Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea council 18:48 - Feb 2 with 3457 viewsdickythorpe

On the day they are thinking of charging teachers to park at schools to make up some shortfall of funding deficits (pleading poverty) I've heard they've sold the civic centre to a local restaurant.
Any truth? And how much have they sold it for?
Swansea council on 18:49 - Feb 2 with 2647 viewsfelixstowe_jack

As long as they charge the Councillors to par when they attend Council Meetings.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea council on 18:53 - Feb 2 with 2630 viewsjack2jack

Bloody he'll DT, that'll be one hell of a restaurant.
Gotta be nonsense surely.
Swansea council on 18:53 - Feb 2 with 2630 viewsmax936

Charging Teachers to park, ffs

I know Doctors and Nurses/staff are charged to park at some hospitals which is unbelievably wrong the wastage that goes on in local Governments and in Government is astounding yet its the general populace that are made to pay for it, Countries going to hell in a cart,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea council on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 2624 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea council on 18:49 - Feb 2 by felixstowe_jack

As long as they charge the Councillors to par when they attend Council Meetings.

They'll just claim it back in expenses mun

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea council on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 2625 viewsmax936

Swansea council on 18:53 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

Bloody he'll DT, that'll be one hell of a restaurant.
Gotta be nonsense surely.

Dicky isn't on about the County Hall surely???

Swansea council on 19:01 - Feb 2 with 2604 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea council on 18:53 - Feb 2 by max936

Charging Teachers to park, ffs

I know Doctors and Nurses/staff are charged to park at some hospitals which is unbelievably wrong the wastage that goes on in local Governments and in Government is astounding yet its the general populace that are made to pay for it, Countries going to hell in a cart,

Its right across the board Max. Almost all Local Government workers are charged to park. CACOS employs about 8000 people I would guess and the vast majority of drivers will be charged to park unless they are in satellite offices.
On top of this holidays, flexi are being cut. Salaries are being reviewed and cut (job evaluation). There is a general erosion of conditions of service. Family friendly employment it is not nowadays.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea council on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 2600 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council on 18:55 - Feb 2 by max936

Dunno Max and don't call me Shirley!
Swansea council on 19:05 - Feb 2 with 2597 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea council on 18:55 - Feb 2 by max936

Yes , Max, although not many call it that now. It used to be called that but not now. Is that ok?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea council on 19:21 - Feb 2 with 2554 viewsperchrockjack

Slagging off Swansea .Come in Lifey .

It's all yours

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea council on 19:30 - Feb 2 with 2529 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council on 19:21 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

It's all yours

Not Swansea, Swansea Clowncil, different entirely.👍
Swansea council on 19:48 - Feb 2 with 2482 viewslifelong

Swansea council on 19:21 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

It's all yours

You’re like a Benzedrine Puff Adder. ( Fawlty Towers 1979).
Swansea council on 19:50 - Feb 2 with 2477 viewsmax936

Swansea council on 19:05 - Feb 2 by dickythorpe

Yes , Max, although not many call it that now. It used to be called that but not now. Is that ok?

I thought Terry Mathews had plans for that place? what the fuk is a restaurant gonna do with all that space, branching into the Hotel Business?

Swansea council on 20:06 - Feb 2 with 2447 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea council on 19:50 - Feb 2 by max936

I thought Terry Mathews had plans for that place? what the fuk is a restaurant gonna do with all that space, branching into the Hotel Business?

Maybe it'll be part of this redevelopment scheme that's gone quiet in recent months
Swansea council on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 2319 viewsBarrySwan

Swansea council on 19:01 - Feb 2 by Private_Partz

Its right across the board Max. Almost all Local Government workers are charged to park. CACOS employs about 8000 people I would guess and the vast majority of drivers will be charged to park unless they are in satellite offices.
On top of this holidays, flexi are being cut. Salaries are being reviewed and cut (job evaluation). There is a general erosion of conditions of service. Family friendly employment it is not nowadays.

'Charged to park'............. Are they?

Where exactly?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 22:22]
Swansea council on 22:26 - Feb 2 with 2304 viewsmysonsarejacks

The 'Fat Cat' culture sickens me. Too many chiefs thinking they're worth millions. Just look at companies like Carillion with directors making very bad decisions and expecting golden handshakes. It is corrupt.

There seems little 'Public Service' around.

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Swansea council on 22:32 - Feb 2 with 2291 viewsPozuelosSideys

You can blame the Tory Scum for this.

Then again, if you keep on voting for the same clueless shite, stop moaning about it.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea council on 22:33 - Feb 2 with 2286 viewsjack2jack

Swansea council on 22:21 - Feb 2 by BarrySwan

Where exactly?

