Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incident in High Street tonight 21:05 - Apr 30 with 10363 viewsSwanjaxs

High Street closed off tonight, reports suggest somebody has jumped off a building, awful news 😕

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:20 - Apr 30 with 5173 viewsPrivate_Partz

Very sad if true. There are so many desperate people about at the moment :-(

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:32 - Apr 30 with 5134 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:20 - Apr 30 by Private_Partz

Very sad if true. There are so many desperate people about at the moment :-(

Innit. Dreadful and it's very sad that some people feel the need to take their own lives.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 5051 viewsPrivate_Partz

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:32 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Innit. Dreadful and it's very sad that some people feel the need to take their own lives.

I went to a funeral the other day where a young Mental Health nurse had taken her own life leaving two young children. Bloody devastating.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Incident in High Street tonight on 22:09 - Apr 30 with 4990 viewsSwanjaxs

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:56 - Apr 30 by Private_Partz

I went to a funeral the other day where a young Mental Health nurse had taken her own life leaving two young children. Bloody devastating.

Some will say brave, some say selfish, and i hope I'm never in that dark place... think what the two you ones are going through, awful
[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 22:12]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Incident in High Street tonight on 22:45 - Apr 30 with 4878 viewsPrivate_Partz

Incident in High Street tonight on 22:09 - Apr 30 by Swanjaxs

Some will say brave, some say selfish, and i hope I'm never in that dark place... think what the two you ones are going through, awful
[Post edited 30 Apr 2018 22:12]

indeed mate. The whole thing was way beyond sad.

Incident in High Street tonight on 22:47 - Apr 30 with 4871 viewsSwanzay

Incident in High Street tonight on 21:56 - Apr 30 by Private_Partz

Yes, I have a friend who worked with her, tragic events!
So very sad RIP!
Incident in High Street tonight on 01:27 - May 1 with 4740 viewsjackal

Incident in High Street tonight on 22:47 - Apr 30 by Swanzay

Yes, I have a friend who worked with her, tragic events!
So very sad RIP!

My daughter worked with her, trained with her and went to the funeral too.

She was greatly upset when she heard. So many lives are affected.
[Post edited 1 May 2018 8:36]
Incident in High Street tonight on 07:52 - May 1 with 4578 viewsmajorraglan

From my experiences the Mental Health Services are the poor relations of the NHS and under huge pressure. Vulnerable people are being let down.
Login to get fewer ads

Incident in High Street tonight on 08:20 - May 1 with 4541 viewsswan65split

Incident in High Street tonight on 07:52 - May 1 by majorraglan

From my experiences the Mental Health Services are the poor relations of the NHS and under huge pressure. Vulnerable people are being let down.

Correct. services in the last 5 or so years have been hit badly, despite the claims from the Gov they are trying do do more.
Incident in High Street tonight on 08:50 - May 1 with 4500 viewsSTID2017

Indeed.
Try getting a referral for your child to CAHMS or for almost any type of therapy.
It's a long wait, if you get it at all.
Same, if not worse, with Adult Services.
Both are so badly underfunded.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Incident in High Street tonight on 09:13 - May 1 with 4468 viewsmajorraglan

Incident in High Street tonight on 08:50 - May 1 by STID2017

Indeed.
Try getting a referral for your child to CAHMS or for almost any type of therapy.
It's a long wait, if you get it at all.
Same, if not worse, with Adult Services.
Both are so badly underfunded.

CAHMS, one of the worse organisations I have ever dealt with.
Incident in High Street tonight on 11:59 - May 1 with 4363 viewsAmbergambler

If you are seriously mentally ill in this area they put you in Cefn Coed, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

The place should have been razed to the ground decades ago. It is unfit for purpose and a disgrace that it's still in use.

Mental illness is every bit as serious as physical illness, for which, in this area we have 2 very good hospitals, Morriston and Singleton. What are the mentally ill given - Cefn Coed.

Experiencing serious mental illness is horrendous and seeing a loved one suffer with it is heart breaking. Seeing them in that awful place makes you despair.

