to be listening to the fans and doing some good things. (HJ can still feck off.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 4415 viewsmonmouth

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:50 - Jan 19 by swanforthemoney

No guarantee we would stay up if we spend 30 million. If only it were that easy. weve rarely done well in the market by spending big. We need to spend wisely and I don't see where that is coming from unless CC has something up his sleeve and a player in mind for a particular role.
For me the die is cast, go with what we got unless Carlos has a decent right back up his sleeve.

I can't believe the amount of people that seemingly would be happy to risk the future of the club just to 'splash the cash'. Bloody Sky and FM.

I'd much rather see a couple of good footballers. An attacking right back and an attacking midfield or winger. But I think you're right, we might get one of those, but we've already placed average bets with Narsingh/Sanches/Abraham and now its basically up to Carlos to get a tune out of them.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:58 - Jan 19 with 4405 viewsGlyn1

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:52 - Jan 19 by CrazedBison

I’m here now.

Welcome CB you crazy fool!

We're as far north as Canada, the days are short, the nights are long and lots of us have gone to Miami.

Full respect to you man.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Has the penny finally dropped on 21:02 - Jan 19 with 4363 viewsthornabyswan

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:54 - Jan 19 by Glyn1

Don't shoot me for this but the Americans seem to be listening to the fans and doing some good things. (HJ can still feck off.)

There is definitely something going on.
Jenkins will be gone soon enough.
It's noticeable on here though if they announce something positive like the free away travel for next week nobody bats an eyelid.
Anything negative like the £2.50 booking fee and the responses are high.

Has the penny finally dropped on 21:03 - Jan 19 with 4344 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins would have been gone a long time ago if they had a replacement they were confident in.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Has the penny finally dropped on 21:13 - Jan 19 with 4268 viewsCrazedBison

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:58 - Jan 19 by Glyn1

Welcome CB you crazy fool!

We're as far north as Canada, the days are short, the nights are long and lots of us have gone to Miami.

Full respect to you man.

Thank you. I’m currently living in Seattle so the latitude isn’t as bad as it could be from other parts of he US.

It’s been rather enjoyable really. A win on Saturday would have been great, but Newcastle was a decent enough place to spend a day/night.

I was really hoping we’d have gotten someone in by Monday, but that’s looking rather unlikely at this point. I am not saying that I expect a Swans win, but I feel oddly hopeful about Monday evening. Maybe though that’s just because I’ve had a number of drinks tonight.
Has the penny finally dropped on 21:21 - Jan 19 with 4190 viewsSwanjaxs

Agree with what you say, and the little gems are still out there, but the higher the standard the harder it becomes, basically you get what you pay for in the Premier League, and I am in no way even advocating spending 30 million, we need to be building a solid squad in readiness for the championship

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Has the penny finally dropped on 21:28 - Jan 19 with 4143 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Has the penny finally dropped on 20:23 - Jan 19 by builthjack

10 million extra on top of what though.
it should be on top of 30 million

This is correct. In the summer we had a net spend of over +30m. Jenkins has said repeatedly that this money will be used to fund the January transfers, but I highly doubt it will happen.

On that subject, it is hilarious how Jenkins always claims that the club spends everything that it takes in and that not a penny is ever pocketed by the board and yet for the past 4 years we've had transfer surplus after transfer surplus. Absolute farce.

Come on you Swans.

Has the penny finally dropped on 21:35 - Jan 19 with 4091 viewsjasper_T

Has the penny finally dropped on 21:28 - Jan 19 by MyFinalHeaven

This is correct. In the summer we had a net spend of over +30m. Jenkins has said repeatedly that this money will be used to fund the January transfers, but I highly doubt it will happen.

On that subject, it is hilarious how Jenkins always claims that the club spends everything that it takes in and that not a penny is ever pocketed by the board and yet for the past 4 years we've had transfer surplus after transfer surplus. Absolute farce.

And operating loss after operating loss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024