Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Financial Position? 13:42 - May 10 with 5820 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Is there someone, suitably qualified, able to give us a reliable overview of where the club is?

To save people time; here are some responses I have already thought of:

Ask Oprah
We are fooked
Ask Huw
Overdrawn
Ask 27 Yanks
We don't have any money
Ask Vincent Tan
Who cares
Etc.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 13:46]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Our Financial Position? on 13:47 - May 10 with 4221 viewsLeonWasGod

What's our financial position?

I think it's got something to do with how much money we have, or don't have.

Hope that helps

Some info here, a year behind of course -

Others will know more, and Shaky and Lisa can argue over the semantics all day long if you give them half a chance.
Our Financial Position? on 13:48 - May 10 with 4207 viewsswanjackal

I certainly hope contracts were written with relegation wage decreases.

The sad thing about it all, is it is more likely the lower level people at the club that get shafted by this, can imagine a few lay offs, whereas the actual failures continue to be compensated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Our Financial Position? on 13:52 - May 10 with 4181 viewsswanforthemoney

It doesnt save much by sacking the lower level people.
If you had 100 people in admin/manual work they might be costing, say, 30k each with on-costs. That come to 3 million quid a year.
Its the high-earners who need to be culled.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 13:53]

I stand in the North Stand

Our Financial Position? on 13:53 - May 10 with 4169 viewswaynekerr55

Our Financial Position? on 13:48 - May 10 by swanjackal

I certainly hope contracts were written with relegation wage decreases.

The sad thing about it all, is it is more likely the lower level people at the club that get shafted by this, can imagine a few lay offs, whereas the actual failures continue to be compensated.

I believe many people won't have relegation clauses. Why would Bony drop from his 100k + salary and why would Ayew take a hit on his 80k+?

[Post edited 10 May 2018 13:55]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our Financial Position? on 13:54 - May 10 with 4147 viewsBanosswan

50 pager as soon as Shaky and Lisa rock up.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Our Financial Position? on 13:57 - May 10 with 4109 viewsalibaba

Our Financial Position? on 13:53 - May 10 by waynekerr55

I believe many people won't have relegation clauses. Why would Bony drop from his 100k + salary and why would Ayew take a hit on his 80k+?

What's the source of that list? I'm pretty sure Abraham was given a £50k contract by Chelsea before he joined and we were covering 100% of that?
Our Financial Position? on 13:59 - May 10 with 4097 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Our Financial Position? on 13:57 - May 10 by alibaba

What's the source of that list? I'm pretty sure Abraham was given a £50k contract by Chelsea before he joined and we were covering 100% of that?

Why is Tammy listed as a Striker, and the other forwards listed as Forwards?

Our Financial Position? on 14:00 - May 10 with 4097 viewsswanjackal

Our Financial Position? on 13:53 - May 10 by waynekerr55

Unfortunately, I think you are right, and will be stunned if that list is accurate for the likes of Fabianski and KI being much lower than what I have heard, unless that is after tax.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Our Financial Position? on 14:02 - May 10 with 4077 viewsjasper_T

Those numbers are as made up as any others you'll see online.
Our Financial Position? on 14:15 - May 10 with 4021 viewsTreforys_Jack

It only seems like yesterday we had to sell LT10 on the eve of a new season as £1,000,000 was too good to turn down, now we have over 30 million quid worth of players playing for other clubs (or not in most cases). Who'd have thought it 15 or even 10yrs ago.
Our Financial Position? on 14:21 - May 10 with 3969 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If Bony’s wage is even half that the signing was criminally negligent given his career and injuries since he left us.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Our Financial Position? on 14:24 - May 10 with 3957 viewsbyron

Our Financial Position? on 14:00 - May 10 by swanjackal

Unfortunately, I think you are right, and will be stunned if that list is accurate for the likes of Fabianski and KI being much lower than what I have heard, unless that is after tax.

You better hope bony will agree to move on. Getting him back was a terrible decision by you lot. A main part of you’re downfall having no one to score.

Benny

Our Financial Position? on 14:27 - May 10 with 3938 viewsNookiejack

If the Yanks decide to bank the parachute money - how does the Trust stop them taking the money offshore through management fees - in contrast to paying a dividend, where at least the Trust would receive 21% of the dividends paid.
Our Financial Position? on 16:13 - May 10 with 3744 viewsKilkennyjack

Spare a thought for Falkirk.
Must be gutted.

Our MIA Academy (Missing In Action) needs to be Cat1 to produce the sum total of Connors 3.5 games as its only meaningful contribution in 7 years in the Prem. Lets be homest - by any measure, Its not good enough is it ?

Beware of the Risen People

Our Financial Position? on 16:33 - May 10 with 3677 viewsjasper_T

Our Financial Position? on 16:13 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Spare a thought for Falkirk.
Must be gutted.

Our MIA Academy (Missing In Action) needs to be Cat1 to produce the sum total of Connors 3.5 games as its only meaningful contribution in 7 years in the Prem. Lets be homest - by any measure, Its not good enough is it ?

Will you still be posting here this time next year when we've won the Championship with a record points total and 8 or 9 academy players in the matchday squad? Will you be moaning that not enough of them are local so it doesn't count?
Our Financial Position? on 16:35 - May 10 with 3667 viewsjasper_T

Falkirk closed their academy btw. We must not have been paying them enough.
Our Financial Position? on 16:44 - May 10 with 3627 viewsswanforthemoney

Our Financial Position? on 16:33 - May 10 by jasper_T

Will you still be posting here this time next year when we've won the Championship with a record points total and 8 or 9 academy players in the matchday squad? Will you be moaning that not enough of them are local so it doesn't count?

