Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New village to be built 23:40 - Feb 13 with 6147 viewsMrSwerve

On the Felindre site just off J46 of the M4, to accomodate approx 2000 people.

Good luck those that need to use the M4 in the mornings. The traffic situation around Swansea is ridiculous as it is.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2018 23:48]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

New village to be built on 23:44 - Feb 13 with 6137 viewsKilkennyjack

Liberty should have been built there, as well as Academy.

Still, handy for the Crem. Comforting to know.....

Beware of the Risen People

New village to be built on 08:35 - Feb 14 with 5985 viewsAkinfenwa

Is there not some sort of huge power station down there. I would have thought not the best place to build houses.
New village to be built on 09:14 - Feb 14 with 5931 viewsPegojack

I worked at the BSC Tinplate offices there from 1983 to 1986, and used to go running lunchtimes up the lane towards the reservoir when I was young, fit and healthy. Changed in the sports pavilion next to the office block. Happy days. Any other PS posters work there?
New village to be built on 12:28 - Feb 14 with 5833 viewsMrSwansea

Who is building it then? The cost of new housing is so inflated due to the government help...catch 22.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

New village to be built on 12:38 - Feb 14 with 5808 viewssP7qupUf

Had a little chuckle to myself about this one. Interestingly, reading around the topic, it appears that the land is owned by the Welsh Government..... the same organisation that this week has proposed a tax on companies holding on to land without building on it. Some may see this as somewhere between hypocritical and ironic. The Welsh Assembly Government which has presided over the demise of Wales seems to be a law unto itself. A perfect example of being dominated by one party. There seems to be no accountability whatsoever and it follows an agenda which a handful of individuals push. However, there is a swell of discontent building and it will be interesting to see the outcome of two key inquiries into the conduct of the First Minister. The old saying "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" springs to mind.
New village to be built on 13:23 - Feb 14 with 5751 viewswhiterock

Didn't they build housing for up to 4000 people at the old BP Llandarcy site? What infrastructure was needed there? schools, doctors, shops, pubs, post office, library etc.
New village to be built on 13:50 - Feb 14 with 5696 viewsVetchfielder

New village to be built on 09:14 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

I worked at the BSC Tinplate offices there from 1983 to 1986, and used to go running lunchtimes up the lane towards the reservoir when I was young, fit and healthy. Changed in the sports pavilion next to the office block. Happy days. Any other PS posters work there?

Not quite but I worked on the dam construction project on the Lower Lliw reservoir site and I used to go running on the odd lunchtime from there down towards the BSC site

Proud to have been one of the 231

New village to be built on 15:55 - Feb 14 with 5614 viewsvetchonian

Served my apprenticeship there 1978-1982 great days great place before the slimdown in 81 after Mcgregor felled his axe

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

New village to be built on 19:34 - Feb 14 with 5499 viewsScotia

New village to be built on 13:23 - Feb 14 by whiterock

Didn't they build housing for up to 4000 people at the old BP Llandarcy site? What infrastructure was needed there? schools, doctors, shops, pubs, post office, library etc.

They planned to build a new "urban village" there but I think only about 250 houses have been built, they haven't been very popular. All sorts of stuff was planned, schools, shops and even a train station.

The village at Velindre isn't really new, it's part of the Swansea LDP. Others a planned at Penplas, garden Village and Pontarddulais.

There's a Power Station planned next to the Velindre site too.
New village to be built on 19:44 - Feb 14 with 5479 viewsLandore_Jack

The M4 around Swansea is currently congested. Surely, a new housing estate at J46 will add to the problem? It's about time it was widen to three lanes.

#backtojack

New village to be built on 19:47 - Feb 14 with 5468 viewsJackfath

New village to be built on 19:44 - Feb 14 by Landore_Jack

The M4 around Swansea is currently congested. Surely, a new housing estate at J46 will add to the problem? It's about time it was widen to three lanes.

What about those who live alongside the motorway in Ynysforgan for example?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New village to be built on 20:08 - Feb 14 with 5448 viewsGaryjack

New village to be built on 19:47 - Feb 14 by Jackfath

What about those who live alongside the motorway in Ynysforgan for example?

Plus the overpass of the roundabout! How do they widen that! Would cause chaos for years and cost hundreds of millions. Sad as it is, the only solution at present is to declare the stretch of motorway between J47 and the start of the three lane stretch at Briton Ferry a dual carriage way and impose a 50m an hour speed limit.
New village to be built on 09:43 - Feb 15 with 5266 viewsjackson5

Worked in Velindre 77-82 Five Stand then Trostre till 2000, Happy days Velindre brilliant club sadly all gone

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

New village to be built on 10:18 - Feb 15 with 5230 viewsJackswan

New village to be built on 19:34 - Feb 14 by Scotia

They planned to build a new "urban village" there but I think only about 250 houses have been built, they haven't been very popular. All sorts of stuff was planned, schools, shops and even a train station.

The village at Velindre isn't really new, it's part of the Swansea LDP. Others a planned at Penplas, garden Village and Pontarddulais.

There's a Power Station planned next to the Velindre site too.

The Swansea LDP are also planning numerous houses in the Llansamlet area without improving the infrastructure. As well as strategic planning a Park and Ride for 350+ cars behind Llansamlet railway station and surgery.
New village to be built on 10:24 - Feb 15 with 5226 viewsPegojack

New village to be built on 13:50 - Feb 14 by Vetchfielder

Not quite but I worked on the dam construction project on the Lower Lliw reservoir site and I used to go running on the odd lunchtime from there down towards the BSC site

So you're the bugger who used to go past in the other direction!
New village to be built on 19:55 - Feb 15 with 5061 viewsDyfnant

New village to be built on 09:43 - Feb 15 by jackson5

Worked in Velindre 77-82 Five Stand then Trostre till 2000, Happy days Velindre brilliant club sadly all gone

Where about in Trostre

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

New village to be built on 23:00 - Feb 15 with 4971 viewsTreforys_Jack

I can remember playing football against Afon Tinplate,Swansea Sunday League back in the Mid to late 1980's possibly early 90's. There used to be a pitch and wooden changing rooms and pavilion on the opposite side of the road to the works. Been down there recently walking the dogs and can't for the life of me see where it was. Nature seems to have done a fantastic job reclaiming the area.
New village to be built on 12:30 - Feb 16 with 4818 viewsjackson5

New village to be built on 19:55 - Feb 15 by Dyfnant

Where about in Trostre

Hi Dyfnant
5 Stand, Temper mills , and yourself ?

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

New village to be built on 17:46 - Feb 16 with 4737 viewsBenJ94

I live on the farm just up the lane from it, roadworks are going to be a c*nt!
New village to be built on 17:50 - Feb 16 with 4733 viewsDarran

New village to be built on 17:46 - Feb 16 by BenJ94

I live on the farm just up the lane from it, roadworks are going to be a c*nt!

You still wánking those pigs off Ben?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New village to be built on 18:42 - Feb 16 with 4699 viewsDrGonzo

Currently used for the DVLA park and ride. Huge amounts of staff use it.
New village to be built on 19:03 - Feb 16 with 4676 viewsDyfnant

New village to be built on 12:30 - Feb 16 by jackson5

Hi Dyfnant
5 Stand, Temper mills , and yourself ?

V stand around 98/99, the run up to the screw upgrade, CAL CAPL before that and Effy after.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024