Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 67620 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 13:31 - Jul 2 with 1933 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 13:26 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

No, you didn’t say to sign anybody at all. You gave a list of generic attributes that a child could make up and are now claiming some kind of victory off the back of it? Truly bizarre. I will do it too, we need a keeper that is good in the air, can save lots of shots, has good distribution and handling. We also need a defender that is good in the air, is commanding, pacey and strong. If we concede in the first game I will say “see I was right”.

It’s not either or, I was commenting on the signing. It is, was and always will be a “smart business decision” of all the names mentioned regardless of how many times you put it in quotation marks. Find me a quote of mine saying we now don’t need an attacking midfielder and I show you a fabricated quote.

Your argument is strawman.

This is going nowhere.

I can’t see how asking for a player who can pick a pass or has a bit of skill to unlock a defence is asking for too much, we had Shelvey who could do all of that, De Guzmán, Hernandes. Our squad was desperately missing that, there’s players in the Chanmpionship I could even list.

Every transfer is a gamble, but if we signed a player of that ilk and they ended up not being good enough, then it is a lot more forgivable, Clucas was spending money for the sake of spending money, it made no sense financially whether you like it or not.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:39 - Jul 2 with 1906 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 13:31 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

This is going nowhere.

I can’t see how asking for a player who can pick a pass or has a bit of skill to unlock a defence is asking for too much, we had Shelvey who could do all of that, De Guzmán, Hernandes. Our squad was desperately missing that, there’s players in the Chanmpionship I could even list.

Every transfer is a gamble, but if we signed a player of that ilk and they ended up not being good enough, then it is a lot more forgivable, Clucas was spending money for the sake of spending money, it made no sense financially whether you like it or not.

We were looking odds on to be relegated, of course attacking players that have attributes that every club wants will be hard to find. A phrase getting used more and more with good reason is “this isn’t Championship manager”.

Any player of that Ilk came from abroad, the wrong age, questionable whether they held those attributes and vastly over priced. If it didn’t work out (which is highly likely) then it would have been financial suicide and probably would end up going back on loan ala Borja.

With Clucas there will always be residual value in him whether you want to admit it or not. If the choice was get a rubbish overpriced attacking midfielder (which seems to be the case) or Clucas, then again it was the smart business decision. The other option was to sign nobody and let it fester, thankfully that smart business decision scored 2 against Arsenal earning vital points in the run in.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson to West Ham on 13:54 - Jul 2 with 1867 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 13:39 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

We were looking odds on to be relegated, of course attacking players that have attributes that every club wants will be hard to find. A phrase getting used more and more with good reason is “this isn’t Championship manager”.

Any player of that Ilk came from abroad, the wrong age, questionable whether they held those attributes and vastly over priced. If it didn’t work out (which is highly likely) then it would have been financial suicide and probably would end up going back on loan ala Borja.

With Clucas there will always be residual value in him whether you want to admit it or not. If the choice was get a rubbish overpriced attacking midfielder (which seems to be the case) or Clucas, then again it was the smart business decision. The other option was to sign nobody and let it fester, thankfully that smart business decision scored 2 against Arsenal earning vital points in the run in.

So you choose to bring up the two goals against Arsenal, which didn't end up being vital as we went down, but there you go.

Just to be clear mind, I am no Clucas hater, he's a decent enough player, just not one we needed at the time. It's not his fault he was grossly overpaid for either.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:59 - Jul 2 with 1859 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 13:54 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

So you choose to bring up the two goals against Arsenal, which didn't end up being vital as we went down, but there you go.

Just to be clear mind, I am no Clucas hater, he's a decent enough player, just not one we needed at the time. It's not his fault he was grossly overpaid for either.

It doesn’t matter, they were vital in the run in. That contribution stays the same if the situation is as it was or if the teams around us lost more and we stayed up. That’s some odd logic.

He was certainly needed at the time. Anyone was needed at the time, we were awful. If we didn’t make these January signings I very much doubt we would have made any fist of survival.

