Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Times 10:28 - Apr 7 with 22161 viewsDr_Winston

Worth a read.

https://www.ft.com/content/d28b725e-3796-11e8-8eee-e06bde01c544

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Financial Times on 00:24 - Apr 9 with 2297 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 23:45 - Apr 8 by monmouth

Not me. I'm living the dream.

Yeehah. Bigger than DC United.

I hope it's all true. Seriously.

No, come on. You chose the paragraph so discuss it. You're not getting off that lightly.

What in your chosen paragraph, the one you chose to join in with the gloom and doom merchants here, was so wrong, or unattainable?

And anyway, again, what's up? 7 years in the EPL and a major Cup not good enough for you? Expected a bit more do you? Integrity, honour, do as I say, not as I do, respect me as I respect you...

Chat with likeminded chaps on the net, great fun kicking the boot in on the Club you are supposed to love.

And this isn't just to you but it's all a bit sad.

We'll only ever have one Club we can all follow and we've been in the top flight of English football for just around 5% of our 106 year history - 5%!!! Generations and generations never saw us there at all and what do too many of you want to do.

But keep kicking mate, you will get your wish then, I'm sure, when the old girl hits the deck, I'm sure you can look back with immense pride at the time you all became white Knight's and put yourselves on a moral pedestal high above those you scorn after.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Financial Times on 07:47 - Apr 9 with 2199 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 00:24 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

No, come on. You chose the paragraph so discuss it. You're not getting off that lightly.

What in your chosen paragraph, the one you chose to join in with the gloom and doom merchants here, was so wrong, or unattainable?

And anyway, again, what's up? 7 years in the EPL and a major Cup not good enough for you? Expected a bit more do you? Integrity, honour, do as I say, not as I do, respect me as I respect you...

Chat with likeminded chaps on the net, great fun kicking the boot in on the Club you are supposed to love.

We'll only ever have one Club we can all follow and we've been in the top flight of English football for just around 5% of our 106 year history - 5%!!! Generations and generations never saw us there at all and what do too many of you want to do.

But keep kicking mate, you will get your wish then, I'm sure, when the old girl hits the deck, I'm sure you can look back with immense pride at the time you all became white Knight's and put yourselves on a moral pedestal high above those you scorn after.

Sorry to nit pick Chris but as you always call me thick, saying I need a dunce's cap etc, a little of simple maths for you:
1912 to 2018 = 106 years
106 x 9 (expressed as a percentage) = 9.54 %
Have a good day
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 7:54]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Financial Times on 07:59 - Apr 9 with 2193 viewsSTID2017

BTW this is our club and we all want the club to succeed on and off the field.
What we do not want is to be bled dry by the Yanks (who have not invested any real money) and mis-managed by that clown Jenkins.
To ask the question that was asked of the Romans in Monty Python:
What have the Yanks (truly) ever done for us (actually using their own money, not cash generated from sale of players, etc) ?

Financial Times on 08:29 - Apr 9 with 2184 viewsmonmouth

Financial Times on 00:24 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

I've heard it all before Chris, and so have you from owners that say the right thing while pursuing their own ends. I simply don't believe they have any intention of doing what he says. I have also worked with american companies that have promised the earth while cutting companies to the core and selling on. Or maybe in his vision they do really believe it, but when it comes to the crunch the mission is to make money for the investors and I believe the strategy to be a short term flip. I wasn't joining in with the doom and gloom by the way as I'd rather a live within our means strategy anyway, as I said, and if they can maximise our position, within that, then great.

I have just been too many times around the block with these kind of people to believe any of their guff. He will say whatever he has to to make himself look good, as will Levien. We'll see though, my last line was sincere, maybe they will buck the trend.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Financial Times on 10:17 - Apr 9 with 2132 viewsQJumpingJack

There didn't seem to be much focus on Levien.