Yes they are,according to a mate of mine who works for the council.
They are charged to park in The Rec.
Swansea council on 22:50 - Feb 2 with 2267 viewssP7qupUf

This the council that spent £83 million on an IT contract that was hopeless and failed to deliver on promises, £19 million on the bendy bus/Kingsway shambles and goodness knows how much to turn it back to how it once was. I believe they are trying to cover a £20 million shortfall. These decisions have cost taxpayers at least 5 times that!! This in money that should have been spent on schools, social care, highways and a range of local services.

Furthermore, this is the council that's spent years on local in-fighting and petty squabbles and has allowed Cardiff to leave us in the lurch and have failed to fight Swansea's corner with the Welsh Government.
Swansea council on 23:06 - Feb 2 with 2243 viewspikeypaul

Swansea council on 22:50 - Feb 2 by sP7qupUf

This the council that spent £83 million on an IT contract that was hopeless and failed to deliver on promises, £19 million on the bendy bus/Kingsway shambles and goodness knows how much to turn it back to how it once was. I believe they are trying to cover a £20 million shortfall. These decisions have cost taxpayers at least 5 times that!! This in money that should have been spent on schools, social care, highways and a range of local services.

Furthermore, this is the council that's spent years on local in-fighting and petty squabbles and has allowed Cardiff to leave us in the lurch and have failed to fight Swansea's corner with the Welsh Government.

Sounds like the £10 billion labour spunkec on their nhs it disaster.

But keep it quiet around here guys.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Swansea council on 23:21 - Feb 2 with 2216 viewsDan_Swan

Where exactly?

Staff have been charged to park at the Civic Centre (Paxton Street & West Car parks) & Guildhall (North Road, Rotunda, Baths Car Park & the Rec) for several years. My guess is at least 7 years this has been in place. Around the same time parking restrictions were imposed in the Sandfields, on St Helens' Crescent & Francis Street. In addition to double yellow lines on St Helens' Road opposite the Crown Court.

From memory there are 2 price brackets dependant on the wage and the I believe the charges aren't far off £20 & £30 a month.

I refuse to pay to park there so park around a mile away and walk in from there, the charges are effectively half my season ticket.

Still following Dr's orders!

Swansea council on 01:32 - Feb 3 with 2155 viewsDyfnant

Swansea council on 19:50 - Feb 2 by max936

Won’t be a hotel, Marriott have a block on hotels within a certain distance and it covers that place

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea council on 09:37 - Feb 3 with 1986 viewsPrivate_Partz

Where exactly?

Well the main one is the Civic Centre or County Hall. All staff are charged with parking within the confines Also in the large car park outside which serves no other purpose than providing parking for the building.
I am retired now but I recall it was about £250.00 pa deducted at source and a parking permit issued as a result of the agreement.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea council on 12:35 - Feb 3 with 1885 viewsBarrySwan

Swansea council on 22:33 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

Yes they are,according to a mate of mine who works for the council.
They are charged to park in The Rec.

I see.

So are you saying that Labour controlled Swansea council are charging their employees to park... whereas..for example....Conservative controlled Vale of Glamorgan council aren't?

And does this equate to the original statement of 'Almost all local employees are charged to park' or are we just talking about Labour party controlled Swansea council?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 12:42]
Swansea council on 12:40 - Feb 3 with 1878 viewsBarrySwan

Swansea council on 23:21 - Feb 2 by Dan_Swan

Staff have been charged to park at the Civic Centre (Paxton Street & West Car parks) & Guildhall (North Road, Rotunda, Baths Car Park & the Rec) for several years. My guess is at least 7 years this has been in place. Around the same time parking restrictions were imposed in the Sandfields, on St Helens' Crescent & Francis Street. In addition to double yellow lines on St Helens' Road opposite the Crown Court.

From memory there are 2 price brackets dependant on the wage and the I believe the charges aren't far off £20 & £30 a month.

I refuse to pay to park there so park around a mile away and walk in from there, the charges are effectively half my season ticket.

Further to my earlier reply to another contributor.

Are we saying that we are referring to Labour party run Swansea Council charging it's employees for parking as opposed to my local Conservative controlled council which isn't?

'The original statement was 'Most Local Authority workers are being charged to park.'

I'm still waiting for verification of that claim as to whether this applies to, self proclaimed party of the working class, Labour run Swansea council or if this is more widespread as appears to be claimed.
Swansea council on 12:41 - Feb 3 with 1877 viewsBarrySwan

Swansea council on 09:37 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Well the main one is the Civic Centre or County Hall. All staff are charged with parking within the confines Also in the large car park outside which serves no other purpose than providing parking for the building.
I am retired now but I recall it was about £250.00 pa deducted at source and a parking permit issued as a result of the agreement.

See my other posts.

I still await your clarification as to whether this 'Most Local authority workers' applies to labour run Swansea council or a nationwide figure.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 12:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024