Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roque Mesa 14:43 - May 11 with 3753 viewsswanseajack97

Just want to remind you all that we sold one of our only passionate players who actually cared abut the results to some Spanish super giants.

Imagine being in a relegation fight and loaning one of our only players who gave a dam to champions league football.

But of course with the clueless choices being made, we were left with Carrol, Clucas, Sanches, Andy King and Ki in midfield making it by far the worst midfield in the premier league this season. Why we thought loaning Mesa out to a bigger club after starting to make a impact I will never understand...
Roque Mesa on 14:47 - May 11 with 2722 viewsCaptain_Sham

Sold?
Hes played 4 times by the way.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 14:48]

Its just a ride.

Roque Mesa on 14:49 - May 11 with 2697 viewsswanseajack97

Roque Mesa on 14:47 - May 11 by Captain_Sham

Sold?
Hes played 4 times by the way.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 14:48]

Meant *loan my bad, I did say loaning out later on though
Roque Mesa on 14:51 - May 11 with 2663 views34dfgdf54

He was obviously a bad signing, but there is no way on gods earth am I having that the likes of Andy King and Tom Carroll, the latter being arguably the worst midfield player in the premier league in my opinion could be better than him.
Roque Mesa on 14:52 - May 11 with 2648 viewsswancity

Passionate possibly although that's in doubt .Just not very good.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Roque Mesa on 14:53 - May 11 with 2638 viewsCaptain_Sham

Roque Mesa on 14:51 - May 11 by 34dfgdf54

He was obviously a bad signing, but there is no way on gods earth am I having that the likes of Andy King and Tom Carroll, the latter being arguably the worst midfield player in the premier league in my opinion could be better than him.

Mesa would have been a great signing 3 years ago when we played , you know, football.

Its just a ride.

Roque Mesa on 14:53 - May 11 with 2628 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 14:53 - May 11 by Captain_Sham

Mesa would have been a great signing 3 years ago when we played , you know, football.

Correct!
Roque Mesa on 14:56 - May 11 with 2605 viewsswancity

Apart from he's not good enough

Roque Mesa on 14:56 - May 11 with 2605 viewsswanseajack97

Spot on. I was exited to hear him joining last summer especially seeing his stats of making the most passes last season in la liga with a small club.
and just when I thought that this could be a return to the Swansea way clement just through him under the bus.
Login to get fewer ads

Roque Mesa on 14:57 - May 11 with 2599 viewsswanseajack97

Roque Mesa on 14:56 - May 11 by swancity

So Andy King and Carrol are better?...
Roque Mesa on 14:57 - May 11 with 2598 views34dfgdf54

Leon’s back is he.

Congrats on your retirement fella.
Roque Mesa on 14:57 - May 11 with 2592 viewsCaptain_Sham

In your opinion, which has zero value.

Its just a ride.

Roque Mesa on 14:59 - May 11 with 2577 viewsPrivate_Partz

He has done a very nice tweet about Rangel. Dont know how to put it up on here though.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Roque Mesa on 15:00 - May 11 with 2567 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Roque Mesa on 14:51 - May 11 by 34dfgdf54

I actually thought for a few games last season that Carroll could make it. He now just makes me sad when I see him play another easily telegraphed pass to the opposition.

One of the most damning statistics of this season is that Tom Carroll has twice as many assists as any other of our players. That tells you all you need to know about our lack of creativity.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Roque Mesa on 15:02 - May 11 with 2547 viewsswancity

Roque Mesa on 14:57 - May 11 by swanseajack97

So Andy King and Carrol are better?...

Different type of player. King is a reliable performer, never a match winner but does his job well. Carroll has had a poor season in a struggling team. Mesa on the other hand definitely has some ability but makes too many mistakes and lapses in concentration. He's therefore a liability.

