Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? 23:08 - May 10 with 27739 viewsjackharris

“don't rejoice too soon, in case your delight at your own good fortune is premature.” proverb

It will be so funny when all the Tweets and messages bookmarked from the scumbags who have crept out of the Victorian sewers of Cardiff Shitty come back to haunt them. They will of course get stuffed and lose most of their matches, unless they do something drastic with their playing staff.

Warnock, if my memory serves me right, took QPR into the Premier League the year we were promoted and they were abysmal? The likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Man U and City, Arsenal, Liverpool, will demolish them. That’s without the other Premier clubs inflicting the same punishment. I have no doubt it will be season of me laughing my head off at them.

They haven’t got a clue what they are in for. They will have 12,000 extra fans, filling their stadium who are Liverpool fans, United fans, etc. They will be fighting amongst themselves like they did the other week. Valley Blueturds fighting and giving a good kicking to theIr youths from Cardiff...

Demonstrated by their Man City FA Cup game, the real fans hated it. The Stadium was filled with football tourists and fans who wanted to see the opposition.
They will have 33,000...
Of which 3,000 will be Away supporters
And around 15,000 will be their true fans
And the other 15,000 will be made up of the sporadic supporters who only turn up because of the prem and the big clubs.

We had some of these fans of our own, but our capacity only allowed for fewer to obtain seasons and match tickets...

Anyway this is my prediction, who knows. If they were to surpass our Premier League Acheivements I would be extremely astounded. Unless they were taken over by a Russian Oil Magnet or Sheiks from an Arabian Monarchy...
[Post edited 11 May 2018 21:45]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 09:12 - May 20 with 1491 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 08:52 - May 20 by sainthelens

I would trust Gary Glitter to babysit my grandson more than I'd trust our owner's to look after our club.

Good God

We agree on something

What I’m sad about

Is that Swansea fans have just accepted it

It’s no good saying “that we support the club/team”

When these Yanks and the previous Directors are destroying the club you support

It will be too late when there’s no Swansea City there to support

And don’t think it couldn’t happen
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 09:15 - May 20 with 1496 viewsJinxy

I think it's a question of a sustainable strategy for both clubs. Getting to the PL is one thing, staying there is quite different. I always thought that Cardiff should have tried to play a better style once in the PL (and actually sack/sideline Warnock, albeit harsh on the face of it), accepting they would likely be relegated but at least they could have built for the future, especially regarding the younger players.

Despite all that is wrong at Swansea (present and past), the playing style is once again established, and that's pleasing. That's why I'd take Toshack as head coach tbh. Loyal fans at all clubs will always turn up for the games, but the variable is the matchday "experience". Last season I walked away happier when we lost/drew, than some of the victories in our past 3 seasons.
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 09:19 - May 20 with 1464 viewssainthelens

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 09:12 - May 20 by valleyboy

Good God

We agree on something

What I’m sad about

Don t go soiling yourself pal, I was merely stating the bleeding obvious.
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 12:38 - May 20 with 1378 viewsunion_jack

Good God

We agree on something

What I’m sad about

Simple question, if you are who people say on here and closely related to a previous regular on this site, who do you actually support?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:11 - May 20 with 1338 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 12:38 - May 20 by union_jack

Simple question, if you are who people say on here and closely related to a previous regular on this site, who do you actually support?

I class myself a football supporter first and foremost

I followed the Swans solidly from 78 after I stopped playing football myself

There were reasons in why I didn’t follow Cardiff regularly then. Something similar to what has happened to Swansea City with the Yanks in charge

But on Saturday I will be supporting Newport, as much as any Newport supporter that goes to watch them regularly

Yes I don’t like to see in the predicament that Swansea are in now. But I have been telling supporters for years on different forums, what was going to happen

But I was only laughed at

But as the title to this thread says

He who laughs last laughs the longest
I hope that answers your question
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:21 - May 20 with 1317 viewsunion_jack

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:11 - May 20 by valleyboy

I class myself a football supporter first and foremost

I followed the Swans solidly from 78 after I stopped playing football myself

There were reasons in why I didn’t follow Cardiff regularly then. Something similar to what has happened to Swansea City with the Yanks in charge

But on Saturday I will be supporting Newport, as much as any Newport supporter that goes to watch them regularly

Yes I don’t like to see in the predicament that Swansea are in now. But I have been telling supporters for years on different forums, what was going to happen

But I was only laughed at

But as the title to this thread says

He who laughs last laughs the longest
I hope that answers your question

What I deduce from that is that you’re not a fan of any club. Just a floater (no pun intended😄) that takes an interest in a club when things are going well but constantly criticises and uses the ‘I told you so’ phrase to make yourself look clever.

