Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Tammy on loan again? 08:50 - May 10 with 11356 viewsomarjack

If it's possible?
He was superb with Bristol. scoring +20 goals or so..and we assume he's grown as player since then.

It's just..he's kind of a Dwight Gayle or Vydra..Superb EFL player..sh!t PL one.

so what do you think?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:52 - Sep 14 with 958 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:47 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

The usual story. Striker gets played up top on his own with no service and the Planetswans tactical geniuses decide that he's no good.

We didn't see enough of Abraham in his spell here in a tediously defensive Clement team to give any kind of serious indication as to his long term ability, but that didn't stop plenty of people deciding that he was shite.

He's doing well this season. Good for him.

Absolutely right about the way we played under Clement and Carvahal, but he really didn’t help himself here either.

Playing a negative system and isolating a striker doesn’t exonerate him completely. He barely got a game second half of the season. If he’d been half decent at the time, he’d have played more games and we’d probably have stayed up.

But yes, all credit to him this season.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:55 - Sep 14 with 943 viewsDr_Winston

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:52 - Sep 14 by jack247

Absolutely right about the way we played under Clement and Carvahal, but he really didn’t help himself here either.

Playing a negative system and isolating a striker doesn’t exonerate him completely. He barely got a game second half of the season. If he’d been half decent at the time, he’d have played more games and we’d probably have stayed up.

But yes, all credit to him this season.

If he'd been half decent he'd still be playing ahead of a midfield with Ki as the main man, just as the rest of our forwards were.

Our results went to shit when Fer got injured. If we'd had any depth in midfield that enabled us to not rely on the Korean shithouse we might have survived.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:58 - Sep 14 with 939 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:55 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

If he'd been half decent he'd still be playing ahead of a midfield with Ki as the main man, just as the rest of our forwards were.

Our results went to shit when Fer got injured. If we'd had any depth in midfield that enabled us to not rely on the Korean shithouse we might have survived.

I’m not suggesting he was the only reason we got relegated. Just had we had a decent striker that season, we’d probably have survived, even with Ki behind him.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 21:37 - Sep 14 with 918 viewshobo

His hat-trick today is fantastic btw. Worth a watch on MOTD later
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 22:06 - Sep 14 with 895 viewsTNT

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:55 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

Fer was outstanding at Villa in the Cup. Couldn't / Didn't do it consistently - crap.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 22:07 - Sep 14 with 893 viewsMrSwerve

Oh Jesus Christ. Scoring more goals with the service that Chelsea are giving him is hardly a revelation.

Give him the opportunity, he will score. End of.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 23:45 - Sep 14 with 845 viewshobo

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 22:07 - Sep 14 by MrSwerve

Oh Jesus Christ. Scoring more goals with the service that Chelsea are giving him is hardly a revelation.

Give him the opportunity, he will score. End of.

Agreed. We were very lucky to have him
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 07:02 - Sep 15 with 799 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 23:45 - Sep 14 by hobo

Agreed. We were very lucky to have him

Worked out great didn’t it?
Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:21 - Sep 15 with 715 viewsBazswan

Enjoyed reading this thread back. I think it’s clear now how good he is, some saw it and others didn’t. He did fine for us however, considering the squad we had to end up settling with.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:31 - Sep 15 with 706 viewsGVJack

If he carries on this form the question is redundant. Why would Chelsea want to loan him out again?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:11 - Sep 15 with 675 viewsraynor94

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:31 - Sep 15 by GVJack

If he carries on this form the question is redundant. Why would Chelsea want to loan him out again?

Try looking at the date of the OP

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 17:25 - Sep 15 with 621 viewsMrSwerve

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:11 - Sep 15 by raynor94

Try looking at the date of the OP

Where is omarjack now? Enjoyed his posts.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 17:28 - Sep 15 with 616 views34dfgdf54

Proving me wrong.

Never thought he’d perform consistently in Premier League.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 18:09 - Sep 15 with 586 viewsBadlands

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 17:28 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

Proving me wrong.

Never thought he’d perform consistently in Premier League.

Same here - well done Tammy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 18:14 - Sep 15 with 584 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:21 - Sep 15 by Bazswan

Enjoyed reading this thread back. I think it’s clear now how good he is, some saw it and others didn’t. He did fine for us however, considering the squad we had to end up settling with.

He’s a much better player now than he was two years ago. Jordan Ayew wouldn’t keep the player he is now out of any team.