Mawson to West Ham on 14:00 - Jul 2 with 1858 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 13:26 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

No, you didn’t say to sign anybody at all. You gave a list of generic attributes that a child could make up and are now claiming some kind of victory off the back of it? Truly bizarre. I will do it too, we need a keeper that is good in the air, can save lots of shots, has good distribution and handling. We also need a defender that is good in the air, is commanding, pacey and strong. If we concede in the first game I will say “see I was right”.

It’s not either or, I was commenting on the signing. It is, was and always will be a “smart business decision” of all the names mentioned regardless of how many times you put it in quotation marks. Find me a quote of mine saying we now don’t need an attacking midfielder and I show you a fabricated quote.

Your argument is strawman.

Speaking of generic attributes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44658749

"He has got an outstanding record of goals and assists in two different countries, and we have been extremely impressed by the intelligence he has shown in his play from a tactical point of view," said the Welshman.

"Following on from the arrival of Stuart Armstrong this week, we feel we have made real progress in adding a new dimension to our attack."

Elyounoussi - who was born in Morocco - scored 41 goals in 91 goals for Norwegian side Molde before moving to Basel in July 2016.

He had also been linked with Arsenal, Leicester and Huddersfield.

How come this guy has allegedly got the attributes I was crying out for us? You make it sound like I was asking for Xavi in his prime. Southampton are coming off a near miss relegation, as we were last summer. They are doing their best to plug the gaps in their squad. Good on them.
Mawson to West Ham on 14:01 - Jul 2 with 1852 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 13:59 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

It doesn’t matter, they were vital in the run in. That contribution stays the same if the situation is as it was or if the teams around us lost more and we stayed up. That’s some odd logic.

He was certainly needed at the time. Anyone was needed at the time, we were awful. If we didn’t make these January signings I very much doubt we would have made any fist of survival.

What January signings? We are on about Clucas, who was purchased in August.
Mawson to West Ham on 14:08 - Jul 2 with 1829 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 14:01 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

What January signings? We are on about Clucas, who was purchased in August.

Andre Ayew for a start.

Why are we talking about Clucas? Clucas was just someone you brought up as the initial debate wasn’t going your way.

We are talking about attacking midfielders aren’t we? Viera was being cried about most recently in January. We didn’t sign an attacking midfielder in January because there was no good ones available.

These are the signings you are crying about isn’t it? If not then feel free to explain.

Mawson to West Ham on 14:13 - Jul 2 with 1805 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 14:08 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Andre Ayew for a start.

Why are we talking about Clucas? Clucas was just someone you brought up as the initial debate wasn’t going your way.

We are talking about attacking midfielders aren’t we? Viera was being cried about most recently in January. We didn’t sign an attacking midfielder in January because there was no good ones available.

These are the signings you are crying about isn’t it? If not then feel free to explain.

No, the debate isn't going your way, hence you randomly changing subject.

I agree we needed reinforcments in January, we needed to because of the dreadful business and footballing decisions made in the Summer. Bony for example, big money, huge wages, obvious to everyone he couldn't stay fit. The Ayew signing I can forgive, we needed someone with similar attributes to him, it didn't quite work out. My point is, the summer is what killed us, and that's where me and you don't agree.

Bringing up Viera again, I said someone with the attributes he allegedly has, do I need to keep repeating that, really? We desperately needed an attacking midfielder in the summer, it wasn't addressed, and it wasn't addressed in January either, awful.
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 14:20 - Jul 2 with 1779 viewsmagicdaps10

Mawson to West Ham on 14:08 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Andre Ayew for a start.

There were good ones available but none wanted to join us due to our predicament.

Our disastrous summer window 12 months ago killed us from the start. The Clucas signing for the amount paid was desperate, the Sanches signing was a gamble..........we were like a machine gun going off with no one controlling it.

The problem 12 months back was clear, we needed a quality right back and a creative spark between midfield and our striker..... a creative no 10.

It was obvious and clear but yet was totally ignored.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Mawson to West Ham on 14:22 - Jul 2 with 1775 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 14:13 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

No, the debate isn't going your way, hence you randomly changing subject.

