Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fede Fernandez is staying? 09:43 - Jul 2 with 7223 viewsomarjack

He posted this on his Instagram yesterday.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 11:17 - Jul 4 with 1729 viewsTom1912

Can’t understand why there’s not been more interest in him. He’s a capable Premier League centre back that can probably be signed for £10m. Would love to keep him, he’d dominate the Championship, but I can’t see it.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 11:31 - Jul 4 with 1689 viewsmoonie

Clubs not as sanguine as you about him,Tom
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 11:46 - Jul 4 with 1673 viewsomarjack

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 11:17 - Jul 4 by Tom1912

Can’t understand why there’s not been more interest in him. He’s a capable Premier League centre back that can probably be signed for £10m. Would love to keep him, he’d dominate the Championship, but I can’t see it.

Spot on..I also can't understand it whatsoever.

A CB who's been an integral part of a PL club defence for 4 years. Who's always performed and rarely let down. A defender who's almost always fit and played the majority of fixtures with his club. An international player who's been to the world cup. It's astonishing how little interest he's gathered so far.

If he wasn't a Swan and was playing for a newly relegated club, and If we've survived he'd probably be my target number one for CB.

And he's probably available for 7-8 m. A steal! Surely the fact he's approaching 30 is a bit of a turn off but still it's very weird how no PL club showed interest. not even Cardiff or sh!te like that.. Not even mid table clubs in the big leagues..like Villareal or Fiorentina or Nice etc..why the f*ck?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 11:47]

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 12:21 - Jul 4 with 1632 viewsjack247

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 11:46 - Jul 4 by omarjack

A CB who's been an integral part of a PL club defence for 4 years. Who's always performed and rarely let down. A defender who's almost always fit and played the majority of fixtures with his club. An international player who's been to the world cup. It's astonishing how little interest he's gathered so far.

If he wasn't a Swan and was playing for a newly relegated club, and If we've survived he'd probably be my target number one for CB.

And he's probably available for 7-8 m. A steal! Surely the fact he's approaching 30 is a bit of a turn off but still it's very weird how no PL club showed interest. not even Cardiff or sh!te like that.. Not even mid table clubs in the big leagues..like Villareal or Fiorentina or Nice etc..why the f*ck?

I’d be surprised if he’s still here when the window closes.

As far as I know, it’s only Ki and Fab from the first team that have gone so far. There will be other departures, I’m pretty certain Mawson and both the Ayews will be amongst them. After that you’ve got Bony if anyone will take a punt on his wages and Fernandez who I’d expect a top level team to come in for.

Transfer market will probably kick off after the World Cup
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 12:22 - Jul 4 with 1629 views34dfgdf54

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 11:46 - Jul 4 by omarjack

Or maybe it's an indication on how much these guys have been on salary wise for the last few years. Clubs can't get close.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 13:43 - Jul 4 with 1519 viewsWhiterockin

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 12:22 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

Or maybe it's an indication on how much these guys have been on salary wise for the last few years. Clubs can't get close.

Or possibly he is happy in his new house with his family settled and is in no rush to move.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 13:52 - Jul 4 with 1498 views34dfgdf54

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 13:43 - Jul 4 by Whiterockin

Or possibly he is happy in his new house with his family settled and is in no rush to move.

Would be nice if that's the case, but if reports are true, then he won't have much choice, we want him off the wage bill. You never know how reliable WalesOnline is though.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 13:58 - Jul 4 with 1488 viewsWhiterockin

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 13:52 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

Would be nice if that's the case, but if reports are true, then he won't have much choice, we want him off the wage bill. You never know how reliable WalesOnline is though.

I am let to believe it is the case, according to a couple of his neighbors. No doubt the club would like to cash in but if the player wants to "give it a season" to try and get us back up, there is a stalemate.
Login to get fewer ads

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 14:32 - Jul 4 with 1427 views34dfgdf54

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 13:58 - Jul 4 by Whiterockin

I am let to believe it is the case, according to a couple of his neighbors. No doubt the club would like to cash in but if the player wants to "give it a season" to try and get us back up, there is a stalemate.

Ah sorry I didn’t know you actually knew his neighbours. That’s refreshing to hear, good on him, I wish we had more players with that commitment.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 14:38 - Jul 4 with 1408 viewsWhiterockin

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 14:32 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

Ah sorry I didn’t know you actually knew his neighbours. That’s refreshing to hear, good on him, I wish we had more players with that commitment.

Without knowing the facts in the background, there is always the chance that he does not have a relegation clause in his contract. That's why the club want him out and he's happy to stay.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:06 - Jul 4 with 1283 viewsomarjack

Holy f*cksh!t look at this..he's staying!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/fede-it-starts-here

I've always loved Fede. lovely man by all means. And a good footballer.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 17:09]

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:08 - Jul 4 with 1277 viewskarnataka

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 14:38 - Jul 4 by Whiterockin

Without knowing the facts in the background, there is always the chance that he does not have a relegation clause in his contract. That's why the club want him out and he's happy to stay.