It still stands on the hill like a ghastly monument, and a constant reminder of the failings of the NHS to provide adequately for the needs of the mentally ill.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here" should be inscribed above the entrance.
Incident in High Street tonight on 12:53 - May 1 with 4302 viewsjackal

Incident in High Street tonight on 11:59 - May 1 by Ambergambler

If you are seriously mentally ill in this area they put you in Cefn Coed, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

The place should have been razed to the ground decades ago. It is unfit for purpose and a disgrace that it's still in use.

Mental illness is every bit as serious as physical illness, for which, in this area we have 2 very good hospitals, Morriston and Singleton. What are the mentally ill given - Cefn Coed.

Experiencing serious mental illness is horrendous and seeing a loved one suffer with it is heart breaking. Seeing them in that awful place makes you despair.

It still stands on the hill like a ghastly monument, and a constant reminder of the failings of the NHS to provide adequately for the needs of the mentally ill.

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here" should be inscribed above the entrance.

The staff there do a very difficult job under very trying circumstances.

I certainly couldn't do it.
Incident in High Street tonight on 13:01 - May 1 with 4271 viewsAmbergambler

Incident in High Street tonight on 12:53 - May 1 by jackal

The staff there do a very difficult job under very trying circumstances.

I certainly couldn't do it.

They do and they must despair at the state of the place too.
Incident in High Street tonight on 00:55 - May 2 with 3961 viewsDippy

The fact is.. the majority of people who are mentally ill are drug addicts, alcholics.. who are effectively brain damaged.. this is over a 20 or 30 year span of excessive use..

90% of the population consume alcohol.
25% of the population are on some kind of non-prescription drug.

Poll: Cooper Out

Incident in High Street tonight on 06:56 - May 2 with 3879 viewsSTID2017

Incident in High Street tonight on 00:55 - May 2 by Dippy

The fact is.. the majority of people who are mentally ill are drug addicts, alcholics.. who are effectively brain damaged.. this is over a 20 or 30 year span of excessive use..

90% of the population consume alcohol.
25% of the population are on some kind of non-prescription drug.

Is that an opinion or can you back that up with facts?
Because in a straw poll of people I know that have had to seek help with mental proplems either as outpatients or inpatients, out of eight only one was addicted to drugs and / or drink.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Incident in High Street tonight on 07:20 - May 2 with 3855 viewsdickythorpe

It amazes me the amount of people who are "woe is me" these days. Only in their teens and early 20's were some of these popping E's like smarties....the warnings of how you'd be in later life were no mystery!!!!!
Maybe some of these sufferers should go to schools etc and give talks to show them "don't turn out like me"

And I include myself as a binge drinker, before any of you say what a heartless Kent I sound.
Incident in High Street tonight on 07:55 - May 2 with 3822 viewsNeath_Jack

Incident in High Street tonight on 07:20 - May 2 by dickythorpe

It amazes me the amount of people who are "woe is me" these days. Only in their teens and early 20's were some of these popping E's like smarties....the warnings of how you'd be in later life were no mystery!!!!!
Maybe some of these sufferers should go to schools etc and give talks to show them "don't turn out like me"

And I include myself as a binge drinker, before any of you say what a heartless Kent I sound.

Extremely ignorant attitude that Dicky.

Do you realise that young children are affected by this terrible illness?

When you hear of someone suffering with cancer, do you say to them they shouldn’t have smoked, worked in toxic environments etc? No of course you don’t, you’re sympathetic to them.

Educate yourself.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 8:09]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Incident in High Street tonight on 08:17 - May 2 with 3783 viewsdickythorpe

Educate yourself as well then Neath jack, many moaners out there have only themselves to blame.
Don't even begin to talk cancer to me mate.
Incident in High Street tonight on 08:38 - May 2 with 3756 viewsNeath_Jack

Incident in High Street tonight on 08:17 - May 2 by dickythorpe

Educate yourself as well then Neath jack, many moaners out there have only themselves to blame.
Don't even begin to talk cancer to me mate.

I’m very well educated in it.

