Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Alfie Evans 12:40 - Apr 25 with 6282 viewsmagicdaps10

Such a sad story and really does open your eyes to things in the world. Cant even imagine how the parents are feeling but rightly or wrongly are fighting hard for their son.

Lets hope for a miracle here.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2018 8:23]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Alfie Evans on 09:58 - Apr 26 with 2933 viewsbluey_the_blue

Alfie Evans on 19:05 - Apr 25 by Dippy

rare undiagnosed degenerative neurological condition.

His brain is still in the developmental stage..

His progress is in nature's hands.. he'll either recover functioning or not..

But as the experts who look at this everyday say.. the chances of recovery to normality are slim..

Are they going to keep Alfie alive, on a 1-5% hope that he recovers 'some' normality.. he could die within a few months, due to his lack of development.

But it's happened before.. children like Alfie have managed to pull through..

But Dr's do put "rare" and a low percentage for a reason.

Given most of his brain has been destroyed, how exactly is it in the "developmental stage".

"Functioning"? Seriously?

Just let him die with dignity.
Alfie Evans on 10:36 - Apr 26 with 2898 viewsDarran

Alfie Evans on 09:48 - Apr 26 by Legend83

I'll ignore that pretty weak response.

Doing it "properly" appears to consist of putting Alfie back on life support and artificially extending his life - to what end? All while potentially causing him more suffering while in transit.

It's an awful awful situation but surely it has to be questioned whether this is in the interest of the child - which trump the interests of the parents.

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Alfie Evans on 12:21 - Apr 26 with 2838 viewsEbo

I've been reading a lot about this lately. The one thing that really disgusts me in all this is the media circling like vultures, waiting for their story and whipping up a frenzy, then there is the intimidation of medical staff from joe public who think that they are the real 'experts'.

As Lisa said above, the Italian hospital would do no different to what our world class doctors and nurses have done for the past 18 months. Let the little boy be in peace and comfort and looked after by our own wonderful medical staff.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Alfie Evans on 12:28 - Apr 26 with 2822 viewsAmbergambler

Alfie Evans on 12:21 - Apr 26 by Ebo

I've been reading a lot about this lately. The one thing that really disgusts me in all this is the media circling like vultures, waiting for their story and whipping up a frenzy, then there is the intimidation of medical staff from joe public who think that they are the real 'experts'.

As Lisa said above, the Italian hospital would do no different to what our world class doctors and nurses have done for the past 18 months. Let the little boy be in peace and comfort and looked after by our own wonderful medical staff.

Exactly.
Alfie Evans on 12:33 - Apr 26 with 2816 viewsDarran

Alfie Evans on 12:21 - Apr 26 by Ebo

Well yes I agree but the press weren’t like that in the Charlie Gard case and perhaps there’s a reason for that.

Alfie Evans on 13:01 - Apr 26 with 2802 viewsDarran

Alfie Evans on 12:33 - Apr 26 by Darran

Well yes I agree but the press weren’t like that in the Charlie Gard case and perhaps there’s a reason for that.

This might help.

Alfie Evans on 13:38 - Apr 26 with 2785 viewstheloneranger

The views of a lady who is both a mother and an intensive care doctor

A very sad and honest interview

"As an intensive care doctor and a mother whose own baby son was critically ill, the Alfie Evans case makes me angry"

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/alfie-evans-doctor-intensive-care-life-supp
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 13:41]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alfie Evans on 13:46 - Apr 26 with 2763 viewsLegend83

Alfie Evans on 13:38 - Apr 26 by theloneranger

The views of a lady who is both a mother and an intensive care doctor

A very sad and honest interview

"As an intensive care doctor and a mother whose own baby son was critically ill, the Alfie Evans case makes me angry"

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/alfie-evans-doctor-intensive-care-life-supp
[Post edited 26 Apr 2018 13:41]

Can't put it any better than that really.
Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Evans on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 2745 viewsLegend83

So now we have crazies in Poland starting vigils outside the British Embassy with one woman apparently comparing the court decision to death condemnation at Auschwitz!

The world has gone mad.
Alfie Evans on 14:13 - Apr 26 with 2729 viewsAmbergambler

Alfie Evans on 13:56 - Apr 26 by Legend83

So now we have crazies in Poland starting vigils outside the British Embassy with one woman apparently comparing the court decision to death condemnation at Auschwitz!