I doubt that will happen. Our academy players have tended to struggle when loaned even to League 1 and 2 clubs.
So 8 of them in a championship winning squad is implausible .

I stand in the North Stand

Our Financial Position? on 18:02 - May 10 with 3488 viewsawayjack

Our Financial Position? on 14:27 - May 10 by Nookiejack

If the Yanks decide to bank the parachute money - how does the Trust stop them taking the money offshore through management fees - in contrast to paying a dividend, where at least the Trust would receive 21% of the dividends paid.

They could sneak a few million for management fees offshore but company law protects minority shareholders so no rational for say £30m of 'fees'. You also have financial regulations in EFL that stops it. Not saying they wouldn't try it but would be banned and lose any legal case. They have other investments via their hedge fund so need to at least appear to be legitimate.
Our Financial Position? on 18:20 - May 10 with 3410 viewsKilkennyjack

Our Financial Position? on 16:33 - May 10 by jasper_T

See... i posted the truth. Facts.
You dont like it so you shout me down....?

Your post is just a wish. A hopeful guess.
Who knows ?

I will say that John Toshack also made the valid point about the importance of a core of players who actually feel part of the club. Its their club, not a club. Local lads and/or long term players.

And body snatching ‘ready made’ players at 18 and 19 is not the same as our Academy producing. Its a cover for pisss poor player development.
And that cover just left town.

The MIA Academy. Its cost us many millions.

Our Financial Position? on 18:22 - May 10 with 3391 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Our Financial Position? on 16:35 - May 10 by jasper_T

Falkirk closed their academy btw. We must not have been paying them enough.

No point having one in Falkirk if all your players are in Swansea.

Our Financial Position? on 18:26 - May 10 with 3368 viewsJBT95

Our Financial Position? on 14:24 - May 10 by byron

You better hope bony will agree to move on. Getting him back was a terrible decision by you lot. A main part of you’re downfall having no one to score.

He still scored more than your record signing hahahahahahahaha
Our Financial Position? on 18:33 - May 10 with 3327 viewsjasper_T

Our Financial Position? on 18:20 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Who knows ?

I will say that John Toshack also made the valid point about the importance of a core of players who actually feel part of the club. Its their club, not a club. Local lads and/or long term players.

And body snatching ‘ready made’ players at 18 and 19 is not the same as our Academy producing. Its a cover for pisss poor player development.

Who's shouting?

There are worse things we could have wasted millions on during our time in the PL. Could have built a second academy next door for the price of a season of Renato Sanches. We've got some good young prospects - some local, some not - all used to playing good football together in a successful side. Once we show all the overpaid prima donnas the door a good number of them should get a chance to step up and show what they can do.

This is where the investment in infrastructure will pay off.
Our Financial Position? on 18:45 - May 10 with 3301 viewsWingstandwood

Our Financial Position? on 18:20 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Who knows ?

Speaking as a long term supporter, I can say Swansea/SW Wales has had an absolutely appalling youth production line and return for producing top-tier standard performers.

Since the Toshack era onto the present day I can only recall Dean Saunders, Colin Pascoe, Andy Melville, Joe Allen, Ben Davies coming through the youth ranks and going on to become a regular/capable performer over a few sessions whilst playing in the highest division. Any additions I may have forgot?

Chris Coleman was a Man City youth product, Jazz Richards is not PL standard and the jury is still out on Connor Roberts.

So since 1980 I can only recall FIVE players proven to have been capable of playing in the old first division/modern day Premier League. F#cking unbelievable for a geographical area of 500,000+. Nearly forty years and only five top tier standard players produced.

Argus!

Our Financial Position? on 18:47 - May 10 with 3295 viewstheloneranger

Our Financial Position? on 18:02 - May 10 by awayjack

They could sneak a few million for management fees offshore but company law protects minority shareholders so no rational for say £30m of 'fees'. You also have financial regulations in EFL that stops it. Not saying they wouldn't try it but would be banned and lose any legal case. They have other investments via their hedge fund so need to at least appear to be legitimate.

It took them years to catch up with Oyston at Blackpool, but that was only after they'd plummeted down the leagues

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Our Financial Position? on 20:24 - May 10 with 3181 viewsKilkennyjack

Our Financial Position? on 18:45 - May 10 by Wingstandwood

Speaking as a long term supporter, I can say Swansea/SW Wales has had an absolutely appalling youth production line and return for producing top-tier standard performers.

Since the Toshack era onto the present day I can only recall Dean Saunders, Colin Pascoe, Andy Melville, Joe Allen, Ben Davies coming through the youth ranks and going on to become a regular/capable performer over a few sessions whilst playing in the highest division. Any additions I may have forgot?

Chris Coleman was a Man City youth product, Jazz Richards is not PL standard and the jury is still out on Connor Roberts.

So since 1980 I can only recall FIVE players proven to have been capable of playing in the old first division/modern day Premier League. F#cking unbelievable for a geographical area of 500,000+. Nearly forty years and only five top tier standard players produced.

See i disagree.

From this south Wales area and still playing today we have had - Bale, Rambo, Joey, Ben, Jazz, Gunter, Collins (fair point), Matthews, Roberts, Declan John, Marley Watkins, etc. Nearly all Premier League and Internationals from this area. The talent is there, but in the last 7 years only Roberts and John.

It suggests buying in Gorre, Donnelly, Fulton etc has blocked local talent.

With the Prem league money invested we should be producing more players now, not less.

Scotland on the other hand have produced - well nobody really. Go figure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024