Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Carlos remain after this summer? 11:42 - Feb 9 with 6683 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Assuming we stay up, would you hand Carlos a longer term contract?

Based on what happened to Monk/Guidolin/Clement (survival followed by a poor season), do you see Carlos taking us to the "next level" or should the owner pursue the Martinez/Rodgers route?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 11:54 - Feb 9 with 4468 viewsswanjackal

A year rolling contract, as I would any manager we hire. Gone are the times where managers stay for long periods as a rule. So, instead of financially shooting ourselves in the foot with ludicrous length contracts and then terminate them not long after they start a new one, just use something we have semi control over knowing how much compensation we will have to fork out/receive when they leave.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:03 - Feb 9 with 4432 viewsDr_Winston

If he keeps us up he'll have earned the right to start the next season, just as Clement and Guidolin did before him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:09 - Feb 9 with 4403 viewswhiterock

We effectively sold Rodgers for £5m and Martinez for £2m because they had contracts, a year rolling is fine but Carlos will be in the driving seat if he keeps us up.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:10 - Feb 9 with 4397 viewsbazzool

Yes definately, the problem with guido/clement is they never had a clue , carlos does and is well experienced so yea there should be no doubt in anyones mind why he shouldnt stay as manager
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:17 - Feb 9 with 4361 viewsSwansea93

Didn't Rodgers originally have a rolling contract with us?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:17 - Feb 9 with 4360 viewsswanjackal

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:09 - Feb 9 by whiterock

We effectively sold Rodgers for £5m and Martinez for £2m because they had contracts, a year rolling is fine but Carlos will be in the driving seat if he keeps us up.

And we lost much more through more recent appointments through Laudrup, Monk, Guidolin, Bradley and Clement, often after renewing to new long term contracts after promising starts.

If he does not want to sign the contract offered at the end, if he does keep us up, then so be it.

I agree with Doc though, if he keeps us up, he has earned the extnsion, just don't want to risk a long term contract on a manager who does not seem to last very long in a post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:18 - Feb 9 with 4353 viewsswanjackal

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:17 - Feb 9 by Swansea93

Didn't Rodgers originally have a rolling contract with us?

Think so.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:21 - Feb 9 with 4331 viewsFlashberryjack

I'd keep Carlos either way, if he keeps us up fantastic, if we go down, if think he's a good shout to bring us back up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:23 - Feb 9 with 4317 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:10 - Feb 9 by bazzool

Yes definately, the problem with guido/clement is they never had a clue , carlos does and is well experienced so yea there should be no doubt in anyones mind why he shouldnt stay as manager

Clement lost it as a result of a poor and late window. A decent inexperienced coach was wrecked in the end.
Guidolin did not have a clue? Are you serious? The club was almost done for when he arrived. He saved us and, despite another poor and late window, had the experience to start turning things around before being disgracefully sacked for Blobby.
If Carlos keeps us up he should be given at least a two year contract. He also needs to be supported in the transfer market with timely and decent signings. An unlikely scenario with Jenkins still here.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 12:25]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:28 - Feb 9 with 4284 viewsSwan91

I think its something i will only look at at the end of the season... alot can change in weeks.. these days its too hard to predict what can happen even in a few weeks. if the team play like this the rest of the season yes. but again.. all depends on players brought in.

if we look at players like schurlle, Gaitan, Kevin Gameiro again next transfer window when we are not in a relagation battle.. and if Ayew does well for us again.. I can see us being top half PL team with his tactics next season. but have to sign between 5-7 players (loan replacements and strengthen the squad.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:35 - Feb 9 with 4248 viewsairedale

If Carlos does well for us this season, we may have to compete with a number of PL clubs for his signature next season.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:38 - Feb 9 with 4244 viewssainthelens

Yes we should, but what the fans think will be insignificant if Jenkins" long distance love affair with our departed waiter is progressing. Our DOF doesn't mind who gets shafted as long as he has his way. Tho if Jenkins fcks off, and the Jackal stays.....then the future will be rosy.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:40 - Feb 9 with 4232 viewsItchySphincter

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:03 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

If he keeps us up he'll have earned the right to start the next season, just as Clement and Guidolin did before him.

No guarantees he'd want to stay if he keeps us up. His stock will be high and some people are taking a lot for granted.