As real fans of a club, who have an affinity and a bond that can’t be broken regardless of how bad things get, we can also criticise but then we’ve earned that right. Just something to ponder!

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:42 - May 20 with 1289 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:21 - May 20 by union_jack

What I deduce from that is that you’re not a fan of any club. Just a floater (no pun intended😄) that takes an interest in a club when things are going well but constantly criticises and uses the ‘I told you so’ phrase to make yourself look clever.

As real fans of a club, who have an affinity and a bond that can’t be broken regardless of how bad things get, we can also criticise but then we’ve earned that right. Just something to ponder!

You have not been around Swansea City long to say, that I only take an interest in a club when things are going well

Where was you from the mid eighties to 2000

You say

“As a real fan of a club, that have the affinity and bond that can’t be broken regardless how bad it gets”

How often have I heard that load of bull shit

Wait until Swansea are relegated to Division Two and then say that

I was at the Vetch when there were only something like 1300 supporters were there
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 15:47 - May 20 with 1219 viewsunion_jack

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:42 - May 20 by valleyboy

You have not been around Swansea City long to say, that I only take an interest in a club when things are going well

You say

“As a real fan of a club, that have the affinity and bond that can’t be broken regardless how bad it gets”

I was at the Vetch when there were only something like 1300 supporters were there

So why aren’t you now? Your actions speak louder than your words.

Login to get fewer ads

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:11 - May 20 with 1195 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 15:47 - May 20 by union_jack

Simply because I don’t believe in putting money in someone’s pockets that have no interest in Swansea City as a footballing club

They are there only for the money

Now don’t tell me that the Trust representatives say, they don’t think they are taking money out of the club

As they know as much as you and I.

Because they only see the monthly accounts and nothing else

At the right time.

The Yanks will pull out

Making sure they will recover all of their money they gave to previous Directors

It won’t be tens of thousands of pounds will be the debt left

But more like multi million pounds of debt

Bolton for example
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:16 - May 20 with 1182 viewsPhil_S

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:11 - May 20 by valleyboy

Simply because I don’t believe in putting money in someone’s pockets that have no interest in Swansea City as a footballing club

They are there only for the money

Now don’t tell me that the Trust representatives say, they don’t think they are taking money out of the club

As they know as much as you and I.

Because they only see the monthly accounts and nothing else

At the right time.

The Yanks will pull out

Making sure they will recover all of their money they gave to previous Directors

It won’t be tens of thousands of pounds will be the debt left

But more like multi million pounds of debt

Bolton for example

Are you entering that poem into some kind of competition.

Because if you are I think it is safe to say its unlikely to win.

Let's just face reality here - you are not a Swansea City fan.
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:38 - May 20 with 1117 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:16 - May 20 by Phil_S

Thought you were going to reply in that I was wrong.

That the Trust representative on the Board does see all the financial aspects of Swansea City and that definitely, the Yanks are not taking any money out of Swansea City
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:47 - May 20 with 1104 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Good God

We agree on something

What I’m sad about

A bit early for the bluetits to be spouting off, pride comes before a fall, let's see what happens to both clubs, things change quickly in the Championship.
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:14 - May 20 with 1080 viewsPhil_S

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:38 - May 20 by valleyboy

Thought you were going to reply in that I was wrong.

That the Trust representative on the Board does see all the financial aspects of Swansea City and that definitely, the Yanks are not taking any money out of Swansea City

Welcome to last summer

You are truly visionary in what you are saying. Meanwhile in other news the UK has voted to leave the European Union

Or in your style

The UK has

Voted

To leave

The European Union
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:14 - May 20 with 1079 viewstheloneranger

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 13:42 - May 20 by valleyboy

You say

"Where was you from the mid eighties to 2000 "

"I was at the Vetch when there were only something like 1300 supporters were there"

Haydn, where were you in the early to mid 1970's when we had to seek re-election to the football league in 1974/75??

