Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madeira restaurant 22:33 - May 24 with 9011 viewsmoonie

I'm not easily impressed but this place tonight was a gem.

Quality ,authentic Portuguese food served by Portuguese staff .

Ive had sardines fresh from the sea in Portimao that weren't as good

Place was was rammed but happily so . Staff coped admirably so get the fook down there and support them

Muito obrigado

[Post edited 24 May 2018 22:34]
Madeira restaurant on 22:48 - May 24 with 3296 viewsDarran

What poor fuçker did you con into paying this time?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Madeira restaurant on 22:53 - May 24 with 3302 viewsmoonie

Just me and missus to reflect on an obviously emotional day.

Twas really uplifting.

Staying in apartment in Meridian 19 th floor. Fantastic view of the misty Mumbles

Come up and see me
Madeira restaurant on 22:54 - May 24 with 3273 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 22:53 - May 24 by moonie

Just me and missus to reflect on an obviously emotional day.

Twas really uplifting.

Staying in apartment in Meridian 19 th floor. Fantastic view of the misty Mumbles

Come up and see me

I don’t want to see you thanks.

Madeira restaurant on 23:07 - May 24 with 3254 viewsBanosswan

Madeira restaurant on 22:54 - May 24 by Darran

Go on

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Madeira restaurant on 23:09 - May 24 with 3229 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 23:07 - May 24 by Banosswan

Go on

No I really don’t want to.

Madeira restaurant on 23:13 - May 24 with 3230 viewsBanosswan

Madeira restaurant on 23:09 - May 24 by Darran

Go on

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Madeira restaurant on 23:14 - May 24 with 3229 viewsGaryjack

Madeira restaurant on 23:09 - May 24 by Darran

Make up you guys!
Madeira restaurant on 23:16 - May 24 with 3191 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 23:13 - May 24 by Banosswan

Go on

No I’ve met him before and he’s nothing but a user.

Login to get fewer ads

Madeira restaurant on 07:49 - May 25 with 3026 viewsexhmrc1

Nice to hear you say something positive about Swansea for a change
Madeira restaurant on 08:19 - May 25 with 2988 viewsnantywatcher

Can't think of anywhere in Portimao that serves decent food. Good for bland tourist fodder though.
Madeira restaurant on 08:28 - May 25 with 2971 viewsLord_Bony

Madeira restaurant on 08:19 - May 25 by nantywatcher

Can't think of anywhere in Portimao that serves decent food. Good for bland tourist fodder though.

Playa de Rocha serves nice grub.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Madeira restaurant on 09:41 - May 25 with 2868 viewsmoonie

Nanty. On the riverside
Madeira restaurant on 09:52 - May 25 with 2853 viewsmoonie

Are we not allowed to post as we see things ,good or bad.

View of the old grey ugly lovely town is very impressive from the top floor here but it's sad to see such quality shops now long gone as is what remains of the Carlton ,Castle and Albert Hall cinemas.

Floreat Swansea
Madeira restaurant on 10:10 - May 25 with 2826 viewsexhmrc1

Madeira restaurant on 09:52 - May 25 by moonie

View of the old grey ugly lovely town is very impressive from the top floor here but it's sad to see such quality shops now long gone as is what remains of the Carlton ,Castle and Albert Hall cinemas.

Floreat Swansea

yes but with you there previously had been no good. it was just all bad. Nobody thinks everything is right about the city but many of these are similar problems to elsewhere. David Morgans and the Louis restaurant amongst others have gone in Cardiff. As for shops that have closed it is a sign of the times unfortunately. The likes of BHS, Woolies, C&A, Littlewoods went bust and closed everywhere.
Madeira restaurant on 10:17 - May 25 with 2810 viewsmoonie

Not,wrong. And Im not keen on being hectored by you .

You never know, we might see you or the other dicks on here saying something positive about Liverpool....instead of constant ,perpetual jibes . There s an obsession on here so in the interests of fair play ,consider that before you try to lecture me.

Now,its pissing down ,any ideas as to where to go?

Come to think of it ,don't.
Madeira restaurant on 10:17 - May 25 with 2808 viewsswancity

Floreat Swansea

God you're boring. It's called on line shopping.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Madeira restaurant on 10:20 - May 25 with 2805 viewsgadgetuk

Floreat Swansea

Last time I looked the Carlton Cinema was a Waterstones, with a preserved facade and staircase. The Castle cinema will have similar treatment where the facades will be retained and restored.
The Albert Hall I will grant you is a mess as is the palace, however these are privately owned buildings in areas that are not currently conducive to investment in large restoration schemes.
You see what you want to see, as an ex pat myself I see the positive that is also happening, High Street is certainly improving, Castle Street, Wind Street all examples of private investment saving our history.
Shopping centres are dying, and Swansea is no different to almost any other city of similar size. Cardiff is too close to allow swansea to be a magnet for large department stores and instead needs to focus on boutique, one off type stores if it wants a central shopping hub, however Camarthen has stolen a march on it. Let's see what happens with the digital arena and St David's. People are at least trying to improve what is there.
Madeira restaurant on 10:25 - May 25 with 2799 viewsLord_Bony

Retail has moved on with many town centres having been decimated and ravaged by online shopping.