I agree we needed reinforcments in January, we needed to because of the dreadful business and footballing decisions made in the Summer. Bony for example, big money, huge wages, obvious to everyone he couldn't stay fit. The Ayew signing I can forgive, we needed someone with similar attributes to him, it didn't quite work out. My point is, the summer is what killed us, and that's where me and you don't agree.

Bringing up Viera again, I said someone with the attributes he allegedly has, do I need to keep repeating that, really? We desperately needed an attacking midfielder in the summer, it wasn't addressed, and it wasn't addressed in January either, awful.

Of course the debate is going my way, they always do. I don’t enter them unless I know I am right. I am not changing any subject, the subject is signings and the transfer windows. I have said all there is to say about Clucas - good player, smart business decision given the options and has retained more of his value than a foreign equivelant.

Unfortunately we continuously needed signings due to the squad deteriorating, that can be traced back to the Laudrup era where nearly every signing he made walked away for nothing. We are not an attractive side to go to, you either make signing that are available to us or you make none at all. Business wise it is at more “smart business decision like” to make them than not, especially when it is clear that the alternative is certain relegation.

Part of those “sound business decisions” was the correct sale of a player refusing to play for us and an injured player with months left on his contract.

Again, this is not championship manager. That moron who used to post used to make out Viera was Messi, of course we needed someone with his “alleged” attributes, Real Madrid would be interested too. Having a list of attributes and then finding someone who harbours then, that wants to come to us that is in our wage structure and transfer budget is not an easy task. You seem to be if the belief that if you recognise what we need (like any 6 year old could) then we should get one.

It wasn’t addressed for a reason, clearly.

Mawson to West Ham on 14:27 - Jul 2 with 1761 viewsshenleymun

oh wow, MD10 takes us back to Naughton again...

Get a grip. The whole squad took us down. I'm not sure who I would say escapes any blame. Maybe Jordan Ayew for his goals (till they dried up). God knows who else.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 14:28]
Mawson to West Ham on 14:46 - Jul 2 with 1703 viewsswan65split

AYEW!!!!!! What a waste of money he turned out to be! why would another club in relegation fight at the time let their striker go to another club in trouble?..........because he wasnt cutting it thats why
Mawson to West Ham on 14:48 - Jul 2 with 1699 viewspencoedjack

Mawson to West Ham on 14:27 - Jul 2 by shenleymun

Get a grip. The whole squad took us down. I'm not sure who I would say escapes any blame. Maybe Jordan Ayew for his goals (till they dried up). God knows who else.

Not that I always agree with MD10, but not replacing Naughton last summer was a prime example of the incompetence of Jenkins.
Mawson to West Ham on 14:49 - Jul 2 with 1697 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 14:46 - Jul 2 by swan65split

AYEW!!!!!! What a waste of money he turned out to be! why would another club in relegation fight at the time let their striker go to another club in trouble?..........because he wasnt cutting it thats why

Well he isn’t a striker for a start and he hasn’t turned out to be anything, he’s still here.

Of course he wasn’t cutting it. De Bruyne wasn’t cutting it at Chelsea either. Your point?

You really expected us to sign someone banging them in?? Our fans expectations are frighteningly stupid at times.

Mawson to West Ham on 14:57 - Jul 2 with 1673 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 14:49 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Well he isn’t a striker for a start and he hasn’t turned out to be anything, he’s still here.

Of course he wasn’t cutting it. De Bruyne wasn’t cutting it at Chelsea either. Your point?

You really expected us to sign someone banging them in?? Our fans expectations are frighteningly stupid at times.

Bit of a range though, isn't there Dim, between somebody "banging them in" and a forward scoring zero goals like A Ayew achieved for Swansea.

What is a forward scoring zero goals with only a couple of assists worth in half a season?

Twentysomething million?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 15:02]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mawson to West Ham on 15:18 - Jul 2 with 1635 viewsjasper_T

Mawson to West Ham on 14:48 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

Not that I always agree with MD10, but not replacing Naughton last summer was a prime example of the incompetence of Jenkins.