The world has gone mad.

The rent-a-mob loonies are in every country I guess.
Alfie Evans on 14:36 - Apr 26 with 2706 viewslondonlisa2001

Never ones to pass up the opportunity to capitalise on horrific situations, I see the NRA have weighed in with their usual vitriol and stupidity.

Rather than broadcast the views of the uninformed and politically motivated, I'd rather share the article below from someone that actually has a clue.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/26/nhs-palliative-care-alfie-
Alfie Evans on 16:16 - Apr 26 with 2662 viewstheloneranger

Alfie Evans on 14:36 - Apr 26 by londonlisa2001

Never ones to pass up the opportunity to capitalise on horrific situations, I see the NRA have weighed in with their usual vitriol and stupidity.

Rather than broadcast the views of the uninformed and politically motivated, I'd rather share the article below from someone that actually has a clue.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/26/nhs-palliative-care-alfie-

I can't believe that Alder Hey hospital was on lockdown last night, for fear of an attack from "Alfie's Army".

These people in this so called army are preying on the parent's grief, and will soon move on when the time comes to another grief stricken family!!

What happens if Alfie is allowed home, how is the family going to cope with that rabble outside their home??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alfie Evans on 20:05 - Apr 26 with 2568 viewsDippy

Alfie Evans on 09:58 - Apr 26 by bluey_the_blue

Given most of his brain has been destroyed, how exactly is it in the "developmental stage".

"Functioning"? Seriously?

Just let him die with dignity.

I don't know mate.. maybe, just maybe.. that.. he's an actual baby.. you know.. fresh out of the womb..

Some pearlers in this world..

I can't walk outside anymore.. the experts, the educated..

Poll: Cooper Out

Alfie Evans on 20:33 - Apr 26 with 2543 viewsWarwickHunt

Alfie Evans on 20:05 - Apr 26 by Dippy

I don't know mate.. maybe, just maybe.. that.. he's an actual baby.. you know.. fresh out of the womb..

...the straitjacket, the leg-irons...
Alfie Evans on 20:54 - Apr 26 with 2518 viewsbluey_the_blue

Nearly two years old... not fresh out of womb...

Never mind no quality of life.

Terminally ill pets get treated better.
Alfie Evans on 20:54 - Apr 26 with 2515 viewsDippy

Alfie Evans on 20:54 - Apr 26 by bluey_the_blue

Nearly two years old... not fresh out of womb...

Never mind no quality of life.

Terminally ill pets get treated better.

Seek help.. jesus.

Alfie Evans on 21:22 - Apr 26 with 2497 viewsDJack

Alfie Evans on 20:54 - Apr 26 by Dippy

Seek help.. jesus.

***IRONY ALERT***

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Alfie Evans on 09:56 - Apr 27 with 2412 viewsLegend83

You do realise he is 2 years old so not "fresh out the womb"?
Alfie Evans on 15:41 - Apr 27 with 2353 viewsDippy

Alfie Evans on 09:56 - Apr 27 by Legend83

You do realise he is 2 years old so not "fresh out the womb"?

Go to the Dr's if you want.. he'll simply state Alfie is in the developmental stage.. he'll then probably refer you to a psychological team, who can guide you back to sanity

RIP Alfie Evans on 08:24 - Apr 28 with 2297 viewsmagicdaps10

Passed away this morning.

RIP.

RIP Alfie Evans on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 2250 viewsSTID2017

RIP Alfie.
Just want to say that they do a wonderful job at Alder Hey.
Some people calling the doctors and nurses "murderers" have no idea how caring tge staff are and how much the families appreciate them.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

RIP Alfie Evans on 10:19 - Apr 28 with 2207 viewsswanforthemoney

The Dad is suing God for not performing a miracle.

I stand in the North Stand

RIP Alfie Evans on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 2202 viewsSTID2017

RIP Alfie Evans on 10:19 - Apr 28 by swanforthemoney

The Dad is suing God for not performing a miracle.

You can't blame the parents for trying to do what they can for their son - I'd move heaven and earth to save my family.
Don't think it was handled the right way though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

RIP Alfie Evans on 10:31 - Apr 28 with 2192 viewsmagicdaps10

It did get out of hand at times but lets not forget that they were desperate.

A part of their lives have gone and there will forever be a big hole and there will be many struggles ahead for them.

RIP ALFIE.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024