Do I think he should be our manager? Yes, I have done for a considerable time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:41 - Feb 9 with 4222 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:28 - Feb 9 by Swan91

I think its something i will only look at at the end of the season... alot can change in weeks.. these days its too hard to predict what can happen even in a few weeks. if the team play like this the rest of the season yes. but again.. all depends on players brought in.

if we look at players like schurlle, Gaitan, Kevin Gameiro again next transfer window when we are not in a relagation battle.. and if Ayew does well for us again.. I can see us being top half PL team with his tactics next season. but have to sign between 5-7 players (loan replacements and strengthen the squad.

I agree with most of that. It is too early. It is a question of balance though. If we stay up with style then there is a danger of him being pinched off us.
I was amazed with some posters who felt Carlos should go in case history repeats itself like it did with Frankie and Clem!!
If Carlos keeps us up and is supported adequately in the next window then the future could be rosey. The last thing we would need is yet another managerial search. Especially when you consider who will be doing the searching.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:42 - Feb 9 with 4216 viewsShaky

What happened in 3 prior coin tosses is statistically irrelevant, and any comparison is logically nonsensical.

If he does a good job of course he should be reappointed, bearing in mind the possibility he can still have done a good job despite Swansea ending up relegated.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 12:45]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:56 - Feb 9 with 4128 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If we lose tomorrow sentiment will start to change. Lose at Brighton as well and he'll go from hero to zero in a couple of weeks.

Win both those games and supporters will proclaim him the greatest ever.

Stay up and he's a tough man to sack.

Go down and, depending on the manner of the rest of the season, we might struggle to attract better.

He's staying.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:03 - Feb 9 with 4088 viewspencoedjack

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:23 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Clement lost it as a result of a poor and late window. A decent inexperienced coach was wrecked in the end.
Guidolin did not have a clue? Are you serious? The club was almost done for when he arrived. He saved us and, despite another poor and late window, had the experience to start turning things around before being disgracefully sacked for Blobby.
If Carlos keeps us up he should be given at least a two year contract. He also needs to be supported in the transfer market with timely and decent signings. An unlikely scenario with Jenkins still here.

Spot on

Saying neither had a clue is a ridiculous statement.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:07 - Feb 9 with 4050 viewsDr_Winston

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:23 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Clement lost it because he played cowardly football. Regardless of any transfer window he failed to get the same levels of performance that Carvalhal has managed from the same set of players.

He was largely the architect of his own downfall.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:09 - Feb 9 with 4041 viewsSwanjaxs

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:03 - Feb 9 by pencoedjack

Spot on

Saying neither had a clue is a ridiculous statement.

Can I see Carlos taking us to the next level.... surely that depends on Jenkins and the moneymen? If they back him and allow him to make his own choices then most definitely

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:16 - Feb 9 with 4011 viewsjack2jack

Based on what he's done so far its a yes from me. I've been impressed, having said that I was impressed with PC. Would he take us to the next level, well that would depend on the money men and the backing he would be given.
It all looks rosey (ish) in the garden atm, but we all know how quickly things can go sour.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:30 - Feb 9 with 3950 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:07 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Clement lost it because he played cowardly football. Regardless of any transfer window he failed to get the same levels of performance that Carvalhal has managed from the same set of players.

He was largely the architect of his own downfall.

Dress it up any way you like Doc. The dividing line between Clements''s success and failure was the poor and late transfer window. Clement had to go. He had run out of ideas, lost confidence and this had spread to the players. We can thank Jenkins for that.
We would not be in this league if it was not for Clement and history will show that. Plus his best players were sold from under him whilst the club was looking to create a profit on transfer dealings.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:38 - Feb 9 with 3929 viewsDrGonzo

I'd take Martinez or Brendan if they become available regardless.
Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:45 - Feb 9 with 3886 viewsPrivate_Partz

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:38 - Feb 9 by DrGonzo

I'd take Martinez or Brendan if they become available regardless.

If Carlos can keep us up and play with the style he is nurturing then I would not touch Brenda or the Treacherous One with a bargepole.
I doubt either would come here anyway. They have far to cushy well paid little numbers already.

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 13:48 - Feb 9 with 3870 viewsmax936

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:10 - Feb 9 by bazzool

Two governing factors for me Jenkins will want Martinez back if he stays, that’s assuming Belgium crash and burn in the World Cup though and whether Jenkins is still at the helm, hopefully not obviously, we need to move on from Jenkins for more reasons than one.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 14:06 - Feb 9 with 3805 viewsOldjack

Should Carlos remain after this summer? on 12:21 - Feb 9 by Flashberryjack

I'd keep Carlos either way, if he keeps us up fantastic, if we go down, if think he's a good shout to bring us back up.

this ,he's already worked miracles with us,plus a good track record with Wednesday in the championship

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024