So cancer is off limits, but those suffering with mental ill health are fair game? I’m genuinely interested in how you think like that?

This is why there is still a massive stigma attached to mental health.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Incident in High Street tonight on 09:55 - May 2 with 3694 viewsdickythorpe

Yes let's keep cancer way off limits.

Of course there's a stigma attached to mental health, I work with people who genuinely struggle but by Christ there's some who don't half make lives hard for themselves.
What are,we as society supposed to do? Stop our lives to help those that make poor judgements? Government funding being slashed left, right and centre, overworked and underpaid carers etc

I'm not perfect, I'm not an expert I will freely admit that.

But who is?

Couldn't we all just walk away from.our lives claiming it's too much?

What about our forefathers in this great city of ours?
Bombed out of their houses, many left dead......did they sign on the sick?
Generations later there are many who claim they are Swansea through and through but they can't even tell you what year how.city was blitzed.

We have had it very easy, years ago if you were in debt you went to jail or went bust - ruined!!!
Nowadays it's almost applauded to be a failure!!!!

Hey I could go on but I'm ignorant aren't I?
Incident in High Street tonight on 10:05 - May 2 with 3680 viewsBLAZE

Yes you are. Stop digging for god's sake.

For what it's worth I've never touched drugs and can count on my hands the times I've even had a drink.

I've thought about turning to drugs though on more than one occasion. Anything to escape the mental anguish I've been wrapped up in. I can completely see why others may turn to drink and drugs if in a similar situation. Thankfully I have a supportive family and have been well looked after by the NHS. Not everyone can say that though and are left to their own devices. God knows where I'd be if that was me - not around possibly.
Incident in High Street tonight on 10:25 - May 2 with 3631 viewsDarran

I was telling my wife about this incident yesterday.
She said “there’s probably a full moon you get things like this every time there’s a full moon.”

I looked it up,there was. 😮

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Incident in High Street tonight on 10:34 - May 2 with 3610 viewsDippy

Incident in High Street tonight on 09:55 - May 2 by dickythorpe

Yes let's keep cancer way off limits.

Of course there's a stigma attached to mental health, I work with people who genuinely struggle but by Christ there's some who don't half make lives hard for themselves.
What are,we as society supposed to do? Stop our lives to help those that make poor judgements? Government funding being slashed left, right and centre, overworked and underpaid carers etc

I'm not perfect, I'm not an expert I will freely admit that.

But who is?

Couldn't we all just walk away from.our lives claiming it's too much?

What about our forefathers in this great city of ours?
Bombed out of their houses, many left dead......did they sign on the sick?
Generations later there are many who claim they are Swansea through and through but they can't even tell you what year how.city was blitzed.

We have had it very easy, years ago if you were in debt you went to jail or went bust - ruined!!!
Nowadays it's almost applauded to be a failure!!!!

Hey I could go on but I'm ignorant aren't I?

You are a bit ignorant.. but I won't take offence..

If you go to a pub and you're a fresh faced youngster with half a brain.. you can tell the majority of 40+ year olds are f*cked.. and if you'd ask them, they'd probably say they're f*cked themselves.

When they get to this age.. they realise they're old as f*ck.. it's like mid-life crisis stage.

Just sitting here and reading your posts is enough.. it's like you all get desperate and rather snappy..

It's like "I've lived longer than you youngsters, I am an invincible god" type attitude.. and sometimes we just stare, and wonder what he's going on about..

I think it's the desperation to become young again.. you all have acceptance issues, that you're getting old..

Ask the pensioners.. it's about acceptance, and if you can't accept it, you'll get miserable and snappy.. I've seen it at first hand how snappy you can be.

You might hate me because I'm younger, but I'll get old an all..

Poll: Cooper Out

Incident in High Street tonight on 11:04 - May 2 with 3574 viewsAmbergambler

Incident in High Street tonight on 10:25 - May 2 by Darran

I was telling my wife about this incident yesterday.
She said “there’s probably a full moon you get things like this every time there’s a full moon.”

I looked it up,there was. 😮

Sadly, you 'get things like this' every day, whatever the phase of the moon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024