Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Boer 13:19 - May 21 with 4638 viewsmagicdaps10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44195003

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

De Boer on 13:26 - May 21 with 4552 viewsomarjack

Now are we going to have 16 threads called Jaap Stam and 22 called De Boer basically talking about the SAME THING until the end of times?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

De Boer on 13:48 - May 21 with 4408 viewsTheKirkyLife

News we knew already.
De Boer on 15:45 - May 21 with 4188 viewsLeonWasGod

De Boer on 13:48 - May 21 by TheKirkyLife

News we knew already.

In 2015 and again in 2017 nonetheless. Third time lucky for Huwbert maybe? Then he just needs to go out and get Adomah and we're sorted.
De Boer on 17:58 - May 21 with 3863 viewsmax936

He'll be out the door by November, he bombed the Palace Job same at a job in Italy, why just why are we going for De Boer or Jaap Stam who failed at Reading, I'd rather take a chance on Potter myself.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

De Boer on 18:08 - May 21 with 3808 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

If Jenkins is in charge we’ll end with Ronald de Boer the cheaper option
De Boer on 18:13 - May 21 with 3784 viewsHeadmaster

Brendan failed at Reading but was great for us, although I'm doubtful about Stam.

And you can't really judge De Boer on 4 games at Palace. I watched an interview with their chairman who said they wanted a new style to revamp the club. De Boer wanted them to play a certain way even though they didn't have the players to do that. Inter's a different level altogether. Perhaps with the right set-up De Boer could be as successful as he was at Ajax.

Potter could be a revelation, but I'm still not convinced. It's one thing to succeed in Swedish football; it's another to succeed in the Championship, which is notoriously difficult to get out of. He's also had a bumpy start to this season. 3 wins out of 9 I think it is.
De Boer on 18:40 - May 21 with 3625 viewsmax936

De Boer on 18:13 - May 21 by Headmaster

Brendan failed at Reading but was great for us, although I'm doubtful about Stam.

And you can't really judge De Boer on 4 games at Palace. I watched an interview with their chairman who said they wanted a new style to revamp the club. De Boer wanted them to play a certain way even though they didn't have the players to do that. Inter's a different level altogether. Perhaps with the right set-up De Boer could be as successful as he was at Ajax.

Potter could be a revelation, but I'm still not convinced. It's one thing to succeed in Swedish football; it's another to succeed in the Championship, which is notoriously difficult to get out of. He's also had a bumpy start to this season. 3 wins out of 9 I think it is.

He had 7 games at Palace, conceded many and I don't think they scored in any of those games.

De Boer on 18:46 - May 21 with 3578 viewsTheKirkyLife

De Boer on 18:40 - May 21 by max936

He had 7 games at Palace, conceded many and I don't think they scored in any of those games.

Worst start to a Premier League campaign in history. To his credit, perhaps, Zaha was injured for a good portion of that start. In fact he was injured when Swansea came to town - we did not look great but scored some scrappy goals.

I'd rather take the risk on Potter than take the risk on managers with a proven record for failure.
Login to get fewer ads

De Boer on 18:47 - May 21 with 3566 viewsveng9

4 league games 0 scored 7 conceded. 1 cup game home Ipswich 2-1 win.
De Boer on 18:51 - May 21 with 3547 viewsjruss1

De Boer wanted a complete change of style and it was never going to work in 4 games. Zaha missed 3 of them as well. Whole thing was a joke really, think it's unfair to hold it against him. The Inter spell was bad though.

But if we want a return to possession football he fits.
De Boer on 18:58 - May 21 with 3486 viewssainthelens

I wonder how he'll explain that away in the interview?
De Boer on 18:58 - May 21 with 3485 viewscostalotta

De Boer on 18:13 - May 21 by Headmaster

Brendan did fail at Reading. But, he showed what could do in a his brief and relatively successful stint at Watford. When he left them they were gutted!!

The worry about De Boer is he failed abysmally at Palace and Inter.

If this guy is appointed it will because he is not in work nor in demand and therefore cheap cheap like the budgie!!!
[Post edited 21 May 2018 18:59]
De Boer on 18:58 - May 21 with 3478 viewsmax936

De Boer on 18:47 - May 21 by veng9

4 league games 0 scored 7 conceded. 1 cup game home Ipswich 2-1 win.

I remember 7 being mentioned at the time he went, must have been the weeks he was there then

De Boer on 19:17 - May 21 with 3375 viewscastlejack

De Boer on 17:58 - May 21 by max936

He'll be out the door by November, he bombed the Palace Job same at a job in Italy, why just why are we going for De Boer or Jaap Stam who failed at Reading, I'd rather take a chance on Potter myself.

Agreed , Stam and Boer will be a disaster...

Bring in Harry Potter to work his magic

Poll: Next Swans manager

De Boer on 19:18 - May 21 with 3358 viewsSwansea93

On SSN they said we've spoken to De Boer.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

De Boer on 19:25 - May 21 with 3300 viewsPrivate_Partz

De Boer on 18:46 - May 21 by TheKirkyLife

Worst start to a Premier League campaign in history. To his credit, perhaps, Zaha was injured for a good portion of that start. In fact he was injured when Swansea came to town - we did not look great but scored some scrappy goals.

I'd rather take the risk on Potter than take the risk on managers with a proven record for failure.

Potter smacks more of Head Coach to me. A yes man who will take all Huw throws at him. I can't see him turning up with a full backroom and recruitment team.
I can see De Boer doing this though so he is preferable for me.
I always though he had a massive job on at Palace and they were very hasty getting rid.
Our U23s still play a passing game and many of our players can still remember it so we may be a much better fit for Franc.
I still worry however that we will get the 'no one wants to manage us' line and Curt and Leon being put in charge along with Cameron. Nothing would surprise me as far as Jenkins is concerned.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

De Boer on 19:31 - May 21 with 3251 viewsThornburyswan

De Boer on 18:58 - May 21 by costalotta

Brendan did fail at Reading. But, he showed what could do in a his brief and relatively successful stint at Watford. When he left them they were gutted!!

The worry about De Boer is he failed abysmally at Palace and Inter.

If this guy is appointed it will because he is not in work nor in demand and therefore cheap cheap like the budgie!!!
[Post edited 21 May 2018 18:59]

Very much doubt he'd be cheap, his ego/status won't go for that.
De Boer on 19:35 - May 21 with 3216 viewsHeadmaster

I just remembered, do we not have an U23 player named De Boer who we got from Ajax? Any relation there?
De Boer on 22:50 - May 21 with 2813 viewsTheKirkyLife

De Boer on 19:35 - May 21 by Headmaster

I just remembered, do we not have an U23 player named De Boer who we got from Ajax? Any relation there?

No relation.
De Boer on 23:12 - May 21 with 2682 viewsSwansea93

De Boer on 22:50 - May 21 by TheKirkyLife

No relation.

I think he said De Boer and Bergkamp gave them a few training sessions.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024