No Premier League team wanted to loan him last season, that was a direct result of the way he played for us,
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:58 - Sep 15 with 537 viewsBazswan

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 18:14 - Sep 15 by jack247

He’s a much better player now than he was two years ago. Jordan Ayew wouldn’t keep the player he is now out of any team.

No Premier League team wanted to loan him last season, that was a direct result of the way he played for us,

Not sure I would agree with that. His season last year with Villa was almost identical to the one he had for Bristol City the year before he joined us in a far less attacking side. We just never signed the players after we got him that could provide him with service. Jordan Ayew and Abraham are very different players, one had experience the other didn’t, many excellent players have been kept out of a side due to age/experience/style of play and especially when in a relegation dogfight. The only difference I see between then and now is that he has the likes of Pulisic and Mount feeding him where as we had Sam Clucas. He was feeding off scraps. Ayew brought workrate and provided an out-ball, which were the two things we needed at the time as we were no longer dominating possession and often turned into a counter attack team, a very poor one at that too.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 21:00]
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 23:29 - Sep 15 with 487 viewsSwanDownUnder

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:09 - May 10 by A_Fans_Dad

As I haven't seen his Championship goals, only thr prem ones, can you remind us again what his strengths are?
He is not good at heading in goals.
He doesn't create his own goals.
He seems to be a player that needs the ball on a plate to put it in the back of the net.
Perhaps we should buy Bristol's mid field to ensure he can do it for us.
Ollie almost matched his goal scoring rate playing for a bottom three side.

Haha
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 23:35 - Sep 15 with 482 viewsSwanDownUnder

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 18:14 - Sep 15 by jack247

clueless.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 06:14 - Sep 16 with 435 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 23:35 - Sep 15 by SwanDownUnder

clueless.

Educate me then.

Why did he end up in the Championship after a season in the Premier League with us? Why were Chelsea prepared to sell him to Wolves in January?

Or are Chelsea and all the Premier League clubs who didn’t want him on loan last season also clueless?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 06:22 - Sep 16 with 432 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 20:58 - Sep 15 by Bazswan

Not sure I would agree with that. His season last year with Villa was almost identical to the one he had for Bristol City the year before he joined us in a far less attacking side. We just never signed the players after we got him that could provide him with service. Jordan Ayew and Abraham are very different players, one had experience the other didn’t, many excellent players have been kept out of a side due to age/experience/style of play and especially when in a relegation dogfight. The only difference I see between then and now is that he has the likes of Pulisic and Mount feeding him where as we had Sam Clucas. He was feeding off scraps. Ayew brought workrate and provided an out-ball, which were the two things we needed at the time as we were no longer dominating possession and often turned into a counter attack team, a very poor one at that too.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 21:00]

That’s a fair answer.

I don’t fully buy into giving strikers free passes for woeful seasons because they’ve had to live off scraps. Sure, I’d expect him to score more at Chelsea, but I’d expect a reasonable contribution. Our poor season wasn’t completely down to Ki and Clucas.

If he’d shown up for us, he wouldn’t have been at Villa last season.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 07:43 - Sep 16 with 408 viewsBazswan

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 06:22 - Sep 16 by jack247

That’s a fair answer.

I don’t fully buy into giving strikers free passes for woeful seasons because they’ve had to live off scraps. Sure, I’d expect him to score more at Chelsea, but I’d expect a reasonable contribution. Our poor season wasn’t completely down to Ki and Clucas.

If he’d shown up for us, he wouldn’t have been at Villa last season.

We were below par all over the pitch. He isn’t a striker that will pick the ball up on the halfway and drive it forward, beat a load of players and score a belter. He’s a natural goalscorer, a predator fox in the box type. That type of striker was just completely unsuited to us with the side we ended up with. We created next to nothing. He scored 8 goals in 21 starts for us in all competitions. 5 in 15 starts in the league, it’s not fantastic granted, but far from woeful considering the side he was in. I don’t think he has improved in a solitary Championship season to be able to do what he’s doing now, he is just in a side that suits.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:42 - Sep 16 with 383 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 07:43 - Sep 16 by Bazswan

We were below par all over the pitch. He isn’t a striker that will pick the ball up on the halfway and drive it forward, beat a load of players and score a belter. He’s a natural goalscorer, a predator fox in the box type. That type of striker was just completely unsuited to us with the side we ended up with. We created next to nothing. He scored 8 goals in 21 starts for us in all competitions. 5 in 15 starts in the league, it’s not fantastic granted, but far from woeful considering the side he was in. I don’t think he has improved in a solitary Championship season to be able to do what he’s doing now, he is just in a side that suits.