Quite staggering that Jenkins was not given any acknowledgment. Perhaps Pearlman is being set for the big gig.
Financial Times on 10:39 - Apr 9 with 2119 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 08:29 - Apr 9 by monmouth

I've heard it all before Chris, and so have you from owners that say the right thing while pursuing their own ends. I simply don't believe they have any intention of doing what he says. I have also worked with american companies that have promised the earth while cutting companies to the core and selling on. Or maybe in his vision they do really believe it, but when it comes to the crunch the mission is to make money for the investors and I believe the strategy to be a short term flip. I wasn't joining in with the doom and gloom by the way as I'd rather a live within our means strategy anyway, as I said, and if they can maximise our position, within that, then great.

I have just been too many times around the block with these kind of people to believe any of their guff. He will say whatever he has to to make himself look good, as will Levien. We'll see though, my last line was sincere, maybe they will buck the trend.

OK so let's look at what you say in more detail is it?

You've heard it before? From who exactly? Have you heard it from our owners specifically?

You've worked with American Companies before you say, but have you worked with every single American Company trading today? No, of course you haven't, but you choose automatically to be gloomy and negative and why, because that's the flavour of the month around here.

Imagine a similar approach and you get tarred with the same brush as a lot of other mug posters on this site.... I could say exactly the same thing, ah, they're all the same, seen it before, I know it all....

You don't.

And this isn't me being naive enough to think they will deliver on all their promises, of course not, I'm not stupid, but I'm willing to give them a chance because giving them a chance gives the Swans a chance

You choose to come onto this thread with shit like that mate, it's not going to help is it

We've got a massive game Saturday so what is the point eh?

Get behind the Club FFS until a time we know for sure it needs a change.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Financial Times on 10:59 - Apr 9 with 2093 viewsSTID2017

Financial Times on 10:39 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

You've heard it before? From who exactly? Have you heard it from our owners specifically?

You've worked with American Companies before you say, but have you worked with every single American Company trading today? No, of course you haven't, but you choose automatically to be gloomy and negative and why, because that's the flavour of the month around here.

Imagine a similar approach and you get tarred with the same brush as a lot of other mug posters on this site.... I could say exactly the same thing, ah, they're all the same, seen it before, I know it all....

You don't.

And this isn't me being naive enough to think they will deliver on all their promises, of course not, I'm not stupid, but I'm willing to give them a chance because giving them a chance gives the Swans a chance

You choose to come onto this thread with shit like that mate, it's not going to help is it

You mix getting behind the team up with getting behind the club.
We are all behind the team 100%.
However the Yanks are no different to Silvershield / 9th Floor / Tony Petty and any of the others who are full of promises but it's all bluster.
That is what he means by "We've heard it all before " - from other backers

Financial Times on 11:49 - Apr 9 with 2064 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 10:59 - Apr 9 by STID2017

You mix getting behind the team up with getting behind the club.
We are all behind the team 100%.
However the Yanks are no different to Silvershield / 9th Floor / Tony Petty and any of the others who are full of promises but it's all bluster.
That is what he means by "We've heard it all before " - from other backers

Respectfully can you just stop following me around like some love struck teenager.

I'm sure you're getting on everyone else's nerves and not just my own.

There's a huge difference between the Americans and the other sheister's you mention, the fact you can't see it says it all about you.

Now fack off.

Login to get fewer ads

Financial Times on 12:13 - Apr 9 with 2049 viewsLeonWasGod

Financial Times on 20:43 - Apr 8 by TheResurrection

So who misrepresented the facts then? The journalist? Because the Americans didn't write it.

And anyway, it hasn't. It just said prior to the construction, it didn't say immediately before.

Swans fans - THE worst!!!

"The US owners say this is evidence of how they are investing in the club".

Somewhat misleading, no? Look it's a puff peace to make them look good, no more no less. Most see through some of the bland statements in it. If you want to believe we'll transform the club through marketing strategies for shirt sales, increasing our commercial income and adding a few thousand to the stadium, that's fine. But it's already been pointed out that even if we increased commercial revenue by 50% the total revenue still wouldn't be enough to pay for one Sam Clucas. All of these things would be nice of course, but it's not what's going to grow the club significantly. And it's meaningless if we take our eye off the sqaud.