He had a better season than Olsson and at least we had some depth at right-back.
Mawson to West Ham on 15:20 - Jul 2 with 1629 viewsmagicdaps10

Mawson to West Ham on 14:27 - Jul 2 by shenleymun

Naughton was not to blame, that is correct.

If we had pursued our interest in Arias and got an attacking midfielder in then i am confident we would still be in the Premier League today.

Its not a argument, i am open minded too everyone's opinions but it is obvious that our transfer dealing especially in the last 12 months have been disastrous, the sacking of our scouting staff goes to show that.

You cant expect all signings to hit the road all singing and all dancing but alot have been like a drum kit with no drum sticks.

Mawson to West Ham on 15:22 - Jul 2 with 1627 viewsmagicdaps10

Mawson to West Ham on 15:18 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

He had a better season than Olsson and at least we had some depth at right-back.

Again, did Olsson not have a good season because he had no one pushing him for his place?

Mawson to West Ham on 16:13 - Jul 2 with 1557 viewsdobjack2

Mawson to West Ham on 13:15 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

It isn’t an argument it is a fact.

Whether you were worried about Monk ball or not is irrelevant. It was still better than what we saw for the previous 12 months under Laudrup.

An identikit PL team is infinitely more desirable than a team that cannot pass, tackle or shoot. The key was to find a way to get back to our old ways, we weren’t able to.

The change of style started with Laudrup who played with narrower width and liked to play through the middle instead of pace outside as had become identifiable with us.

Sorry to inform you that your opinions aren’t facts they are just opinions.

Whether you think that monkball was better than what we previously saw with Laudrup is both your opinion and irrelevant.
Mawson to West Ham on 19:01 - Jul 2 with 1485 viewsswan65split

Mawson to West Ham on 14:49 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

I dont give a monkeys f@@@ that De Bruyne wasn’t cutting it at Chelsea either.
we forked out a lot of money in a hope that we would sign someone to save our PL status.........his purchase as some on here stated/asked at the time was questionable and proved fruitless.
(awaits war and peace and bullcrap)
Mawson to West Ham on 19:28 - Jul 2 with 1453 viewsLeonWasGod

Mawson to West Ham on 16:13 - Jul 2 by dobjack2

Whether you think that monkball was better than what we previously saw with Laudrup is both your opinion and irrelevant.

Not facts? There's probably an E20 TheResaurus somewhere with all this written down to prove it's all true

Ps. Monkball after his first summer was some of the most depressing, defensive shoite I saw down here. Until Clement last season.
Mawson to West Ham on 19:54 - Jul 2 with 1412 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 14:57 - Jul 2 by Shaky

Bit of a range though, isn't there Dim, between somebody "banging them in" and a forward scoring zero goals like A Ayew achieved for Swansea.

What is a forward scoring zero goals with only a couple of assists worth in half a season?

Twentysomething million?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 15:02]

It depends on the player my good man.

Are you telling me that if Neymar didn’t score for half a season he wouldn’t be worth £20m?

Stop being silly now. Go and do a spreadsheet.

Mawson to West Ham on 19:57 - Jul 2 with 1399 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 16:13 - Jul 2 by dobjack2

Only in so much as it is a fact that Messi is better than Wayne Routledge. I suppose you could argue it’s only an opinion, but it is essentially a fact.

What we saw under Laudrup was the worst we have seen in the PL barring the last couple of years. You can disagree but you would be wrong.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 20:07]

Mawson to West Ham on 20:29 - Jul 2 with 1365 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 19:54 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

It depends on the player my good man.

Are you telling me that if Neymar didn’t score for half a season he wouldn’t be worth £20m?

Stop being silly now. Go and do a spreadsheet.

So you are saying that if Neymar didn't score for half a season he would be worth a tenth of the £200 million PSG paid for him.

Think you need another disco nap, Dim.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mawson to West Ham on 20:31 - Jul 2 with 1361 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 20:29 - Jul 2 by Shaky

So you are saying that if Neymar didn't score for half a season he would be worth a tenth of the £200 million PSG paid for him.

Think you need another disco nap, Dim.

Read it again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024