I don’t disagree. He was a stupid signing based on the way we were going to play under Clement. Completely unsuited to him.

A common view on here seems to be 5 league goals all season is acceptable given those circumstances. I disagree, I think that’s overly generous.

Completely get that he’s a poacher, but let’s not pretend he didn’t have any chances created for him all season. Just my opinion, but if we’d had this seasons Tammy Abraham two years ago, we’d have stayed up comfortably.

As soon as Renato Sanches hits a purple patch, he’ll get the same treatment on here.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:06 - Sep 16 with 378 viewsBazswan

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:42 - Sep 16 by jack247

I don’t disagree. He was a stupid signing based on the way we were going to play under Clement. Completely unsuited to him.

A common view on here seems to be 5 league goals all season is acceptable given those circumstances. I disagree, I think that’s overly generous.

Completely get that he’s a poacher, but let’s not pretend he didn’t have any chances created for him all season. Just my opinion, but if we’d had this seasons Tammy Abraham two years ago, we’d have stayed up comfortably.

As soon as Renato Sanches hits a purple patch, he’ll get the same treatment on here.

I’m not sure we could ever turn down the opportunity to sign someone of his quality at such a low price in the position we were in. I am pretty sure we never intended to play the way we ended up playing as was mentioned earlier in the thread. We took Renato Sanches and Tammy early in the window, the key piece seemed to be Chadli which publicly fell through. We then reverted to type and got in Bony etc and went more target man based; so Abraham’s starting chances were limited. Scoring 5 league goals is relative to the side you are in and amount you are on the pitch, as circumstances were, the opportunity for quality service and continuity of appearances were slim to none. Had he started most of the season and had quality service then his tally would have been poor, but neither was the case.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:13 - Sep 16 with 350 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:06 - Sep 16 by Bazswan

I’m not sure we could ever turn down the opportunity to sign someone of his quality at such a low price in the position we were in. I am pretty sure we never intended to play the way we ended up playing as was mentioned earlier in the thread. We took Renato Sanches and Tammy early in the window, the key piece seemed to be Chadli which publicly fell through. We then reverted to type and got in Bony etc and went more target man based; so Abraham’s starting chances were limited. Scoring 5 league goals is relative to the side you are in and amount you are on the pitch, as circumstances were, the opportunity for quality service and continuity of appearances were slim to none. Had he started most of the season and had quality service then his tally would have been poor, but neither was the case.

Probably digressing onto the board here, but it’s hardly as if Chadli possessed a unique skill set. That transfer falls through, it wouldn’t have been overly difficult to sign that kind of player, rather than leave Tammy as a square peg. Sanches was signed on or around deadline day.

Completely agree that if he’d had Modric and Silva behind him, he’d have scored more goals. The reason he didn’t start many games second half of the season is he didn’t score many and as a poacher, didn’t bring much more than goals.

I know you haven’t made it, but I don’t buy the ‘yeah but Clucas’ argument either. It’s not as if his goals this season have all been 6 yard tap ins he just had to finish. He’s a much better striker than he was two years ago.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:28 - Sep 16 with 340 viewsBazswan

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:13 - Sep 16 by jack247

Probably digressing onto the board here, but it’s hardly as if Chadli possessed a unique skill set. That transfer falls through, it wouldn’t have been overly difficult to sign that kind of player, rather than leave Tammy as a square peg. Sanches was signed on or around deadline day.

Completely agree that if he’d had Modric and Silva behind him, he’d have scored more goals. The reason he didn’t start many games second half of the season is he didn’t score many and as a poacher, didn’t bring much more than goals.

I know you haven’t made it, but I don’t buy the ‘yeah but Clucas’ argument either. It’s not as if his goals this season have all been 6 yard tap ins he just had to finish. He’s a much better striker than he was two years ago.

Not unique, but certainly desirable, certainly in our side. Passing and creativity is Chadli’s remit, it was mid August when that fell through and not surprisingly we signed Bony 2 weeks later. Chadli was supposed to replace what we lost in Gylfi. I just don’t buy that a season in the Championship where he achieved the same as he did there last time has turned him into a super striker, why would it? He looks the same player, more confident maybe as he knows he will get more than one chance per game, taking the pressure off his opportunities. But he seems very much the same player we had, scoring similar goals as he did for us, Bristol and Villa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024