Staying in the PL, trying to finish up the table and winning things are what will attract money, sponsors, fans more than anything else. Just the prize money alone: the difference between just surviving (17th) and our highest finish (8th) is £21m. That's not going to be matched by increases in commercial revenue or gate receipts any time soon.

I don't think most of us are entitled. We remember where we have come from and remember standing or sitting in the pissing rain watching us play the likes of Yeovil or Southend. This run has been fantastic, for the fans, the club, the City. But we've only finished outside of the top 12 once in six seasons. Nothing wrong with wanting the club to do all they can to continue that kind of run, rather than worrying about a marketing campaign for a shirt (I wonder what impact that had on sales).
Financial Times on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 2037 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:13 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

"The US owners say this is evidence of how they are investing in the club".

Somewhat misleading, no? Look it's a puff peace to make them look good, no more no less. Most see through some of the bland statements in it. If you want to believe we'll transform the club through marketing strategies for shirt sales, increasing our commercial income and adding a few thousand to the stadium, that's fine. But it's already been pointed out that even if we increased commercial revenue by 50% the total revenue still wouldn't be enough to pay for one Sam Clucas. All of these things would be nice of course, but it's not what's going to grow the club significantly. And it's meaningless if we take our eye off the sqaud.

Staying in the PL, trying to finish up the table and winning things are what will attract money, sponsors, fans more than anything else. Just the prize money alone: the difference between just surviving (17th) and our highest finish (8th) is £21m. That's not going to be matched by increases in commercial revenue or gate receipts any time soon.

I don't think most of us are entitled. We remember where we have come from and remember standing or sitting in the pissing rain watching us play the likes of Yeovil or Southend. This run has been fantastic, for the fans, the club, the City. But we've only finished outside of the top 12 once in six seasons. Nothing wrong with wanting the club to do all they can to continue that kind of run, rather than worrying about a marketing campaign for a shirt (I wonder what impact that had on sales).

Shit, negative post

They.... "THEY", as in the CLUB have invested £5M into the training ground since they've been here

They have a right to say that. You are just someone who pumps zero into the Club sniping from afar. Bravo, mate, bra facking vo.

Financial Times on 12:39 - Apr 9 with 2022 viewsmonmouth

Financial Times on 10:39 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

You don't.

I am only actually interested in the games now, and in getting over the line this season - and a bit in the Trust board not being a bag of total shit and actually serving the best interests of the fans not themselves. Although I've just about given up on the latter.

The ownership is what it is, so if they do a good job great. I'm just very sceptical about american hype and self publicity, I cant help it, it's been wired into my hard code over the years. I could be wrong or right, but it doesn't make any difference one way or the other. They'll do what they'll do. If they do what he was professing whilst retaining financial stability, they'll be remembered as heroes. Then it's win win and I'll buy you a pint! Maybe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Financial Times on 12:42 - Apr 9 with 2019 viewsvetchonian

Financial Times on 12:30 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

Shit, negative post

They.... "THEY", as in the CLUB have invested £5M into the training ground since they've been here

They have a right to say that. You are just someone who pumps zero into the Club sniping from afar. Bravo, mate, bra facking vo.

So the Yanks have put £5M of "their" money ie new monies in to fund this "investment" or is it the "investment" of £5M of the clubs money?

Remember this sale was to take us to the next level as the existing sharehlders lacked the financial backing to support future growth....so far it soe not appear any new monies have come into the club.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Financial Times on 12:44 - Apr 9 with 2015 viewsShaky

Financial Times on 21:31 - Apr 8 by Banosswan

As much as the res likes to twist things to his agenda, I feel on this occasion it was the journalist being wrong/duplicitous.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 21:32]

I like you Bannos, but on this occasion I think you're wrong.

I have friends who are journalists at the FT and they understand that credibility is their brand.

Of course this particular journo may have got the wrong end of the stick, but I very much doubt it.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Financial Times on 12:45 - Apr 9 with 2014 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:39 - Apr 9 by monmouth

I am only actually interested in the games now, and in getting over the line this season - and a bit in the Trust board not being a bag of total shit and actually serving the best interests of the fans not themselves. Although I've just about given up on the latter.