I suspect you turned up at the start of the Toshack rise up the divisions in 1978, and by the way our lowest home league crowd was against Northampton in 1973 with 1300+

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:21 - May 20 with 1060 viewspencoedjack

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 15:47 - May 20 by union_jack

Why do you care fella?
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:28 - May 20 with 1044 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:14 - May 20 by theloneranger

"Where was you from the mid eighties to 2000 "

"I was at the Vetch when there were only something like 1300 supporters were there"

Haydn, where were you in the early to mid 1970's when we had to seek re-election to the football league in 1974/75??

I suspect you turned up at the start of the Toshack rise up the divisions in 1978, and by the way our lowest home league crowd was against Northampton in 1973 with 1300+

No I wasn’t there regularly in the 70’s as playing the game was more important to me than watching

Although it was usual to see about 6-7 midweek games of Cardiff and Swansea during that time

I started to watch Swansea on a regular basis at the start of the 78 season under Harry Griffiths. Something like 6-7 months before Toshack came as Manager

Mind you the best time for me, was in the Toshack era. As no matter what team we played in any of the Divisions. You always felt you could beat them hands down

Yes and as Colin Jones said on the other forum recently. In how Swansea people let the club down in not attending games when they were most needed

Especially that second season in the old First Division
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:34 - May 20 with 1027 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:21 - May 20 by pencoedjack

Why do you care fella?

Well the last thing I would want. Is for Swansea to fall out of the Football League completely

Don’t think it couldn’t happen

As I’m sure there will be more clubs in the next couple of years doing an Accrington Stanley
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:49 - May 20 with 1017 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 16:16 - May 20 by Phil_S

So what is a Swansea City fan

Someone that accepts what’s happening to the club. Or has Colin Jones has said

“Just move on”

Move on to what

Falling out of the Football League

Where’s the fighting spirit of Swansea supporters these days. As what you see in other clubs
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:54 - May 20 with 1002 viewsPhil_S

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:49 - May 20 by valleyboy

“Just move on”

Move on to what

Where’s the fighting spirit of Swansea supporters these days. As what you see in other clubs

What on earth are you talking about?

And let us have a whip round and buy you some full stops.
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 19:58 - May 20 with 952 viewstheloneranger

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:14 - May 20 by Phil_S

Welcome to last summer

You are truly visionary in what you are saying. Meanwhile in other news the UK has voted to leave the European Union

Or in your style

The UK has

Voted

To leave

The European Union

Talking about full stops. 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 20:09 - May 20 with 933 viewsmagicdaps10

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 17:49 - May 20 by valleyboy

“Just move on”

Move on to what

The fighting spirit!!

Walking away to support another club is great fighting spirit is it not.

One man, one club.......anything else is not a fan.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 20:22 - May 20 with 896 viewsvalleyboy

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 20:09 - May 20 by magicdaps10

The fighting spirit!!

Walking away to support another club is great fighting spirit is it not.

One man, one club.......anything else is not a fan.

One man, one club........anything else is not a fan

I’m from a different era thank a God

Not like these pathetic plastic supporters.

That now call themselves Swansea supporters that have just accepted what has happened to your club without any sign of a whimper

How pathetic is that
He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 20:30 - May 20 with 867 viewsmagicdaps10

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 20:22 - May 20 by valleyboy

One man, one club........anything else is not a fan

I’m from a different era thank a God

Not like these pathetic plastic supporters.

That now call themselves Swansea supporters that have just accepted what has happened to your club without any sign of a whimper

How pathetic is that

So you run to another club!

Stop bigging yourself up as some superior.......you are just making yourself look like a tw@t.

I am not a fan of the plastics but what you are doing is just as bad.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 20:30 - May 20 with 863 viewsPhil_S

He who Laughs Last Laughs Longest. We Shall See? on 19:58 - May 20 by theloneranger

Talking about full stops. 😂😂

Deliberate to help him read it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024