But that’s just the way things go, for all its faults Swansea is still a beautiful city especially in the summer

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Madeira restaurant on 10:27 - May 25 with 2796 viewsmoonie

Fair point and of course I see other city centres dying. Jesus, don't go to Birkenhead as its enough to make you weep.

Sorry ,I noted the Waterstones but look at the top of the building.

Cardiff is prospering even though it's near Bristol .

Swansea really should be the catalyst for the whole of south west Wales. A centre to visit for aesthetic and cultural reasons . That's all . This upsets people on here . They make assumptions ,they misquote "can't help that.

You make a good point and thanks for a decent reply.

Meanwhile , Madeira , the OP, was truly great . Any suggestions for tonight
Madeira restaurant on 10:38 - May 25 with 2774 viewsgadgetuk

Madeira restaurant on 10:27 - May 25 by moonie

Fair point and of course I see other city centres dying. Jesus, don't go to Birkenhead as its enough to make you weep.

Swansea really should be the catalyst for the whole of south west Wales. A centre to visit for aesthetic and cultural reasons . That's all . This upsets people on here . They make assumptions ,they misquote "can't help that.

Unfortunately the only place I could recommend is outside of the city centre, the rake and riddle in penclawdd. I haven't eaten in the centre for years. I've heard good things about Rasoi Waterfront in SA1, but not tried it myself.

I would venture that Cardiff as a shopping destination is now bigger than Bristol, and is probably drawing people from across the bridge as well.

I think the problem Swansea has is that there have been too many false starts - the last set of plans that were "Going to happen" came out just as the recession hit, with Hammerson and Urban Splash pulling out.

Whilst Swansea has got one of the most shambolic planning departments on planet earth, I do think what the council currently have planned makes a lot of sense, moving the council offices into the city centre, and freeing up the civic site for redevelopment, together with increasing the density of office space and living (student) accomodation in the city centre is something that has been done successfully in many cities. The more people working and living in a city centre will certainly have a positive effect on the amount of shops opening. I am optimistic that within 5 years we will be seeing significant change. Someone I know once suggested that we should have moved the city centre to SA1 and developed a waterfront shopping complex. Seemed ludicrous at the time but when you consider how relatively easy it would be to re-route the train station to that side of the city, then it's not a bad idea!
Madeira restaurant on 10:40 - May 25 with 2770 viewsPrivate_Partz

Madeira restaurant on 10:20 - May 25 by gadgetuk

Last time I looked the Carlton Cinema was a Waterstones, with a preserved facade and staircase. The Castle cinema will have similar treatment where the facades will be retained and restored.
The Albert Hall I will grant you is a mess as is the palace, however these are privately owned buildings in areas that are not currently conducive to investment in large restoration schemes.
You see what you want to see, as an ex pat myself I see the positive that is also happening, High Street is certainly improving, Castle Street, Wind Street all examples of private investment saving our history.
Shopping centres are dying, and Swansea is no different to almost any other city of similar size. Cardiff is too close to allow swansea to be a magnet for large department stores and instead needs to focus on boutique, one off type stores if it wants a central shopping hub, however Camarthen has stolen a march on it. Let's see what happens with the digital arena and St David's. People are at least trying to improve what is there.

Can't agree to Cardiff being too big a magnet for Swansea to attaract large stores.
Take Cheltenham for example. Gloucester on its doorstep and mid point between Birmingham and Bristol. John Lewis is opening there regardless. IKEA have two stores within 20 miles of each other in the Severnside conurbations.
Also we can't let the Council off the hook with our decaying icons, privately owned or not. They have enough levers to put pressure on owners and attract external funding for development.
The Albert Hall, The Elysium, The Palace, The Slip Bridge and Mumbles Pier are prime examples. I doubt many cities have so many iconic structures in decay per capita as we have.
Swansea needs to have an attractive Shopping environment to invest in. The Parc Tawe development is a total cock up and a wasteland with a car park waiting to happen.
We are capable of being much better as a regional shopping area but the Loval Authority and WAG have neither the wit, will or ability to do anything meaningful about it.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Madeira restaurant on 10:52 - May 25 with 2743 viewsjack247

Madeira restaurant on 22:54 - May 24 by Darran

Shut up about him then.

You sound like a 14 year old girl who has been dumped for the first time. Get over him.
Madeira restaurant on 10:57 - May 25 with 2715 viewsDarran

Madeira restaurant on 10:52 - May 25 by jack247

Shut up about him then.

You sound like a 14 year old girl who has been dumped for the first time. Get over him.

No I won’t. If someone did to you what that pervert did to me you wouldn’t shut up about it either.

Madeira restaurant on 11:10 - May 25 with 2720 viewsexhmrc1

Madeira restaurant on 10:27 - May 25 by moonie

What do you want
Gallinis Italian Marina
old Havana Cuban opposite the Leisure Centre
Panshee Indian opposite the Grand
Bochon De Rossi French Oxford Street
Gigi Gaos Chinese Marinar
Turtle Bay Caribbean Castle
Belle Vue Bistro English in the old cascade

As far as things to do in the rain try the Industrial and Maritime museum
Madeira restaurant on 11:10 - May 25 with 2719 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Madeira restaurant on 10:57 - May 25 by Darran

No I won’t. If someone did to you what that pervert did to me you wouldn’t shut up about it either.

Tell us more?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024