Roque Mesa on 15:04 - May 11 with 2526 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 15:02 - May 11 by swancity

Different type of player. King is a reliable performer, never a match winner but does his job well. Carroll has had a poor season in a struggling team. Mesa on the other hand definitely has some ability but makes too many mistakes and lapses in concentration. He's therefore a liability.

Well it’s worked out well without him hasn’t it.

We’ll never know now.
Roque Mesa on 15:04 - May 11 with 2518 viewsswancity

Roque Mesa on 14:57 - May 11 by Captain_Sham

In your opinion, which has zero value.

IMO yes. As for zero value I find its best to respect views of others without having to agree.

Roque Mesa on 15:05 - May 11 with 2513 viewsLegend83

Roque Mesa on 15:02 - May 11 by swancity

King wasn't reliable against Chelsea when he failed to trap a pass from Mawson (the pass wasn't great to be fair) then couldn't be arsed to track Fabregas who went and scored from his mistake.

You know, the exact same sort of thing Mesa did against Watford and was consigned to the scrap heap for.

At least Mesa always seemed to get his head up and look to move the ball forward.
Roque Mesa on 15:11 - May 11 with 2451 viewsswancity

Roque Mesa on 15:05 - May 11 by Legend83

King wasn't reliable against Chelsea when he failed to trap a pass from Mawson (the pass wasn't great to be fair) then couldn't be arsed to track Fabregas who went and scored from his mistake.

You know, the exact same sort of thing Mesa did against Watford and was consigned to the scrap heap for.

At least Mesa always seemed to get his head up and look to move the ball forward.

All players make mistakes. Some more than others. Mesa makes far too many and for that reason he's not up to it at this level. The Championship may be a different matter for him though.

Roque Mesa on 15:14 - May 11 with 2433 viewsTheKirkyLife

I was a real fan of Mesa. He made mistakes but of course you would when the manager shows zero faith in you and doesn't know how to create a setup that will suit him.

If we are lucky enough to keep him in the Championship I think he should be the guy we look to recreate Swansea around. I still rate him, I still think it was a ridiculous decision to send him out on loan.
Roque Mesa on 15:20 - May 11 with 2413 viewsSwan91

if we are actually going to go back to the old way to play... like what has been said in reports and media... then he will be important for us next season if he stays!!
Roque Mesa on 15:21 - May 11 with 2406 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 15:14 - May 11 by TheKirkyLife

I was a real fan of Mesa. He made mistakes but of course you would when the manager shows zero faith in you and doesn't know how to create a setup that will suit him.

If we are lucky enough to keep him in the Championship I think he should be the guy we look to recreate Swansea around. I still rate him, I still think it was a ridiculous decision to send him out on loan.

Agree with what you’re saying, but there’s no chance he will be here next year.
Roque Mesa on 16:32 - May 11 with 2207 viewsmajorraglan

Roque Mesa on 15:21 - May 11 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with what you’re saying, but there’s no chance he will be here next year.

I think that may depend on who the next manager is. I would at least like the next manager to have a look at Kesa and Baston before they are shipped out. He may be able to integrate them in to his team.
Roque Mesa on 16:38 - May 11 with 2155 views34dfgdf54

Roque Mesa on 16:32 - May 11 by majorraglan

I think that may depend on who the next manager is. I would at least like the next manager to have a look at Kesa and Baston before they are shipped out. He may be able to integrate them in to his team.

Didn’t he say he wished he never came here in first place? I may be wrong but I’m sure I read it somewhere
Roque Mesa on 16:43 - May 11 with 2116 viewsmax936

Nobody has mentioned young Fulton who had done a reasonable job each time he played, we should have kept that lad here, IMO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Roque Mesa on 16:55 - May 11 with 2043 viewsjasper_T

I gave Mesa the benefit of the doubt for a good while but he made far too many mistakes too often to deserve a regular place. Thought Clement & Makelele were being harsh at first but then it kept happening, and he wasn't doing enough in other areas for the risk to be worth it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024