The ownership is what it is, so if they do a good job great. I'm just very sceptical about american hype and self publicity, I cant help it, it's been wired into my hard code over the years. I could be wrong or right, but it doesn't make any difference one way or the other. They'll do what they'll do. If they do what he was professing whilst retaining financial stability, they'll be remembered as heroes. Then it's win win and I'll buy you a pint! Maybe.

I'm not saying they'll deliver all their promises and I'm sceptical as well, same as the next man.

But chipping away with negative comments constantly, and this isn't just you, it's a lot of fans, well that's only going to end one way, and that way is down.

Let's just see what happens..

Financial Times on 12:49 - Apr 9 with 2004 viewsShaky

Financial Times on 12:42 - Apr 9 by vetchonian

So the Yanks have put £5M of "their" money ie new monies in to fund this "investment" or is it the "investment" of £5M of the clubs money?

Remember this sale was to take us to the next level as the existing sharehlders lacked the financial backing to support future growth....so far it soe not appear any new monies have come into the club.

Kaplan's consortium bought closed the deal to buy into the club at the end of July 2016. The latest phase of the Fairwood development was unveiled to journalists at the end of January 2017.

Anybody who thinks that Kaplan entered the board room, hung up is jacket, drew up a plan for the construction, approved the investment budget, then executed that plan in 6 months is an idiot. Just like the Saviour.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Financial Times on 12:50 - Apr 9 with 2000 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:42 - Apr 9 by vetchonian

Can you read? Serious question?

It's their club by the way.

And, nobody should want them to put any more money in. Why can't idiots understand that.

Financial Times on 12:53 - Apr 9 with 1992 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:49 - Apr 9 by Shaky

Kaplan's consortium bought closed the deal to buy into the club at the end of July 2016. The latest phase of the Fairwood development was unveiled to journalists at the end of January 2017.

Anybody who thinks that Kaplan entered the board room, hung up is jacket, drew up a plan for the construction, approved the investment budget, then executed that plan in 6 months is an idiot. Just like the Saviour.

It's the Club's money, it's their money, it's their vision the training facilities are of the highest quality. The Americans have been in town long before that and would know full well where the money is and what it's going on.

Bore off you fraud

Financial Times on 12:54 - Apr 9 with 1989 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:44 - Apr 9 by Shaky

I like you Bannos, but on this occasion I think you're wrong.

I have friends who are journalists at the FT and they understand that credibility is their brand.

Of course this particular journo may have got the wrong end of the stick, but I very much doubt it.

You have friends??? 😂😂😂😂😂

You're a nobody bothering yourself where it's not wanted.

Financial Times on 12:57 - Apr 9 with 1982 viewsLeonWasGod

Financial Times on 12:30 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

Shit, negative post

"pumps zero into the club sniping from afar"

You're a right beaut, you really are. Don't ever change - it's comedy gold.
Financial Times on 12:58 - Apr 9 with 1979 viewsShaky

Financial Times on 12:53 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

It's the Club's money, it's their money, it's their vision the training facilities are of the highest quality. The Americans have been in town long before that and would know full well where the money is and what it's going on.

Bore off you fraud

According to the FT Kaplan was claiming credit for an investment project quite clearly planned, approved and started well before he entered the building.

That's a fact.

Could the FT reporting be wrong? Sure. But that's conjecture, which runs wildly and directly counter to the balance of probabilities. Pretty much like everything you pull out of your or Dim's arse.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Financial Times on 13:16 - Apr 9 with 1954 viewsvetchonian

Financial Times on 12:50 - Apr 9 by TheResurrection

Can you read? Serious question?

It's their club by the way.

And, nobody should want them to put any more money in. Why can't idiots understand that.

Yet again nthe play ground bully is at it

Using bluster,insults whilst ignotring true facts

Yes I can read!

Lets get it straight the Yanks have put zero funds into the club.....just £68M into the pockets of the so called protectors of the club.