So if there is a standoff where the club want to sell him but he doesn't want to leave and possibly nobody wants to buy him either, what are the options? He wants to stick to his contract so the only way the club could get him off the wage bill would be to pay him off but surely that is just like paying all his wages upfront anyway for the remainder of his contract? May as well use him as a player if that is case. Would love to see him & vdH as a pairing for the Championship and not have to fork out for central defenders when there are other areas in the squad in much greater need of strengthening.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:21 - Jul 4 with 1250 viewsjasper_T

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:08 - Jul 4 by karnataka

So if there is a standoff where the club want to sell him but he doesn't want to leave and possibly nobody wants to buy him either, what are the options? He wants to stick to his contract so the only way the club could get him off the wage bill would be to pay him off but surely that is just like paying all his wages upfront anyway for the remainder of his contract? May as well use him as a player if that is case. Would love to see him & vdH as a pairing for the Championship and not have to fork out for central defenders when there are other areas in the squad in much greater need of strengthening.

The way it's going Fede will have his work cut out getting into the team. 5 great centrebacks still on the books for this level, and hopefully we're not playing 3 at the back.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:42 - Jul 4 with 1210 viewsSwanjaxs

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:21 - Jul 4 by jasper_T

The way it's going Fede will have his work cut out getting into the team. 5 great centrebacks still on the books for this level, and hopefully we're not playing 3 at the back.

Two maybe three of those won't be here by the time the season starts, lots looking at the players reporting back for training and thinking all is rosey, not so, five or six at least will be moving on

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:50 - Jul 4 with 1185 viewsjasper_T

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:42 - Jul 4 by Swanjaxs

Two maybe three of those won't be here by the time the season starts, lots looking at the players reporting back for training and thinking all is rosey, not so, five or six at least will be moving on

Two or three of them leaving is plenty rosey. I expected that many to be gone already.

Any two from the five as our starting defensive partnership is an excellent foundation for the team.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 18:00 - Jul 4 with 1162 viewsmajorraglan

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 03:32 - Jul 4 by Loyal

So you beleive there was no relegation financial planning ?
Even after the warnings of the previous two season ?

I believe that there will be relegation clauses in most of the players contracts so some planning will have taken place, but relegation has a huge factor. Even if Bony and Ayew are on 50% relegation clauses, if they are what is being bandied about on here that still means the club will pay them the best part of £5m next season, that’s a huge percentage of the turnover.

The club is now owned by financial investors who will want a return on their investment, they bought the cash at what may be the top of the market, they will want that money back........

I am concerned re the impact relegation is going to have and my glass is currently half empty, I just believe some fans don’t appreciate how many changes will need to take place.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 18:34 - Jul 4 with 1089 views34dfgdf54

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:21 - Jul 4 by jasper_T

Umm, who in this squad is going to keep Fede out of the team? Because they’ve all been here several years and no manager has fancied them above Fede yet...

Or are you just on a wind up?
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 18:42 - Jul 4 with 1065 viewsjack247

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 18:34 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

Umm, who in this squad is going to keep Fede out of the team? Because they’ve all been here several years and no manager has fancied them above Fede yet...

None of them. If he stays, he’ll play more or less every game, be one of the first names on the team sheet and probably captain.

I still think he’ll be off, but it’s a hell of a boost if not.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:32 - Jul 4 with 1002 viewsjasper_T

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 18:34 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

We've got an embarrassment of riches at centre back. Amat's had a great season abroad and Bartley's a Championship superstar. Does Fede play ahead of our £25m man? Where does that leave fan favourite vdH?

Needs to keep looking over his shoulder. Monk benched him, it could happen again.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:38 - Jul 4 with 989 viewsnyc_swans

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 17:06 - Jul 4 by omarjack

Holy f*cksh!t look at this..he's staying!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/fede-it-starts-here

I've always loved Fede. lovely man by all means. And a good footballer.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 17:09]

in fairness, no ambiguous instagram post or pull quote is going to decide if he's staying or not. if they club gets a generous offer he will be gone. same as with every other player.

best not to try read into subtext. it never means anything.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:41 - Jul 4 with 977 views34dfgdf54

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:32 - Jul 4 by jasper_T

We've got an embarrassment of riches at centre back. Amat's had a great season abroad and Bartley's a Championship superstar. Does Fede play ahead of our £25m man? Where does that leave fan favourite vdH?

Needs to keep looking over his shoulder. Monk benched him, it could happen again.

I lost you at £25m! Fair play though.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:47 - Jul 4 with 962 viewsBadlands

But Monk was / is a goofball merchant who knew / knows f*** all about football.
If we keep Fede Amat can leave (I really rate Jordi as he has great footballing brain and ability but won't play a bench role again and Fede will always be ahead of him)
If we keep Mawson he has to play so he can stay in the shop window for a January sale.
That leaves Van Der Hoorn and Bartley neither of whom will warm the bench.
I'd keep Fede as player and captain, Van der Hoorn & Bartley then use under 23s to fill in.
Potter will alternate between 3 and 2 CBs id ÖFK is anything to go by.

On the other hand we could be left with just Van Der Hoorn and have to completely reinvent the defence.

Who is our £25 million player?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 19:48]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:59 - Jul 4 with 935 viewsjack247

Mawson isn’t going to be here long
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 20:32 - Jul 4 with 892 views34dfgdf54

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 19:59 - Jul 4 by jack247

Mawson isn’t going to be here long

My heads completely gone, I didn’t even think of Mawson, to be honest I don’t even class hun as in the squad anymore, 0% of him staying in my opinion.
Fede Fernandez is staying? on 10:10 - Jul 5 with 748 viewsShaky

Fede Fernandez is staying? on 20:32 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

My heads completely gone, I didn’t even think of Mawson, to be honest I don’t even class hun as in the squad anymore, 0% of him staying in my opinion.

Can he actually pass a medical currently though? I am not so sure.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024