Most are emotive as just like Roberto who "would have to be sacked as a manager as he was a player" but then jumped ship our "saviours" aqnd archtiects of our rise for which I am appreciative sold out to persons who care nothing for the soul of our club despite their talk of never allowing a Petty situation to happen again. The article makes out the Yanks are investing....and yes the club whihc they own is investing but hey ho we have done that with the creation of Landore and then Fairwood ...the Yanks are not putting any moinies in.
As to why idiots cant understand this.......the sale was about extra investmentie the increasing of the clubs pot of monies avilable to strengthen and allow us to compete in the transfer market etc. What is different now?
All the Yanks have done is to recruit a "smart" commercial guy (Pearlman) who is cuter than our previous set up. Maybe the old shareholders could/should have employed someone of his ilk rather than selling out?
In essence in terms of investment nothing has changed....the "clout" the consortium has does seem to allow for higher borrowing facilities whihc in itself can be a negative thing.

Personally like Monnie Im more concerned now with the on pitch.....I am resigned to the fact that we as fans have lost the special thing we had...but I am fed up with pwersons defending the sell outs and trying to put positive spin on what is a fairy stroy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Financial Times on 13:21 - Apr 9 with 1945 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:57 - Apr 9 by LeonWasGod

"pumps zero into the club sniping from afar"

You're a right beaut, you really are. Don't ever change - it's comedy gold.

Where do you live? How much was your season ticket!

Financial Times on 13:22 - Apr 9 with 1943 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 12:58 - Apr 9 by Shaky

According to the FT Kaplan was claiming credit for an investment project quite clearly planned, approved and started well before he entered the building.

That's a fact.

Could the FT reporting be wrong? Sure. But that's conjecture, which runs wildly and directly counter to the balance of probabilities. Pretty much like everything you pull out of your or Dim's arse.

Has the Club spent any money from its budget since they've been in charge?

Yes.

Now fack off back to Aarhus.

Financial Times on 13:30 - Apr 9 with 1922 viewsTheResurrection

Financial Times on 13:16 - Apr 9 by vetchonian

Yet again nthe play ground bully is at it

Using bluster,insults whilst ignotring true facts

Yes I can read!

Lets get it straight the Yanks have put zero funds into the club.....just £68M into the pockets of the so called protectors of the club.

Most are emotive as just like Roberto who "would have to be sacked as a manager as he was a player" but then jumped ship our "saviours" aqnd archtiects of our rise for which I am appreciative sold out to persons who care nothing for the soul of our club despite their talk of never allowing a Petty situation to happen again. The article makes out the Yanks are investing....and yes the club whihc they own is investing but hey ho we have done that with the creation of Landore and then Fairwood ...the Yanks are not putting any moinies in.
As to why idiots cant understand this.......the sale was about extra investmentie the increasing of the clubs pot of monies avilable to strengthen and allow us to compete in the transfer market etc. What is different now?
All the Yanks have done is to recruit a "smart" commercial guy (Pearlman) who is cuter than our previous set up. Maybe the old shareholders could/should have employed someone of his ilk rather than selling out?
In essence in terms of investment nothing has changed....the "clout" the consortium has does seem to allow for higher borrowing facilities whihc in itself can be a negative thing.

Personally like Monnie Im more concerned now with the on pitch.....I am resigned to the fact that we as fans have lost the special thing we had...but I am fed up with pwersons defending the sell outs and trying to put positive spin on what is a fairy stroy

Sorry but you've just reiterated that in fact, you can't read

The article does not make out they are investing but even so, they are. You are right about the share sale, can't believe you had to mention it again though,maybe you think we're all of a similar intelligence to you and Sexually Transmitted Diseases or whatever he's called ... What they do now has a direct affect on their investment. And their investment is our investment. So take your time with that one.

And the sale was never about some sugar daddy pumping millions in and leaving the club totally in the hands of said person, beholden completely on their every whim. The sale was about growing the Club from within and doing it the right way.

There's nothing wrong with that. The only thing wrong here is grubby, greedy little fans like you wanting multi million pound star players brought for us just for the sake of it.

Bless you...

Financial Times on 13:33 - Apr 9 with 1911 viewsfbreath

What is Levien and his side kick trading history like with other sports clubs and business they have owned/been involved in.

A leopard never changes its spots allegedly.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024